Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,442 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? (22974 Views)

I Need Deeper Life Bible -gospel Hymns CD / Deeper Christian Life Ministry Then, And Deeper Life Bible Church Now. / Why Do Youths Run Away From Deeper Life Bible Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by laremtj: 1:54pm On Nov 20, 2007
Dear ALL,

Yet another wonder extract. Do you know there is a STRANGER IN MANY HOMES

Read on

The Stranger

A few months before I was born, my dad met a stranger who was new to our small Tennessee town. From the beginning, Dad was fascinated with this enchanting newcomer, and soon invited him to live with our family. The stranger was quickly accepted and was around to welcome me into the world a few months later. As I grew up I never questioned his place in our family. Mom taught me to love the Word of God. Dad taught me to obey it. But the stranger was our storyteller. He could weave the most fascinating tales. Adventures, mysteries and comedies were daily conversations. He could hold our whole family spellbound for hours each evening. He was like a friend to the whole family. He took Dad, Bill and me to our first major league baseball game. He was always encouraging us to see the movies and he even made arrangements to introduce us to several movie stars. The stranger was an incessant talker. Dad didn't seem to mind, but sometimes Mom would quietly get up - while the rest of us were enthralled with one of his stories of faraway places - and go to her room read her Bible and pray. I wonder now if she ever prayed that the stranger would leave. You see, my dad ruled our household with certain moral convictions. But this stranger never felt an obligation to honor them. Profanity, for example, was not allowed in our house - not from us, from our friends, or adults. Our longtime visitor, however, used occasional four-letter words that burned my ears and made Dad squirm. To my knowledge the stranger was never confronted. My dad was a teetotaler who didn't permit alcohol in his home - not even for cooking. But the stranger felt he needed exposure and enlightened us to other ways of life. He offered us beer and other alcoholic beverages often. He made cigarettes look tasty, cigars manly, and pipes distinguished. He talked freely (too much too freely) about sex. His comments were sometimes blatant, sometimes suggestive, and generally embarrassing. I know now that my early concepts of the man/woman relationship were influenced by the stranger. As I look back, I believe it was the grace of God that the stranger did not influence us more. Time after time he opposed the values of my parents. Yet he was seldom rebuked and never asked to leave. More than thirty years have passed since the stranger moved in with the young family on Morningside Drive. But if I were to walk into my parents' den today, you would still see him sitting over in a corner, waiting for someone to listen to him talk and watch him draw his pictures. His name? We always called him TV.

(Author unknown)
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by laremtj: 2:26pm On Nov 20, 2007
Dear ALL, don't be tired of my long extract. I just want to paste them here JUST AS THEY ARE. Remember, they are not Deeper Life stuff but THE BIBLE.

Now take this. Two kids are preparing for example for which there were 10 lectures. One felt reading only lectures 1-4 is enough. The other devoted ALL his attention and time to read the 10 lectures, taking every parts of the lecturer's words, sentence and note very seriously mastering everything unfortunately to the ridicule of his mate who call him efiko, rigour major etc. Now watch two scenarios:

1. They get to the exam hall (final judgment) and discover only lectures 1-5 are needed
2. They get to the exam hall and discovered that questions came out from ALL the 10 lectures

Judge NOW: Who do you think will pass most in scenario 1
Who do you think is the loser (and winner) in scenario 2

Then note: WITHOUT HOLINESS (1st H[/b]umility Micah 6:cool,[b] O[/b]bedience (totality of God's word), [b]L[/b]ove for God (not lust and infatuation), [b]I[/b]ntegrity (of heart and life that is void of deceit, hyprocrisy, pretend and lies), [b]N (Newness of heart that comes when the heart is COMPLETELY purged from sin after sincere and genuine repentance and confesion; E - Exemplary life that typifies that of God (1 Peter 2:21; Eph 5:1); S - Separation from the world (dirty lifestyle, ungodly norms, evil practices of the society) and S - Submission to the will of God as contained in His word the Bible) NO MAN (YOUNG OR OLD, RELIGIOUS OR PAGAN, ETC.) SHALL SEE THE LORD - Hebrews 12:14..

Now the extract (not from me or from DL)

[center]HOLINESS IS NOT LEGALISM.[/center]

Without holiness no man shall see the Lord." Nothing under heaven can be more sure than this; "for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it." And "though heaven and earth pass away, yet His word shall not pass away." As well therefore might God fall from heaven, as His Word fall to the ground. (Heb. 12:14; Mic. 4:4; Matt. 5:18).

No one who is not saved from sin here can be saved from hell hereafter. No one can see the kingdom of God above, unless the kingdom of God be in him below. Whoever will reign with Christ in heaven, must have Christ reigning in him on earth. And yet as sure as this is, and as clearly as it is taught in every part of the Holy Scripture, among all the truths of God, there is probably none which is less received by men.

