Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Is She About To Make A Fatal Mistake? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is She About To Make A Fatal Mistake? (1637 Views)

I Think I Made The Greatest Mistake Of My Life / 17 Ways To Make A Guy Smile! / 23 Ways To Make A Girl Smile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is She About To Make A Fatal Mistake? by smokeydrinky: 8:23am On May 07, 2013
I have a friend,she is at that age where she isn't desperate but really wants to settle down. she had a boyfriend who is quite a hunk but earns little and is frugal to d point of stinginess plus he insists she must discard her "worldly" clothes if/wen dey tie the knots. by worldly i mean putting on pants. she "likes" him but isn't ready to give up her way of life or her religion.

There is this other guy she met last yr nov. she told me about his intention to marry her but she complained dat he drinks alot, smokes like a chimney, is asthmatic, short and obese, she was a lil ashamed of him but she did say he is a rich spender! whats more? she said his gf left him and married another guy around the time dey met and uptil march dis yr,( wen she told me dis) he was still heartbroken and still calls her everyday. the ex calls him too and whenever she does, they chat in a romantic manner and for a long tym and he doesn't care if my friend is der or not.

At the time, i told her to follow her heart but since i knew she didn't really love any of them, i tot she ll wait for the ryt guy...i was wrong! she informed me last week dat the obese guy has done the intro and she is planning her wedding!! she didn't sound ecstatic! just non-chalant as ever.

I won't forgive myself if she marries dis guy and is miserable. they ain't in love, they don't know each oda well enuf since they don't reside in the same state and dis guy is a ticking bomb, the ex dat left him barely 7 months ago is d only girl he has ever dated, they ve bin together for years.....

is she marrying him for material reasons? should i talk to her? or mind my business?
Re: Is She About To Make A Fatal Mistake? by iebanehita(m): 8:45am On May 07, 2013
@OP..
You and I knws ds grl is marryin d 2nd Guy for Material reasons.,,and YES!.. She is making the deadliest mistake ever. Marrying a Chain Smoker thats asthmatic?!!!

Bliv me, that Guy's death is imminent if he doesn't quit and its very obvious thers no love whatsoever btw d confused grl n d 2nd dude. So, she shldn't expect things to work fine when they get married.

Also, considering d chubby dude stil feels for hs estranged ex,,thats another danger ds grl has tocope with.

Advice her,let her know d danger that lurks ahead.

1 Like

Re: Is She About To Make A Fatal Mistake? by smokeydrinky: 8:56am On May 07, 2013
@ iebanehite, well she knows the dangers, she is a nurse. wen i raised concern over dat, her reply was dat her mum married her dad cz he was young and fit but he still died earlier dan d mums oda suitors who were alot older dan her.

i don't know how to go about advising her, i don't want to be called a kill joy...
Re: Is She About To Make A Fatal Mistake? by butta(m): 9:08am On May 07, 2013
Leave her and allow her to go on wit watever pleases her you can not decide for her .

1 Like

Re: Is She About To Make A Fatal Mistake? by Scarpon(m): 9:10am On May 07, 2013
the second guy is a death lane 1st guy is okay she should get married to him and everything will change for good.my dad got the job that change his life forever just after 2days he got married to my mom.

1 Like

Re: Is She About To Make A Fatal Mistake? by iebanehita(m): 9:28am On May 07, 2013
smokey drinky: @ iebanehite, well she knows the dangers, she is a nurse. wen i raised concern over dat, her reply was dat her mum married her dad cz he was young and fit but he still died earlier dan d mums oda suitors who were alot older dan her.

i don't know how to go about advising her, i don't want to be called a kill joy...

the truth is bitter,bt it has 2b said. If she s stil stubborn,leave her n let r learn frm r experience.

1 Like

Re: Is She About To Make A Fatal Mistake? by Z8(m): 4:36pm On May 07, 2013
This is how people put unnecessary issues on their head. u have given ur advice and she didn't take it.. its not your life leave her alone.... later u will start complaining that she's calling your jealous that you don't have your own

2 Likes

Re: Is She About To Make A Fatal Mistake? by DeeMain(m): 5:09pm On Apr 01, 2019
Smokeydrinkey, just so we can draw some wisdom, how has your friend's marriage fared so far?
Re: Is She About To Make A Fatal Mistake? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 01, 2019
smokeydrinky:

I have a friend,she is at that age where she isn't desperate but really wants to settle down. she had a boyfriend who is quite a hunk but earns little and is frugal to d point of stinginess plus he insists she must discard her "worldly" clothes if/wen dey tie the knots. by worldly i mean putting on pants. she "likes" him but isn't ready to give up her way of life or her religion.

There is this other guy she met last yr nov. she told me about his intention to marry her but she complained dat he drinks alot, smokes like a chimney, is asthmatic, short and obese, she was a lil ashamed of him but she did say he is a rich spender! whats more? she said his gf left him and married another guy around the time dey met and uptil march dis yr,( wen she told me dis) he was still heartbroken and still calls her everyday. the ex calls him too and whenever she does, they chat in a romantic manner and for a long tym and he doesn't care if my friend is der or not.

At the time, i told her to follow her heart but since i knew she didn't really love any of them, i tot she ll wait for the ryt guy...i was wrong! she informed me last week dat the obese guy has done the intro and she is planning her wedding!! she didn't sound ecstatic! just non-chalant as ever.

I won't forgive myself if she marries dis guy and is miserable. they ain't in love, they don't know each oda well enuf since they don't reside in the same state and dis guy is a ticking bomb, the ex dat left him barely 7 months ago is d only girl he has ever dated, they ve bin together for years.....

is she marrying him for material reasons? should i talk to her? or mind my business?
deemain, just ask you a question
Re: Is She About To Make A Fatal Mistake? by aanuoluwami14(f): 5:27pm On Apr 01, 2019
smokeydrinky:

O ga o, why is she in a hurry? A smoke man? Just wish them best of luck undecided
Re: Is She About To Make A Fatal Mistake? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 01, 2019
I can never marry a chainsmoker
Infact any Man that smokes is a huge turn-off for me
Tell that your friend that if she wants to become a widow anytime soon she should marry him but if she doesn't she should run as fast as a tiger away from that marriage
Re: Is She About To Make A Fatal Mistake? by Apination(m): 7:34pm On Apr 01, 2019
It would be best you keep your opinions to yourself, you did the right thing based on your first response, before you are tagged "Bad Belle" undecided
Re: Is She About To Make A Fatal Mistake? by Rubbiish(m): 7:41pm On Apr 01, 2019
henriettttta:
I can never marry a chainsmoker
Infact any Man that smokes is a huge turn-off for me
Tell that your friend that if she wants to become a widow anytime soon she should marry him but if she doesn't she should run as fast as a tiger away from that marriage
This is not true
Smoking does not mean one won't live long

1 Like

Re: Is She About To Make A Fatal Mistake? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 01, 2019
The ex must have left him because of his smoking habits, tell your friend to be careful ooo hmmnnn
Re: Is She About To Make A Fatal Mistake? by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:18pm On Apr 01, 2019
foolish women marrying donkeys since bro jesus was walking on water...

[img]https://media./images/ca84eb4ea7bf72f22486491d96ed5b16/tenor.gif[/img]

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Did He Really Love Her ? Picture / At What Stage In A Relationship Should A Woman Lend Money To Her Man? / Don't Marry Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.