Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,401 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? (22973 Views)

I Need Deeper Life Bible -gospel Hymns CD / Deeper Christian Life Ministry Then, And Deeper Life Bible Church Now. / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by kimba(m): 12:59pm On May 17, 2006
@skidoc
I like to corroborate Naijacutee's story. I also know a sister whose husband was chosen for her by a DLBC Pastor. I know the sister personally and this is no joke.
U really mean that huh, as in both couples are still married and they have the good-old-story my pastor chose my husband for me?

I wouldnt mind hearing details cheesy cheesy
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by ldollier(f): 2:55pm On May 17, 2006
@kimba

i did say that i heard, so what are you talking about. As for the MFM, so far as i heard that type of prayer, i thitnk my opinions about them will stay the same.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by kimba(m): 5:44pm On May 17, 2006
@Ldollier
sorry ma'am, my middle name is Franky.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by ldollier(f): 6:46pm On May 17, 2006
kimba:

@Ldollier
sorry ma'am, my middle name is Franky.
hmm
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by nijerbabe(f): 12:54am On May 18, 2006
lmao, ldollier, wassup gurl?? WDF where u doin at MFM?? (mountain of fire and Miracle/s). Gurl, u no dey fear 4 ur life o, those pple can bring down a mountain with prayer but anywais, bk to the main topic,
One thing i ve noticed fosho abt deeper life members and all other churches like dat is dis, most of their kids are SOOOOO bad. I mean, i kno kids dat their parents r so religious and they do alota shit. There is this guy i kno, his father is a deeper life and this kid is like, OMG, really BAD- smokes, drinks, a wonamiser and all that crap. some of dis kids i kno, whn their parents r out, they bring gurls home, smoke weed and all dat shit. So, my point is this, instead of dem prayin dat olumo rock shld fall by fire, dey shld be prayin 4 their kids not to turn into somn else.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by ldollier(f): 12:59am On May 18, 2006
nijerbabe:

lmao, ldollier, wassup girl?? WDF where u doin at MFM?? (mountain of fire and Miracle/s). Girl, u no dey fear 4 your life o, those people can bring down a mountain with prayer but anywais, bk to the main topic,
One thing i ve noticed fosho about deeper life members and all other churches like that is this, most of their kids are SOOOOO bad. I mean, i kno kids that their parents r so religious and they do alota rubbish. There is this guy i kno, his father is a deeper life and this kid is like, OMG, really BAD- smokes, drinks, a wonamiser and all that crap. some of this kids i kno, whn their parents r out, they bring girls home, smoke weed and all that rubbish. So, my point is this, instead of them prayin that olumo rock shld fall by fire, dey shld be prayin 4 their kids not to turn into somn else.

nijerbabeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. oh my baby welcome to NL. its too much of us fof here oo. let me break it down for you. bolex is here. hottest(hot-angel) is here, vokal-guy is here, lil naomi is here. gurl feel so much welcome. until Oleku upgrade fof. ok back to the topic

buhahahahahahahahahahaha. MFM prayers can bring down mountains ooo. i think one of them was even wishing me evil in that their prayer(cuz i took a test today and i didnt do so good)

as for the deeper life people, it is so true, when there parents leaves, then do worst things, things unbelievers won't even do. the same goes for pastors children.

