Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) (32581 Views)

Pastor Celebrates With Traditional Masquerade Spirit / Wole Soyinka On Traditionalism / Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by HerexG(m): 11:42pm On May 13, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

the pope did all that in the name of your God. not only him.millions of evil men like him did it in the name of your God. there is certianly something wrong with your God, for only your abrahamist gods are capable of invoking such violence. they have an evil aura around them. if your God is true, he wouldve prevented such attrociites in his name.

I KNEW YOU ARE IGBO! TRAITOR! angry

People who use the name of the one and the only true God to practise evil and selfish gains have a greer cross to bear. But it doesn't change the fact that our God still remains the one and only true God anyway.

Just because i'm a follower of Christ does make me an Igbo traitor
I want my black race to come out of the bondage and darkness we are in. I still remain truly African but not with my thinking and faith.
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:51pm On May 13, 2013
HerexG :

People who use the name of the one and the only true God to practise evil and selfish gains have a greer cross to bear. But it doesn't change the fact that our God still remains the one and only true God anyway.

Just because i'm a follower of Christ does make me an Igbo traitor
I want my black race to come out of the bondage and darkness we are in. I still remain truly African but not with my thinking and faith.

just your saying that doesnt make it true. we need facts and proofs why your god is better than my GODS.

as far as i know, your god is a mass-genocidal killer, likes to killl babies, steal hard-earned money , destroy cultures, and countless other such things.

YOU ARE AN IGBO TRAITOR.

1) stop being racist. we are discussing Igbos here. not skin colour.

2) If you want them to come out of bondage, dont just talk. set an example and convert to Traditional Religion. be the one to take an initiative. educate your people. dont just talk tall things.

3) You are not an Igbo. your brain is that of a species of animal called "heebo". you are an unwanted jew who is denied israeli paspport. you are also a wannabe.
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:54pm On May 13, 2013
HerexG :

You gave anyman an ordasity to kill even your dumb god, can they even produce a single hair on the body. Do you think the law makes people act right, , these criminals knows quite alright the penalty of their crimes and yet they still do it. My their friend crime is a thing of the mind and it can be conditioned out of the mind without killing or jungle justice

yes but your irreligion encourages criminals by your cheezy tactics to gain converts. btw do you know why crime rate in Saudi Arabia is at an all time lowest

go figure Sherlock.
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by HerexG(m): 12:01am On May 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

just your saying that doesnt make it true. we need facts and proofs why your god is better than my GODS.

as far as i know, your god is a mass-genocidal killer, likes to killl babies, steal hard-earned money , destroy cultures, and countless other such things.

YOU ARE AN IGBO TRAITOR.

1) stop being racist. we are discussing Igbos here. not skin colour.

2) If you want them to come out of bondage, dont just talk. set an example and convert to Traditional Religion. be the one to take an initiative. educate your people. dont just talk tall things.

3) You are not an Igbo. your brain is that of a species of animal called "heebo". you are an unwanted jew who is denied israeli paspport. you are also a wannabe.

I'm no Jew but an original Igbo man.
Just because my faith did'nt originates from my tribe doesn't mean it is a false faith. Christianity is a faith of love and if my people can practise the true faith, we won't be where we are now.
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by HerexG(m): 12:05am On May 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

yes but your irreligion encourages criminals by your cheezy tactics to gain converts. btw do you know why crime rate in Saudi Arabia is at an all time lowest

go figure Sherlock.

But it this same people that sponsor and nurture people to carrying bomb destroying innocent people and the world
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:13am On May 14, 2013
HerexG :

I'm no Jew but an original Igbo man.
Just because my faith did'nt originates from my tribe doesn't mean it is a false faith. Christianity is a faith of love and if my people can practise the true faith, we won't be where we are now.

faith of love. love is emotion. emotion is temptation. temptation leads to crime.

where exactly are you now
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:14am On May 14, 2013
HerexG :

But it this same people that sponsor and nurture people to carrying bomb destroying innocent people and the world

they may sponsor destruction in other countries but look at their own country. have you ever wondered why there is so less crime there? its because of their harsh laws to crackdown on crime. people are scared to commit crime there. unlike christianity that breeds criminals and spawns crime.
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by Nobody: 2:27am On May 14, 2013
Cultured and traditional African legend, unlike the other empty ones.