Yes, professing Christians invariably invent one way or another to get to heaven without holiness. In the place of holiness, some have substituted penance, pilgrimages, and praying to saints and angels. Thousand of professing Christians have no doubt but that, by a diligent use of these things—without any holiness at all—they shall see the Lord in glory.

However, Protestants will not be satisfied in that manner. They are convinced that whoever leans on such things leans on the staff of a broken reed. Yet, thousands of such Protestants also think that they too will see God without holiness. How? Why, by doing no harm, generally doing good, going to church, and receiving the sacraments. And many thousands are content with this, believing they are on the high road to heaven. Yet, that is not much better than the hopes of the first group.

However, other Protestants recognize that such nominal Christianity is not sufficient. They correctly say that such a religion does not stand on the right foundation. However, they go on to say that Christ has already accomplished and suffered everything for us. They say that His righteousness is imputed to us; therefore, we need none of our own. Since there is so much righteousness and holiness in Him, there needs to be none in us. In fact, they claim, that to think we have any holiness, or to desire to seek any holiness, is to renounce Christ. That from the beginning to the end of salvation, all is in Christ, nothing is in man. And that those who teach otherwise are preachers of legalism, and know nothing of the gospel.

What evasion! What has Satan done? He has persuaded the very men who receive it to "turn the grace of God into licentiousness" (Jude 4). This is indeed a blow at the root, the root of all holiness, all true religion. The whole design of Christ's death was "to destroy the works of the devil" (I John 3:cool. But now this is overthrown in one stroke.

THE FRUITS OF CHEAP GRACE

For wherever this doctrine of easy grace is received, it leaves no place for holiness. It forbids all such exhortations as might excite a desire for holiness. Nay, it makes men afraid of personal holiness, afraid of cherishing any thought of it. For they fear that any step toward holiness might be a denial of the faith, and a rejection of Christ and His righteousness. So that, instead of being "zealous for good works," good works are a stench to their nostrils. In short, they are infinitely more afraid of the works of God, that the works of the devil.

Here is Satan's masterpiece! We are to believe that men are holy, without a grain of holiness in them! Holy in Christ, however unholy in themselves. They are supposedly in Christ, although they have not one jot of the mind that was in Christ. They are "complete in Him," although they are as proud, as vain, as covetous, and as lustful as ever. They think they can continue in unrighteousness because Christ has "fulfilled all righteousness."

O ye simple one, do not be deceived. For as surely as the Lord lives, "neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." "Such" indeed "were some of you. But you are washed, but you are sanctified," as well as "justified, in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God" (1 Cor. 6:9-11). You are really changed! You are not only accounted as righteous, you are made righteous.

The inward power of the Spirit has made you free—really, actually free—from the law or power "of sin and death" (Rom. 8:2). This is liberty, true gospel liberty, experienced by every true believer. This is not freedom from the law of God, or the works of God, but from the law of sin and the works of the devil. See that you stand fast in this real, not imaginary, liberty. Take heed that you "be not entangled again," by means of these vain boasters, "in the yoke of" that vile "bondage of sin," from which you have cleanly escaped. (Gal. 5:1).

I testify unto you, that if you still continue in sin, Christ shall profit you nothing. That Christ is no Savior to you, unless He saves you from your sins. And that unless it purifies your heart, faith shall profit you nothing. Oh, when will you understand, that to oppose either inward or outward holiness, under color of exalting Christ, is directly to act the part of Judas, to "betray the Son of man with a kiss?"

What? Make Christ destroy His own kingdom? Set Christ against holiness? Talk of Christ as saving His people in their sins? It is no better than to say, He saves them from the guilt, but not from the power, of sin. Will you make the righteousness of Christ a cover for the unrighteousness of man? So that by this means, "the unrighteous" of every kind "shall inherit the kingdom of God!" Stop! Consider! What are you doing? Who has corrupted you from the simplicity of Christ, from the purity of the gospel?

You did know, "He that believeth is born of God: And whosoever is born of God sinneth not" (1 John 3:9). O come back to the true, the pure, the old gospel! That which you received in the beginning. Come back to Christ, who died to make you a holy people, "zealous for good works" (Tit. 2:14). "Remember from whence you are fallen, and repent, and do the first works" (Rev. 2:5). For "wilt thou know, O vain," O empty "man, that faith without works is dead" (Jas. 2:17)?

Do not stupidly and senselessly call holiness legalism—a silly, meaningless word. Be not afraid of being under the law of God. Rather, fear being under "the law of sin" (Rom. 7:23). Love the strictest preaching best. That which most searches the heart, and shows you wherein you are unlike Christ. That which presses you most to love Him with all your heart, and serve Him with all your strength.

Permit me to warn you of another silly, meaningless phrase: Do not say: "I can do nothing." If so, then you know nothing of Christ. Then you have no faith. For if you have faith, if you believe, then you "can do all things through Christ who strengthens you" (Phil. 4:13). You can love Him and keep His commandments; and to you His "commandments are not grievous" (1 John 5:3). Grievous to them that believe? Far from it! They are the joy of your heart.

