Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,746 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? (22977 Views)

I Need Deeper Life Bible -gospel Hymns CD / Deeper Christian Life Ministry Then, And Deeper Life Bible Church Now. / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by ldollier(f): 1:41pm On May 16, 2006
Afeni:

These deeper life Churches are the ultimate corruption of the minds of our once decent people. They corrupt the youth and introduce new divinities. They use false tales about witches and wizards to cover their theft of the morals of society. If they are allowed to succeed, we will return to find that we know longer have a state. cry

The government should ban them.

haba ahh chineke oooo, afeni dem vex u. i mean what did deeper life do to you. be careful what you say oo,

but ehh wait oo, when i went back to naija, i was hearing that a lot of churches are getting corrupt, i even heard that now in deeper life, grace of God etc. the saints now wear pants/trouser to church, they don't cover their hair anymore, they dance disco in church. infact I HEARD THAT THEIR STANDARD HAS FALLEN. oh maybe its a lie

hmm, maybe i hear too much. watever joo
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by larape(f): 1:48pm On May 16, 2006
I Think your relationship with God is a personal thing to you. Why criticize others. The important thing is giving your lives to Christ and then how you serve Him is between you and Him. Afterall the Bible says as many as are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. So, before you criticize other people ask yourself "Am I born again?"
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by MrBean(m): 1:49pm On May 16, 2006
hmmmh    
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by Rhea(f): 1:56pm On May 16, 2006
Tolerance! Tolerance!! Tolerance!!!

This is one of the key virtues that Christ preached and practised.
It is also one of the most deficient virtue in the lives of "christians" today.
Remove the plank from your eyes in order to see the speck in the eyes of your neighbour.

Live and let live!

Even our idol worhipping Christ-ignorant ancestors preached that.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by DaHitler(m): 2:03pm On May 16, 2006
Deeper life as in life that is completely consumed with corruption and madness?

If that is what you mean, then yes, it truly is deeper life.

Your precious Church is filled with thieves, liars, defeatist filth (the worst in opinion), wife beaters, child molesters e.t.c. Congrats on being the chosen people of God/Allah/{insert religious lies that is meant to depict an all powerful being that may or may not exist}.

If your kind of life is defined as deeper life, I would greatfully exist in my current state of shallow life, or better yet, no life at all. angry
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by naijacutee(f): 2:47pm On May 16, 2006
Back to the original question,

I would say people run away from the church or anything that has to do with it because most people do not like to be perceived as 'different' from the rest of society. Everyone wants to fit in.
I used to attend the church when I was younger, I
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by anon101(f): 2:48pm On May 16, 2006
I just want to say one thing on this site in the process of trying to condemn someone else's religion be careful and dont sin against God. What ever

opinion you have about other peoples religion should be kept to yourself. Different people pray in different ways if binding and killing is the way

MFM or whichever church prays then let them be. You pray however you want not trying to make a mockery of how people pray in their church and i

dont think it is funny. Whatever insult anyone wants to throw at me, feel free but i will tell you , you can sin against man but not God. In the

process of trying to mock how people pray you may sin against the Holy spirit and that does not have forgiveness so please be careful. I am not a

MFM member but i dont believe in mocking how they pray on nairaland, its not right.

And if you are a deeper life or MFM or whichever church according to sunny Ade , LET THEM SAY
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by Ib(f): 2:52pm On May 16, 2006
@blacknbold, i wasnt mocking mfm's way of prayer, i was just sharing some of the prayer points i know. i actually pray some of the prayer points sometimes and it works for me, The funny ones were just a joke

U guys need to lighten up . Even God likes a good laugh sometimes.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by naijacutee(f): 2:56pm On May 16, 2006

I would say people run away from the church or anything that has to do with it because most people do not like to be perceived as 'different' from the rest of society. Everyone wants to fit in.
I used to attend the church when I was younger, only because I had to, and the teaching in church was VERY SOUND. One of the soundest I've ever heard in fact. I guess the trends of clothing there was due to everyone wanting to look like everyone else in the church community so they could, again 'fit in'
I'd never heard it being preached that women should wear turbans or whatever -- Personally I think turbans are a piece of mens clothing (Arabic men)

