Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,634 members, 7,854,649 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:20 PM

What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? (8485 Views)

Guys What's Your Take On Girls That Sag,smoke/drink / What Is Wrong If Your Girlfriend Is Taller Than You: / When A Man Doesn't Want Commitment In A Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? by sunnyt1(m): 11:39pm On May 05, 2013
Yes o, its the same wit me, I dnt do any of these things and people say im stingy and odd, bt folks know im nt boring, im a very lively and playful person to have as a friend. I dnt know y people see ungodly things as the acceptable standard.
These things will only bring shame and regret to a man, so y shd u call people names for not doing them?
Re: What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? by Bj5all(m): 12:57pm On May 06, 2013
nekaa: Am sure my sis already thinks u weird, without meeting you lol... Buh I fink you cool, just 1 quick kwestion " aw do u pass time?" or lemmi rephrase "what do u do for fun?"
chat with friends, watch movies, read alot and really love thinking on book and i love writing too
Re: What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? by carlos1(m): 2:52pm On May 06, 2013
Bj5all: this general mentality that a man must either be drinking, smoke or/and womanise is driving me crazy. i do neither of them and am very hapi with the way am living my life.
do i sound odd or am i missing out? NairaLanders, what do u guys think and am i alone?

u r not alone. Am exactly like dat and people tell me everyday dat i pretend. I learnt to ignore cos i luv d way i live my life. I do wat makes me happy n nt wat makes dem happy
Re: What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? by Princesszoe: 6:56pm On May 06, 2013
;DWhat about doing the womanizing with your eyes? Always gazing at fine babes that passes by? You fellow bi that o. You they womanize o ;DWhat about doing the womanizing with your eyes? Always gazing at fine babes that passes by? You fellow bi that o. You they womanize o
Re: What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? by Bj5all(m): 7:00pm On May 06, 2013
carlos1:

u r not alone. Am exactly like dat and people tell me everyday dat i pretend. I learnt to ignore cos i luv d way i live my life. I do wat makes me happy n nt wat makes dem happy
yes o, ignore their plenty talk and stick with the life style that makes u hapi
Re: What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? by michtob(m): 8:48am On May 07, 2013
I don't allow people to influence me with their kind of lifestyle (d 3 mentioned). A smoker will tell u notin is wrong wit it; a womanizer will tell you he's sampling dem out; a drunkard will tell you its inspiring.... D way guys dey take drink alcohol now sef dey fear me. All dis small green bottles dem. I love my life. I don't see any fun in smoking, womanising, partying/clubbing etal.
I'll rather influence dem with my own way of life - God fearing; simple; cool; focused; determined; football lover; gospel music (classical & contemporary); graphics designing; a churchboy.......

That's how I go on with my life and I'm happy with it

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 19, 2013
Its good that u don't do any of those things but that does not make one better than those who do it. Someone may not do all that but is worst than those who do it by engaging in other vices like malice, cheating etc. May God help us all.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? by Nobody: 9:42am On Jun 17, 2013
carlos1:

Travelled and stayed with two guyz and a lady for a program, it was difficult for them to accept the fact i don't drink. They made fun of me and deep down I didn't find it funny. But people can't cajole me into drnkin, smokin or womanizin just to make them happy. I will adopt this ur measure
Re: What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 17, 2013
I don't drink,smoke nor womanize and I hate parties,my dad used to think something was wrong with back in the days but right now am the perfect son.its a good way of life and it allows me engage in wholesome fun,I remember a girl once saying I was in a secret society.......I hate meat tooo
Re: What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 17, 2013
I don't drink

Not really a fan of smoking

And I don't consider myself a womanizer either

I hate that damn term

It's called being a Man

Spreading your Semenn like Nature Intended
Re: What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? by Dsage1: 11:50am On Jun 17, 2013
Bj5all:
chat with friends, watch movies, read alot and really love thinking on book and i love writing too

If you're living a sedentary life style,please quit before it too late for you. Being a smoker or womanizer is quite very bad but I don't think moderate/occasional drinking of good wines are that bad if you're a real guy.

Too much thinking,reading or movies can never help if you're not outgoing type. It's also dangerous to your health you know.
Re: What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? by Dsage1: 12:00pm On Jun 17, 2013
uche16: I don't drink,smoke nor womanize and I hate parties,my dad used to think something was wrong with back in the days but right now am the perfect son.its a good way of life and it allows me engage in wholesome fun,I remember a girl once saying I was in a secret society.......I hate meat tooo

For a girl to once saying you belongs to a secret society without any of what the op mentioned,you must be sadist then grin
Re: What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 17, 2013
D sage:

For a girl to once saying you belongs to a secret society without any of what the op mentioned,you must be sadist then grin
Lol dude,am just your average Hannibal lecter
Re: What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? by yomiousyolola: 12:07pm On Jun 17, 2013
Surely u must ah one bad attitude bro!nothing goes so fresh n fly
Re: What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? by BigBlackDick: 1:22pm On Jun 17, 2013
Life is too short to be normal.
Re: What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? by EMERITUS1(m): 7:01pm On Jun 17, 2013
i dont smoke cos its thrash i dont drink cos its not sweet i dont womanise cos i dont have a gf
Re: What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? by sparko1(m): 9:28am On Jun 18, 2013
D sage:

If you're living a sedentary life style,please quit before it too late for you. Being a smoker or womanizer is quite very bad but I don't think moderate/occasional drinking of good wines are that bad if you're a real guy.