once again, welcome eve cheesy cheesy wink
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by nijerbabe(f): 1:04am On May 18, 2006
dollieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. wassup gurl?? ehn ehn, seh una pack unaself come ni??lol. I shlda joined dis site way b4 now but for some reason, i just dey ignore am since last yr but anywais, tk care gurl. ttyl. I saw a post abt bolex. "why ladies love him" or somn like that. Bolex, ashewo, keep pimpin until i catch u. And d rest, keep havin fun. luv y'all. i wan go watch ANTM jare
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by ldollier(f): 1:05am On May 18, 2006
lol aight catch you later gurl. i am also watching ANTM. E.V.E. dont mind bola the love-vendor. aight chat with you later. kiss
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by nijerbabe(f): 12:37pm On May 18, 2006
hey gurl, ANTM was interestin yesterday. Twas fun to watch Jade go.lol. Happy dat Danielle won anywais, tk care gurl. ttyl. gat somn 2 do in clss
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by kellybaba(m): 3:29pm On May 18, 2006
let me enlighten nairaland members on the following facts about mfm:
1) mfm does not pray against any human being.see eph6:12 on d position of mfm
2)life is a battle and once u hv enlisted for jesus,ur m-a-r-k-e-d !
3)xtianity is not in word but in p-o-w-e-r ! see 1 cor4:20
4)a christian is a soldier(2tim2:3&4) and what does a soldier do? fight !
5) fight who? an 'enemy' of course !
6) who is an enemy? i mean d enemy mfm prays against.now listen:
an enemy includes any power,force or principality that does not want u 2 fulfil your divine destiny.this is mainly perpetrated thru denial or delay of one's due blessings,robbing u of 'joy of salvation', sicknesses,dream oppressions,failure at the edge of breakthrus,untimely death,diverse afflictions.d list is endless.
7) the position of god is that 'son of man(jesus) was manifested that he might destroy all these works of darkness'.mfm is a collaborative partner in dis destruction !
cool as there r several units in a military(medics,parade band,engr corps,drivers,techinicians,administrators),so exists different units in xtianity ! mfm belongs to the combatant wing of the lord's army !
9) when 'duty' calls,mfm does not shy away from battle ! god has given it that mandate !
10) the enemy army can neva speak gud of a superior opponent,so cheap blackmail or scandal(if u like) becomes a 'safe haven'.

so to all,i pray that any power that has vowed to retain u in 'd school of spiritual ignorance' shall surely s-c-a-t-t-e-r ! in jesus name.

a man's mountain is d mountain of his ignorance ! peace 2u all ! tis wella !
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by donnie(m): 11:54am On May 19, 2006
To destroy ignorance, you do not pray that the mountain, praincipalities, powers or watever of ignorance should be destoyed.

You simply go for the Word, and when you get a hold of it, keep saying it! dont stop talking it! keep it before your eyes until it shows up.

The cure for ignorance is the Word. Faith cometh by hearing.

Prayer has its place and will ensure that there is an atmosphere of power.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by donnie(m): 11:57am On May 19, 2006
Spiritual warfare is simply appropriating all that God did for us in Christ.

It is a fight of fiath and not a fight with demons, for they have been defeated, rendered helpless.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by mlksbaby(f): 1:17pm On May 19, 2006
@donnie,

I agree with a few things you posted, and would like to make a few additions. Perhaps you'd need to take another look at this line which is somewhat confusing to me:

donnie:

It is a fight of fiath and not a fight with demons, for they have been defeated, rendered helpless.

I don't think that is sound reasoning, because the Bible tells us indeed that even after Christ defeated principalities and powers, we still wrestle against these principalities and powers who are Satan's cohorts. Let me outline them:

# Christ defeated the kingdom of darkness on the Cross -
Col. 2:15 - And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it
("it" points to 'the Cross' in vs. 14).

# Believers wrestle against/with principalities and powers -
Eph 6:12 - For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers
of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places

The Bible even tells us that even though Christ destroyed Satan on the Cross, believers still have to be on guard against this fiendish enemy:

# Christ destroyed the devil
Heb 2:14 - Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the
same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil.

# Believers be on guard
1 Pet. 5:8 - Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom
he may devour.

This may seem somewhat of a dilemma; but the nature of spiritual warfare is such that realities of the spiritual realms have their own laws and are not subject to natural laws the way man understands the natural. As long as we're still on the earth in flesh and blood, there are issues we have to contend with before the return of Christ to subdue all things. Like everyone else, believers hunger, thirst, feel pain, and express needs. The difference is in how we handle these issues. Christ indeed said that believers will experience tough trials while in the world, even though He prophetically declaled His victory over the kingdom of darkness (see John 16:33). The simple reason for this is that only the strong by faith will do exploits, and trophies are not worn without a fight. "It is a fight of faith" as you rightly said, and that conflict is with/against the devil and his demons.