As for MFM. The church is again VERY SOUND. In a continent like Africa where people do fetish things against people, how else could one break the powers of those fetishes except by praying for them to "FALL DOWN AND DIE"?
In my opinion, those prayers are not targeted against people/humans. (God loves us all) but are targeted against principalities, powers and spiritual wickedness in high places. Which could be represented in agents of any kind (As IB rightly pointed out - evil wall geckos, evil birds, evil monitors e.t.c)
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by aloib(f): 3:04pm On May 16, 2006
as mamaput said she cant belong to a fait that controld their people, to me that so called deeper life is a fraternity or someth, imagine its the pastor who would choose ur spouse for u, dont tell me cos i've witnessed it wid my own eyes, one of my mums worker was in the situation, imagine she had to wait for the pastor to say who her hubby would be, damn, is that a church or wat, ure not allowed to watch tv, ur kids are not allowed to mix wid other kids, remember even Jesus ate wid sinners, they spend xmas and easter at their so camp ground, they dont mix wid other [peoples kids, and wen u talk bout envy, thats the number one church, imagine in my mus skul, they get jealous among themselves wen a persons kids ( a deper life member too )does well better than theirs, thats really bad o,
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by Ib(f): 3:08pm On May 16, 2006
Its true sha, that choosing husband business is very phoney
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by DaHitler(m): 3:11pm On May 16, 2006
Ib, don't stop there. The whole Church is phoney. All of it. Including the Gods and their pathetic book.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by ldollier(f): 3:49pm On May 16, 2006
naijacutee:

I used to attend the church when I was younger, only because I had to, and the teaching in church was VERY SOUND. One of the soundest I've ever heard in fact. I guess the trends of clothing there was due to everyone wanting to look like everyone else in the church community so they could, again 'fit in'
I'd never heard it being preached that women should wear turbans or whatever -- Personally I think turbans are a piece of mens clothing (Arabic men)

As for MFM. The church is again VERY SOUND. In a continent like Africa where people do fetish things against people, how else could one break the powers of those fetishes except by praying for them to "FALL DOWN AND DIE"?
In my opinion, those prayers are not targeted against people/humans. (God loves us all) but are targeted against principalities, powers and spiritual wickedness in high places. Which could be represented in agents of any kind (As IB rightly pointed out - evil wall geckos, evil birds, evil monitors e.t.c)

geez girl lighten up, aint nobody mocking YOUR PRECIOUS MFM. ALL I AM SAYING is that the way they pray is weird. instead of you praying so that God will bless your enemies, or that God will reconcile you with ur enemies. YOU NOW BEGIN TO PRAY FOR THE DEATH OF UR ENEMIES. i dont think God answers that kind of prayers. FOR MY GOD IS AN EVER LOVING AND PEACEFUL GOD.

one more prayer

anyone who will get offended let them catch fire and DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. grin
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by MrBean(m): 3:59pm On May 16, 2006
What happened to turning the other cheek?

What happened to vengeance is mine says the lord?

What happened to pray for your enemies and those who hate and despitfully use you?

This is African Majic blended with Christianity

No matter what religio you start you will get followers. Even if it is called the church of MURDER.

Hmmmmh, I wonder what jesus will do if he was to be in MFM. He was sujected to the worst humans could give. Yet he dealt with them in love and compassion.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by anon101(f): 4:38pm On May 16, 2006
when they say enemies die they dont mean physical death they mean the princilities and powers in them sold be neutralised so they have no power over you
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by Greatpeter(m): 4:40pm On May 16, 2006
There is nothing wrong with deeper Life Bible church.
They are the only Church that never shifted their grounds.
They remain as ever, they say no to worldliness and its pollution.
The youths are running from the Church because of their firmness and rigidity to uphold what they belief.
Deep life Bible Church is sound in doctrine I tell you.
Holiness is their watchword.
Deeper life is a good church sound in doctrine and vast in Bible.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by ldollier(f): 4:48pm On May 16, 2006
blacknbold:

when they say enemies die they don't mean physical death they mean the princilities and powers in them sold be neutralised so they have no power over you

but why make that kind of prayer?

shouldn't you be praying so that God can reconcile you with your enemies.
shouldn't you be praying so that Your enemies can suceed
shouldn't you pray so that your enemies live in peace

just like mrlawg said: What happened to turning the other cheek?

