Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) (4070 Views)

Minister Suspends Top Airport Staff Over Turkish Airline Wahala With Passengers / Buhari Sets Out For Security Meeting At Presidential Wing, Abuja Airport- Pics / Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) by Rossikk(m): 12:40am On May 05, 2013
Ollombo International Airport, Congo Brazzaville

1 Like

Re: Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) by Nobody: 1:17am On May 05, 2013
I was expecting to see a South African airport, but I remembered we're not considered black enough because some of us are pink, therefore all our infustructure is built by "foreigners", even though this airport itself was built by the chinese using chinese labourers, lol. Anyways, the airport is beautiful and the people of Congo should be proud of it.

1 Like

Re: Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) by IGBOSON1: 2:11am On May 05, 2013
Is this Kabilas' Congo or the other one with the current political troubles? And how much is the cost; the cost would be an indication as to how our 5 new airports would look since it's the same Chinese that would build ours.

1 Like

Re: Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) by Rossikk(m): 2:19am On May 05, 2013
IGBO-SON:
Is this Kabilas' Congo or the other one with the current political troubles? And how much is the cost; the cost would be an indication as to how our 5 new airports would look since it's the same Chinese that would build ours.

Kabila's Congo is DRC, while this one is the Republic of Congo, commonly known as Congo Brazzaville.

2 Likes

Re: Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) by IGBOSON1: 2:25am On May 05, 2013
We need to do something about our two main gateway airports ASAP!! See small Congo!......showing us up like this. undecided

1 Like

Re: Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) by Rossikk(m): 2:28am On May 05, 2013
IGBO-SON:
We need to do something about our two main gateway airports ASAP!! See small Congo!......showing us up like this. undecided

Abuja especially. They need to just tear it down and rebuild. I think MMA might just be able to get away with remodelling.
Re: Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) by automaticcarzz: 2:29am On May 05, 2013
IGBO-SON:

I thought bros Jo already renovated the airports we have in Nigeria. It's on the list of some of bros Jo's achievements so far.
Re: Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) by Nobody: 4:25am On May 05, 2013
Wow, the Congolese airport looks majestic!

@Rossikk: The FG will build new international terminals at the both MMA and Nnamdi Azikiwe airports, and in 3 other airports (Kano, Enugu and Port Harcourt). Construction will start in June this year, and is expected to be completed by 2015.
Re: Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) by Nobody: 6:52am On May 05, 2013
Whilst Nigeria sleeps the rest of Africa are moving on.

It is a big shame.
Re: Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) by Nobody: 6:54am On May 05, 2013
It is all promises.
How many promises has the FG kept in last 2 years?
CFCfan: Wow, the Congolese airport looks majestic!

@Rossikk: The FG will build new international terminals at the both MMA and Nnamdi Azikiwe airports, and in 3 other airports (Kano, Enugu and Port Harcourt). Construction will start in June this year, and is expected to be completed by 2015.

1 Like

Re: Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) by Nobody: 6:58am On May 05, 2013
GenBuhari: It is all promises.
How many promises has the FG kept in last 2 years?

They've remodelled some domestic airport terminals, revitalised the railways, and have beautified the UNEC campus grin. These are some achievements that I know of.

5 Likes

Re: Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) by Nobody: 7:35am On May 05, 2013
Do you care to put some photos up -as evidence?
CFCfan:

They've remodelled some domestic airport terminals, revitalised the railways, and have beautified the UNEC campus grin. These are some achievements that I know of.
Re: Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) by Nobody: 7:44am On May 05, 2013
GenBuhari: Do you care to put some photos up -as evidence?
Interior of Benin airport:

2 Likes

Re: Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) by Nobody: 7:47am On May 05, 2013
Interior of Kano Airport:

3 Likes

Re: Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) by Nobody: 7:49am On May 05, 2013
Western frontier of new MMA GAT terminal:

1 Like

Re: Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) by Nobody: 7:53am On May 05, 2013
E-Wing expansion of the MMA in progress:

1 Like

Re: Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) by Nobody: 7:56am On May 05, 2013
Lagos-Kano train service: grin

1 Like

Re: Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) by Nobody: 8:05am On May 05, 2013
FAAN Begins Lagos’ Aerotropolis
In a few weeks, the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) will enter another phase of the Aviation Road Map when it starts work on the Aerotropolis project (airport city) at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos.

The General Manager, Corporate communications of FAAN, Yakubu Dati said to achieve the objective, the Authority would soon begin the relocation of the commercial and stakeholder’s car park from the present location to a large expanse of land beside the Church on the way to the international terminal.

