Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland - Nairaland / General (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland (21974 Views)

Concerning Our Catastrophic Loss Of Your Valuable Data / Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? / Golden Rules Of Life To Be Considered In 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Go Down)

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by funkymedina: 8:43am On May 09, 2013
Instead of complaining of rule 17 , what should we do ? This is such an insult and blatant disregard for all non muslims members ...its unbelieveable!!
should we have a boycott of nairaland for 3 days? lets choose 3 days and dont come her at all. Let the moslems alone come here and provide revenue for Seun

Should we ddos this damn site n shut it down smiley and show Seun terrorist exists everywhere.

stop talking ..and lets do something ...
[size=16pt][/size]

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Jhulyan(m): 8:43am On May 09, 2013
Dear Seun Osewa are you a Muslim?
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 8:43am On May 09, 2013
21 makes no sense at all... people should be free to post in whatever way/language/or tense they want. In fact reading through some posts written in pidin-English here cracks me up big time!

And for rule 17... Oga Seun Osewa biko "Don't post anything that could be considered offensive to Islam religion, especially in the muslim religion section." makes far more sense.

I agree that people shouldn't post offensive stuffs. However You shouldn't forget that part of the reason why this site is so much fun is the freedom of speech that users have...

3 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Dumkele1: 8:43am On May 09, 2013
Seun:
It limits your freedom of speech. We do not want to limit your freedom of speech unless there is a very serious reason to do so.
Mr Seun,with all due respect,how does amending the rule to include other religions limit our freedom of speech. Besides if u can put a ban on blasphemy against one religion u should also put a ban on posting offensive comments when it comes to gender issues too

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 8:43am On May 09, 2013
Maclatunji come here, how dare put a fatwa on your oga's head?

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 8:44am On May 09, 2013
In regards to rule 21, Seun you could have simply say people of certain age are not allowed on Nairaland.

The 'Indomie Generation' are not that verse in 'correct and sound' English but Pidgin. The rule will definitely shut them out.

On Rule 17, my fellow Christians had already said it. Biased..!

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 8:44am On May 09, 2013
Please how do one deactivate account on this site?Google it and saw so many post of this same issue but in all the post no one seems to have an idea.Seems it is a matter of join freely but can't leave without us saying so. Seun/moderator if it is something you can do at your end, I would appreciate if you deactivate my account ASAP. Thanks and remain blessed.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Aderupoko2: 8:44am On May 09, 2013
Seun,give your life to Christ FULLY

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Toonice(m): 8:44am On May 09, 2013
Noted, thank God i hv been allowed to reply. seun carry go jare
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 8:46am On May 09, 2013
Seun, all because there is no competition abi...

The competition may have been born on this Momentous day!!!

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 8:46am On May 09, 2013
Seun: My Fellow Nairaland Members,

Your mixed reactions to the "new" rules have not gone unnoticed. While most people actually liked them, many people had one complaint or the other. To address your concerns, I have modified rules 1,4, 13, 15, and 21. I believe you will be pleased with the changes: https://www.nairaland.com/1026/nairaland-forum-rules-regulations

These rules are not as new as many people think. They are essentially the rules we have been enforcing all along, but they have been expressed in a more compact form to encourage you to actually read them. I created the 1st draft on the 7th of April and my fellow moderators gave me a lot of feedback which I incorporated into the rules before publishing them yesterday.

Rule 17 is the most controversial rule because it sounds unfair. My fellow moderators have debated this rule at length and it could not be changed. We cannot extend the prohibition against offence to other religions because that limits your freedom of speech, and we cannot remove that rule without jeopardizing security and the safety of lives. Sorry about this.

Best regards,
Seun Osewa.
Seems you are a muslim and am very disappointed you can't enforce rule 17 in the Christianity section.

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by oluomad(m): 8:46am On May 09, 2013
chlowi:

YOU MUST REALLY THINK WE ARE STUPID !!!

If NL has One million members, 800000 are christians, 100000 are muslims, anoda 100000 are oher religions!

Imagine when anoda forum comes up and gives we christians a compfortable rule just as NL gave muslim!

And u thnk dat NL will still be generating traffic? D traffic will simply lessen and thereby lessen suens biz!
All dese advertisers who are advertising dia biz will hav to pause cos of dwindling traffic! And so seun, for d purpose of uur biznex, pls Modify rule 17!!

How would Seun feel when he starts losing traffic?
I know of a forum dat started 2009, now it has 1million members{I won't call d name}. Seun, do u know that all dese ads on ur blog are not for fun, people patronise them and how would u feel when ur traffic starts lessening?

D down faall of a great forum starts by one person refusing to enta NL! From one to 100! Before u knw whatsup, its 1k, from there its 100k members lost!