Show then your love for Christ by keeping His commandments, by blamelessly walking in all His ordinances. Honor Christ by obeying Him with all your might, by serving Him with all your strength. Glorify Christ by imitating Christ in all things, by walking as He walked. Trust in Christ to live and reign in your heart. Have confidence in Christ that He will fulfill in you all his great and precious promises. That He will work in you all the good pleasure of His goodness, and all the work of faith with power. Cleave to Christ, until His blood has cleansed you from all pride, all anger, all evil desire. Let Christ do all. Let Him who has done all for you, do all in you.

Exalt Christ as a Prince to give repentance. A Savior both to give remission of sins, and to create in you a new heart, to renew a right spirit within you. This is the gospel, the pure, genuine gospel; glad tidings of great salvation. Not the new, but the old—the everlasting gospel.

John Wesley

[center]Read and be wise. God bless you all.[/center]
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by Molseye(m): 5:56pm On Nov 20, 2007
DEEPER LIFE BIBLE CHURCH?

There is actually noting wrong about the church,

Those of you that have posted misconceptions about them really need to understand the scriptures and you'll find out that thge doctrines we preach are tailored according to the biblical standard. The gospel truth is real,

And for those that have named Lairs, Thieves, etc as members in the church, Let me remind you that we are in a wicked world, and we should always expect that. Jesus Christ our perfect example had Judas Iscariot in is 12 chosen ones, So you do the arithmetic and you'll find out that you might be right if u say a sizeable number of decievers are in the church, but that doesn't permit you to conclude the Church breeds them, They'll grow amongst the true ones, but at the time of the Rapture, they'll be singled out,

Wat we should do as individuals is to make right ouyr personal relationship with the Father (GOD) and make sure we live peaceably with HIM and with all Men,
By that We all can now say We are Living a Fulfilled Life on Earth, What Matters most is Our lives after Leaving the Present Evil and Wicked World,

May God draw us closer to HIMSELF. AMEN!!!!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by fables(f): 11:07am On Dec 11, 2007
We talk about church and who are church they are I and you, and expect will make our way right still internity we will continue to complain about this or that about the church.

The Bible says: Jugde not, so that u will not be jugde and remember you dont have any right whatsoever to condemn anybody, any church or religions as the case maybe.

Therefore, we ought to mind what we say or write so that we'll not call for God wrath upon us.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by 2ru9jaman: 4:52pm On Dec 14, 2007
During my NYSC days at Yobe state I have this funny experience from young corpers who will not have anything doing with deeperlife. In Yobe state then only deeperlife had english speaking assemblies branches in all local govts hq.Other churches especially the pentecostal ones are found in the 6 towns and big villages. Some youth corpers ended up worshiping in deeperlife. In fact one of us CAC member later become leader handling the village church. We were able to correct our prejudice about the church . You need to be there and experience what i am saying .They believe that there is power in the knowledge of bible, and righteous living give you the boldness to approach throne of grace.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by RURIE: 11:25am On Jun 09, 2008
kimba i like your views about deeper life do u attend the church becos u seem to know much about them
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by MALLAMZOJ: 7:57am On Aug 24, 2008
I THINK MUCH HAS BEEN SAID. MEN HATE THE TRUTH. DARKNESS HATE LIGHT PERIOD I AM NOT A MEMBER OF THE SO CALL DEEPER LIFE BIBLE CHURCH BUT I LOVE THEIR STANDARD QU'RAN SAYS "OH GOD GUIDE US IN THE WAY TRUTH AND LIGHT" THOSE SO CALL CHRISTIAN LOVE THE WORLD PERIOD.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by olabowale(m): 11:57am On Aug 24, 2008
@Mlk_Baby: « #101 on: May 24, 2006, 02:29 AM »
[Quote]
Now this is the amazing thing about your reasoning. "Has been defeated" and "will defeat satan" are two very opposite and convoluted things: the first is past tense and the second is future. Question: has Satan been defeated already or he is still waiting to be defeated in the future? How can you begin to appropriate a victory by faith if satan is somehow waiting to be defeated in the future?

Satan has been defeated, in fact destroyed in Christ's work on the cross - bold Biblical statement without contradiction! (Heb. 2:14). But that the Lord "will defeat satan and his angels" is a contradiction of clear Biblical teaching, for they are already defeated! (Col. 2:15).

The text you're referring to concerning the sword of the Lord's mouth is 2 Thes. 2:8 - "And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming." This does not refer to Satan and his angels, but to the man of sin, the son of perdition (vs. 3) who is also called 'that Wicked' (or 'the lawless one' - NIV) in the verse just quoted. He is not to be confused with Satan and his angels, for when you read these verses in their contexts and study them with other verses, the son of perdition, the man of sin, is the very same as the antichrist - who is yet to come. It is the antichrist that is there described as the one whom the Lord will destroy/consume with the spirit of his mouth - symbolically described as the sword of His mouth (Rev. 1:16).