What happened to vengeance is mine says the lord?

What happened to pray for your enemies and those who hate and despitfully use you?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by hotangel2(f): 7:41pm On May 16, 2006
Hmmm, so many inputs so many views.

There's just something about deeper life churches. First they say that "television" is the devil's workshop.
Then they say that u must tie ur hair everyday.
Then the pastor must choose ur own husband for you.

Infact that na tory, i don't think i can go to a church where my life will be monitored. And get totaly brainwashed by the elders of the church.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by omoge(f): 8:04pm On May 16, 2006
ldollier (f)   Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us?
« #20 on: Today at 01:15:37 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Ib on Today at 01:13:53 PM
@idollier, MFM stands for Mountain of Fire and miracles.

One more prayer point for u:-
Every "follow follow power, your time is up! Fall down, catch fire and DIE.!!!!!!!!!!

yea buhahaha thanks a lot ooooo ,  abeg let me do my last prayer

"any enemy that  i will encounter today, let them fall down AND DIE, I SAY DIE, DIE DIE DIE. match am match am match am DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

LOL, i can't help laughing, reminds me of the book by Wole Soyinka "The trials of brother Jero" oh niaja churches self, i laughed

one more prayer:

all you evil eyes watching and monitoring my grade here in US over there in nigeria let them fall down and DIE, I SAY DIE, DIE, DIE, QUENCH, QUENCH, DIE AND RISE NO MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE  grin grin
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by SirKay3(m): 8:16pm On May 16, 2006
@ All,

Am not so happy reading the responses so far to this thread, I'ld advise we close this thread once and for all please. Churches will never take us to heaven, but the bible, thus saith the Lord

Am a member of DLBC and would never in God's name blapheme the names of other churches. It's saddening reading through the words posted so far.

Are we defending God or what? Enough of these please.

May God help us.

@ fresheva,

Thanks for bringing up the topic, God bless

@ Kimba,

Thanks for the usual truth u've always expantiated. God will always fill u the more

@ All

May God help us all through to know His will (remember that you all have your bibles) and lead us in it till the end
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by ldollier(f): 8:39pm On May 16, 2006
omoge:

ldollier (f) Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us?
« #20 on: Today at 01:15:37 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Ib on Today at 01:13:53 PM
@idollier, MFM stands for Mountain of Fire and miracles.

One more prayer point for u:-
Every "follow follow power, your time is up! Fall down, catch fire and DIE.!!!!!!!!!!

yea buhahaha thanks a lot ooooo , abeg let me do my last prayer

"any enemy that i will encounter today, let them fall down AND DIE, I SAY DIE, DIE DIE DIE. match am match am match am DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

LOL, i can't help laughing, reminds me of the book by Wole Soyinka "The trials of brother Jero" oh niaja churches self, i laughed

one more prayer:

all you evil eyes watching and monitoring my grade here in US over there in nigeria let them fall down and DIE, I SAY DIE, DIE, DIE, QUENCH, QUENCH, DIE AND RISE NO MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE grin grin

hahaha now thats funny

one more prayer point

anything that is preventing or hindering my sucess let them DIEEEEEEEE, I SAY DIEEEEEEEE, CATCH FIRE, CATCH FIRE, CATCH FIRE. DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by naijacutee(f): 8:58pm On May 16, 2006
OK I'll just repeat for the clarity of people the find it difficult to read right the first time. MFM doesn't pray for human beings to 'fall down and die' contrary to popular belief.The enemies they attack are fetishes that are working against peoples' progress.

Fetishes in other words --> "The juju wey dem do for people's villages wey talk say them no go gree make them prosper in life, "That's what should fall down and die. Now anyone thats not involved in any such thing should feel guilty or slighted by this
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by Maji(m): 10:37pm On May 16, 2006
I think the major fact about this topic is that, a culprit fears to stand before a majestrate and so people are hypocrites and prefer to just have religion and not reality
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by dominobaby(f): 11:48pm On May 16, 2006
U all might think its a joke, but don't GRIEVE THE HOLY SPIRIT. Just ask urself, if u are a true christian, if God would be happy with all these. Nuff said by blacknbold, kimba and Sir Kay.F E A R G O D!!!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by ldollier(f): 12:57am On May 17, 2006
naijacutee:

OK I'll just repeat for the clarity of people the find it difficult to read right the first time. MFM doesn't pray for human beings to 'fall down and die' contrary to popular belief.The enemies they attack are fetishes that are working against peoples' progress.

