Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,634 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap (25295 Views)

MTN Blackberry Data Cap Clearly Defined / Best Blackberry Data Plan In Nigeria: Which Network? / Code For Checking Airtel Blackberry Data Usage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by babarazy: 6:20am On May 12, 2013
Obiagelli: Glo dey craze, you can't download more than 15mb at once of Glo bis. Bastard pple
that's not true.
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by luluosas(m): 6:23am On May 12, 2013
booqee: why dem no go return am?? When their subscribers don they port.
Their customers were porting to other network fast fast, that's why they change their mind.
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by luluosas(m): 6:26am On May 12, 2013
Unique!:
Silly glo. Just when I was about to port out.

For those asking whether they can use their subscription on pc or not, the answer is yes. I've been doing this for @3months now, one of the reasons I've stayed with them despite the slash in data cap. Besides that it's pretty stable in my area
Please, tell us how you did yours. Thank you.
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by luluosas(m): 6:30am On May 12, 2013
Wadosky: Their website says unlimited
But, there's a Fair Usage you removed your eyes from. Anyway, this is what I saw on glo website now. www.gloworld.com/blackberry.asp

Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by Nobody: 8:05am On May 12, 2013
12 inches!:

Mumu...Keeep living in the past. I used to be one of those that praise MTN BIS till kingdom come till I discovered Etisalat BIS thanks to jonesin on this forum. 1k for one month. Unlimited data and the network is usually good and fast in my house and office. But to does android pple wanting etisalat bis to work on their androids u jackasses shud knw that it's BIS - Blackberry Internet Service not AIS- android internet service. Make una beg google make dem start their own tooo. *tongue out*

mtn bis na d best bro. think tethering
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by Nobody: 8:08am On May 12, 2013
adorabletun:

etisalat would only work on android if you connect using mobile hotspot from your blackbery. Glo really sucks tongue

etisalat work on android using set dns
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by Nobody: 8:09am On May 12, 2013
samir101ng: Glo Bleep up big time now. Have already migrated my BIS subscription to Airtel. Have been using glo BIS for over 2yrs but when they reduced the caps, I saw no need for staying with them as Airtel has 3G service in Yola. Been streaming videos and downloading apps & songs faster since. Might check back sha after the expiry of the subscription. Am sure Glo saw a massive reduction in their BIS subscriptions & superior competition form Etisalat & Airtel. Competition good o.

airtel bis is d worst. due to d data
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by hisableplc(m): 8:22am On May 12, 2013
Browse with glo on pc android tablet unltd for more detail check [url] https://www.nairaland.com/1263742/browse-unlimited-24-7-1 [/url]
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by Jeffy1206(m): 8:22am On May 12, 2013
patmaine:

airtel bis is d worst. due to d data
i hate airtel.3.75g my foot. cnt even stream. pls if glo de work make una share am na!!
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by Nobody: 9:00am On May 12, 2013
I'm having challenges browsing with my bb. The page loads, but nothing shows. I've only experienced this when I'm on Nairaland. Been like this now for the past 1 week. I'm on my pc now. Could someone help me out how to correct this.

For those asking how to use their bb subscription on pc, it was my husband that did the settings for me, I'm not a tech person. He said to download pc suite bb desktop manager, then connect using your bb as modem.

*Modified*
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by respectment(m): 9:15am On May 12, 2013
Please which of the blackberry plans on MTN can I use to watch youtube's free. I can't do it with BBC which is N1000, but can MTN BIS N1500 be used to watch youtube free of charge.
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by sleekcm(m): 9:24am On May 12, 2013
Glo 1 day BB access: text CoDay to 777 cost #100.

All the data caps now show unlimited with fair usage added.
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by sleekcm(m): 9:29am On May 12, 2013
For those asking of how to use glo bis on pc. Install bb desktop manager on your pc and configure the setting to blackberry.net. Connect and surf. That simple.

Someone should confirm if the data cap has really been upgraded to unlimited. If you subscribed between yesterday and this morning, kindly text STATUS to 777 to check the data balance. Please someone should do this and get back to the house.
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by Nobody: 9:38am On May 12, 2013
^^^ Correct! Been enjoying this for a while now.

I'd like to know if same could be done for Etisalat BIS?
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by sleekcm(m): 10:04am On May 12, 2013
Unique!:
^^^ Correct! Been enjoying this for a while now.

I'd like to know if same could be done for Etisalat BIS?

You would have to try it. I don't use Etisalat.
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by Frostyzone(m): 11:11am On May 12, 2013
respectment: Please which of the blackberry plans on MTN can I use to watch youtube's free. I can't do it with BBC which is N1000, but can MTN BIS N1500 be used to watch youtube free of charge.