I don't read anywhere in the Bible that the Lord and Satan will be engaged in a great battle in the future. Christ both defeated and destroyed him on the Cross, so there's no battle arranged between them in the future. Rather, the Bible says that there's yet a battle between the devil and the arch-angel Michael (Rev. 12:7). It is the antichrist (not the devil), in his most diabolic and hideous character, who will gather the kings of the earth and their armies to make war against the Lord Jesus and His army; but of course, the former will be seized and tossed into the lake of fire (Rev. 19:19-20. See also ch. 17:11-14).

You see, when you keep mixing up and confusing the devil and the antichrist (the beast, the son of perdition), you'll be contradicting yourself about whether or not the devil and his angels have already been defeated.
[/quote]

If Satan has been defeated, it it safe to say that he has been destroyed. Or at least rendered powerless. Non-persana grata. If any of the condition applies to satan, then there should not any of his actions being manifested on this earth? Or was he defeated for those who believed his destruction through Jesus?

If this specific condition applies to the believers in Christ, alone, I dare ask you, there should not be any tempations in the lives of Christians? Now, is there anyone of the Christians who is not prone to temptations? Mlk_baby, are you ever not tempted, in any thing? Can you guarantee that you will not be tempted, again, ever?

And can any angel be classified as bad, as a revolting angel, when they are all created by God to be fully obedient to Him? Do the Angels have free will, like the Satan, the genie, a different creation? To say that satan has any followership among the angels reveal incorrect understanding of the classes of creatures that we do not see.

Genie, or Jinn are different being, separate and apart from the Angels. Both are not seen, with the normal vision of Humans. Just like Humans and Animals live on the earth, yet we are different beings.

[Quote]
I don't know where you got the idea from that the feet of the body of Christ are 'lowest n dirtiest' members and the babes. There's no such thing taught in God's Word about the Body of Christ being described in such unfortunate terms. When once you stretch this idea out of proportion, you lose sight of what the Body of Christ actually means in the Bible.
[/quote]

Is the concept of lowest and dirtiest, more dignifying that acursed soul? Yet it is the acursed soul that the christians believed about the soul of Jesus Christ!

[Quote]
Powerful, proud and cunning is all what the enemy is; and if you're taking that for granted you're missing the point and speaking things into the Bible that are not there. The enemy has power - diabolical power - but he can't exercise that power over the Spirit-filled believer. That doesn't mean that he can't harrass or resist believers, but only as far as God permits him, and no more. That is why we understand why the Lord said to the church in Smyrna: "Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life." (Rev. 2:10). It takes more than just pride and cunning for the devil to cast saints into prison: he does so by the diabolical powers he possesses. When saints are tried, they come forth as gold (Job 23:10), and then we can understand why God spoke to the church in Smyrna about what they were going to face.
[/quote]

All of a sudden, you remember God! But before you had claimed Jesus defeated the newly described Powerful, proud and cunning enemy. Read your own writing. I believe if the enemy is truly defeated, you will not have him as having any power, diabolical power, or harrass or resist the believers. Now you will know that there was no defeat, at all. If there were, the devil could not have made anyone of you suffer, go to prison, etc. But quoting revelation seems to indicate that jesus was still gospelling even after he had been raised up to heaven. Am I correct to say that here? Who is speaking to Snyrna people, Jesus or somebody else you are now calling Lord?

[Quote]
Just because I call your attention to what the Bible clearly states about the enemy doesn't mean that the Kingdom of God is a strange phenomenon to me. Some of the things you stated are not taught in the Bible, and I've addressed them accordingly. The victory we have in Christ in sure, and the battle we fight is real as Ephesians 6:12 says we wrestle against principalities and powers and against spiritual wickedness in high places. These are clear facts stated in the Bible, and anyone ignoring it is playing dice; which is what you seem to be doing by trying to assert that it is "not a fight with demons."
[/quote]

Mlk_baby, you seem to be playing bigger dice. But you are rolling it, awkwardly! Above, you stated the devil or satan was already defeated, but then, you turned aroud to declare that you are still fighting him! Which one is deadliest; satan or the wickedness in high places? If you cut off the head of a snake, the rest of it is useless. If there was a true defeat of Satan, you will not be fighting/wrestling any wickedness.

I remember now: YOu are the former Muslim. Am sure you left Islam because you knew that Satan continue to exist. But because of the laziness of your heart, you are looking for a quick fix. Well, you can now see that Jesus did not truly defeat Satan, since you have to still fight even his evil and wicked followers!

