Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,105 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (827737 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 3rdHigh: 12:44am On Aug 30, 2014
Hello guys, kindly help to clarify, do I need to NOTARISE photocopies of my documents before sending or may I just send the photocopies as is without any notary public attestation/certifications, people with experience, kindly clarify. Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:03am On Aug 30, 2014
judeje: @ Solomon wise

Please my husband and I applied for the fswp last year and out application is being processed and money has been taken from our account...but suddenly last week we recieved an email that we should elaborate our job duties and provide more evidence of our engineering experience...why is this coming after almost 6months of application? And is this an indication of imminent refusal?

You need to clarify bold...You applied last year or 6 months ago? Who "suddenly" requested for additional information? Where did you send your application?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 7:22am On Aug 30, 2014
judeje: @ Solomon wise

Please my husband and I applied for the fswp last year and out application is being processed and money has been taken from our account...but suddenly last week we recieved an email that we should elaborate our job duties and provide more evidence of our engineering experience...why is this coming after almost 6months of application? And is this an indication of imminent refusal?

solomonwis:

You need to clarify bold...You applied last year or 6 months ago? Who "suddenly" requested for additional information? Where did you send your application?

Good questions.........and where does this inquiry comes from?
CIC or AVO ?
If possible and if you won't mind,share your timeline ....application sent date,application received state,application charged date and your PERS received date.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 7:33am On Aug 30, 2014
unibadan: Hello House,

kindly help to clarify this. I want to use someones credit card to pay for the application fee. In the fee form, can we say that Name of Principal Applicant different from Name of Payer? Should i put the name of the owner of the Credit Card in the space of 'Name of Player' of my name.
Please if the name of principal applicant is different from name of payer,kindly state them as requested respectively.
To your questions.......yes....and Yes.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 7:38am On Aug 30, 2014
dotsngr: Please I need advice. I submitted my application about three weeks ago but just realised that I did not fill out section 7 and section 11 with not applicable. Please what do I do? Will they return my application and what can I do to remedy it?
If they are truly not applicable to you......don't worry,you are safe.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 7:50am On Aug 30, 2014
3rdHigh: Hello guys, kindly help to clarify, do I need to NOTARISE photocopies of my documents before sending or may I just send the photocopies as is without any notary public attestation/certifications, people with experience, kindly clarify. Thanks
Translation,Cerification and Notorization are only requested by CIC only if and if you have translated from a document whose language and letterings are written in native language by default .
If not applicable ,you do not need to do them.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 7:58am On Aug 30, 2014
A very good morning guys.
Is my wife to send her job reference along with my application ( I am the principal applicant ).

I ask this question after reading judeje's post.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:28am On Aug 30, 2014
Meritl: A very good morning guys.
Is my wife to send her job reference along with my application ( I am the principal applicant ).

I ask this question after reading judeje's post.
NO.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 3rdHigh: 8:40am On Aug 30, 2014
damkollins:
Translation,Cerification and Notorization are only requested by CIC only if and if you have translated from a document whose language and letterings are written in native language by default .
If not applicable ,you do not need to do them.
Cheers

Thanks buddy! Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by benik(f): 10:33am On Aug 30, 2014
damkollins:
They are sometimes randomly analysed for quality control measures.....They will just pick randomly.
Like I said,it may just be a technical fault....may delay for another one week...
Just relax and be calm.
Cheers.

on the other hand can i just go and pick it up from the british council since i requested pick up rather than posting it to me
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by judeje(f): 11:21am On Aug 30, 2014
damkollins:
We applied in august last year, thats about a year ago and the letter we got was sent from AVO...my hubby is the principal applicant and the letter was adressed to him. When i say suddenly i mean that I thought we have passed that stage already

CIC or AVO ?
If possible and if you won't mind,share your timeline ....application sent date,application received state,application charged date and your PERS received date.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by judeje(f): 11:25am On Aug 30, 2014
damkollins:
We applied in August and it was received in November abd that's when we were charged