Nice pic.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by Nobody: 4:46am On May 14, 2013
sexkillz: Roman catholicism is false. Apostasy sprang up in the first century C.E after the death of the last apostle of Christ. The deviation from true Christianity started then and has been worse since then. The catholic church has been lying for centuries. . .

You guys need to be educated.

Again with such unintelligent display.

If the catholic church is false, christianity is false.

You do realise that the very bible you use was compiled by the catholics? No one knows what thye added or left out.

Catholic church remains the oldest christian denomination.

Thanks again for showing that christianity is false.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by frederal(m): 5:06am On May 14, 2013
It seems some people don't know the difference between God and god. Be careful!
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by Nobody: 5:10am On May 14, 2013
frederal: It seems some people don't know the difference between God and god. Be careful!

No difference.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by HerexG(m): 6:18am On May 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

they may sponsor destruction in other countries but look at their own country. have you ever wondered why there is so less crime there? its because of their harsh laws to crackdown on crime. people are scared to commit crime there. unlike christianity that breeds criminals and spawns crime.

Far from it bro, it is not the Saudi arabian law that is keeping them from crime, let me educate you man
The Saudi arabia depopulated country that is they have a minimal population which their resources and wealth can carry quite comfortably .
He or Her citizens enjoys the basic necessities of life (food, light, comfortable shelter, social amenities, job, world class health care etc )
So tell me why these people will indulge themselves into crimes
Any man who will indulge himself into stealing over there is definately suffering from Cleftomania
Why is Pakistan, Iran and iraq not the same as Saudi, my brother the difference is clear
And this why they so dumb that they don't know where to put their excess resources but to support crimes and destruction of the world and innocence people in the name of their sterile religion

Who would love to be called or linked with criminality
Do you think my people love crimes so much, it is because they don't have
If you like bringing your forsaken sharia law into this land it won't work we will just end up amputating, dis figuring and kill our people just for nothing , because they will still steal with their remaining one arm.
The law cannot subject one to overrule his survival instinct.
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by Nobody: 6:26am On May 14, 2013
sexkillz: Dumb, deaf, blind, lame pieces of carvings. . . Eyes they have but they cannot see. Ears they have but cannot hear. Mouths they have but they cannot speak. Inanimate objects that'll need the help of mere man before it moves.

I see soyinka sitting among carvings. . . Very fine art.

gOD
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by HerexG(m): 6:34am On May 14, 2013
Logicboy03:

Again with such unintelligent display.

If the catholic church is false, christianity is false.

You do realise that the very bible you use was compiled by the catholics? No one knows what thye added or left out.

Catholic church remains the oldest christian denomination.

Thanks again for showing that christianity is false.

Before the Roman Catholic the gospel of Christ was
Catholic is not and i repeat not the first churches established
Remember Christ told (Cephas) Peter " Upon this rock, i will build my church" ( That's the meaning of Peter )
Paul and the rest of the apostles have been founding the churches all around Isreal
Not until Paul went to Rome to preach and introduced the gospel to them. A lot of Roman kings went against him not until the gospel finally prevailed that Constantine the then Emperor of the Romans welcomed and accept the faith.
I won't dispute the fact that the Romans used their power to give Christianity great organization and total spread worldwide
But the reason i don't go with them is that they included their home deity into Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by Nobody: 7:10am On May 14, 2013
HerexG :

Remember Christ told (Cephas) Peter " Upon this rock, i will build my church" ( That's the meaning of Peter )
Paul and the rest of the apostles have been founding the churches all around Isreal
Not until Paul went to Rome to preach and introduced the gospel to them. A lot of Roman kings went against him not until the gospel finally prevailed that Constantine the then Emperor of the Romans welcomed and accept the faith.
I won't dispute the fact that the Romans used their power to give Christianity great organization and total spread worldwide
But the reason i don't go with them is that they included their home deity into Christianity.