Fetishes in other words --> "The juju wey them do for people's villages wey talk say them no go gree make them prosper in life, "That's what should fall down and die. Now anyone thats not involved in any such thing should feel guilty or slighted by this

its like you dont understand me, okay LET ME REPEAT MYSELF. i said when i went back to naija, my lover and i enter the mfm church. and we heard a prayer that goes like "FATHER KILLS THIS MAN (HE MENTIONED THE MAN'S NAME) HE IS MY ENEMY, FATHER KILL HIM, KILL HIM, LET HIM CATCH FIRE, FIRE, DIE DIE"

ok now, judgding from that prayer how did fetishes get in it. i understand if you pray for the evil spirt that is after your life, but wishing evil on someone that you hate all in the name of prayers. OH PLEASE!!!!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by naijacutee(f): 6:56am On May 17, 2006
Ahhh that is serious o, I haven't heard that sort of prayer before in the church and If anyone asked me to pray that kind of prayer against someone, common sense alone would send me out of the place. The ironic thing is that the General Pastor would never pray such a prayer. (I've been to the Prayer City a number of times). That sort of thing happens when people don't cultivate a Father-to-Son relationship with God and instead, start going by words of a man's mouth,

When people start to listen to 'men' obviously something 'extra' is prone to enter along the line. Try this experiment. Get a long line of people and whisper a message to the first person. Ask them to pass it down and you'll see that the message you hear at the other end isn't the same as what you originally said. That's the problem with most of the churches , People aren't listening from God, but are listening to Elders, Bishops, Leaders, e.tc, So I wouldn't put down any church or mock it, cos the problems there are problems we humans create. God's plan for every church is perfect and it would stay that way if we walk in unity and not with a my-church-is-better-than-yours attitude
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by ontop(m): 9:20am On May 17, 2006
Quote from: Idollier
geez girl lighten up, aint nobody mocking YOUR PRECIOUS MFM. ALL I AM SAYING is that the way they pray is weird. instead of you praying so that God will bless your enemies, or that God will reconcile you with your enemies. YOU NOW BEGIN TO PRAY FOR THE DEATH OF UR ENEMIES. i don't think God answers that kind of prayers. FOR MY GOD IS AN EVER LOVING AND PEACEFUL GOD.

one more prayer

anyone who will get offended let them catch fire and DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
[/color].

You seems not to understand that there are spiritual forces that hinders ones progress in life. The bible says in the book of Corinthians we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principality, powers and spiritual wickedness in high places.
The same bible says Men ought to pray and not to faint. Encouraging us to pray without season in the book of Thessalonian.
This will shock you. Jesus said: Since from the days of John the Baptist the kingdom of God suffereth violent and only the violent can take it by force.
Bible encourages violent prayers if it is scriptural.
The witch and wizard responsible for your barriness, sickness, poverty and may be accident and refuses to let you enjoy the good things of life, will you wish for such a witch or wizard to live long while you contnue to suffer for life? Neverrrrrr,
I will spear no witch or wizard even if he or she is my parent.
The devil cometh not but to steal, kill and destroy. Such a person does not deserve to live but die. I will pray for the person obituary.
There are all kind of prayers, we must be able to understand which of them will suit our problem at any given time.
The devil lives in human beings and uses them to carry out his evil plans. If you avail yourself to him causing destructions and not willing to repent and amend your ways then you do not deserve to live my friend.
I personally worship with Winners Chapel and I love MFM and DLBC. They are all unique in their own ways.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by lioness(f): 9:37am On May 17, 2006
sad
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by lioness(f): 9:37am On May 17, 2006
Holy ghost fire! fire!! fire!!!! fiye ye ye
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by mlksbaby(f): 11:43am On May 17, 2006
Hi everyone, let me share a few things that perhaps might be helpful.

Dealing With Adversaries

There are two ways of understanding the words "enemy" and "adversary" - (a) people in everyday social correspondence, and (b) invisible diabolic spiritual forces.

