Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) (32585 Views)

Pastor Celebrates With Traditional Masquerade Spirit / Wole Soyinka On Traditionalism / Wole Soyinka Does Not Believe In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by Kaycee7(m): 12:42pm On May 14, 2013
I'm at a loss for words. I didn't realize so many people are this ignorant in Nigeria.
The Church is One, Holy, CATHOLIC and Apostolic.
To those who associate Catholicism and idolatory, we do not worship the images.
To he who does not believe GOD created d world in 6 days, I hope U visit ur gorilla relations regularly.
Wish there was time 2 write more.
May GOD have mercy on all of us who know not what we do. AMEN.
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by Kaycee7(m): 12:43pm On May 14, 2013
Sexkillz. Am disappointed in you.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by nnofaith: 1:34pm On May 14, 2013
HerexG :

Do you know Christ did'nt just died
He went through excruciating pains
" After being striped , He was flogged with whips with tongs and He bled.
His hands and legs were nailed,
and He bled
Stretching your two hands up in form of the cross for a long period of time, will call for the legs to support but in Christ situation the legs were already nailed
At this the ball and socket joints in the shoulder blade will have severe pressure and later rupture, this was the major reason Christ cried out loudly ( not forgetting His was in human form)
Before he finally died, the Romans brought big mass of wood to break his bones to confirm Him dead (but remember Prophet Isaiah said non of His bones will be broken) before He was hit with the wood He gave up "

Have you asked yourself why He has to go through all these or will go through all these in vain.
unfortunately he did
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by novicali: 2:26pm On May 14, 2013
Wole was one of the founding fathers of secret cults in the Nigerian Universities. He has done more harm than good to Nigerian children. Could you imagine Nigerian universities going on without the activities of cult sects?
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by Zither(m): 7:36pm On May 14, 2013
[b]PAGAN 9JA thinks God must assume a 'physical form' in order for His followers, unbelievers and skeptics to easily identify with Him just as his traditional gods appeal to his religious mind because of their ease of identification and relation. Man, God is a Spirit being. You cannot tag an image to Him because He is an Invisible God.

PAGAN 9JA has also attributed multifarious crimes to the personality of God. Now tell me, these acts of your so-called gods - authorizing the killing of adulterers, drowning of babies of illicit origin, the killing of scores of innocent parties in the traditional trial by ordeal, the mass destruction of villagers on the 'sin' of an individual, the ostracization of folks from their native communities, the sacrifice of virgins to appease the gods, the traditional practice of buring a ruler with the heads of young lads(a ritual which if ignored attracts the wrath of the gods)....and on..are they in sync with a just and forgiving god? I think the description aptly fits your traditional deities that can strike terror and destruction at will and without warning on a people who are still bound in darkness.

PAGAN 9JA has opined that a God who stands on the sidelines and watch destruction unfold on people is a wicked God. Well tell me, what has your god done to avert the throng of political and economic unrest that currently plagues the nation? At least we know God helped the Israelites, supernaturally fed them, clothed them, provided a place for them, fought for them...gave them military, financial, economic advice that stood them apart from other nations. What has your orisa done for the nation Nigeria? How has your god made a difference so that the Almighty God would pale in comparison? Give me the answers to this questions.....and more questions to come
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by ijeoma100: 11:25pm On May 14, 2013
novicali: Wole was one of the founding fathers of secret cults in the Nigerian Universities. He has done more harm than good to Nigerian children. Could you imagine Nigerian universities going on without the activities of cult sects?

Religious bigotry has...directly and indirectly...killed far many more Nigerians than any other forms of organised violence has in Nigeria. So, could you, novicali, imagine Nigeria going on without the activities of religious fundamentalism, unscrupulous religious leaders and misguided religious doctrine?

Or because all religious claim to worship God, should we castigate God?
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by tpia5: 11:56pm On May 14, 2013
^ i'm not following you.

The thread is about soyinka's gods, yet you're differentiating between religion and non-religion.

I assume your specific grouse is with the christian religion, since the original post features totems of a religion.
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by Nobody: 6:12am On May 15, 2013
novicali: Wole was one of the founding fathers of secret cults in the Nigerian Universities. He has done more harm than good to Nigerian children. Could you imagine Nigerian universities going on without the activities of cult sects?
You need to read about Pyrate Confraternity and the National Association of Seadogs. Your problem is the problem of most Nigerian youths. They don't read but only spread rumour and discuss football and sex.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by crisycent: 7:58am On May 15, 2013
HerexG :

The bible is the ultimate guide of the Christians faith, what chapter in the bible did they instructed us to hang any image on our wall or neck. The Roman catholic faith is different from the true Christianity .

Are ou saying the roman catholic are not christians?
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by vedaxcool(m): 8:10am On May 15, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

no we maintain a good relation with our Gods. our Gods are our friends, brothers ,sisters, fathers, mothers, protectors ,etc.

Ok . . . I tend to think gods are meant to be worshiped not taking snap shot with! To me it seems nothing more than someone trivializing a god who can not even speak talk less of moving its limbs, who simply is taken from one place to another having no say in what is happening to him . . . I just imagine if your god was to tumble down the stairs, it would definately need help in getting up . . . Bros with all sense of respect for your choice of religion, a god that needs help is a god that can't help!

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by nnofaith: 9:03am On May 15, 2013
vedaxcool:

Ok . . . I tend to think gods are meant to be worshiped not taking snap shot with! To me it seems nothing more than someone trivializing a god who can not even speak talk less of moving its limbs, who simply is taken from one place to another having no say in what is happening to him . . . I just imagine if your god was to tumble down the stairs, it would definately need help in getting up . . . Bros with all sense of respect for your choice of religion, a god that needs help is a god that can't help!
same applies to your allah!or did he not need mohammed and his mujahideens to spread islam for him?
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by vedaxcool(m): 10:39am On May 15, 2013
nnofaith: same applies to your allah!or did he not need mohammed and his mujahideens to spread islam for him?

No faith, theist are speaking, go find your pairs are spew your ignorance.
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by nnofaith: 11:56am On May 15, 2013
vedaxcool:

No faith, theist are speaking, go find your pairs are spew your ignorance.
lol! maa salam.
Re: Wole Soyinka Posing With Traditional GODS (Picture) by amakaenetanya(f): 11:08pm On Jul 10, 2013
I liked this post!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Joshua Iginla Gives Whole Offering From His Crusade To Widows / Eunice Olawale's Father Shocked After Daughter's Death / RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.