This relocation will pave way for the commencement of work on a five star international hotel and a multi-story car park to be constructed at the present site. Passengers would be driven to and from the airport by shuttle buses, as no private or commercial vehicle would be allowed into the construction site.

The new hotel would have a full complement of commercial facilities such as shopping malls, cafes and conference centers that would suit the taste of visiting entrepreneurs who may not want to go into the city to transact their businesses before going back to their different destinations, said Dati.

The new car park to be built will have six levels and the topmost floor will have a big commercial centre for visitors to the airport, who may not want to travel

The relocation exercise, according to Dati, has been worked out to ensure a seamless flow and would begin with the grading and partitioning of the land to be used into two different portions; one for care hire service and the other for limousine services.
To ease passenger movement to and from the terminal during constructing work, shuttle buses will be provided by FAAN to ease passenger discomfort.

Airport’s Extension
Meanwhile, extension work on the “D” and “E” fingers of the MMIA will soon be completed within the next one month. With this extension, the departure hall of each finger has been extended by 2,937.68 square metres, while the arrival halls of the new E finger have been extended by 2,937.68 square metres. The D arrival halls area has also gained 2,245.82 square metres.

The expanded “E” arrival halls has been fitted with two high powered, 30m long and variable speed conveyor belts, while the third one is yet to be installed. The “D” finger will also boast of three high powered conveyor belts. Each of the conveyor belts can handle arrival luggage of two Boeing 747, at the same time.
This extension will make room for faster passenger processing and for better service delivery

Culled from Thisday papers of April 7, 2013

1 Like

Re: Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) by Nobody: 8:07am On May 05, 2013
The Aerotropolis is Nigeria’s strategic approach to enhancing municipal and provincial prosperity through improved multi-modal access and aviation-linked commercial development, making the airport, the city, and the province better connected, more economically efficient, attractive, and sustainable.

Aerotropolis Nigeria is an extended Airport City developed at and immediately around the airport which serve as the multimodal, multi-functional commercial nexus anchoring aviation-enabled trade in goods and services, and driving it throughout the aerotropolis and greater province.

The aerotropolis is a huge city development with a new passenger terminal, new cargo terminal; multi level car park; commercial core; theme park; hotel resort; golf course; new runways; medical and wellness center; train station; hotel cluster; ICT hub; commercial core 2; exhibition center/conference; existing terminal; hotel and office cluster; existing residential estate; airline and airport offices; agro/ perishable cargo market cargo village (dry cargo) hangers; maintenance cluster; courier cluster and ware house cluster.

Other facilities are fuel tank and power house; light industry cluster; free trade zone; market/china town; trucks park; aviation square; medium density residential area; low density residential area; high density residential area; export processing zone & industry; railway line; dual carriage road; single carriage road; stream; and vegetation.
Re: Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) by doctokwus: 10:24am On May 05, 2013
Even though some of us feel d pain of incompetence,examplified in infrastructural decay in many of our govt owned/run structures,d op hasn't shown us anything u wudnt see in d average nigerian airport wen virtually empty& non-operational.Strip d major nigerian airports of their crowd in an idle day,just newly swept& u will get sth similar,if not cleaner dan this.Op,its not d newness of a structure dat qualifies it to b d best,its its functionality wen put to d test
Re: Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) by ckkris: 10:39am On May 05, 2013
zetdee: I was expecting to see a South African airport, but I remembered we're not considered black enough because some of us are pink, therefore all our infustructure is built by "foreigners", even though this airport itself was built by the chinese using chinese labourers, lol. Anyways, the airport is beautiful and the people of Congo should be proud of it.
Its very impossible to force Nigerians to become honorary whites. Nigerians resist any intimidation from North African Arabs and South African whites. Nigerian African swagger is real, whether there is development or no money, Africa is papa's land. Everyone should adjust to the Africanness of Africa. And Africa has made other continents rich, no one must forget that.
Re: Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) by billante(m): 10:48am On May 05, 2013
@CFCFan you did a nice follow up there with pics to backup, and the foolish genbuhari will quietly disappear from d thread and go to the one GEJ is receiving bashing....thats what sweets their belle!

2 Likes

Re: Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) by ckkris: 11:04am On May 05, 2013
GenBuhari: Whilst Nigeria sleeps the rest of Africa are moving on.