How do you know the gospel of christ?

The bible

Who compiled the bible?

Catholics

===================

Bros, chistianity is nothing without the catholic church.

Any non-catholic christian that says the catholic church is false i commiting hypocrisy and shooting himself in the foot

3 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by Olush1(m): 8:15am On May 14, 2013
Its a pity Nigerians have taken religion to a different level, else how does these lovely artworks translate to gods? The people who broght religion to these parts can pay their blood to buy works of art like these.
We should learn to dissipate our energies on productive activities, else we will remain this way: no progress, no common sense as a people, no creativity or appreciation of it, nothing!
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by Darkson007: 8:35am On May 14, 2013
Dyt: They look alike, d only thing I see is diff is he's wearin shirt/trousers/slippers while his frnd is naked
Btw, dats a statue
Idayatuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by Nobody: 8:57am On May 14, 2013
Too bad, nobody is saying anything about the title of this thread that has been changed. It should be addressed.
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by Nobody: 9:04am On May 14, 2013
Ola Johnson: Too bad, nobody is saying anything about the title of this thread that has been changed. It should be addressed.

What is wrong with the title?

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by vedaxcool(m): 9:16am On May 14, 2013
Isn't he trivializing the gods by a pose!
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by Nobody: 9:33am On May 14, 2013
sexkillz: Dumb, deaf, blind, lame pieces of carvings. . . Eyes they have but they cannot see. Ears they have but cannot hear. Mouths they have but they cannot speak. Inanimate objects that'll need the help of mere man before it moves.

think twice before you make your post next time, dont abuse great men

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by nmagirl(f): 10:07am On May 14, 2013

God bless u.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by Nobody: 10:08am On May 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

well you are not christian then. undecided

as a christian , you are supposed to worship these idols of men. the original christian church is the roman catholic church. so if you are not that you are not christian.

It is written in the bible and I qoute "You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth"
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:11am On May 14, 2013
vedaxcool: Isn't he trivializing the gods by a pose!

no we maintain a good relation with our Gods. our Gods are our friends, brothers ,sisters, fathers, mothers, protectors ,etc.
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:12am On May 14, 2013
gboss4sure:

It is written in the bible and I qoute "You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth"

do you think i give a sh!t what the bible says it is also said in the bible that we are descended from adam/eve and that the world was created in days. do you think im foolish enough to believe that
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:13am On May 14, 2013
Olush1: Its a pity Nigerians have taken religion to a different level, else how does these lovely artworks translate to gods? The people who broght religion to these parts can pay their blood to buy works of art like these.
We should learn to dissipate our energies on productive activities, else we will remain this way: no progress, no common sense as a people, no creativity or appreciation of it, nothing!

what do you mean to a different level. These idols were physical representatives of our Gods way before you xtians came in and took religion to a DIFFERENT LEVEL.
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by Dyt(f): 10:41am On May 14, 2013
Darkson007:
Idayatuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Stop screamin my name jor
I ll beat u oooo
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by jodam: 11:16am On May 14, 2013
HerexG :

SIMPLE, and thanks a lot//Pagan, all what I can read from u is trying to equal God and gods//I think sexkillz did educate you on that//You were talking about carvings in the church//Have you seen any earthly carvings besides the heavenly ones, like Obatala, Sango, Oranmiyan and the likes?
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by Symphony007: 12:27pm On May 14, 2013
HerexG :

What has that inanimate thing you see brought you, nothing but darkness and backwardness
Wake to reality this is the 21th century
exactly, you just exposing the abnormality with the black man. You consider your culture and heritage backward and the foreign one as the progressive 21st century style. The black man is it's greatest enermy, that is why we remain bottom of the world order.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Joshua Iginla Gives Whole Offering From His Crusade To Widows / Daddy Freeze & Rev Fr Kelvin Ugwu Clash Over Easter Teaching / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.