An Illustration from the OT.

In the Old Testament, God had made a conquest against the enemy and offered the promised land to the Israelites (Deut. 1:8 ). The victory had already been won by the LORD's and the land was before them for the taking. However, going over to possess the land was only by faith in order for the victory to be actualised in their experience. In reality, they would face enemies and resistance on their way (which were no match for them, as God would fight for them - Deut. 1:30); but some whose hearts believed nothing of the promise, expressed their lack of faith by rebellion (Deut. 1:32). Consequently, such doubters could not see the victory and they wandered and wasted their lives in the wilderness (Deut. 1:46).

That analogy describes somewhat of the nature of spiritual warfare today. The victory is won and the devil has no claim over the lives of believers marked out by the blood of Christ. As long as we are in this world, we're not of it; nevertheless the whole world lies in the wicked one, Satan (I John 5:19). He is a defeated foe, but that does not make him extinct: he harrasses believers only as God permits, for he cannot do anything not permitted him. This is why apostle Paul was resisted/hindered by Satan when he attempted to visit the Roman Christians (Rom. 1:13).

Christian spiritual warfare is a real battle of faith, and that fight is with unseen and real enemies, demons and fallen angels called "principalities and powers", diabolical and wicked in their nature, and under the authority and control of the devil (Eph. 6:12). We can rejoice that ours is a victory won by Christ, respected in heaven, feared in the devil's domain, and real to the blood-bought and -washed believer in Jesus. "For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds." (2 Cor. 10:4).
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by JBoy9(m): 6:37pm On May 19, 2006
As much as i woudn't like to sound like a fanatic i cannot but tell Afeni to stop BLASPHEMY and "DOMINATION ASSASSINATION" to avoid the wrath of God.I beleive he's learned enough to realise that there should be respect for individual culture,religion/domination and view.His wanton,uncontrolled and unbriddled mouth has already led him to destruction,so i suggest he ask for 4giveness and apologise to the members of sect he had abused.

Allah is THE GREATEST and JESUS is His SON
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by MrBean(m): 7:46pm On May 19, 2006
@jboy

Youre kidding right?  grin

When did ALLAH and JESUS become friends?  shocked shocked shocked You are trying to categorise evil with good.

You, my friend, are misguided.  grin grin
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by mamaput(f): 7:49pm On May 19, 2006
were they ever foes.
?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by MrBean(m): 7:54pm On May 19, 2006
@mamaput

And your point is?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by mamaput(f): 8:22pm On May 19, 2006
I do not feel like making a point .
But it seems to me true Muslims are more tolerant than Christians.
Most people get up and point their finger , why because? . There is no because just because everyone is doing it.
The Muslims acknowledge Jesus as a prophet of god. The Koran says if there are things you do not understand go and as´k the people of the book. The people of the book are Christans and the bible is meant by the book.
We only see the differences and close our eyes to the similarities.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by mlksbaby(f): 9:20pm On May 19, 2006
mamaput:

But it seems to me true Muslims are more tolerant than Christians.

I'm not sure you actually know what Muslim tolerance is in contrast that of the Christians. Check again, and you'll come back with a different view.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by MrBean(m): 9:21pm On May 19, 2006
@mamaput

I think living in Iran will be in order for you.   grin grin grin

You will enjoy a healthy dose of islamic tolerance.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by Day: 6:24am On May 20, 2006
It's so sad how bad human mind and morale have degenerated. The truth is that everyone will die one day, and whether you have enemies which you fight in "prayer" or not, you'll soon give up your own life one day to stand before GOD, whether you are in Deeper Life or Moutian of Fire, or whatever ministry you belong to. Many have been so blinded by church and church activities.

