Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) (3528 Views)

Saraki, Wike Meet In Porthacourt. / Buhari Sets Out For Security Meeting At Presidential Wing, Abuja Airport- Pics / Black Africa's Top Airport (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by iterator25: 6:32pm On Dec 01, 2013

1 Like

Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by MANGAM(m): 6:33pm On Dec 01, 2013
Wow
Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by iterator25: 6:41pm On Dec 01, 2013
Remodeling still in progress

1 Like

Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by IGBOSON1: 6:44pm On Dec 01, 2013
MANGAM: Wow

^^^Impressive innit?
Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by Brimmie(m): 6:58pm On Dec 01, 2013
grin grin
Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by OmoTier1(m): 7:05pm On Dec 01, 2013
A shame if a nation!
Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 01, 2013
Omo_Tier1: A shame if a nation!

What is shameful about it?
Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by kel4soft: 7:11pm On Dec 01, 2013
They still use canopy at that so called remodelling. In between, they are yet to open it. I hope they do soon.
Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 01, 2013
iterator25:

Very impressive, with modern fixtures and clear expansion of the facility.
Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by awodman: 7:37pm On Dec 01, 2013
Progress on Ph airport terminal as captured by the contractor Inter-Bau

Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by OmoTier1(m): 7:57pm On Dec 01, 2013
nnenna.1:

What is shameful about it?
Sometimes, we need to look out ourselves in the mirror and be honest to say we are deceiving ourselves! I travel far and wide each year, I go through big and large airports, regionals in Europe, North America, Southern Africa, Middle East and every time, ip feel so sorry for Nigeria.

If this is the best we as a nation in 2013 can come up with in renovating an already built airport, imagine what will be the result of the new international terminal?

I know some of you are going to go on with the blah blah of we never had it so good.... But what most of you forget is prices of projects are ever increasing, therefore, our failure to build these airports now to last another 25years means in 10years time it would cost us twice of what it cost today.

2 Likes

Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by K0ala7(m): 8:37pm On Dec 01, 2013
The first pic is just a design. The second though is better looking than what we're used to.

As someone rightly pointed out, the airport has not yet been opened for use. The real test of the airport will be seeing how it is run and maintained in order to keep the place i shape, because we lack a maintenance culture in Nigeria.

Also, even if this is better than what we're used to using, we can still do better. The nice airports we see all around the world are all due to the respective nations competing to give their citizens and visitors the best travelling experience and I don't think Nigeria should be an exception. If they keep telling us that Nigeria is going to be a top 20 economy by a certain year, we need to see our amenities compete with other top 20 economies by then, because transport is a key part of any economy.

But overall, it is nice to see improvements in Nigeria. Looking forward to better.
Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by doncaster(m): 8:47pm On Dec 01, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Sometimes, we need to look out ourselves in the mirror and be honest to say we are deceiving ourselves! I travel far and wide each year, I go through big and large airports, regionals in Europe, North America, Southern Africa, Middle East and every time, ip feel so sorry for Nigeria.

If this is the best we as a nation in 2013 can come up with in renovating an already built airport, imagine what will be the result of the new international terminal?

I know some of you are going to go on with the blah blah of we never had it so good.... But what most of you forget is prices of projects are ever increasing, therefore, our failure to build these airports now to last another 25years means in 10years time it would cost us twice of what it cost today.
Ok I understand your frustration but all those country you mentioned and the airport you passed through was not done within 3 yrs. if the previous govt had done one third of what this govt is doing on our airports we could have seen a better a airport. Now that GEJ has started the improvement their is nothing else we can do other than to support him and pray that when he is out of office the person taking over will continue by so doing all our infrastructure will keep on getting better.

7 Likes

Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by OmoTier1(m): 9:20pm On Dec 01, 2013
doncaster: Ok I understand your frustration but all those country you mentioned and the airport you passed through was not done within 3 yrs. if the previous govt had done one third of what this govt is doing on our airports we could have seen a better a airport. Now that GEJ has started the improvement their is nothing else we can do other than to support him and pray that when he is out of office the person taking over will continue by so doing all our infrastructure will keep on getting better.