For d sake of ur biz, if u continue with this rule 17, believe me that I can't stand atheists insulting my God and when I throw banters @ muslims I get banned!!!

If that happens, no more NL! There are many forums begging for traffic, we all can defect to those forums!

I hope u consider this my advice and advise urself!!

In a thn like dis, u consider d voice of d masses and not ur workers{mods}

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by batstan(m): 8:47am On May 09, 2013
cowardice @ it's peak!!!!!! cool

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by crosart(m): 8:47am On May 09, 2013
Dame! Can't believe dis, it took me tym 2 reg wit dis forum..am jst a week old, bt with dis rule 17, mehn am out, I tot forums lyk ds r known for der un bias and balanced remarks, dude we in democracy we shud hv d right 2say our minds. AM OUT

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by devour129: 8:47am On May 09, 2013
mike404: Sir kindly change rule 17 or you remove it entirely cuz nigeria is a circular state not an Islamic republic...And you should apologize to all nairalanders for this unholy act of yours angry
this particular pisses me off.was so bitter yesterday ,doubt I will be coming here as often as before.i know tiny me don't matter .note that the person(s) that advised you to follow this path hates and has plans to open a more matured forum where members can give and take shit in return

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Psylas(m): 8:47am On May 09, 2013
Debroslink: 17. Don't post anything that could be considered offensive to Islam, especially in the muslim section.

How about effecting this rule on all religions especially Christianity? I'm so disappointed in you Seun
accpt it or leave it! Allahu akber

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by wallosky: 8:47am On May 09, 2013
My comment is just on the 17th rule, why limiting the rule to only Islam, are you saying that we can post something offensive about Christianity and other belief .....

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by naptu2: 8:47am On May 09, 2013
Since the main debate in this thread is about rule 17, it would be on topic for me to provide background to the origins of rule 17.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by OCTAVO: 8:47am On May 09, 2013
lateef4me: Bleep mohammed,
Bleep Anobi
Bleep muslim jihadists
Bleep moslems all over the world
Destruction awaits you ,these motherfucker terrorists !!!
Oh yeah?
Lez go there grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Damon03(m): 8:48am On May 09, 2013
lorladeh: Why must people complain about everything? Seun, I think the best way to modify rule 17 is to say something like: "Don't make insulting comments about any religion". You have a right to your opinion, but we believe your opinions can be expressed without being insulting.

Thanks

Finally, someone with a brain

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by OCTAVO: 8:49am On May 09, 2013
Jhulyan: Dear Seun Osewa are you a Muslim?
Mukina2 is a muslim grin grin grin
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 8:50am On May 09, 2013
With all the killings and bombing of churches and Christians by the barbarians, someone is telling me to SHUT up in a cyberspace.( the only voice I had to cry out).

More than 60 Christians died in a bomb blast in a luxury park up north detonated by Boko HAram, a militant wing for a PEACEFUL deity. No compensation and condolence but in an executive fiat, the proponents of Jihad is erecting an Islamic school in that particular spot and this happening in less than a month of that carnage. The blood of innocent CHristians is what the thirsty deity need to survive in order to promote peace among his adherents.

Now in the face of all this, someone is telling me to SHUT up and sulk.

4 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by TeenageMoney(m): 8:50am On May 09, 2013
Those Mods should ban The Op.

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by freecocoa(f): 8:50am On May 09, 2013
Seriously now, do you people want seun dead? Make una pity am na.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 8:50am On May 09, 2013
Let all christian stop coming online and we will see how much revenue the Muslims generate for Seun. Moreover i think it's time Nairaland get some competition.

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by babseg(m): 8:51am On May 09, 2013
Regarding rule 21. May be na international terrorist terrorising Seun and they cant read or understand pidgin. Si they had to force Seun to include rule 21.

My advise - just remove religion section from nld at least its not bringing money to your pocket but only insult.

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Psylas(m): 8:51am On May 09, 2013
For example: when we say ''Jesus is Lord'' hope y knw its offensive to islam?!
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by TeenageMoney(m): 8:51am On May 09, 2013
Psylas: accpt it or leave it! Allahu akber

Akpamu

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by gothrones(m): 8:52am On May 09, 2013
Since Seun has decided to sew his lips to the buttocks of those peace loving Muslims, I have decided to sign out of Nairaland for a week. If by then he hasn't detached his lips, I'll relegate myself to the bench and join non-posters association of NL. The people who made--and still make--NL successful are the posters. No posts, no NL. See you lovely folks in one week..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19)

How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy / Brain Teaser: Guess The Country Names From The Pictures Below / Chad Troops In Nigerian Town For Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.