Seek The Peace of Your Fellow Being

People can do things to you that will breed ill-feelings and rancour between you and them (or it may be that you are actually the offender). In this case we are to seek peace among ourselves, and this should not come by praying for their harm in anyway. When we check our own lives, God will ensure that those who actually were at enmity with us begin to seek peace and reconciliation: Prov. 16:7 - "When a man's ways please the LORD, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him." Jesus also said: "Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison." (Matt. 5:25). In this case, I believe that sometimes believers should check themselves: who knows whether or not we often offend God and other people?

How many times do we pay attention to Jesus' admonition: "Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you." (Matt. 5:43-44). Before you curse and/or call fire down on anybody, first remember the golden rule: do unto others as you would have them do unto you. So, if you're calling fire down on others, perhaps God will also hear their own prayers when they call down fire against you and call for your own death! God is no respecter of persons.

Caution: whenever you're tempted to call down fire and brimstone on people, remember how Jesus rebuked His own disciples: "And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of." (Luke 9:54-55). You wouldn't want the Lord to rebuke you someday: He's not partial.

Don't let any MOG mislead you about this prayer issue. Know where to draw the lines - pray as Jesus asked you to pray, and don't rush off calling fire down on your parents and family or neighbours. Remember that at one time we were enemies to God; but Jesus did not come calling down fire on anyone - for He came to seek and to save us; that's why the Bible says, "For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life." (Rom. 5:10). We should be thankful that God didn't smoke us all out, but showed mercy and grace - let's do the same when dealing with people. When the Lord comes, He shall deal with those who consider themselves His enemies (Luke 19:27).

Wrestle Against Diabolic Powers and Win!

Have you noticed that Jesus gave us power against the devil and his cohorts rather than against our neighbours and families? Read carefully: "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you." (Luke 10:19). Who is the enemy in this verse? None other than Satan himself, and the serpents and scorpions are his cohorts. Satan, the devil, is "that old serpent" (Rev. 12:9), and the demons and fallen angels are under his control. That is why the Bible says in Ephesians 6:12 - ""For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." This same devil is called the prince of the power of the air (Eph. 2:2) who is at work in the sons of disobedience.

Now, when we encounter these chaps, what do we do? Take a cue from Paul: he didn't call down fire or death on anyone, but simply pronounced blindness on one such (Elymas, also called Barjesus) whom he termed "child of the devil" (Acts 13:8-13). There are offenders in the Church and against the church, and some of them claim to be "Christians." The real enemy is not flesh and blood, but unseen diabolic spirits; and you will not find a true Christian calling death or fire on anyone because they want to "enjoy the good things of life."

God has given us powerful resources to deal with enemy forces against our lives; but notice what they are: "For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds" (II Cor. 10:4). I think this issue of calling down fire and death on people we sometimes regard as perceived enemies is uncalled for - it is actually unscriptural. It may have worked for some people, but that in itself does not make it Biblically sound according to the will of God. People have stolen in the name of God and gotten away with it: does that kind of "success" make it sound and according to God's will?

God called us to a life of holiness and righteousness, and has provided us with resources against the wiles of the enemy (Eph. 6:13-18). When an MOG teaches you to pray or do whatever else "from the Bible", don't gullibly swallow everything hook, line and sinker: go check out from God's word by yourself whether those things are so. The enemy is real, but nothing can stand against God's power to deliver, heal and save.

Hi ontop,

ontop:

You seems not to understand that there are spiritual forces that hinders ones progress in life. The bible says in the book of Corinthians we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principality, powers and spiritual wickedness in high places.

Did you mean Ephesians 6:12? - (It's not in Corinthians). The other two references are:

Luke 18:1 - "And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint," __and __[b]1 Thes. 5:17[/b] - "Pray without ceasing."

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by kimba(m): 11:55am On May 17, 2006
A FEW POINTS OF CORRECTIONS

@mamaput

The main thing as a Christan is that you have to be humble. Many churches in Nigeria are just like an Oscar Its only all about see and to be seen.Who was the best dressed.
Its not only in Nigeria. Its around the world. ive been to Churches in Nigeria, Africa, Europe, Asia and the Americas. Its all the same. Its the end of the age, when moral decadence is high-time

@Ib
The one thing i enjoyed about deeper life when i was in my teens was going to Ayobo for the retreat,  It used to be fun and excitement all in one. But the only problem was the lady that introduced us to that church was a heavy prayer warrior in that church with the natural hair and tying of turban. Housefellowship in her house and every monday, wednesday, friday, saturday and sunday, she will attend one program or the other.