The fact is, the whole purpose of true religion is to change our evil propensities and make us good, just people, and the only way this can be achieved is through Jesus CHrist. Anyone who knows or has read the Bible in sincerity will see Christ's life, his character, his teachings and his examples, which are supposed to be landmarks for any true "Christain" to follow. Unfortunately, many have been blinded by their own lusts, and satanic manipulations. Many now do "fire for fire", "fight your enemy", "curse those that curse you" all of which are completely contradictory to the way of Jesus Christ.

Folks, I have been in many churches, but by the grace of GOd, I finally found my self in Deeper Life Bible Church, and I can sincerely say that, this happen to be the one of the many places where the true Gospel(I mean the Bible) is preached and practised in the power of God. Mind you, practising the true Gospel may not make you look so "cute" to the world(that is the majority), but it does not make you foolish or blind either. It is just that those that cannot see the light of the true Gospel happen to exist in darkness. Therefore, they wrongly in their darkness ascribe all sorts of name to Jesus Christ, thinking it is a church they abuse.

The question I would like to ask anyone is, are you free from sin? I mean are you truly free from forncation, adultery, lust, wickedness, covetousness, malice, envy, murder(hatred is murder too), debate, deceit, malignity, whispereres, backbitting and all sorts of evils et. al See Romans 1:29-32. Friends, if you are not yet free from any of these, casting out your enemies in "prayer" may just be a waste of your precious time because these are your own greatest enemies that you need to first deal with and have cast out in your life by the power of CHrist.
JESUS DID NOT COME TO CAST OR KILL OUR ENEMIES FOR US, THE BIBLE SAYS, THOU SHALL CALL HIS NAME JESUS, FOR HE SHALL SAVE HIS PEOPLE FROM THEIR SINS. Matthew 1:21

Being free from sin is what true religion is all about, and that is the purpose of preaching; unfortunately, men would not come to the light so that their evil deeds might be reproved. They would rather think sin is cute and righteousness is folly. But time shall soon tell. But, stop calling any church a name, deal with your own sin, and if you happen to find yourself in Deeper Life Bible Church, thank your GOd for bringing you there.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by donnie(m): 10:37am On May 20, 2006
shocked mmhm
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by donnie(m): 11:16am On May 20, 2006
mlks_baby:

@donnie,

I agree with a few things you posted, and would like to make a few additions. Perhaps you'd need to take another look at this line which is somewhat confusing to me:

I don't think that is sound reasoning, because the Bible tells us indeed that even after Christ defeated principalities and powers, we still wrestle against these principalities and powers who are Satan's cohorts. Let me outline them:

# Christ defeated the kingdom of darkness on the Cross -
Col. 2:15 - And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it
("it" points to 'the Cross' in vs. 14).

# Believers wrestle against/with principalities and powers -
Eph 6:12 - For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers
of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places

The Bible even tells us that even though Christ destroyed Satan on the Cross, believers still have to be on guard against this fiendish enemy:

That battle like i said is a fight of faith. Meaning , it is a fight using the living Word.

The battle field is the mind which you need to conquer with the Word.

2 Corinthians 10:5 
Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought  to the obedience of Christ;

The weapons of the devil are the thoughts, imaginations, and mindsets that are not according to God's Word.

These are sometimes thrown as darts ato our minds. These thoughts and mindsets need to be brought to the obedience of Christ through the Word of God.

So it is essentially a fight of faith. This is the good fight! Good because we know the end from the beginning. The winner has already been declared!

1 Timothy 6:12 
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

2 Timothy 4:7
I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

Put the Word in your heart and in your mouth and speak it under the annointing of the Holy Ghost and watch out for change!

mlks_baby:

# Christ destroyed the devil
Heb 2:14 - Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the
same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil.