My advise to you; Islam is still there waiting for you. Go back and make repentance and begin the worship of Almighty Alla, all over again. He forgives, completely and he will make your way straight and easy.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by AmakaOne(f): 5:46pm On Aug 28, 2008
kai! fire on the mountain!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by dudubobo1: 1:23pm On Aug 29, 2008
I agree with ib MFM is the church, i used to attend the church when i was in nigeria. The thing i love most about the church is their deliverance service. you fast from sunday and break on friday or sunday i can't really remember. [b]There was this part they told us to shake our head and keep praying i did it all of a sudden, i could feel something crawl out of my forehead. It was a great feeling i felt free.[/b]Most churches nowadays are into fashion and going to look for guys or girls. MFM IS NOT. you go there pray and go home . But i believe 1 thing whatever church you go to doesnt matter so far deep in your heart you accept the lord as your saviour and you do the right thing after all God is not going to judge us by the church we went to but by our heart and soul

Shaking your head till you feel something come out? Is there any scriptural basis for that? I just hope many dont develop problems with their heads/brains later in life
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by TPS360: 9:16am On Sep 01, 2008
I am not a deeper life member but I always attended their youth camps when I was in high school in nigeria. I was greatly blessed, may the lord continue to bless deeper life ministeries, amen!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by wayaki: 12:45pm On Jan 31, 2009
well, i think the Deeper Life Church has got very good teachings which when adhered to, give an individual an understanding as to how he/she should live as a good Christian.
however, members shouldn't be coerced or pressured into following such teachings. Let the word be preached regularly and the people given the chance to act them out from their hearts freely. If not done in this way, believers would just pretend to be good and whilst unsupervised, continue to live in sin. If they act on their own volition, they'll be likely to continue in that light for a very long time, making it their way of life.
members should be given counselling with love when found living out of the Christian character and not scolded or shunned.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by plappville(f): 3:54pm On Jan 31, 2009
dudu-bobo:

Shaking your head till you feel something come out? Is there any scriptural basis for that? I just hope many dont develop problems with their heads/brains later in life

How can a hand shake make one develop brain problem? na waoh for u oo,

Deeper life is a church where the true word is preach, the teaching is very educating and christlike, there is no fashion thing there, brethrens see themselves equal, i'm not suprise to see that a deeper life member is disliked, even Jesus said it, that In my name they will hate u and say all sort of things, So my fellow deeper life members, keep on moving, the lord is ur strienght.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by ow11(m): 4:46pm On Jan 31, 2009
You are avoided by me because

1. You are usually judgemental (I daresay very quick too).

2. You seem to hate to move with the times and think the status quo is what is holy. After you have waited for a while, you embrace the 'truth' like you had no idea you were being stubborn.

3. Even though you like to tell the truth unabashedly, you still ignore other things based on your own pre-conceived notions.

4. If singing was all about the words and not how it is sung, you may as well recite the bloody lyrics.

5. Looking sad and forlorn during church services does not mean you are actually paying attention/believing to what is being said.

These are some of the reasons off the top of my head . . .
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by GoodMuyis(m): 9:35pm On Jan 31, 2009
Well if you are posting relply to this message pls dont blasphem so that your sin may be forgiven

Love not the world neither thing that are inthe world, If any man loveth the world the love of the Father is not in him

The love is enmity against God

people hate the truth because of the love of the world in their heart and they ware not ready to leave it, then definitly they were ready to face the consequecies, because you can force a sinner not to commit evil but he will by no means do the will of his father the dvil

[center]", he that commited sin is of devil, "[/center]

[center], whosoever that doeth not righteousness is not of God, "[/center]

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by ow11(m): 10:14pm On Jan 31, 2009
GoodMuyis:

Well if you are posting relply to this message pls dont blasphem so that your sin may be forgiven

people hate the truth because of the love of the world in their heart and they ware not ready to leave it, then definitly they were ready to face the consequecies, because you can force a sinner not to commit evil but he will by no means do the will of his father the dvil

My points well summarised! You couldn't have nailed it any better
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by Kx: 9:29am On Mar 31, 2009
Am not a member but there are somethings i love about the church.
Other pentecostal pastors cruise in jeeps, land cruisers and private jets,
i recall 2yrs ago i was shocked to see kumuyi in a 504 car without escort.

If u have ever worshipped in deeper live,u ll agree with me dat over d decades,
their message has not changed:holiness.
I think d standard is still being upheld.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 31, 2009
I never stumbled on this thread not before i created another.
Indeed Deeperlife is one of its kind, so much have been talked about them, am still a member, was born and breaded in Deeperlife.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by pekmide(m): 8:56am On Apr 15, 2009
Now guys, after all is being said and done, let me share my experiences with the deeper life church with you.
I was once a vice - president of a deeper life fellowship in my secondary school and until recent times I was very comfortable around "the Deepers". In 2004, God led me to this beautiful sister, who happened to be a member of my fellowship in school as well as a member of deeper life church at home, Since her parents attend deeper life church and all the children are compelled to do the same.

I believe in Obedience to parents, so I saw nothing wrong with children attending their parents churches until they can take their own mature decisions, Well, I also attended my father's church till God had to show my dad himself that I ought to be in another denomination 'cause of my kind of assignment in life.

