Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,294 members, 7,954,167 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:34 PM

Am I Suppose To Be Wary? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Suppose To Be Wary? (1889 Views)

What Am I Suppose To Do At This Junction. / 5 Types Of Guys Every Serious Minded Lady Should Be Wary Of / Am I Suppose To Be Nice To My Ex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Suppose To Be Wary? by jmason: 8:30am On May 12, 2013
Hi peepo, I never thought I'll become one of those people feeling a little bit wary about my wife's failtfulness to me, here is my story:

My wife is still a stay at home mum since she is still raising our 8 months old baby, and I since I lost my job have been running business here and there so sometimes am always at home, and attimes I am not. Now whenever my brother wants to come to the house, he actually doesnt call me or needs to call me. All of a sudden, he started calling, he'll go by saying ' you dey house'? I'll be like no if am truly not, and yes if I was. I was never having it in mind if he was trying something fishy with my wife when he started calling to ask if I was home, not until it became very frequent, then I started having the thought, and also my brother is well known to sleeping with house-helps no matter how good looking or bad looking they were, so that alone made me up my guard and I became so wary but was taking it easy.
It finally became more of a worrisome circumstance to me when I went to a friends place not too far from my house, that very day, my brother has called also to know if I was home, I told him no, and then my wife called me and asked if I was close to the house, I said no, I was then gonna ask why she was asking, she had hung up without me finishing the statement because I heard some1 knocked at the door, I immediately called her back,and asked who was at the door, she said it was my brother, at that moment I asked her again why she was asking, she said I shouldnt bother, I demanded that she tells me, she replied again by saying I shouldnt bother, I then suggested if she had wanted me to get her something, she now said yes I wanted you to help me get something, I asked what that could be, my wife couldnt give me an instant response until after at least 20 seconds, I found that weird to be precise, and I found it even more weird that she said she wanted chicken wings from KFC.I sent a txt message saying ‘be careful’ though in order not to make the issue more obvious that am being suspicious, I resent another txt saying sorry message was not meant for you, but at least if something was actually gonna go down, that txt may have avert it one way or the other.

Peepo, I know my wife well, and I know things she likes and what not to ask me to buy, although that faithful day, she might have had a different stuff she wanted truly, but those few details makes me feel there might be going on in agreement between the two of um. I told her immediately that I am coming home now, but didnt go back until like an hour cos I was having a business meeting with my friend.

when I got back home, she was quick to brng up counter accusations such as me being too private with my phones, that have been deleting messages etc etc, I found it weird because she wouldnt bring up issues up like that all of a sudden, I started feeling like shes countering me with somewhat of a guilty conscience inside of her, she wanted to know who I actually sent the 'be careful' message to.

This situation started to draw things of the past back, the way he always talk about my brother, how she feels bad for him when she overhear girls calling him and asking for different things and how he's always very quick to answer them, saying they are taking him for granted, also said he is the only one out of my siblings that she likes his lifestyle, saying he doesnt worry himself or give a Bleep about any worries. Those compliments and concern which I didnt take serious wayback, now seems something important to me, infact yesterday my brother was asking me when my wife's birthday's date is, I asked why he was asking, he said I wanna get ger something she likes for her bday, it may be a normal statement, but my brother isnt that nice to that level or would actually think about getting someone something for a birthday. Am I overthinking? or I have every reason to be wary at this moment?
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary? by shizzle11(m): 2:12pm On May 12, 2013
Is this truly your story
Well, IMHO, you're not over thinking and you have every right to be wary, perhaps they did it on the said day. If your brother suddenly becomes nice and caring towards you and your wife, then its something to be worried about, cos its suspicious.
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary? by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 12, 2013
Yup, something's definitely going on.

Whatchu gon' do?
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary? by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 12, 2013
Dont wait till it gets out of hand,its your wife and i dont see y u can't share ur problems with her. Two tins are involved,She might flare up for suspecting her or she might tell you the truth and ask 4 forgvness.

No matter wat we tell u here,ur mind wont stoping playing with u,until u get to d root of the matter. Act fast,the earlier the better.