How predictable! Just like I said, the usual blah blah about how this did not do that and therefore the mediocrity and gross incompetence by those there now is justified.

If you call this improvement when the world is thinking of building an airport city in the ocean, coupled with the fact that Nigeria as a nation has the money to do better, then all I can say is....oh yea generation in whom light will forever be evading!

Have ever asked yourself, how come GEJ when it comes to Presidential aircraft, Always go after the best available? Why does he not refurbish the old ones with sub standard materials and crass as He is doing with the airports around the country? That should tell how much value. They place on you who would use this. Airport the most. Just go to London standsted airport which is a Third tier airport in a London or even New castle international airport, perhaps you would weep for Nigeria!

Ever heard of this saying? Whatever is worth doing, is worth doing well!

2 Likes

Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by Abagworo(m): 9:33pm On Dec 01, 2013
OP is a brutal liar of the highest order. I was in Port Harcourt Airport and its so incomplete and the car park is completely dilapidated. The arrival and airline offices is under a batcher or slum-like settlement erected near the old Presidential wing.

1 Like

Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by doncaster(m): 9:38pm On Dec 01, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

How predictable! Just like I said, the usual blah blah about how this did not do that and therefore the mediocrity and gross incompetence by those there now is justified.

If you call this improvement when the world is thinking of building an airport city in the ocean, coupled with the fact that Nigeria as a nation has the money to do better, then all I can say is....oh yea generation in whom light will forever be evading!

Have ever asked yourself, how come GEJ when it comes to Presidential aircraft, Always go after the best available? Why does he not refurbish the old ones with sub standard materials and crass as He is doing with the airports around the country? That should tell how much value. They place on you who would use this. Airport the most. Just go to London standsted airport which is a Third tier airport in a London or even New castle international airport, perhaps you would weep for Nigeria!

Ever heard of this saying? Whatever is worth doing, is worth doing well!
London standsted was not built the way it is now. Even Heathrow wasn't. So I don't know what you are on about. Every now and then they keep on improving Heathrow and other infrastructure here so quit arguing blindly. Jonathan can not turn Nigeria to a first world country under three yrs. he will do his part which he is doing when he goes another person will continue from where he stopped. Heathrow was world class in 1979 why did shagari turn MMIA world class then, why didn't ObJ, IBB, Buhari, And Obj. Stop hating and contribute ur own quota.

9 Likes

Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 01, 2013
Abagworo: OP is a brutal liar of the highest order. I was in Port Harcourt Airport and its so incomplete and the car park is completely dilapidated. The arrival and airline offices is under a batcher or slum-like settlement erected near the old Presidential wing.

You are the dishonest one here. Op is even slightly below point.

1 Like

Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by doncaster(m): 9:43pm On Dec 01, 2013
Okoro2015:

You are the dishonest one here. Op is even slightly below point.
busted hahahaha
Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 01, 2013
Work has seriously progressed. The make shift structure will soon be decommissioned just like it happened in Lagos. Are some people in convenant with dishonesty and distortion of facts?

5 Likes

Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by atlwireles: 9:45pm On Dec 01, 2013
Abagworo: OP is a brutal liar of the highest order. I was in Port Harcourt Airport and its so incomplete and the car park is completely dilapidated. The arrival and airline offices is under a batcher or slum-like settlement erected near the old Presidential wing.

Nah wa for you sha. Lie dey follow you everywhere.
Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by Abagworo(m): 9:50pm On Dec 01, 2013
Okoro's picture is more of reality. The building has been like that since last year and the entire car park is muddy and disorganized. The arrival is a batcher or slum at the old Presidential wing. I'm too big and honest to involve in you low live's lies and deceit.

3 Likes

Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by awodman: 10:58pm On Dec 01, 2013
The interiors....

1 Like

Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by IGBOSON1: 11:20pm On Dec 01, 2013
I wish Inter-Bau built Enugu AIIA as well! sad The finishing on this job is of international standard.