Too much thinking,reading or movies can never help if you're not outgoing type. It's also dangerous to your health you know.
you lost me there, dangerous to your health really! Which part, the thinking or what? I don't do any of the above and i have not being to the hospital or taken any drug for 5 years. Do your home work before posting.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? by Dsage1: 2:52pm On Jun 18, 2013
sparko1: you lost me there, dangerous to your health really! Which part, the thinking or what? I don't do any of the above and i have not being to the hospital or taken any drug for 5 years. Do your home work before posting.

What's this one saying? Didn't you see I quoted his subsequent and not original post?

Besides, what is so hard for you to know/understand about the danger of sedentary life style?
Re: What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? by bknight: 3:45pm On Jun 18, 2013
*pours himself some luxury rum, drags a lungful and puffs some thick cuban smoke into the air*

Lol @ ebamma, 190, Fashaldrin grin
Re: What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? by zonax(m): 4:02pm On Jun 18, 2013
@OP I have just one question for you. Do you like soccer? For me, I DON'T smoke, drink or womanize but I derive me joy from Soccer and am living a normal life and am straight. Live your life the way it suits you bro. Don't compromise cos of what people out they are. Saying.
Re: What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? by IgweOO(m): 6:52pm On Jun 18, 2013
Bj5all: this general mentality that a man must either be drinking, smoke or/and womanise is driving me crazy. i do neither of them and am very hapi with the way am living my life.
do i sound odd or am i missing out? NairaLanders, what do u guys think and am i alone?

OP add gambling to the list. And if he doesn't do either one in the list and he is not a born-again/religious person, then you should be very careful being around such man. "Such man could kill at night and act normal at day time like nothing happen".

#The logic behind that assertion doesn't necessarily mean that every man should drink to stupor, responsible drinking is OK or that he should have as many as possible girlfriends, he could be a man with just one wife/girlfriend. The logic is that every man should be able to enjoy and participate in those activities that normal men are known for.
Re: What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? by Godson201333(m): 7:22pm On Jun 18, 2013
Rhymez: When u say 'drink' do you mean a dipsomaniac? Becos taking a bottle of beer without getting tipsy is not bad. I drink but responsibly.

I hope you know that you still a DRRRRRRRRUNKARD grin grin
Re: What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? by Godson201333(m): 7:25pm On Jun 18, 2013
EMERITUS1: i dont smoke cos its thrash i dont drink cos its not sweet i dont womanise cos i dont have a gf

So you do not eve know how to love..
Re: What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 18, 2013
Bj5all:
I was about telling you that you're a born writer before I saw this your post. Pls develop on your writing/reading skills. The things you mentioned in your first post are common traits found amongst born writers.

I wouldn't want to talk much about myself, but let me give u some scenarios.

When I was in higher institution, I had both good and bad friends. All my friends drink, few smoked then. I have never tasted any alcohol at my age and it has nothing to do with religion.

Naturally, my tasteboard hate bitter things, and most alcoholic drinks are bitter. I would have been taking palm wine, but the smell gives me....anyway, it makes me feel like throwing up.

I don't taste red wines, those ones are by principle anyway. I can't smoke.

I love women, but I hate getting romantically involved, scares, and most times I find myself getting easily pissed with their (females) attitudes, characters and behaviour, hence, I keep distance from them, but I love seeing attractive ladies around me (office, business or official environs); maybe during official duties, events, seminars, etc, but I hate being close cos I must observe something I wouldn't like, I always do, which gives friends n family concern, though I know it will gradually phase out.

Again, when I reflect on how some of my friends and colleagues mess around with women, I see myself disliking women in general. Too bad, but not my fault, still trying/working to overcome those issues.

just like you said, I also don't like parties, I just love staying in doors when I am not working to the extent that I might even skip church service/program. I thank God for the friends I have anyway, they understand me- they hardly push me to go out or to join in messing around or partying, they know I am a loner, would rather work on my pc than go out to hang out with d opp sex if possible.

Have turned down three diff offers from friends to be their bestman cos I hate crowd, knowing the weddings were gonna be crowdy, with much city fuss which I can't handle. But in all, I don't condemn my friends or those that drink, smoke, etc cos we all have our own flaws and sins, just advice them to take it easy but don't condemn.

I took out time to explain all these to u cos I understand how u feel; once felt odd some years back until I read some books and saw that I was not alone.