But when this woman is beating her husband here, iraq war is child's play!!!
If I were you, I wont judge her church because she was beating her husband. Definitely, her pastor, and no pastor(regardless of religion, faith or profession), not even the Laws in any country promotes wife or husband battering, not evil child battering.

@Afeni
I am on the side of all those that refuse to follow organized religioin.  
So you would be more interested in unorganized religion?
(1) please can you help me define unorganized religion?
Note: Christianity is relationship with Christ.

These deeper life Churches are the ultimate corruption of the minds of our once decent people. They corrupt the youth and introduce new divinities. They use false tales about witches and wizards to cover their theft of the morals of society. If they are allowed to succeed, we will return to find that we know longer have a state.  

The government should ban them.  
Which deeper life churches? If you are referring to "Deeper Life Bible Church", sorry boi, you are wrong.
You don't know about Jesus CHrist,
you don't know about Christianity,
You don't know jack about the Bible,
you don't know about Deeper Life Bible Church
so please, keep quiet.

@Ldollier
haba ahh chineke oooo,  afeni them vex u. i mean what did deeper life do to you. be careful what you say oo,
a
but ehh wait oo, when i went back to naija, i was hearing that a lot of churches are getting corrupt, i even heard that now in deeper life, grace of God etc. the saints now wear pants/trouser to church, they don't cover their hair anymore, they dance disco in church. infact I HEARD THAT THEIR STANDARD HAS FALLEN. oh maybe its a lie

hmm, maybe i hear too much. watever joo
The problem is "You were hearing", and you have heard so many things and I think you are confused. Which church is the "grace of God, etc" you were talking about.? and Deeper Life CHurch, wearing pants, and dancing disco? in Nigeria. Maybe the last time you visited Nigeria was before the independence, 

Rather than making claims on what you have only heard, not seen or personally verified, kindly say what you have seen or experienced. Happy to let you know that Deeper Life Bible Church is still KEEPING THE BIBLE STANDARD, and still Many people are still coming to see the Light everyday.

@larape
I Think your relationship with God is a personal thing to you. Why criticize others. The important thing is giving your lives to Christ and then how you serve Him is between you and Him. Afterall the Bible says as many as are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. So, before you criticize other people ask yourself "Am I born again?"
Thank you very much. God Bless you.
You know what, if someone is truly born again, a Child of God in deed and truth, regardless of the evil you might see around you, you wont be shaken and surely, just as the Bible says:
John 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth, :

@Afeni
Deeper life as in life that is completely consumed with corruption and madness?

If that is what you mean, then yes, it truly is deeper life.

Your precious Church is filled with thieves, liars, defeatist filth (the worst in opinion), wife beaters, child molesters e.t.c. Congrats on being the chosen people of God/Allah/{insert religious lies that is meant to depict an all powerful being that may or may not exist}.

If your kind of life is defined as deeper life, I would greatfully exist in my current state of shallow life, or better yet, no life at all.
One thing a blind man doesnt know about is what is called "BEAUTY".

@naijacutie
Just to make a point here - no dissing
I, as a Christian, take my Bible and God as the final authority, and Ive been wondering how/which part of the Bible supports the idea that a genuine Child of God, filled and moved by the Holy Spirit should "be afraid" of geckos, evil birds and/or whatever evil/spirit that might possess those creatures, etc. As far as I know, they are animals, and I am a human being, created in the image of God and living as a CHild of God, with my heart as the temple of the Holy Ghost, as in for ex: I see a black cat along my way, and immediately im associating it with some evil spirit/personality from somewhere in the blues. I'm more of the idea "why should I even allow myself to worry in the first place". Its like this: A rich kid doesnt worry about his Dad's dough in the bank. His rich and powerful dad should take care of that. The Spirit in me is mightier than the Spirit in them, and even without my knowing it, the Holy Spirit would take care of such things, i mean if we as Christians truly want to leave like the saints of old did. Its the Bible. Believers are placed at a higher than principalities and powers, so why do we go through hell to run away from them, i know that they are real, and they use people to accomplish their evil motives, but with I in Christ, I am more than a conqueror.
did I hear an Amen!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