# Believers be on guard
1 Pet. 5:8 - Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom
he may devour.

We are still saying the same thing here. He has been defeated and we execute that defeat not by fighting as though we do not know he has been defeated but by steadfastly proclaiming the Word of our salvation and victory to Satan's shame and defeat.

and they overcame by the blood of the Lamb and by the Word of their testimony.

So you can face any resistance by refusing to sway away from God's Word and continueing in faith.

So rather than say, every devil monitoring my progress fall down and die (which is impossible 'because demons are spirit bengs which do not die as such);

say , In the name of Jesus I am making progress; because i have been ordained to bear fruit!

Stir yourself up by praying in other tongues, open your mouth and declare a thing and have it established.

Study the prayers of Paul. you will be amazed at his prayers. Those are new testament prayers. Praying must be done according to our undersatnding of God's Word.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by mlksbaby(f): 11:49am On May 20, 2006
@donnie,

donnie:

So it is essentially a fight of faith. This is the good fight! Good because we know the end from the beginning. The winner has already been declared!

It's not a one-sided issue: it's an all-inclusive matter. The fight of faith is clearly a fight against principalities and powers. These demons or diabolical powers may throw darts, but the fight is not against the darts they throw, but against the throwers themselves. We're not asked to wrestle with darts or thoughts, but against these spiritual wickedness in high places called principalities and powers.

You're looking at the issue from just one set of scriptures and ignoring the rest. That's the substance of what I pointed out to you when you earlier stated that -

donnie:

Since they have already been defeated and rendered helpless, they don't need to throw darts; otherwise, from where do they get the power to throw those darts?

It is a fight of faith alright; but the fight of faith is against demons which the Bible calls principalities and powers (Eph. 6:12). So, you can't assert that it is "not a fight with demons". In Christ we appropriate the victory won for us on the Cross with the spiritual resources God has commended to us. To just look at the issue from one set of scriptures and ignore the rest will create an unbalanced view of what spiritual warfare is, and provide grounds for endless debates.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by donnie(m): 12:30pm On May 20, 2006
It is a fight against powers of darkness alright, but these need to be understood properly.

Our position in this battle must be clearly understood and that of the powers of darkness.

Our modus operandi must be clearly understood; otherwise, we will be letting ignorance go on rampage.

I believe in Spiritual warfare. But the warfare must be clearly understood.

As a christain, I also cast out devils; you might need to know. But this should be done with understanding and with revelation.

They do not have any power whatsoever. Jesus said, "All power (not some but all) in heaven and earth is given unto me, go ye therefore! Devils thrive on the ignorance of God's children. That is their strength. But ye shall know the truth and the truth will make you free. Because the truth tells of satan's defeat in hell. Where Jesus made a show of him and his co-horts openly.

The bible says we are seated with Christ in the heavenlies, far above all principality and power. We are  not on the same rank. When we walk in, they walk out.
Not because of strong prayer but because of who we are in Christ.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by mlksbaby(f): 1:45pm On May 20, 2006
There you go again, donnie. You're still looking at issues from just one side of what is involved in this matter. It should have sufficed you to see that all is involved as I've shared with you; not just the emphasis that "it's a fight of faith". This fight of faith, with/against whom are we in conflict? Okay, if you're so happy removing what ought not to be, you're a man of your ideas - and I respect that. However, let me help you a bit more:

donnie:

Our modus operandi must be clearly understood; otherwise, we will be letting ignorance go on rampage.

# My rejoinders did not display ignorance, did they? From all my replies, what in them came across to you as such or as not "clearly understood"?

donnie:

They do not have any power whatsoever. Jesus said, "All power (not some but all) in heaven and earth is given unto me, go ye therefore!

