Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland (21973 Views)

Concerning Our Catastrophic Loss Of Your Valuable Data / Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? / Golden Rules Of Life To Be Considered In 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Go Down)

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by babseg(m): 8:33am On May 09, 2013
laylow001: This is so ridiculous,it is very egbamecious and concobility.Infact it is karakaious and ebamecious.The oblongata of the rule 17 is marabugous and elephantatiscious,and rule number 21.Are you kidding us?That is magaropus of the highest order.It is catastrophe grade and it is against the code of rule law.Seun you are by jejuned and diaperised..

Remember rule 21
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 8:33am On May 09, 2013
I propose a solution: edit the forum header from 'Nairaland forum' to 'Nairaland - The Islamic Forum'. We wont complain again. #WePromise

4 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Ninapha(f): 8:34am On May 09, 2013
Seun:

I am very sorry about this.

Is Seun a muslim?

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 8:34am On May 09, 2013
Seun don't use your hand to spoil your website. You and your MODERATORS has banned me and I've regained my freedom on NAIRALAND. Your RULE 17 can't hold me. I'm waiting for a NEW TOPIC that requires me to talk about ISLAM.

4 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by gbame(m): 8:34am On May 09, 2013
From the SSA on Internet to President Seun of Nairaland Republic. "For those of you who don't like Rule 17, remember, all animals are equal, but some are . . . Well, I don't GIVE A DAMN!!!! Enough is enough! THREAD CLOSED".
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Gooogle(m): 8:35am On May 09, 2013
am me.:
@seun, All these rules will help pull u down in this business especially ur biased nature.

You know! am really interested in this aspect,its a critical business decision.It looks more like an emergent strategy than planned and I ll like to see his data in the next 6 months. I ve said it somewhere here before, we tend to think we have no competition and no one does it better than us. In an age of disruptive thinking, Seun would be so stunned when he wakes and realizes that someone is doing this better. There is no emotion in business, no normative thinking.It does not work in the long run.

4 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by olempe(m): 8:35am On May 09, 2013
Seun:
Rule 17 is the most controversial rule because it sounds unfair. My fellow moderators have debated this rule at length and it could not be changed. We cannot extend the prohibition against offence to other religions because that limits your freedom of speech, and [b]we cannot remove that rule without jeopardising security and the safety of lives.[b] Sorry about this.

Best regards,
Seun Osewa.

I think some islamic bastards have threatened to kill Seun if he dare remove the controversial rule 17, if not why would he say it can't be removed for [b]security and safety of lives[b] reasons.

This clearly proves what islam is; religion of blood.

No kidding!

5 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by elbinmanny(m): 8:36am On May 09, 2013
Rule 17 is the most controversial rule because it sounds unfair. My fellow moderators have debated this rule at length and it could not be changed. We cannot extend the prohibition against offence to other religions because that limits your freedom of speech, and we cannot remove that rule without jeopardizing security and the safety of lives. Sorry about this.

Best regards,
Seun Osewa.

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Freewilly(f): 8:36am On May 09, 2013
Just maybe seun and mukina are getting married and mukina forced him to convert to Islam.

People pls go easy on seun.

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 8:37am On May 09, 2013
gbame: From the SSA on Internet to President Seun of Nairaland Republic. "For those of you who don't like Rule 17, remember, all animals are equal, but some are . . . Well, I don't GIVE A DAMN!!!! Enough is enough! THREAD CLOSED".

You may address yourself and other muslims as ANIMALS but christians and others religions are NOT.

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by moneyhungry(m): 8:37am On May 09, 2013
ok. lets do a peaceful protest.
CLICK 'LIKE' IF YOU ARE AGAINST RULE-17.
#occupy-rule-17#

9 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Chinks(m): 8:37am On May 09, 2013
Abuja4sale: Dear All,
I want to appeal to All especially the Christians to exercise patience with Seun Osewa on Rule 17; (17. Don't post anything that could be considered offensive to Islam, especially in the muslim section). I came from a muslim background and one of the major discrepancy between Christianity and Islam is that the former is founded on this "Followers are not to assist their God as He is too powerful to need human assistant" while the later believed "Followers are encourage to fight in order to defend their God"

So with the above analyzes, there is no writing, painting or cartooning of Jesus in any kinds can never provoke a genuine. christian, because his foundation is rooted in 'my God will fight for Himself' but for my beloved Muslims; the reverse is the case. Again, I have never seen a genuine Muslim in support of what Boko Harams are doing to our nation. As majority in my family are muslims and we live in togetherness as one.

So with this understanding, we should love our muslims brethren and abide with Rule 17. This I believed is one of the sacrifices we (Nairalanders) must lived with in order to make our nation the better place in the world. Let us abide and respect the 'weakness' of other religion in the above Rule 17.

Please note; this is my personal opinion. May the genuine love of God reign forever in our hearts.
may GOD ALMIGHTY bless u (abuja4sale) for dis wondaful insight.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by DTruSon(m): 8:37am On May 09, 2013
Ishilove:
So freedom of speech equals bash christianity? So freedom of speech does not extend to Islam but it extends to Christianity? So people are free to blaspheme and make a mockery of christianity all in the bloody name of freedom of speech? I am deeply offended by this Seun, and your curt 'sorry' does not change the fact that you are dishearteningly biased.