For the faithfuls in a relationship,the moment your patner changes,u MUST know. Your mind only gets weary cos there's a problem smwhere.
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary? by Exponental(m): 6:50pm On May 12, 2013
Seat her down n tell her ur worries.....be blunt when talking. Tell her if u get to know ur brother has sex with her either willingly or not, u will tear her apart. If she tries to react, tell her that's a warning or advice as d a case maybe.
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary? by Nnekacherry: 7:26pm On May 12, 2013
Hmmm.. This one na rough play o..
Married woman for that matter..
OP sit her down and caution her..
Just talk to her and advice her..
If na play, make she stop am..
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary? by WackyJ1(m): 10:05pm On May 12, 2013
Solution is simple. Be around your house when your brother calls and then tell him that you're not around... Dedicate one free day to this, it's worth it

1 Like

Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary? by Gudintent: 12:24am On May 13, 2013
Family section plssssss
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary? by Oohrhii(m): 12:27pm On May 13, 2013
Op ..Being around..would only waste your time..

Being in the dark will equally waste your energy..

Coming out with it..wont make them stop(if it has started) Nor make you wife beg.. they will just change venue ni.

The best solution..is you can afford it ..is just to install a CCTV.A miniature cam would do all the trick..while you just act like its nothing.. and still go ahead with your business as usual.

No lady would confess to fornication unless caught red handed. lipsrsealed..Yes they are that Bad and cunning.

Act like nothing is happening..and just wait to see wassup.
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary? by jmason: 12:40pm On May 13, 2013
Oohrhii: Op ..Being around..would only waste your time..

Being in the dark will equally waste your energy..

Coming out with it..wont make them stop(if it has started) Nor make you wife beg.. they will just change venue ni.

The best solution..is you can afford it ..is just to install a CCTV.A miniature cam would do all the trick..while you just act like its nothing.. and still go ahead with your business as usual.

No lady would confess to fornication unless caught red handed. lipsrsealed..Yes they are that Bad and cunning.

Act like nothing is happening..and just wait to see wassup.

I concur, I have been thinkng and the only thing I can come up with is the surveilance camera, I mean with all the prosts that I have read with people stating i should sit her down and talk to her about it wont work, it will only make things worse or better still if truly something is happening, make her tighten their security the more. How can I get this CCTV cam?
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary? by Nobody: 4:29am On May 15, 2013
^^ so instead of stoping something from happening,u want to watch as it happens?

1 Like

Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary? by WackyJ1(m): 4:35am On May 15, 2013
chidyhels: ^^ so instead of stoping something from happening,u want to watch as it happens?
stop something from happening that has already happened? Get real
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary? by Nobody: 5:02am On May 15, 2013
WackyJ1:
stop something from happening that has already happened? Get real
^^and since it has happened y watch it?
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary? by DBestDoc(f): 5:28am On May 15, 2013
chidyhels:

Because you need an evidence. just to prove what you think.
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary? by Nobody: 6:12am On May 15, 2013
^ and after you have proven it, what next?
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary? by Mynd44: 6:13am On May 15, 2013
chidyhels:
Same reason people watch indecency na.
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary? by Nobody: 6:15am On May 15, 2013
@op,ur jst giving urself unnecesary headachea,get to the root of the matter. Your talking about ur wife and brother here,nt sm stranger.
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary? by Mynd44: 6:16am On May 15, 2013
@OP, It is time to get into some real detective mode. Just lie to the both of them and hang around one day. BTW, they might actually be planning a surprise birthday party for you (Even I who said it don't believe)
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary? by greedie1(f): 6:45am On May 15, 2013
op, when u find out that she is cheating, what will be ur next step? ll u divorce her?.... if u ll den get d surveillance camera but if u know u cant leave her, don't bother with it, it ll only give u nightmares

Now talk some sense into her head
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary? by Mynd44: 6:53am On May 15, 2013
gree-die:
op, when u find out that she is cheating, what will be ur next step? ll u divorce her?.... if u ll den get d surveillance camera but if u know u cant leave her, don't bother with it, it ll only give u nightmares