Well, I have courted a "a deeper" for five years in all purity, She's born again and I'm born again and it's now time to get married. , and the church is threatening to sanction my fiancee's parents, I don't want to start my relationship on a wrong note, It is not good that one's mother in - law be sanctioned because her daughter is getting married to a "non - deeper",

My questions to "the deepers" on this forum are as follows

1. Should I let go of the will of God for my life because of denominational differences
2. Are those of us raised in places like CAC, TAC, Latter Rain, RCCG etc not heaven bound? Please answer using the scriptures inductively, saying only what it said not adding to it nor subtracting from it?
3. Should my mother in law be "sanctioned and punished" for allowing the will of God in her daughter's life?
4. What really is our offense, (Me and my fiancee)? Because, we have not slept with each other, the relationship is over five years, we are ready psychologically, financially and spiritually to get married. We know our purpose and we have prepared ourselves to fulfill it.

I need an answer, I will not even mind if Bro. Kumuyi himself will answer, I've been trying to get across to him but I've been obstructed by so many obstacles. I really want to take my case to him.

1 Like

Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by chichijoy: 11:25am On Apr 15, 2009
I will never run away from deeperlife and that is not madness, its a matter of choice. If you must know, deeperlife preaches the truth and we all know that the truth is bitter; but when you finally accept it, you'll be glad you did. when you spend one month in deeperlife you have a spiritual growth that equals 1yr in most of the churches I know. but na wa a a o o. why una de drink phensic for another man headache. the deeperlife people de happy to serve their God the way wen their pastor they lead them, why you de complain for them. The most important thing is that you should find your way to heaven (abi you wan gate crash? no try am o. o). If on the last day God found their holiness to be in excess, then, let Him remove some; but until then, leave them alone. Remember say rapture de come soon. make you no try hold my leg o o o, better go deeperlife go learn how to prepare.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by MadMax1(f): 3:58pm On Apr 15, 2009
pekmide:

Now guys, after all is being said and done, let me share my experiences with the deeper life church with you.
I was once a vice - president of a deeper life fellowship in my secondary school and until recent times I was very comfortable around "the Deepers". In 2004, God led me to this beautiful sister, who happened to be a member of my fellowship in school as well as a member of deeper life church at home, Since her parents attend deeper life church and all the children are compelled to do the same.

I believe in Obedience to parents, so I saw nothing wrong with children attending their parents churches until they can take their own mature decisions, Well, I also attended my father's church till God had to show my dad himself that I ought to be in another denomination 'cause of my kind of assignment in life.

Well, I have courted a "a deeper" for five years in all purity, She's born again and I'm born again and it's now time to get married. , and the church is threatening to sanction my fiancee's parents, I don't want to start my relationship on a wrong note, It is not good that one's mother in - law be sanctioned because her daughter is getting married to a "non - deeper",

My questions to "the deepers" on this forum are as follows

1. Should I let go of the will of God for my life because of denominational differences
2. Are those of us raised in places like CAC, TAC, Latter Rain, RCCG etc not heaven bound? Please answer using the scriptures inductively, saying only what it said not adding to it nor subtracting from it?
3. Should my mother in law be "sanctioned and punished" for allowing the will of God in her daughter's life?
4. What really is our offense, (Me and my fiancee)? Because, we have not slept with each other, the relationship is over five years, we are ready psychologically, financially and spiritually to get married. We know our purpose and we have prepared ourselves to fulfill it.
I need an answer, I will not even mind if Bro. Kumuyi himself will answer, I've been trying to get across to him but I've been obstructed by so many obstacles. I really want to take my case to him.

Wow. You need the church's permission to get married? What does 'sanction' her parents mean? They're obviously afraid you'll take the lady away from the church, which is tantamount to 'missing heaven'. It's natural to be zealous over their spiritual charge, i.e, the girl, but I thought Church leaders prayed and sought God on such issues, not play Deputy God in people's lives. I don't know much about the church. Never been there. But their ideas on choosing your marriage mate seems to be antediluvian and sometimes outright absurd. I once overheard a member recounting how a lowly,unemployed 'brother' saw his future wife in a vision. The lady in question was a single, well-to-do member. He told the Church elders, who told the lady. She refused, that she didn't know him and didn't like him; but they assured her the 'will of God' has nothing to do with 'worldly' feelings like 'love'; that God knew best and most of them didn't like their mates at first but later appreciated them after years of marriage! Good grief! Of course the lady bowed to pressure and married the vision-seeing ass.
One appreciates their high standards, but you can be holy and grounded in the real world,can't you?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by Ndipe(m): 4:28am On Apr 22, 2009
kimba:

* Before this thread results to: I Bash your Church and you bash Mine,
* before this thread results to: the war between the different facets of "Christianity", in a world where everybody is "born-again" and some are "born-against",
* before we Christians allow those who don't believe in God(who would cook up stories here and there about what never happened, just to discredit Jesus) begin to point a finger at us, a similar topic about the Deeper Life Bible Church, dealing with Youths was discussed here FYI: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-9651.0.html

@Mamaput: as you saidI do not suppose you are a Christian, madam, and if you say you are, yetI would ask you what you understand by Christianity if Christ is not in control of your life?

