Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists (11223 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen: South-east Governors In Abuja Over Attacks / Governors Back NCC Over MTN / White Witches Back Jonathan To Beat Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by BlackPikiN(m): 1:11am On May 13, 2013
Governors of South-South and South East states have condemned in strong terms the various acts of terrorism and their sponsors in parts of the country.

The Governors who gave this condemnation yesterday in a communiqué after a closed door meeting in Asaba condemned the abominable behaviours and antics of some Nigerians and their evil collaborators in assaulting the collective psyche of the nation and commiserated with the president, governments, and victims and their families of this evil act.

They appealed to all Nigerians to be cooperate with government to stamp out these evil acts.

In their words “The meeting was concerned at the condemnable behaviour and antics of some Nigerians and their evil collaborators in assaulting the collective psyche of the nation, by waging various acts of terrorism, the South-South and South East Governors commiserate with President, the governments of all affected areas, the victims, their families and majority of peace-loving Nigerians,” the Governors said, adding that it was important for all law-abiding citizens to join hands with governments at all levels to stamp out terrorism and other evils from the society.”

Briefing the press after the meeting which lasted for about four hours, the Chairman of South-South Governors’ Forum, Governor Liyel Imoke and his counterpart in the South-East Zone; Mr Peter Obi flanked by all the Governors that attended the meeting said, they salutes “the resolute stance of Mr President to confront terror wherever and whenever it occurs in Nigeria,” adding they also commended the President “for his focused leadership and bold, result-yielding transformation agenda, which deserves the unwavering support of all Nigerians and friends of Nigerians alike.”

The Governors emphasised that the laudable achievements of the President in the areas of strengthening democracy, stabilising the polity, growing the economy and improving the quality of life of all citizens continues to unfold.

“The South-South and South-East governors plead with all Nigerians to adopt dialogue and peaceful means to resolve issues affecting the country,” the Governors resolved, adding, “the governors also agreed to work together and ensure regional cooperation in stemming the spate of kidnapping, arson, pipeline vandalisation as well as other nefarious activities in the regions to secure the regions and ensure that the regions remains a conducive environment to attract investments.”

While thanking Governor Uduaghan for been a good host, the Governors stated, “the South-South and South-East Governors agreed on economic and political integration of the old Eastern and Midwestern regions now the South-South and South-East and pledged to strengthen cooperation across the board with particular focus on development of infrastructure linking the region, particularly federal roads.”

“The Governors also pledged to work together to ensure the development of all the ports in the region including the Abia Dry port and called on the Nigeria Port Authority to facilitate the achievements of this objective,” the Governors said, reiterating that while they commended President Jonathan on the extensive rehabilitation and modernisation of the airports across the country, it was important for the Federal Government to establish cargo airports in Owerri and additional deep-sea ports in the regions including Ibaka, Escravos, Agge and also called for the dredging of the Calabar port.

They also, agreed to revive agro-allied industries particularly in palm and rubber plantations to exploit the comparative advantage in agriculture in both regions, adding, “the Governors of the South-South and the South-East states called on the Federal Government to facilitate the full implementation of the Free Trade Zones status amongst the states of the region.”

The meeting which was by Governors Peter Obi of Anambra, Sulivan Chime of Enugu, Rochas Okorocha of Imo, Theodore Orji of Abia and Martin Elechi of Ebonyi States and their counterparts in South-South States; Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta (host Governor), Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom, Liyel Imoke of Cross Rivers, Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa State while Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State was represented at the meeting by his Deputy, Engr. Tele Ikuru with the Governor of Edo State, Adams Oshiomole conspicuously absent used the occasion to mourn the death of late Professor Chinua Achebe, adding that they sympathized with the people of South-East region and on the death of Professor Chinua Achebe. They also condoled the Achebe family and acknowledged his legacy as a literary giant and international ambassador of the Nigerian culture.

http://www.deltaherald.com/Articles.aspx?id=1715

5 Likes

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by Nobody: 1:12am On May 13, 2013
The same GEJ that promised to step down after his first term?

How could sane Nigerians support an incompetent liar?

Aso rock money don sweet am die, im no wan step down again

Nigerians deserve their condition, for real

4 Likes

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by BlackPikiN(m): 1:27am On May 13, 2013
Fear go catch some people.