2 Likes

Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by awodman: 11:25pm On Dec 01, 2013
IGBO-SON:
I wish Inter-Bau built Enugus' AIIA as well! sad The finishing on this job is of international standard.
Don't worry CCECC will do a good job on the international terminal...
Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by hardywaltz(m): 11:36pm On Dec 01, 2013
@ OP I have used this airport @ 5times in the last 9 days, as a matter of fact I just left there 20mins ago b4 posting this post. If you are sincere with your self kindly snap the left side of the building (left elavation).
That building won't be completed in the next 2years and u know that.
When I noticed the temporary fence has been removed to show the right wing (departure) I knew there was more to it.
So its just for propaganda purposes? Don't u guys get tired?

2 Likes

Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by awodman: 11:44pm On Dec 01, 2013
hardywaltz: @ OP I have used this airport @ 5times in the last 9 days, as a matter of fact I just left there 20mins ago b4 posting this post. If you are sincere with your self kindly snap the left side of the building (left elavation).
When I noticed the temporary fence has been removed to show the right wing (departure) I knew there was more to it.
Pls also tell us the interior pictures are fake..

Pls these pictures are as put up the Contractor Inter-Bau Nigeria Ltd..you can accuse them of posting fake pics if that will make you happy

inter-bau.com.ng/index.php/2013-03-10-15-17-58/2013-03-10-15-22-16/portharcourt

1 Like

Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by IGBOSON1: 11:48pm On Dec 01, 2013
hardywaltz: @ OP I have used this airport @ 5times in the last 9 days, as a matter of fact I just left there 20mins ago b4 posting this post. If you are sincere with your self kindly snap the left side of the building (left elavation).

^^^Since you felt strongly about it, you should have snapped the portion you say won't be ready even by 2015. The title of the thread didn't say 'finished Port Harcourt Int'l Airport'; like me, he's obviously pleased with what has been done so far.....though i'd have to concede they should hurry the fuc/k up!

2 Likes

Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by hardywaltz(m): 11:53pm On Dec 01, 2013
awodman:
Pls also tell us the interior pictures are fake..

Pls these pictures are as put up the Contractor Inter-Bau Nigeria Ltd..you can accuse them of posting fake pics if that will make you happy

inter-bau.com.ng/index.php/2013-03-10-15-17-58/2013-03-10-15-22-16/portharcourt

My child read carefully what i wrote, i neva said they are fake but that the pictures does not depict the true state of the project, let them snap the full front elevation rather than cutting off the left side or better still they can snap the left side elevation just like they did on the right side elevation.
This project is not in any way near completion, i will purposely go there on Tuesday to snap a full picture so you don't get it twisted.

1 Like

Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 01, 2013
awodman: The interiors....

It looks fantastic.
Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by awodman: 11:59pm On Dec 01, 2013
hardywaltz:

My child read carefully what i wrote, i neva said they are fake but that the pictures does not depict the true state of the project, let them snap the full front elevation rather than cutting off the left side or better still they can snap the left side elevation just like they did on the right side elevation.
This project is not in any way near completion, i will purposely go there on Tuesday to snap a full picture so you don't get it twisted.
That is what you ought to do rather than chirping like a cricket here...

By the way who is your child
Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by Nobody: 1:49am On Dec 02, 2013
Nice job by GEJ and Partners, flying into PH will now be an interesting trip.
What only GEJ could do... Unlike others

2 Likes

Re: Porthacourt Int, L Airport (pics) by PapaBrowne(m): 2:31am On Dec 02, 2013
And you see the renovations going on in all the airports and you suddenly wonder what all the previous aviation ministers did with funds. Imagine all these had been happening since 1999, we wouldn't be complaining about the poor standards of our airports anymore!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos : Members Of Yoruba Council Of Elders Visit Jonathan At State House Today / 10 Downing Street, Presidents And Red Carpets : PHOTOS / Clark Resigns, Saying She Cannot Issue License To Gay Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.