Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

An Open Letter To Women From Men - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / An Open Letter To Women From Men (933 Views)

An Apology Letter From Men To Women / What Is Wrong With Polygamy? ( Comments From Men Only Please). / Ladies What Romantic Gestures Would You Appreciate From Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Women From Men by free2ryhme: 2:21pm On May 04, 2013

Dear Women,

First of all, we're sorry. We're sorry that although we look like men, we often act like boys. We're not even sure what it means to be men anymore. As we grow up, we learn that to be happy is to be self-indulgent and self-centered. We try to make enough money so that we can have the right TV with the right video games in the right home. We want to date you and maybe even marry you but we are scared to focus on someone else instead of ourselves. Isn't it sad that we see committing to you as a potential threat to our happiness instead of a wonderful opportunity?

Here's what we don't understand: True happiness comes from being true men. We think and act like boys who don't want their toys taken away. We look up to "role models" in the media who teach us to get as much gratification out of life as possible. We may claim to be spiritual, or even firm atheists, but pleasure is the god that we worship, whether we realize it or not. Unfortunately, women tend to be just another part of our hedonistic lifestyle. Please know this: True men won't treat you like an irritating obstacle or a sexual convenience.

A real man understands that women are to be cherished and treated with care and honor. He sees marriage as the opportunity to be a real-life superhero—he leaves behind his old identity and becomes a new person, dedicated to serving his wife and children. Although he will struggle at first, a true man who marries eventually understands that he can't fit through the narrow doorway to happiness if he tries to carry all of his toys with him. There is just enough room for him and his wife, arm in arm, committed to their marriage.

Women, you can help us become real men! Most importantly, we want to feel admired by you. Help us to know that you love us just as we are, even if there is room for improvement. Do this by giving us words of validation; praise us for the things we do well. This means more to us than we let on.

In return, we will make sure that you feel loved and cherished by us. We will learn to talk with you so you can be heard and understood, not so that we can tell you how to solve your problems. We'll also try to learn to express how we feel without withdrawing or getting angry. With polished communication we can learn that what makes you happy makes us happy too! What a concept!

Once again, we're sorry. We are to blame, even though good male role models are hard to find these days. We've ignored our calling to become true men and instead act like we're in high school for as long as we can. Please trust that we are capable of more than this.

If you are frustrated with the man in your life, do your best to forgive him and start fresh. After a while, if it's clear that he will not become a real man, leave him. You deserve better.

A healthy relationship will make everyone involved feel happy. When we are happy, we are capable of living meaningful and fulfilling lives alongside one another. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we journey onward to find happiness and become real men.

Sincerely,
Men

http://www.youbeauty.com/mind/columns/cloud-nine/letter-to-women-from-men?utm_source=crowdignite.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=crowdignite.com

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Women From Men by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 04, 2013
Beautiful.
Re: An Open Letter To Women From Men by Caracta(f): 2:35pm On May 04, 2013
Apology accepted cheesy
Re: An Open Letter To Women From Men by Smartiegurl(f): 3:11pm On May 04, 2013
Caracta: Apology accepted cheesy
hehehehehe!! Likewise......
Re: An Open Letter To Women From Men by Baritone(m): 3:55pm On May 04, 2013
Straight from the heart..
Re: An Open Letter To Women From Men by angelTI(f): 4:34pm On May 04, 2013
ok, we don hear
Re: An Open Letter To Women From Men by Rhymez(m): 4:38pm On May 04, 2013
Op, speak for yourself! I aint apologising angry

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Women From Men by Smartiegurl(f): 4:45pm On May 04, 2013
Rhymez: Op, speak for yourself! I aint apologising angry
hehehehehehe!! I hate you......
Re: An Open Letter To Women From Men by Rhymez(m): 4:58pm On May 04, 2013
Smartie gurl: hehehehehehe!! I hate you......
grin. I love you cos you hate me tongue
Re: An Open Letter To Women From Men by Smartiegurl(f): 5:09pm On May 04, 2013
Rhymez:
grin. I love you cos you hate me tongue
awwww!! Indirectly saying sorry huh? I love u too...
Re: An Open Letter To Women From Men by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 04, 2013
Hu is writin dis crap, yea! kip apologisin lyk d boy u ar, tro ur toys away n let da ladies take u as dia toy. U sure ar watchin too much india movies.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Women From Men by Rhymez(m): 5:15pm On May 04, 2013
Smartie gurl: awwww!! Indirectly saying sorry huh? I love u too...
Prove it grin
Re: An Open Letter To Women From Men by Smartiegurl(f): 5:17pm On May 04, 2013
Rhymez:
Prove it grin
Huh?
Re: An Open Letter To Women From Men by jntyjnty007(f): 5:19pm On May 04, 2013
No thanks.
Re: An Open Letter To Women From Men by Rhymez(m): 5:22pm On May 04, 2013
Smartie gurl: Huh?
huh :p
Re: An Open Letter To Women From Men by free2ryhme: 5:40pm On May 04, 2013
Rhymez: Op, speak for yourself! I aint apologising angry

Who send you work e lenu gboro
Re: An Open Letter To Women From Men by free2ryhme: 5:41pm On May 04, 2013
Caracta: Apology accepted cheesy

me and u still get score to settle ooo angry
Re: An Open Letter To Women From Men by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 04, 2013
I wasn't part of this letter.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Women From Men by Rhymez(m): 5:51pm On May 04, 2013
free2ryhme:

Who send you work e lenu gboro
Re: An Open Letter To Women From Men by Caracta(f): 6:42pm On May 04, 2013
free2ryhme:

me and u still get score to settle ooo angry
Lol...nah. We are good.
Re: An Open Letter To Women From Men by free2ryhme: 6:48pm On May 04, 2013
sexkillz: I wasn't part of this letter.

u were never part of it
Re: An Open Letter To Women From Men by Pdizzle(m): 9:33pm On May 04, 2013
sexkillz: I wasn't part of this letter.
Re: An Open Letter To Women From Men by pleep(m): 9:53pm On May 04, 2013
Lol skrew this cheesy crap... the ladies should be appologizing to US

(1) (Reply)

22 Relationship Killer / What Men Dont Tell Women / How To Marry A Rich Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.