Now talk some sense into her head
Talk some sense? They will probably move their romance out of the house. I say he captures them on camera and give us links to where the pictures are gringrin

okay another bad advise. What's wrong with me?
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary? by greedie1(f): 6:59am On May 15, 2013
Mynd_44:
Talk some sense? They will probably move their romance out of the house. I say he captures them on camera and give us links to where the pictures are gringrin

okay another bad advise. What's wrong with me?
whats wrong with u? u ve suppressed ur bad kinky side for . a long tym, it wants out..... and i don't think u can stop it grin
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary? by Mynd44: 7:04am On May 15, 2013
gree-die:

whats wrong with u? u ve suppressed ur bad kinky side for . a long tym, it wants out..... and i don't think u can stop it grin
I don't have a bad kinky side. I have an evil sinister side grin

this is me displaying signs of boredom
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary? by greedie1(f): 7:16am On May 15, 2013
Mynd_44:
I don't have a bad kinky side. I have an evil sinister side grin

this is me displaying signs of boredom
evil sinister side? shocked dats bad!!! bad kinky is better.

why bored this early morning?
what can i do to help? smiley
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary? by Mynd44: 7:28am On May 15, 2013
gree-die:

evil sinister side? shocked dats bad!!! bad kinky is better.

why bored this early morning?
what can i do to help? smiley
Ask PHCH to behave
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary? by segzicres(m): 7:36am On May 15, 2013
OP jus install d camera n get ur evidence......use it to blackmail her. ¯\..(•͡.̮ •͡)../¯
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary? by Mynd44: 8:14am On May 15, 2013
segzi cres: OP jus install d camera n get ur evidence......use it to blackmail her. ¯\..(•͡.̮ •͡)../¯
How do you blackmail your wife?
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary? by mykejones(m): 8:30am On May 15, 2013
Talk to your brother. If there was anyone you needed talk to at the moment, he sure is the fellow.

This isn't the normal everyday cheating-spouse-relationships we are all familiar with, this is 'bloodly' related, and as such, be treated differently.

IF you have to open up to your parents about the discomfort you are having about your brother being too close to your wife, please, do let them know. Am guessing he's also your younger brother, not an elder one, which also helps the situation considerably.

It's obvious why am advocating that your parents be privy to the details, because if this comes out to be true, you'l be fighting on two fronts and you might end up loosing on both fronts.
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary? by Princeparix(m): 8:30am On May 15, 2013
chidyhels: ^ and after you have proven it, what next?
1-1 oputa panel

madam wetin be ur own-are u trying to reduce the number of begging married women by 1? Abeg put a sock to it
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary? by Mynd44: 8:44am On May 15, 2013
Princeparix: 1-1 oputa panel

madam wetin be ur own-are u trying to reduce the number of begging married women by 1? Abeg put a sock to it
I wonder ooo. I am even advocating that he posts the pics for us to see
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary? by Princeparix(m): 8:58am On May 15, 2013
Mynd_44:
I wonder ooo. I am even advocating that he posts the pics for us to see
how u take knw wetin i wan talk?
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary? by Mynd44: 10:46am On May 15, 2013
Princeparix: how u take knw wetin i wan talk?
Na so jorh
Re: Am I Suppose To Be Wary? by dmcdad: 12:06pm On May 15, 2013
Hmmm... this one na really rough play ooo.

Anyways, me for one would not come out openly at first, neither would I take ages to act accordingly. If I were in your shoes, this is what I would do....

I hate to be suspicious about anyone cause I would definitely know whats cooking behind the door. Since my kinda person doesn't like worrying about anything that comes to mind, in order to get such thoughts off my mind, I would get to the bottom of it thereby satisfying my cravings. Now to the nitty-gritty...

Due to the fact that coming out to lay down your worries to her would make them change venue or location, and also act more carefully, that is if they have started, I would be stealth about my approach and try not to raise any obvious suspicion. I hate to spy on someone, but when it comes to this kinda pressing matters, then I would definitely go for the CCTV thing (although there are other ways I could get to catch every action but...) and keep my cool...

If what you brought to the fore is the truth, then I can bet something is already going on. Just keep your cool man and see how to catch them. if you go with questioning your wife she might deny and it would also prompt them to be more careful in their dealings and it might take ages for you to get them ever again. If you dont wanna go for the CCTV thing, you can use other means that would be functional and less obvious.

I pray God help you to get to the bottom of this and after you must have found out, whatever decision you take is up to you.

May God help you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Raping One's Wife? / 7 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Flaunt Your Relationship On Social Media / What Are The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.