1 Like

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by Nobody: 1:29am On May 13, 2013
BlackPikiN: Fear go catch some people.

Who exactly?

Even if he contests in 3015, his incompetent decisions won't affect me.

I know my president, I voted right grin

1 Like

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by Obiagu1(m): 1:33am On May 13, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Whatever that will put the North where they belong is acceptable.
They need to face reality and come down from their high horse.

After all, Nigeria is in a mess today not because of GEJ but by the actions of the previous leaders of whom the majority were Northerners.

22 Likes

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by Nobody: 1:34am On May 13, 2013
Obiagu1:

Whatever that will put the North where they belong is acceptable.
They need to face reality and come down from their high horse.

After all, Nigeria is in a mess today not because of GEJ but by the actions of the previous leaders of whom the majority were Northerners.

Are you voting on merit or are you voting based on ethnicity?
Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by Obiagu1(m): 1:36am On May 13, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Are you voting on merit or are you voting based on ethnicity?

Merit is on my mind but my priority now is to put these people where they belong, period.

GEJ is not from my tribe.

13 Likes

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by Tigerhead: 1:36am On May 13, 2013
BlackPikiN: Fear go catch some people.

Fear don catch them already. Why Okorocha show for there?

People go begin see the light bu fire or by force.

All parasites take note.

6 Likes

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by Nobody: 1:40am On May 13, 2013
Obiagu1:

Merit is on my mind but my priority now is to put these people where they belong, period.

GEJ is not from my tribe.

Ok
Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by malc619(m): 1:44am On May 13, 2013
Ok.

The backing isn't with regards to his 2015 ambition but the fight against terrorism.

cool
Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by Nobody: 2:09am On May 13, 2013
Tigerhead:

All parasites take note.
this okorocha guy seems like an FG spy on APC n co.
Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by Obiagu1(m): 2:21am On May 13, 2013
BlackPikiN:
While thanking Governor Uduaghan for been a good host, the Governors stated, “the South-South and South-East Governors agreed on economic and political integration of the old Eastern and Midwestern regions now the South-South and South-East and pledged to strengthen cooperation across the board with particular focus on development of infrastructure linking the region, particularly federal roads.”

Welcome back my beloved country.

4 Likes

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by OneNaira6: 2:47am On May 13, 2013
Tigerhead:

All parasites take note.

To be honest, i think okorocha is the playing the field type of guys. he's always on the fence, looking and trying to figure which would advance him more. I don't get why a man would celebrate his transition to APC yet in an article talking about PDP members in IMO state moved to his party; ironically, the party they listed was APGA thus indicating he still under the party he celebrated he's not part of anymore. now with this situation, he joined politician from political parties he mouthed are "evil" (pdp, apga) to discuss strategy, etc. something is a miss. Okorocha is one of those user type of character. A damn shame behavior for a politician and most importantly Igbo politician.

1 Like

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by dgitrader(m): 3:02am On May 13, 2013
[size=20pt]middlebelt governors over to you now, Nigeria must break the chains of fuedal oligarchy forever. Cast away the born-to-rule cabals, who are holding us back[/size]
This isn't about Jonathan or ethnic politics, it's all about sustainable developments . Don't get it twisted,

12 Likes

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by musiwa26: 3:08am On May 13, 2013
i only have one answer for this topic.. the normal answer , delta state

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by joeyfire(m): 4:01am On May 13, 2013
Wow! Very impressive turn of events. I just hope its not just about 2015 sha?
Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by masu: 5:49am On May 13, 2013
I wish my home state plateau will join.

We are tired of hausa fulani people.

14 Likes

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by vizboy(m): 5:51am On May 13, 2013
The born to rule mentality of the northern elite has to be crush for us to be truely one in these country

2 Likes

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by masu: 5:57am On May 13, 2013
My advice to yorubas is for them to desist from fulani romance before its too late.

Everybody in the north warmly welcome fulanis but as they grow in number their host becomes a prey. Use kwara state and hausa people as key study.

Yorubas is far from the fulas now but this current relationship is bringing them closer which is a future time bomb.

Let the SS, SE, NC & SW unite now no matter who we front as president as soon as we liberate ourself from this animals.