# Oh, I see. So, Christ didn't know that they didn't have any power at all before He said: "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you" (Luke 10:19)? What then did He mean by "all the power of the enemy" if 'they do not have any power whatsoever'? No, I'm not afraid of the enemy, but I'm not ignorant of the fact that God says the enemy has power. The fact is, the Bible does not deny that the enemy has power; it rather shows me as a Christian that his power cannot overwhelm me as I walk in obedience to God by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Apostle Paul knew that Satan has been defeated on the cross, but he did not deny that this arch-enemy still exercises power on the earth today. That's why he fearlessly proclaimed the goodnews of Jesus Christ to turn people from the power of Satan unto God (Acts 26:18). The balance of Scripture is that, while Satan is a defeated foe, his power is not denied in the spiritual realms. Again and again, the apostle made reference to the fact that there are diabolical powers still in operation today (Rom. 8:38 & Eph. 6:12) and we are actually wrestling with these unseen but real wicked powers (Eph. 6:12).

That the enemy is defeated by Christ: yes, that is a declared fact. But that "they do not have any power whatsoever" - No, that is not what Scripture teaches.

"Far above all principalities and power" is our declared position in Christ in the heavenlies. That does not deny that the enemy is real, and his diabolical operations are equally real. There's no need for the Bible to have warned believers to be on guard against a powerless enemy if we deny that the enemy has power at all.

I'm not trying to glorify the enemy. Rather, I'm saying balance your views from God's Word. Christ 'defeated the enemy', but that did not make the enemy extinct. He 'destroyed the devil' does not make the latter extinct. You need to maintain a balance between what is already accomplished and what needs to be appropriated.

If you're still not clear about this, do you mind explaining the following: Satan is the very same arch-enemy called the devil (Rev. 12:9). Through death, Christ already destroyed the devil before the book of Romans was written (see Heb. 2:14). Why then did the apostle write long after the death, resurrection and acsension of Christ, that: "And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly." (Rom. 16:20). Was Satan already bruised, defeated and destroyed in Christ'd death or not, before that verse was penned?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by grafikdon: 1:29pm On May 21, 2006
perhaps people feel uncomfortable with their doctrine. I am not here to condemn any church but if people avoid deeper life like you said, there's gotta be a smoke somehwere.

With that said, I believe some churches are getting more violent thses days 'cause i remember some 'prayer warriors' screaming out their lungs yelling, ' God destroy AMORC, fire them! Burn them! Ayakatayakamamamachachaaaaa! let them die.dieeeeeeeeeeeeee! yachaaaaaaaaaaadatatatyamangazabanazagada! Kill grail movement,kill,kill, father kill,kiiiiilllllllll!

I happened to know one of the prayer warriors and kindly approached him and told him i was deeply disturbed by their violent prayer. I wanted to know exactly what he knows about the two groups and he said they suck blood and do human sacrifice, I was completely shocked because I know almost everything about the two groups and have froends and relatives who are members,

goes a long way to show the ignorance of some Christians, and this guy is well educated.

Make una shine una eyes o, church is all good but that wouldn't take you anywhere if you pay no attention to other inportant things like bearing false witness against your neighbour,
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:46pm On May 21, 2006
@mamaput
i agree with you i dislike a church whereby all the preach about is if you dont put on makeup,visit the saloon and wear trousers you would go to heaven.but they leave out the most important details.such as loving people and good human relationship. sad
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by kimba(m): 11:21pm On May 21, 2006
@grafikdon
Ayakatayakamamamachachaaaaa! ,
yachaaaaaaaaaaadatatatyamangazabanazagada!,

O boy, its not easy o, What i know is "speaking in tongues", but this "typing in tongues" dey new to me o, abeg, explain
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

@ThoniaSlim
@mamaput
i agree with you i dislike a church whereby all the preach about is if you don't put on makeup,visit the saloon and wear trousers you would go to heaven.but they leave out the most important details.such as loving people and good human relationship.
So you mean when you go to your church for like 4 Sundays in a Month, all you hear is about: don't put on makeup, visit the saloon etc, as you have enumerated above? so you mean they don't talk about any other topic?