True madam, what happened to God Loves you? The DLBC doesnt preach "God will punish you blah, blah blah", at least ive heard a lot of Pastor Kumuyi's messages. The Church doesnt condemn, its only that a lot of people in Nigeria and around the world where the Church has branches arent so comfortable with the "Whole truth of the Bible".  Its Natural as a human to reject the hard way. To put it right, the Church dishes out the cold truth of the word of God, leaving no stone unturned, until one is forced to personally make a decision for Jesus or not.
Note: Salvation from sin is a Personal decision. The truth is always a bitter pill to swallow, but the difficulty in swallowing the bitter truth pill doesnt change the fact that its the truth.

Nothing happened to God Loves you, but truth is that the Bible is not all about God Loves you. God Loves you is the Truth, and He made Salvation to be Free for man, but Salvation is not Cheap. [b]Salvation is Free, but its not Cheap. God had to close His eyes, turn his back on His only Son Jesus who carried the weight of Humanity's sins, He had to give His own life for Salvation just to make Free for us.

Example: My dad BOUGHT me a car on my 18th b-day. It was Free for me, but my dad paid for it. Now, if I begin to use the car to deal drugs, run from cops and killing people, I deserve to be punished, because I've made mockery of his gree-gift, and my dad definitely would get angry. He would be most pleased, seeing me daily using that car responsibly.[/b]That is why:
One thing that bothers me, especially when people talk of the Deeper Life, for example is for example someone saying: "I know they preach the truth, but I can't just accept it". Now what could be worse than "I know Jesus is the way, but I can't follow",  "I know the Bible is true, but I can't obey", Mind you, its not the church not the pastor, but the word of God.

As I was saying earlier on, heres what ive come to believe:

its not the Church,
its not the Pastor,
Its You, your Bible and God,
its Me, my Bible and God.

Basic facts: regardless of whether this life labels one as rich/poor, literate/illiterate, religious/not, believes in Jesus/not, whatever position one might place himself/herself, whatever decision you might decide to take, or wherever the world, fate or circumstance places you in life, there are two basic things:
1) Every one will die someday,
2) What Next

A lot of people don't have issues with (1). Even scientists don't have issues with the fact that every man will one day die.
But with (2), a lot of people have mean issues, especially when they know they don't know where they are ending up.

God is Real, Satan is Real, Heaven is Real, Hell is Real. Your acceptance into Heaven or rejection and damnation into Hell will not be on the basis of a Church or Pastor, or someone here or there, it will be basically: What you did with Christs death on Calvary, what you did with the Bible.

There will be no more room for excuses:
"I was not told",
"I didnt like that Pastor",
"I didnt like his Church",
"I didnt accept that passage in the Bible, because the Pastor didnt teach it",

even all these Pastors will stand before God themselves, and they wont be defending anyone. The responsibility lies on everyman, regardless of what any Pastor/Church/denomination, preaches or doesnt preach:

JOHN. 5.39. "Search the scriptures, for in them ye think ye have eternal life, and they are they which testify of me.

At the end of time, Twill be basically you and the Word of God: did you obey the Word of God?

To search the scriptures and to get its full understanding, you will need to free your mind from everything you have heard, seen or even come across. The Truth: God Speaks, but many don't have listening ears.

Excellent.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by akaazua(m): 4:12pm On Oct 18, 2010
Thank you all for contributing to this very important post. May God help us to be matured enough to offer matured contributions that will help us to serve God better. Be at alert, not all contributors are born-again! so Don't allow the provocative statements to affect you salvation and sanctification, take it with ease my Brother/Sister. Afterall what unites us Christians is more than most of the infinitesimal differences amids us. You contribution will definitely reveal you real nature, we shall know you by your fruit. Remember that the bible warns about striving about words that will not build anybody up. Let us not attempt to give that which is holy unto dogs.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by dexmond: 7:09pm On Oct 18, 2010
the word of god is with pastor kumuyi. if making heaven at last is your target, it is a bit easier going from Deeper life. i know it is not the church that one attends that guarantees one a place in heaven. the fact that people know that members of their local church will frown at certain things which are ungodly, tends to restrain them. now if you don't do those things that offend god and man, are you not going to make it? that is the reason i said it's a bit easier from there. generally, going to heaven is not a simple thing. it's a narrow way. you have to be different which will land you into so many troubles.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 29, 2010
Hello! my sweet DL members out there please dont get side tracked by attacker.

Remember:
[center][size=8pt][size=8pt]", earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints".[/size][/size][/center] Jude 3 grin

Keep it up! yourtype of faith is 100% the one handed over to the saints and Apostles by Jesus Christ.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 29, 2010
Hello!Greetings in the name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus christ, My sweet DL members out there please don't get side tracked by attackers.