9 Likes

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by OneNaira6: 5:58am On May 13, 2013
musiwa26:
i only have one answer for this topic.. the normal answer , delta state

what is your obession with omawumi?

1 Like

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by nwabobo: 5:59am On May 13, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

How about Buhari that promised not to contest again after 2011?

14 Likes

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by OneNaira6: 6:01am On May 13, 2013
masu: My advice to yorubas is for them to desist from fulani romance before its too late.

Everybody in the north warmly welcome fulanis but as they grow in number their host becomes a prey. Use kwara state and hausa people as key study.

Yorubas is far from the fulas now but this current relationship is bringing them closer which is a future time bomb.

Let the SS, SE, NC & SW unite now no matter who we front as president as soon as we liberate ourself from this animals.

leave SW be. they've chosen who they want to pitch their tent with so everyone should leave their decision to them. stop trying to persuade them. Personally I'm cool with them choosing north.

5 Likes

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by Nobody: 6:06am On May 13, 2013
nwabobo:

How about Buhari that promised not to contest again after 2011?

I brought thisup on another thread that concerned him

The fact that these candidates can tell bold azz lies and still contests tells you much about the voters in Nigeria

Ethnically and religiously motivated.........the ones that are not bribed, that is

1 Like

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by 2Legit2Qui: 6:57am On May 13, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Try and engage the brain before engaging the fingers or the mouth.

2 Likes

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by Nobody: 7:04am On May 13, 2013
masu: My advice to yorubas is for them to desist from fulani romance before its too late.

dose sw politicians are on deir own,dey dont represent majority of d yoruba people,when dey used ribadu as their candidate in 2011 dey failed miserably and if dey bring buhari come 2015 dey will again fail miserably,we dont do follow follow in d sw...sw does not need to join anybody we will stay on our own..d politicians are on deir own...gudluck to d ss and se

12 Likes

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by saintneo(m): 7:22am On May 13, 2013
This is game on.

Definitely, Edo is not expected to be part of this alliance just as it is not part of the SW alliance yet.

Merging together to improve the regions combined
Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by Nobody: 7:30am On May 13, 2013
Those who have been having diarrhea of the mouth must have gotten the message by now. NO VACANCY IN ASO ROCK.

5 Likes

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by ckkris: 7:36am On May 13, 2013
Game on.
Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by eagleeye2: 7:47am On May 13, 2013
dgitrader: [size=20pt]middlebelt governors over to you now, Nigeria must break the chains of fuedal oligarchy forever. Cast away the born-to-rule cabals, who are holding us back[/size]
This isn't about Jonathan or ethnic politics, it's all about sustainable developments . Don't get it twisted,

My dear, please can you list those sustainable developments?
Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by Nobody: 7:49am On May 13, 2013
saintneo: This is game on.

Definitely, Edo is not expected to be part of this alliance just as it is not part of the SW alliance yet.

Merging together to improve the regions combined
oshio beta join forces wit d winnin team! I dnt want my state loosin out on some FG goodies. He's becomin dumber since he got re-elected! Neither here nor there! Dnt knw his game plan.

3 Likes

Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by takedat(m): 8:06am On May 13, 2013
What has the South-South governors achieved with the implementation of the economic roadmap they designed for the development and integration of South-South states tagged "BRACED" with all the monies at their disposal before looking to partner/re-integrate with another region? Crazy politicians and foolish ideas!
Re: South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists by dgitrader(m): 8:29am On May 13, 2013
eagle,eye:

My dear, please can you list those sustainable developments?

Take a tour of SE/SS regions, and take note of all the facilities and institutions that were established since the resumption of civilian rule in 1999. do u still hear shouts of marginalization? fine, this govt isnt doing the best for now, but go and ask people on ground, what are the noticeable difference between this era and that of 3 decades of northern military oligarchies. my dear, it was 3 decades of dark ages for the SE/SS. LISTING THE ITEMS HERE WOULD ONLY GENERATE UNNECESSARY/BIGOTRY ARGUMENTS. ITS TOO EARLY FOR THAT. JUST TAKE A TOUR.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Christians See How Gov. Ganduje Of Kano State Is Islamizing Christians In Kano. / Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central / Sowore Tells Amina Zakari To 'do The Rightng And Resign' Her INEC Appointment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.