Look at it from 2-views,
(1) The Truth is always bitter. Repitition is for emphasis. If something is repeated over and over again, then maybe its important. Is it really the Church "inventing all they are teaching"? what does the Bible really say on its own? have you cared to find out from God Above, on your own personal basis?
(2) Or perhaps the issues were "overemphasized", if thats what you meant. Methinks, you havent completed your own assignment, since you know what the others are leaving out:
but they leave out the most important details.such as loving people and good human relationship.

Now, you have a responsibility. Leave the church to be preaching all the donts, you take care of "loving people and good human relationships".

Now, wont the world be a better place. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by mamaput(f): 7:31am On May 22, 2006
Kimba the religion is a whole way of life not just the church going,

Is it not all about If i do this god will punish me.
Some countries in the world their standard insult is Bleep you Bleep this , shit .

But in Nigeria is it not more like god punish you lightning strike you , your mother , your father. HM
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by mlksbaby(f): 7:48am On May 22, 2006
It is not all about "If i do this god will punish me." There's more to the Christian faith than that; and as a matter of fact, believers are called to have fellowship with Jesus Christ and with one another - that's more of a blessing than an idea of a punishment. The cross sign is a plus sign, not a minus sign. "He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" (Rom 8:32). I've heard people use those same expressions of insults and worse where I live in Europe and when I visited New York last year: just because in Nigeria people say such things does not mean that everyone in Nigeria is a Christian or even religious for that matter. Don't let what people say on the streets rob you of what is in the Book, the Bible.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by donnie(m): 4:12pm On May 22, 2006
mlks_baby:

There you go again, donnie. You're still looking at issues from just one side of what is involved in this matter. It should have sufficed you to see that all is involved as I've shared with you; not just the emphasis that "it's a fight of faith". This fight of faith, with/against whom are we in conflict? Okay, if you're so happy removing what ought not to be, you're a man of your ideas - and I respect that. However, let me help you a bit more:

# Oh, I see. So, Christ didn't know that they didn't have any power at all before He said: "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you" (Luke 10:19)? What then did He mean by "all the power of the enemy" if 'they do not have any power whatsoever'? No, I'm not afraid of the enemy, but I'm not ignorant of the fact that God says the enemy has power. The fact is, the Bible does not deny that the enemy has power; it rather shows me as a Christian that his power cannot overwhelm me as I walk in obedience to God by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Apostle Paul knew that Satan has been defeated on the cross, but he did not deny that this arch-enemy still exercises power on the earth today. That's why he fearlessly proclaimed the goodnews of Jesus Christ to turn people from the power of Satan unto God (Acts 26:18). The balance of Scripture is that, while Satan is a defeated foe, his power is not denied in the spiritual realms. Again and again, the apostle made reference to the fact that there are diabolical powers still in operation today (Rom. 8:38 & Eph. 6:12) and we are actually wrestling with these unseen but real wicked powers (Eph. 6:12).

That the enemy is defeated by Christ: yes, that is a declared fact. But that "they do not have any power whatsoever" - No, that is not what Scripture teaches.

"Far above all principalities and power" is our declared position in Christ in the heavenlies. That does not deny that the enemy is real, and his diabolical operations are equally real. There's no need for the Bible to have warned believers to be on guard against a powerless enemy if we deny that the enemy has power at all.

I'm not trying to glorify the enemy. Rather, I'm saying balance your views from God's Word. Christ 'defeated the enemy', but that did not make the enemy extinct. He 'destroyed the devil' does not make the latter extinct. You need to maintain a balance between what is already accomplished and what needs to be appropriated.

If you're still not clear about this, do you mind explaining the following: Satan is the very same arch-enemy called the devil (Rev. 12:9). Through death, Christ already destroyed the devil before the book of Romans was written (see Heb. 2:14). Why then did the apostle write long after the death, resurrection and acsension of Christ, that: "And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly." (Rom. 16:20). Was Satan already bruised, defeated and destroyed in Christ'd death or not, before that verse was penned?

