Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland (21994 Views)

Concerning Our Catastrophic Loss Of Your Valuable Data / Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? / Golden Rules Of Life To Be Considered In 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Go Down)

Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Seun(m): 6:46am On May 09, 2013
My Fellow Nairaland Members,

Your mixed reactions to the "new" rules have not gone unnoticed. While most people actually liked them, many people had one complaint or the other. To address your concerns, I have modified rules 1,4, 13, 15, and 21. I believe you will be pleased with the changes: https://www.nairaland.com/1026/nairaland-forum-rules-regulations

These rules are not as new as many people think. They are essentially the rules we have been enforcing all along, but they have been expressed in a more compact form to encourage you to actually read them. I created the 1st draft on the 7th of April and my fellow moderators gave me a lot of feedback which I incorporated into the rules before publishing them yesterday.

[s]Rule 17 is the most controversial rule because it sounds unfair. My fellow moderators have debated this rule at length and it could not be changed. We cannot extend the prohibition against offence to other religions because that limits your freedom of speech, and we cannot remove that rule without jeopardizing security and the safety of lives. Sorry about this.[/s]

Please see this: https://www.nairaland.com/1284692/striking-down-rule-17

Best regards,
Seun Osewa.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by slap1(m): 7:03am On May 09, 2013
We don hear.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by sandra5: 7:04am On May 09, 2013
Ok
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Seun(m): 7:04am On May 09, 2013
slap1: We don hear.
sandra@4:
Ok
Thank you.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Cashkhiid(m): 7:04am On May 09, 2013
Oh that's better then
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 7:05am On May 09, 2013
Ok. Sir
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by mike404(m): 7:05am On May 09, 2013
Bros I still don't understand you o

5 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Deiok(m): 7:05am On May 09, 2013
ops. Ok duely noted.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 7:05am On May 09, 2013
17-is my problem. Why didn't you mention christianity also So you are supporting abusive comment for christianity right,but islam_NO.

87 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Debroslink: 7:05am On May 09, 2013
17. Don't post anything that could be considered offensive to Islam, especially in the muslim section.

How about effecting this rule on all religions especially Christianity? I'm so disappointed in you Seun

74 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by mike404(m): 7:06am On May 09, 2013
Izrhiell: Ok. Sir
what's the meaning of ok sir

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Youngartist(m): 7:06am On May 09, 2013
ofin Mooooosee

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Adex097: 7:06am On May 09, 2013
Ok
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by kevoh(m): 7:06am On May 09, 2013
Vancouverplus: 1st
what is the meaning of '1st'? angry
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by ChrisGnarly: 7:06am On May 09, 2013
ok, ndewo
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Seun(m): 7:07am On May 09, 2013
Debroslink: How about effecting this rule on all religions especially Christianity?
It limits your freedom of speech. We do not want to limit your freedom of speech unless there is a very serious reason to do so.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by BlackPeni5: 7:08am On May 09, 2013
Nairaland is slowly becoming an Fully Academic Forum. If these rules had been enforced strictly in the past, I can assure you Nairaland wouldn't have had as many members as it has today. Most people come here to have fun and not necessarily to debate, argue or proffer solutions to Nigeria's unending problems.

I'm still offended by rule 17 as it makes me understand that other religions can be freely insulted except Islam. Also rule 21 implies that poorly educated people will be banned from this forum.

Meanwhile you could also insert an unregister button for those people who may want to opt out of this New Rigid Institution. angry

93 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by calm9090(m): 7:09am On May 09, 2013
And rule 17?

4 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 7:10am On May 09, 2013
Seun: My Fellow Nairaland Members,

Your mixed reaction to the "new" rules have not gone unnoticed. While most people actually liked them, many people had one complaint or the other. To address your concerns, I have modified rule 1,4, 13, 15, and 21. I believe you will be pleased with the changes: https://www.nairaland.com/1026/nairaland-forum-rules-regulations

This rules are not as new as many people think. They are essentially the rules we have been enforcing all along, but they have been expressed in a more compact form to encourage you to actually read them. I created the 1st draft on the 7th of April and my fellow moderators gave me a lot of feedback which I incorporated into the rules before publishing them yesterday.

Rule 17 is the most controversial rule because it sounds unfair. My fellow moderators have debated this rule at length and it could not be changed. We cannot extend the prohibition against offence to other religions because that limits your freedom of speech, and we cannot remove that rule without jeopardizing security and the safety of lives. Sorry about this.

Best regards,
Seun Osewa.
I must say am disappointed, because what is good for Bala is also good for Bulus.

26 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by DeHero1: 7:10am On May 09, 2013
wisdom13: REVEALED MTN MAGIC SIM PACKAGE – BROWSING WITH NO LIMITATION FOR ONLY N1000

VISIT http://thegatheringofovercomersministry./

Wetin be this again? People sha.... undecided

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Ishilove: 7:10am On May 09, 2013
Seun: My Fellow Nairaland Members,

Rule 17 is the most controversial rule because it sounds unfair. My fellow moderators have debated this rule at length and it could not be changed. We cannot extend the prohibition against offence to other religions because that limits your freedom of speech, and we cannot remove that rule without jeopardizing security and the safety of lives. Sorry about this.

Best regards,
Seun Osewa.
So freedom of speech equals bash christianity? So freedom of speech does not extend to Islam but it extends to Christianity? So people are free to blaspheme and make a mockery of christianity all in the bloody name of freedom of speech? I am deeply offended by this Seun, and your curt 'sorry' does not change the fact that you are dishearteningly biased.

83 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Paschal007: 7:11am On May 09, 2013
Seun: Rule 17 is the most controversial rule because it sounds unfair. My fellow moderators have debated this rule at length and it could not be changed. We cannot extend the prohibition against offence to other religions because that limits your freedom of speech, and we cannot remove that rule without jeopardizing security and the safety of lives. Sorry about this.

Best regards,
Seun Osewa.
Lol, you trying to be coçky? Prohibition against offense to islam doesn't limit our freedom of speech? It's rather unfortunate that you got intimidated by muslims violence. Oya Seun, tell us the truth. Me thinks there's a fatwa hanging over your head. grin

36 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by redcliff: 7:11am On May 09, 2013
Seun should first take it off the 'post new comment/topic' page first abeg.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 7:11am On May 09, 2013
Seun:

Best regards,
Seun Osewa.

Seun making very poor excuses for rule 17

It's alright to diss other religions- But Islam? There are security concerns...

Security concerns to who Seun?

"What's behind those Ray Bans? Eyes of a Coward, I understand"

13 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 7:11am On May 09, 2013
I guess rule 17 is about giving atheists the opportunity to dig it out with Christians.

More traffic things.

Please let's know the penalty for breaking each of the rules, so your dictator mods don't capitalize on it and ban us till 2050

17 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Seun(m): 7:11am On May 09, 2013
calm9090: And rule 17?

freechat: I must say am disappointed.

I am very sorry about this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by mike404(m): 7:11am On May 09, 2013
Sir kindly change rule 17 or you remove it entirely cuz nigeria is a circular state not an Islamic republic...And you should apologize to all nairalanders for this unholy act of yours angry

66 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19)

Brain Teaser: Guess The Country Names From The Pictures Below / How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy / Chad Troops In Nigerian Town For Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.