3 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Donmichaelz(m): 8:37am On May 09, 2013
ISLAM-LAND nt NAIRALAND
...if anybody insult ma faith (Christianity) i dnt mind using 10MB insult him/her religion... (Bleep) seun new rules and if you like dem (Bleep) you too..

4 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by luvinhubby(m): 8:38am On May 09, 2013
From what i sense on this thread, i smell a christian boycott of Nairaland, and Seun that can be very very RISKY.
angry

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Paschal007: 8:38am On May 09, 2013
raqueal:

Are there terrorists on nairaland?Are you or any of your moderators under terrorist attack by these people you seek to protect? Has your family members been taken as hostages in case you don't give in to their demands? Is nairaland under threat? Is there a database in your custody that contains sensitive information about nairaland members which could further reveal our identities? Are these terrorists privy to that knowledge and willing to attack and wipe us all out?

Your post reek of fear. Make us understand the exact nature of the threat we face if you accord christianity the same benefit you accord islam. Thanks
Code red! Code red!! Code red!!!

Nairaland is under terrorist attack. I repeat Nairaland is under terrorist attack. We request for backup! Over and out. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 8:38am On May 09, 2013
Rule 17 shows clearly that seun and his mods are afraid of muslims because they are violent(i dont know his religion though). He is not afraid of christians and other religions simply because they are not violent and fight mainly thru prayers ("my God will fight for me and himself" type of attitude). He doesnt want muslims to start an e-war with his website!!

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Donmichaelz(m): 8:39am On May 09, 2013
ISLAM-LAND nt NAIRALAND
...if anybody insult ma faith (Christianity) i dnt mind using 10MB insult him/her religion... (Fúçk) seun new rules and if you like dem (F.ù.ç.k) you too..

4 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Coleworld: 8:40am On May 09, 2013
Banned me if you want, i dont give a mother fukk,

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 8:40am On May 09, 2013
OCTAVO: Saeun, you've only given some people the chance to go against your rule by creating them.
[size=20pt]An average Nigerian is a law breaker![/size]
grin grin grin
Humour me
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 8:40am On May 09, 2013
HEAD SHOT!

hahahaha...my gif got deleted.....JUST SAY UR BROKE AS**S** IS RUNNING OUT OF SERVER SPACE.....SELFISH AS*S*HOLE
Moslem rule nairaland islamland..

Kindly rename the forumto Mecca or islamland

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 8:41am On May 09, 2013
tumababa: Rule 17 shows clearly that seun and his mods are afraid of muslims because they are violent(i dont know his religion though). He is not afraid of christians and other religions simply because they are not violent and fight mainly thru prayers ("my God will fight for me" type of attitude). He doesnt want muslims to start an e-war with his website!!

He doesn't have one. That is the problem.

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 8:41am On May 09, 2013
I'm still angry seeing this rule pop-up when am making comments. Seun, so you're part of the people trying to islamise Nigeria? Christianity, Budhism etc has no fair share of freedom of speech? So only the Muslims are free of attacks? You were once begging for people to check out your site, now you're here with unending rules. I don't think its wrong if I want to make comments in Pidgin english, Edo house of assembly uses pidgin as language of communication during sessions. So why you would you limit that? Secondly, I still don't know why you don't have a mobile app for your site? Abi na template you go buy? Seun, take your time, I repeat, take your time.

1 Like

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by lorladeh(f): 8:41am On May 09, 2013
Why must people complain about everything? Seun, I think the best way to modify rule 17 is to say something like: "Don't make insulting comments about any religion". You have a right to your opinion, but we believe your opinions can be expressed without being insulting.

Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by pek(m): 8:41am On May 09, 2013
Seun, i used to think that you are intelligent. Now i know better. Your rule 17 clearly shows you are a religious bigot. I am sure you didnt read your rules very well. If you did, you would have noticed that you have broken rule 3 and 7.

3 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by holakunle(m): 8:41am On May 09, 2013
Seun, kindly advise on how I can unsubscribe/delete my account on nairaland.

3 Likes

Mr Seun, you have still not balance it. Don't sound partial by protecting only Islam. The two major religions
in Nigeria we all know are Christianity and Islam. Please revisit rule 17, let immunity cover all or no immunity for any.

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Ezeebube2(m): 8:41am On May 09, 2013
nna eh, from now on, na pidgin things until deactivate botton is introduced. My papa no b Americana neither is my mama 4rm Britain.

Wey dat Aboki room dey sef? Mtchwww

2 Likes

Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by Nobody: 8:42am On May 09, 2013
[quote author=Chinks][/quote] thanks chinks. I love your post. But please, we don't need a personal opinion - that should be in your heart not on the net. We need a GENERAL OPINION.
Re: Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland by floriana(m): 8:42am On May 09, 2013
Seun,

I have a suggestion for you:

1 Make Islam section a 'No post zone'
2 Deactivate the post button there
3 Get MacLatunji to recruit fresh set of boko boys who are then granted special posting rights that will only glorify the evil religion
4. I heard you are planning to get married soon. Take Imam Abubakar Shekau's daughter as a wife and be forever guaranteed full boko protection

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19)

How Can I Stop Being Soft Hearted As A Guy / Brain Teaser: Guess The Country Names From The Pictures Below / Chad Troops In Nigerian Town For Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.