Your post doesn't make a lot of sense. I use mtn BBCWEEK which is 500 naira and stream YouTube videos just fine. And what did you meant by free of charge?
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by henet: 11:27am On May 12, 2013
pls why ar u guz disturbing urself so much wid dis bb stuf. I hav been flexing 4 ova 2months wid my mtn @ zero naira. Unlimited download, liv streaming, utub, aljazeera etc. My fren did it 4 me 4 jus 2k. It wok on bod pc n phons
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by luluosas(m): 11:33am On May 12, 2013
sleekcm: Glo 1 day BB access: text CoDay to 777 cost #100.

All the data caps now show unlimited with fair usage added.
But Glo does not avertised one day BB plan on their network na.
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by k2kay(m): 11:46am On May 12, 2013
Accessed their site earlier and the data plans are still capped so am confused about all this talk of unlimited plan

Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by matos(m): 12:08pm On May 12, 2013
respectment: Please which of the blackberry plans on MTN can I use to watch youtube's free. I can't do it with BBC which is N1000, but can MTN BIS N1500 be used to watch youtube free of charge.

Yes you can stream on MTN BIS I am using it even with my credit intact. Live streaming unlimited.
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by sleekcm(m): 1:07pm On May 12, 2013
luluosas:
But Glo does not avertised one day BB plan on their network na.

Use this link to put your doubts to rest. (www.gloworld.com/bbcomplete.asp)
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by sleekcm(m): 1:08pm On May 12, 2013
k2kay: Accessed their site earlier and the data plans are still capped so am confused about all this talk of unlimited plan

Doubt if you accessed the right site. Here is the link - www.gloworld.com/bbcomplete.asp
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by Frostyzone(m): 2:36pm On May 12, 2013
Glo BB plans are unlimited with fair usage policy which sucks.

This is how it works; if you exceed the 3gig data, the fair usage policy will automatically kick in. You will continue to browse and download just like before but with 2g speed even if you are using the 3g network. The speed can be so exceedingly slow and frustrating for heavy downloaders that are used to doing-the-deeds in much faster 3g network.

So my advice; Stick with MTN bis, which is truly unlimited with the right tweaks. Or Etisalat if you own a blackberry phone, or even Airtel which are atleast honest on their bis, which isn't unlimited(not even close) but works on every device without any tweaking whatsoever.

Glo Sucks.
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by k2kay(m): 2:40pm On May 12, 2013
sleekcm:

Doubt if you accessed the right site. Here is the link - www.gloworld.com/bbcomplete.asp
noted....will find out how true when i resubscribe.
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by k2kay(m): 2:47pm On May 12, 2013
sleekcm: For those asking of how to use glo bis on pc. Install bb desktop manager on your pc and configure the setting to blackberry.net. Connect and surf. That simple.

Someone should confirm if the data cap has really been upgraded to unlimited. If you subscribed between yesterday and this morning, kindly text STATUS to 777 to check the data balance. Please someone should do this and get back to the house.
yea i think connecting and surfing via bb desktop manager is allowed on glo

Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by tall2ce(m): 3:31pm On May 12, 2013
Etisalat na him make sense pass unlimited bbc plans +1000 fee as subscriptiom
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by eddeisel: 8:20pm On May 12, 2013
Me sef don port go Etisalat since. I called Glo customer care, and when they couldn't give me a valid explanation why the reduced their data bundle from 3G to 1G while maintaining the same amount paid for the package, the bitch hung up. But before hanging up, started pretending as if the line wasn't clear anymore. Etisalat na the way now, constanct 3G connection plus unlimited downloads. Not going back to Glo for anything.
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by dgb4(m): 8:22am On May 13, 2013
oh yes, and they also improved on the speed and connectivity.

no much disconnections now! dem don see competition naa
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by davidoisamoje: 9:12am On May 13, 2013
patmaine:

etisalat work on android using set dns
pls let us know how U did it
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by k2kay(m): 9:42am On May 13, 2013
glo comonth is not unlimited.i renewed this morning and the first message i got on subscribing was unlimited and no data was specified buh when i checked the status it read;
dear subscriber, your plan comonth with 3071mb will expire on 12/06/2013 blah blah blah angry angry
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by waleski(m): 12:38pm On May 13, 2013
The day the porting process completed was the day they reversed their data cap plans, they also called me that they were taking a survey and asked why I ported, told them that they messed up and should not have reduced d data cap cause I only use glo for the bis, and I am now where I belong just to rub it in more, bloddy wankers, in 3 months time they shuld have reduced their 1400 to 1k den I will port back to glo shikena
Re: Glo Returned Blackberry Data Volume To The Old Cap by luluosas(m): 12:55pm On May 13, 2013
waleski: The day the porting process completed was the day they reversed their data cap plans, they also called me that they were taking a survey and asked why I ported, told them that they messed up and should not have reduced d data cap cause I only use glo for the bis, and I am now where I belong just to rub it in more, bloddy wankers, in 3 months time they shuld have reduced their 1400 to 1k den I will port back to glo shikena
You see, this mistake was too costly for Glo to have ever make. I am sure they are now regretting it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wiko Slide 2 Review and Thoughts / Evolution Of Telephones In Nigeria (pictures) / 4 Extremely Useful Android Apps You Can't Find On The Playstore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.