CIC or AVO ?
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 12:32pm On Aug 30, 2014
judeje:
We applied in August and it was received in November abd that's when we were charged
We applied in august last year, thats about a year ago and the letter we got was sent from AVO...my hubby is the principal applicant and the letter was adressed to him. When i say suddenly i mean that I thought we have passed that stage already
[b]I understand your hubby is the principal applicant but you also need to clear out same doubts from prospective applicants ,.When you say letter of experience to be clarified as requested from Accra ,is it for your hubby alone as the principal applicant or for both of you?
I want to believe that only the principal applicant is meant to send letter of experience......that's what the CIC instructions stipulates so i would find it funny if Accra ask both of you to clarify your job duties.
Also,it seems to me that Accra already commenced treating your applications andmseems to be having doubts on the job experience already specified which is why they need further clarification to ascertain if he truly performs such duties.In this case,hubby may still need his company to provide more proof thatch duties have been performed and still been performed in a more clearer and legible way.
CIC already scrutinized his experience letters and find it it suitable Soooooo Accra may have found a dark spot which they feel needs to be explained.He has the responsibility to explain further to make them get clarified.
Also,please let him check his ECAS status updates to know what is there as I'm sure he's already issued UCI after receiving his PERS email notification.
Rather than panicking or worrying ,let hubby concentrate on giving positive response to Accra to meet the deadline given..
Let us know the developments .
Cheers.[/b]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 3rdHigh: 1:02pm On Aug 30, 2014
Hello house, thanks for always being there, need another clarification, please is it neceessary to include NYSC discharge certificate? Thanks for clarifying
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 1:14pm On Aug 30, 2014
3rdHigh: Hello house, thanks for always being there, need another clarification, please is it neceessary to include NYSC discharge certificate? Thanks for clarifying
Not requested .......but i included a photocopy of mine in the application to clear my conscience.....
Clear yours too to be on a safe side of caution.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lollypop2(f): 3:14pm On Aug 30, 2014
Pls can anyone help me with the ielts materials. This is my mail kaffsmith85@hotmail.com. Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lollypop2(f): 3:18pm On Aug 30, 2014
Pls can anyone help me with the ietls materials. This is my email kaffsmith85@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by cheers1234: 5:17pm On Aug 30, 2014
To all IELTS guru, this might interest you lol.
http://www.jobzilla.ng/2014/08/british-council-nigeria-jobs-for-ielts.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+recentnigerianjobvacancies+%28JobZilla+Nigeria%29
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by blessbunmi(f): 6:41pm On Aug 30, 2014
Pls based on your response, I will to know what the UCI means, because I am confused and need assistance to fill the fswp form

color=#990000][/color]
damkollins:
[b]I understand your hubby is the principal applicant but you also need to clear out same doubts from prospective applicants ,.When you say letter of experience to be clarified as requested from Accra ,is it for your hubby alone as the principal applicant or for both of you?
I want to believe that only the principal applicant is meant to send letter of experience......that's what the CIC instructions stipulates so i would find it funny if Accra ask both of you to clarify your job duties.
Also,it seems to me that Accra already commenced treating your applications andmseems to be having doubts on the job experience already specified which is why they need further clarification to ascertain if he truly performs such duties.In this case,hubby may still need his company to provide more proof thatch duties have been performed and still been performed in a more clearer and legible way.
CIC already scrutinized his experience letters and find it it suitable Soooooo Accra may have found a dark spot which they feel needs to be explained.He has the responsibility to explain further to make them get clarified.
Also,please let him check his ECAS status updates to know what is there as I'm sure he's already issued UCI after receiving his PERS email notification.
Rather than panicking or worrying ,let hubby concentrate on giving positive response to Accra to meet the deadline given..
Let us know the developments .
Cheers.[/b]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 7:58pm On Aug 30, 2014
blessbunmi: Pls based on your response, I will to know what the UCI means, because I am confused and need assistance to fill the fswp form

color=#990000][/color]
If you are a first time applicant ,UCI is of no use to you when filling your form.
Are you a first time applicant?
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 10:27pm On Aug 30, 2014
benik:

on the other hand can i just go and pick it up from the british council since i requested pick up rather than posting it to me

yes you go pick it up.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livepluslife: 11:26pm On Aug 30, 2014
Hi, am new here and very much interested in fwsc. Am happy to have people I can share my experience with cry.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livepluslife: 11:37pm On Aug 30, 2014
Kindly advice Pls; In 2015 i will be 39yrs old I have an Mba from uniben and works as a retail sales / customer service executive ,my hubby will be 50yrs, he's an associate prof. and has a PhD. My job specification is not exactly listed, but his is. Who would u advice to be the principal applicant considering hubby's age? My other question is can we use pension fund contribution as part of our settlement fund?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:42am On Aug 31, 2014
livepluslife: Kindly advice Pls; In 2015 i will be 39yrs old I have an Mba from uniben and works as a retail sales / customer service executive ,my hubby will be 50yrs, he's an associate prof. and has a PhD. My job specification is not exactly listed, but his is. Who would u advice to be the principal applicant considering hubby's age? My other question is can we use pension fund contribution as part of our settlement fund?