Just make sure u use your time now to compose cute story manuscripts before u schedule start getting tight, you are a born writer, work on it. Its not about being righteous or religious or good, its a trait common to naturally born writers and nerds.
Re: What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 18, 2013
zonax: @OP I have just one question for you. Do you like soccer? For me, I DON'T smoke, drink or womanize but I derive me joy from Soccer and am living a normal life and am straight. Live your life the way it suits you bro. Don't compromise cos of what people out they are. Saying.
That's another point. I am a soccer and computer game addict! I think that's where my own crime lies. I remember when we were in school, I and my immediate elder bro would play PES2, mainly WINNING ELEVEN/FIFA till day break, to the extent mama had to come switch off d TV or plead for us to pls stop and eat cos we are ready to play it all day.

And when I went for NYSC, I spent most of my money on PES at one joint at the mami market. And even after we were deployed to our places of PAs, I still got lucky and met a guy, my flat mate, who was also a PC game addict and we would play game from morning till night nonstop, no food, sometimes, no church, lol.

Up till now, at my old age, lol, I am still a PC game addict. Have all the soccer game versions and few war games and adventure games.

When I am not at work, brainstorming/researching, blogging, reading novels or writing new stories, then I am either surfing the net, reading news, gossips, biz news, nairaland jokes/romance tales, or playing game on my PC or PS3.

I know its a bad habit, may God forgive me, with time, I will outgrow them, maybe when I have kidsgringrin
Re: What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? by sparko1(m): 3:42am On Jun 19, 2013
D sage:

What's this one saying? Didn't you see I quoted his subsequent and not original post?

Besides, what is so hard for you to know/understand about the danger of sedentary life style?
[B]Too much thinking,reading or movies can never help if you're not outgoing type. It's also dangerous to your health you know.[/B] well i was talking about this, beside i can only see one topic! Can't seem to find you sedentary lifestyle anywhere. hmm!
Re: What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? by Mynd44: 5:45am On Jun 19, 2013
Re: What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? by tintingz(m): 5:52am On Jun 19, 2013
IIIIxRoyalxIIII: I don't drink

Not really a fan of smoking

And I don't consider myself a womanizer either

I hate that damn term

It's called being a Man

Spreading your Semenn like Nature Intended

Royal i know you dont tongue smiley
Re: What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? by tintingz(m): 6:03am On Jun 19, 2013
I know a guy like that, that do the womanizing, drinking, smoking....everytime i remind him that i dont do does stuffs he get suprised and think am not normal that he is normal with his pot belly, black eyes, burnt lips. grin
Re: What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? by bknight: 9:06am On Jun 19, 2013
DailyNews: ...I am a... computer game addict!
... with time, I will outgrow them, maybe when I have kidsgringrin

I'd still even thrash my grandkids join playing soccer on a premium console grin grin grin

Good one sage.
Re: What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? by Nobody: 9:20am On Jun 19, 2013
Flashaldrin: op, you want us to clap for you, praise you and tell you nothing is wrong with you abi??
Guess what?? Its not rare anymore, There are many much more like you, and sometimes its a sign of poverty sef, so kindly move the fucck on!
Op, pls don't listen to anybody online or offline telling u that something is wrong with u becos there is nothing wrong with u.

The things u described about yourself are common amongst nerds and writers like I said earlier in my previous posts.

One of my best friends I.B, was the best graduating student of OAU during his time, a first class student, now a PhD student in Japan, has never tasted alcohol, doesn't like women to talk of womanizing, hate parties and noise.

My cousin that won JAMB award when JAMB was JAMB, scored 322 and was JAMB 3rd best candidate nationwide, graduated second best medical student from his uni, doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, hate crowd/noise, like women but doesn't have a girlfriend cos he said it would distract him.

Another friend, a first class student from UNN, elect elect, now with a top telecom firm, doesn't drink, hate going out, has never had a girlfriend, though he's very religious (born again per se).

And to those seeing ur traits as a sign of poverty, I don't see any relationship bw being a teetotaller, loner, chaste, introvert & poverty or richness. Becos lots of rich guys u know smoke, drink, womanize and party around doesn't mean any guy that does none of the above is poor, even though they are common practice amongst the rich guys anyway.

My most senior brother can be classed amongst mllnrs in Nigeria, an employer of labour, but he hasn't tasted alcohol before, I can vouch for him on that, but I don't know about him womanizing cos we don't hang out together, only a man's close friends, colleagues, & business associates can, but I am certain he hates anything alcohol, and there are thousands of rich dudes like him too.

In fact, I can go on and on just to let u and those saying something is wrong with any guy that doesn't do any of those careless things that such belief is nothing but a fallacy, its a matter upbringing, nature, religious faith/belief, role models and personal choice. It has nothing with being insane, poor, abnormal or unusual, and if at all it is, then lots of guys are definitely abnormalgringrin
Re: What Is Wrong If A Man Doesn't Smoke, Drink Or/and Womanize? by Strongfaze(m): 9:24am On Jun 19, 2013
pendo89:

Where did you get your stats from.There are millions of men who do not engage in the above and you are one of them.
Accept and move on.
. Millions where? Probably they are on the moon. We guys decide to let you know what we want you to know about us in any relationship.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Women Love Doggy Style So Much ? / See This Romantic Photo Of A Girl Holding Her Pant / Be Careful Who You Sleep With!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.