Remember:

[center]", earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints"[/center]. Jude 3 grin

Keep it up! Your type of faith is 100% the one handed over to the saints and Apostles by Jesus Christ.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by Augusto20(m): 12:18am On Dec 31, 2010
I thank God that i am not only a deeper life member,but an heaven bound child of God.since i join the church and gave my life to Jesus,my life has not been the same again.reading the comment posted my member,i am also encourage to contending for the faith once delivered unto the saints.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by rawmeat: 11:07am On Apr 17, 2012
naijacutee: Back to the original question,

I would say people run away from the church or anything that has to do with it because most people do not like to be perceived as 'different' from the rest of society. Everyone wants to fit in.
I used to attend the church when I was younger, only because I had to, and the teaching in church was VERY SOUND. One of the soundest I've ever heard in fact. I guess the trends of clothing there was due to everyone wanting to look like everyone else in the church community so they could, again 'fit in'
I'd never heard it being preached that women should wear turbans or whatever -- Personally I think turbans are a piece of mens clothing (Arabic men)

As for MFM. The church is again VERY SOUND. In a continent like Africa where people do fetish things against people, how else could one break the powers of those fetishes except by praying for them to "FALL DOWN AND DIE"?
In my opinion, those prayers are not targeted against people/humans. (God loves us all) but are targeted against principalities, powers and spiritual wickedness in high places. Which could be represented in agents of any kind (As IB rightly pointed out - evil wall geckos, evil birds, evil monitors e.t.c)

Are Principalities, powers and spritual wickedness humans? If they are not, can they die?or what do you mean?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by kolaqkunle: 5:25am On Aug 04, 2012
Ib: The one thing i enjoyed about deeper life when i was in my teens was going to Ayobo for the retreat, It used to be fun and excitement all in one. But the only problem was the lady that introduced us to that church was a heavy prayer warrior in that church with the natural hair and tying of turban. Housefellowship in her house and every monday, wednesday, friday, saturday and sunday, she will attend one program or the other.

But when this woman is beating her husband here, iraq war is child's play!!!

My friend, that woman is to be blamed. However, the church may have contributed to her hypocritical life because once you dress in such a way, you are seen as a christian. So witches and wizards, fraudsters, liars, etc can conveniently stay in deepelife without some sincere members knowing. Replacing the word of God with tradition is a big problem in deeper life. Although Pastor Kumuyi have tried to correct some of these things, his leaders are still running their empires and ignoring him because they have been able to make merchandise of the people through the mechanism of fear. They love to control people and mess up their destinies. They don't allow members to challenge a leader's assertion since he is a leader as if he is God! There will be surprises in heaven!
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by DavidJohnDavid(f): 5:10pm On Jun 04, 2013
I love MFM and i also love Deeperlife- MFM because of deliverance and Deeperlife because of holiness.
Where do i get a church with deeperlife's holiness style and MFM's deliverance style in one package?
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by olugiveme: 1:52pm On Jun 08, 2013
Every idle word that a man says, he shall give account of them all on the last day. Why don't you leave churches alone with their problems. if Christians are doing this i wonder wat we expect other religion to say of us. shame on everyone of u saying disgusting words about these churches, i wonder the kind of church u will have if u are to be the founder of a church. why don't u concentrate on how to live a life that pleases God rather than come on nairaland to disgrace urselves. can any one of u point to a church that does not have bad eggs, it is more sad when people only see the bad eggs in a church, they never see the good ones. CHRISTIANS are suppose to be Christlike, why not ask yourselves, if christ is to be on nairaland will he approve of this comment of urs. some people will be busy typing rubbish on nairaland when the trumpet will sound. why will u want to go to hell because u hate a particular church,u will be languishing in hell and the members of that church will be in heaven rejoicing, YOU WILL BE THE GREATEST LOOSER. If u have made any disgusting comment on this post, u are a disgrace to christianity. i will not really blame u, i will only blame the person that posted this, cos i wonder wat u really want to gain from this, if people hate ur church wat headache of urs is that, did not Christ himself made us to know that we will be hated of all men, that whoever will be his friend would be an enemy of the world, why are u then seeking to know why u are being hated. above all, wat shall it profit a man if he gives all the negative comment about a church on nairaland and loose his own soul. BE WISE.
Re: Deeper Life Bible Church: Why Avoid Us? by brocab: 11:38pm On Mar 04, 2018
Deeper Life Church is no different to the next Church that prospers prosperity Mammon and heaps of it.
My Pastor lives the high road, while I am living the low road, I don't support the poor, I don't feed the hungry and I don't give water to those that thirst, "I give to the Church to support those needy, while my Church gives none.
My Pastor prospers aeroplanes, large buildings, houses, and fancy cars, and food on his table, money in his pockets and money to burn, While my people are hungry, thirsty, in prison, sick and poor and dying, while my Church gives none?
{Matthew 7:15} Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 2012! / Pastor Sarah Omakwu Appeals To Buhari To Stop Killings In Nigeria (Photos) / TB Joshua Prophesied The Boston Marathon Explosions Since January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 180
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.