Hello,

Not minding the age(as he's likely to score 0 - Zero under age),your spouse seem more qualified than you are under the current application intake.This is because his occupation is listed as eligible under the current application intake 2014/2015. Your occupation (as a customer service executive is not listed).However,close to half of the points lost under age can be recovered when you as an accompanying spouse write and include include your IELTS result along with his application,provided your language level is not below CLB 4 in all the four language abilities - Adaptability.

So advisably, he should be the PA.

Pension fund contributions is acceptable as a proof of settlement fund especially at the Centalized Intake office level,however you might be asked to provide proof that this fund is unencumbered and readily accessible to you at the visa office level.
I will therefore advise you make haste in getting your spouse's educational credentials assessed (if he didn't obtain his qualifications in Canada) and you both make plans to write IELTS.

People here along with previous posts can be of assistance in the journey to making your application successful. Do not hesitate to ask for guidance should there be any need.

Please make haste,the cap limit is filling up fast!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livepluslife: 5:40am On Aug 31, 2014
Thanks for the advise. His msc and PhD transcripts are ready, it's the undergraduate transcript that is delaying. Since he got all from same school, will the msc n PhD be OK to send to wes or I should just wait for the bsc before sending? Pls can u help with materials for for ielts I have the book but the cd is bad. Thanks a lot am happy I found this forum
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:07am On Aug 31, 2014
livepluslife: Thanks for the advise. His msc and PhD transcripts are ready, it's the undergraduate transcript that is delaying. Since he got all from same school, will the msc n PhD be OK to send to wes or I should just wait for the bsc before sending? Pls can u help with materials for for ielts I have the book but the cd is bad. Thanks a lot am happy I found this forum

As time is running out,all he needs to do now is to assess his highest educational qualifications - Msc and Phd (He can include the undergraduate qualifications later).

I honestly don't have the IELTS materials (I have never had to use any other materials beside the British Council materials and just one of the online blogs where IELTS is being discussed - www.ielts-blog.com).

@damkollins,can I request of you to forward the IELTS materials to @livepluslife please?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by livepluslife: 6:27am On Aug 31, 2014
Thanks so much solomonwis. You are an angel
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:23am On Aug 31, 2014
solomonwis:
I honestly don't have the IELTS materials (I have never had to use any other materials beside the British Council materials and just one of the online blogs where IELTS is being discussed - www.ielts-blog.com).

@damkollins,can I request of you to forward the IELTS materials to @livepluslife please?

livepluslife: Thanks so much solomonwis. You are an angel

Please drop your email address.....someone or myself on this thread will surely send to you as soon as possible.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 31, 2014
livepluslife: Thanks for the advise. His msc and PhD transcripts are ready, it's the undergraduate transcript that is delaying. Since he got all from same school, will the msc n PhD be OK to send to wes or I should just wait for the bsc before sending? Pls can u help with materials for for ielts I have the book but the cd is bad. Thanks a lot am happy I found this forum
Ur husband needs bands that will bring in 22-24 points from IELTS and u will need no one less than 4 to bring home 5points. The transcript of PhD is enough for his 25 points but if that of M.Sc is readily available, include it. While the latter is extra cash for that school...it isn't for WES. However, they go straight from the school or made to appear official. How many years has he worked?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 31, 2014
damkollins:

Please drop your email address.....someone or myself on this thread will surely send to you as soon as possible.
Cheers
How far? Ur MR suppose don show.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 1:04pm On Aug 31, 2014
ferdimako:
How far? Ur MR suppose don show.
We're still on the queue ....I'm sure it will be FIFO........
The good thing is that they have started issuing it.....it will surely continue to a realistic end.
grin grin grin
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 31, 2014
damkollins:
We're still on the queue ....I'm sure it will be FIFO........
The good thing is that they have started issuing it.....it will surely continue to a realistic end.
grin grin grin
Cheers
OK... I know so.

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (322)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.