Please let me explain something. I told you that satan has power only over the ignorant. His weapon is our ignorance. You may not grab this completely but u sure will before the Lord appears. Because we are all growing.

Talking about Paul in saying that the Lord will bruise satan under our feet.

You must understand the Word of God and the way God deals with us his children.

God gives his Word and expects us to do it. This is different from obeying the Word. It is the doing of the Word. Calling yourself what the Word calls you and acting that way. That is faith.

For instance, while there are some who have recieved salvation, others are hoping for salvation at the end of the age.

The bible promises salvation and eternal life at the second ccoming of the Lord but that is the culmination of all things. That is when it will actually be fulfilled for all.

1 Peter 1:5 
Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Revelation 12:10
And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

But you have to recieve that salvation and eternal life now to be sure of the one that is to be revealed.

2 Corinthians 6:2
(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

It is not about mixing up scriptures fron here and there , no! We must first understand the entire message of the gospel. It tell's of the finished works of Christ! There is nothing  that was not put under the feet of Christ. Nothing! I am not explaining to you you a theory, i am telling you what many have already proved to be true.

I do not waste time in dialogue with devils. I do not give them undue attention. I do not care to find out their names. I just cast them out. I do not seek to know if it is a black or white witch. I am a doer of the Word and as such i walk in Victory always.

If you look away fron God's Word, then you will see the limitations and the demons chasing and monitoring you here and there.

You will see those ones that they say make holes in the pockets when you are not a doer of the Word in the area of finances.

Satan has been defeated, but all the work will be fulfilled at the coming of our Lord when the Lord will destroy him with the sword of his mouth. He will defeat satan and his angels in that great battle. But we appropriate that victory by faith today.

Looking from the epistles of Paul that he underestood the position of the Church as the body of Christ. He said God has raised us up with Christ and put all things under the feet of Christ.

Who are the feet? These are the lowest n dirtiest menbers of the body of Christ. Jesus is the head. These are the babes. They will eventually grow through their knowledge of God's Word until they are reigning over circumstances and the devil. But already, all things are under their feet but they do not yet know.

"What is man that you are mindful of him,
      the son of man that you care for him?
    7You made him a little[a] lower than the angels;
      you crowned him with glory and honor
       8and put everything under his feet?[b]In putting everything under him, God left nothing that is not subject to him. Yet at present we do not see everything subject to him.

We do not yet see  all things put under man because men still fail, they fall sick, they are defeated sometimes. But this is until they find out from God's Word what he has made them. When they set their gaze on Jesus, it wont be long before things begin to change. Because as we look at Jesus( the Word), we are changed in to His likeness from glory to glory(we become what the Word says).

This is what the apostle was refering to. That is when the church will be ready for the rapture. When they are walking in dominion. But those who have understanding of God's Word are already reigning in life. They know that satan has been cast out of heaven and has been defeated. They are putting him where he belongs; under their feet. But a time will come when it will be common knowledge among the saints.

We are not to be on guard against a powerful enemy but against a proud and cunning enemy.

I am not a man of my ideas but a man of faith.

The gospel of Christ is by faith from first to last. Faith in the finished Works of Christ.
This is the reason why some who r sick believe that all will be well at the appearing of the Lord and as such they do not need divine healing. They are allowing satan to reign. But the one who knows that Christ died for sickness as well as he did for sin will refuse to be sick just as he refuses to live in sin. He sill refuse to let the symtoms he is experiencing change his confession of faith: that he is the healed of God!

Salvation is now!
deliverance is completed!
Now ! Now !

Now is the day of salvation!!! Faith is the victory that overcommeth the world!

You can live in the kingdom of God Today!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 2012! / Pastor Sarah Omakwu Appeals To Buhari To Stop Killings In Nigeria (Photos) / TB Joshua Prophesied The Boston Marathon Explosions Since January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.