It is a big shame.
Just command your almajiri to throw more bombs, in your desert region, as the rest of Nigeria are writing WAEC exams, and really moving on.

1 Like

Re: Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 05, 2013
@ckkris
It is obvious that tribal bigotry would not allow you to reason clearly. Keep celebrating mediocrity and Nigeria will continue to go backwards.

A bunch of African countries are now starting to produce oil whilst many countries that import our oil are finding alternative fuel sources.

This means that in next few years we would cannot even rely on the earning potential of oil to develop.

Very sad indeed.
ckkris:
Just command your almajiri to throw more bombs, in your desert region, as the rest of Nigeria are writing WAEC exams, and really moving on.
Re: Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) by ckkris: 2:11pm On May 05, 2013
GenBuhari: @ckkris
It is obvious that tribal bigotry would not allow you to reason clearly. Keep celebrating mediocrity and Nigeria will continue to go backwards.

A bunch of African countries are now starting to produce oil whilst many countries that import our oil are finding alternative fuel sources.

This means that in next few years we would cannot even rely on the earning potential of oil develop.

Very sad indeed.

Thank God. Let this happen fast.
Re: Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 05, 2013
In a way I also wish oil prices would crash tomorrow, so we would be forced to deal with corruption whilst oil still has earning power
ckkris:
Thank God. Let this happen fast.
Re: Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) by Inik(m): 3:18pm On May 05, 2013
This is Impressive, so Congo is not all about rebel warlords fighting ragtag government soldiers cheesy

1 Like

Re: Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) by vanstanzy(m): 4:28pm On May 05, 2013
zetdee: I was expecting to see a South African airport, but I remembered we're not considered black enough because some of us are pink, therefore all our infustructure is built by "foreigners", even though this airport itself was built by the chinese using chinese labourers, lol. Anyways, the airport is beautiful and the people of Congo should be proud of it.

Which galaxy are u people from? grin grin grin grin grin I have heard of lil' green men but PINK? u got me reeling in LAUGHTER. grin grin grin grin

Re: Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 05, 2013
@CFCfan,
Ok, I give credit where it due, FG has completed a few cosmetic changes in one or two airports.

@billante
If you review my past posts you would find that I rarely criticise GEJ, as I appreciate that Nigeria was ruined by Obasanjo before GEJ took office.
I also credited GEJ for Nigeria's success in AFCON 2013.

However the corruption which he met is still rampant and he is doing precious little to deal with it.

In any case Nigeria has more pressing infrastrucural requirements than some relatively minimal cosmetic facelifts of some airports
billante: @CFCFan you did a nice follow up there with pics to backup, and the foolish genbuhari will quietly disappear from d thread and go to the one GEJ is receiving bashing....thats what sweets their belle!
Re: Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) by billante(m): 8:17pm On May 05, 2013
GenBuhari: @CFCfan,
Ok, I give credit where it due, FG has completed a few cosmetic changes in one or two airports.

@billante
If you review my past posts you would find that I rarely criticise GEJ, as I appreciate that Nigeria was ruined by Obasanjo before GEJ took office.
I also credited GEJ for Nigeria's success in AFCON 2013.

However the corruption which he met is still rampant and he is doing precious little to deal with it.

In any case Nigeria has more pressing infrastrucural requirements than some relatively minimal cosmetic facelifts of some airports

I agree with you! Corruption is still very rampant in this present govt just as it has always been.....It will take someone dat got elected on a new party thats is not PDP or ACN or even APGA, with no Godfather whatsoever to be able to extensively fight corruption in nigeria! this is d only area i will say GEJ is not doing well or have intention of tackling with a political will.....every other area he is putting up effort even though some haven't started yielding visible proof.
Re: Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) by specialguest(f): 8:57pm On May 05, 2013
One word- Beautiful.

From the outside it looks like a smaller version of dubai's terminal 3 airport. Id love to see atleast 3 airports like this in Nigeria very soon..
Re: Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) by billante(m): 9:14pm On May 05, 2013
specialguest: One word- Beautiful.

From the outside it looks like a smaller version of dubai's terminal 3 airport. Id love to see atleast 3 airports like this in Nigeria very soon..

You will get about five of them! the same Chinese that constructed this have been signed to do same in five airports in nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lapo Loan Micro Finance Bank In Conjunction With Central Bank Of Nigeria. (cbn) / I Have Forgiven Nairalanders For The Insults - Cramjones / North Can’t Own Oil In Niger Delta –Ankio Briggs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.