@aloib
as mamaput said   she can't belong to a fait that controld their people,  to me that so called deeper life is a fraternity or someth,  imagine its the pastor who would choose your spouse for u,  don't tell me because i've witnessed it wid my own eyes,  one of my mums worker was in the situation,  imagine she had to wait for the pastor to say who her hubby would be,  damn,  is that a church or what,  ure not allowed to watch tv, your kids are not allowed to mix wid other kids,  remember even Jesus ate wid sinners,  they spend xmas and easter at their so camp ground, they don't mix wid other [peoples kids,  and when u talk bout envy,  thats the number one church, imagine in my mus skul,  they get jealous among themselves when a persons kids  ( a deper life member too )does well better than theirs,   thats really bad o,  
About your mums worker friends case, let me put it like this, Yes she could have been a member of the church, but i disagree with your story that she had to wait until the pastor chose her bridegroom. Its not done in DLBC, I havent heard it happen, but and if truly it happened(I seriously doubt the story), I would rather say the lady in question wasnt a genuine Christian,did she truly know the will of God for her life? does she read the Bible, i mean personally?,  Perhaps they were just in church to get united thats all,  A genuine Christian "cross-checks the Bible with whatever he/she hears to make sure its the truth". Even the Bible itself says "Search the Scriptures, " Its her life, her future on the line, not that of her local-pastor.

More to that, I said I doubted your story. Are there only 3-members in the Church? because, i would want to ask, what happened to the whole church, the women and other leaders within that local church? what about the committee that sits to advice to be husbands and wives? did she consult with them or only with the pastor? what amount monitors within the church? Did they all consent to the local-pastor naming her a bridegroom?

About the TV issue, let me put it this way: The DLBC does not encourage its members to watch the TV, because the majority of what is shown there isnt appropriate for the young mind. Majority, and I mean majority of parents do not have time to spell the 1,2,3 of what-you-must-watch-on-the-tv-and-what-you-shouldnt to their children, and it has been proven by international researchers over and overagain that the TV is a major factor in child delinquency. When a 10yr old could aready be labelled as BAD, tell me theres another hope for him/her in life. Even without TV, don't some kids turn bad as a lack of parental control?  Now, the Bible doest not say "don't watch TV", it says "don't set evil before you eyes", meaning, your eyes were not created so that you could use them to watch evil things. Yes, Its not everything that is shown on the TV that is evil. Yes, I watch TV, and Yes, I censor what I watch. Is God happy with me, Yes He is.

The TV is not the only source of setting evil before you eyes, if you really want to Does that mean that I should close my eyes and start walking around the whole world, no TV, no radio, no Computer, no internet? Hell no, the conclusion is that I have to be responsible. How will parents teach their kids TV responsibility when they have to make 2-ends to meet? many times, they can't, and its usually when the kids are spoilt that the parents eyes are open, so please, the DLBC would want to teach parents to be responsible and build Godly families, thats what twas trying to do.

Kids mixing with other kids, does anyone really need the Bible or some church to convince you as a parent that your kids must not just mix with anyone, in todays world?

all i wanted to say:
a major problem today is that someone people, even when they hear the truth, they get deceived. Its not the truth that deceives them, its just that theyve allowed their minds to be poisoned by everywave of doctrine and peoples opinion that they get so confused they just end up deceived. Worse is they themselves don't read the Bible. Listen, the Bible is not for the pastors or leaders in any Church. Its for you and Me. The Pastor reads his Bible for his own benefit. He might tell you what he has learnt, but most importantly, you should read it for your own benefit.

It was said right, if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by Skidoc(m): 12:46pm On May 17, 2006
I like to corroborate Naijacutee's story. I also know a sister whose husband was chosen for her by a DLBC Pastor. I know the sister personally and this is no joke.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 2012! / Pastor Sarah Omakwu Appeals To Buhari To Stop Killings In Nigeria (Photos) / TB Joshua Prophesied The Boston Marathon Explosions Since January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.