Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,717 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Rat Meat Passed-off As Lamb In China - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Rat Meat Passed-off As Lamb In China (12140 Views)

The Rat I And My Younger Brother Killed And Ate Today (photos) / See The Bush Rat That Was Killed At My Workplace Today (Photos) / The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rat Meat Passed-off As Lamb In China by YoshiMaster: 4:03pm On May 15, 2013
Krasid: what you don't know will not kill you.

Situation: Boys enjoying their normal drinking water from the main tank supply as they always have, when one curious soul made a shocking discovery. A dead rat had been in the water tank all along.

Conclusion: What you don't know won't kill you.

1 Like

Re: Rat Meat Passed-off As Lamb In China by Reference(m): 4:09pm On May 15, 2013
See dem. See dia mowts. Wetin be grasscutter. Giant cane rat. Weda na bush rat or town rat, rat na rat. Abi town rat don spoil again. E no get morals.
Re: Rat Meat Passed-off As Lamb In China by Nightshift(m): 4:27pm On May 15, 2013
Rats are stuffs Lagos can export to China. Huge foreign exchange earnings cool

1 Like

Re: Rat Meat Passed-off As Lamb In China by chreldb(m): 4:28pm On May 15, 2013
Reference: See dem. See dia mowts. Wetin be grasscutter. Giant cane rat. Weda na bush rat or town rat, rat na rat. Abi town rat don spoil again. E no get morals.

Grasscutters (cane rats) AKA Thryonomys swinderianus and porcupines may fall in the same category with house rats as rodents but they are more acceptable as food. Eating house rats and mice is disgusting! simple.
Re: Rat Meat Passed-off As Lamb In China by dasparrow: 4:41pm On May 15, 2013
Na wa o! Wahala dey!
Re: Rat Meat Passed-off As Lamb In China by Kairoseki77: 4:45pm On May 15, 2013
chreld_b:

Grasscutters (cane rats) AKA Thryonomys swinderianus and porcupines may fall in the same category with house rats as rodents but they are more acceptable as food. Eating house rats and mice is disgusting! simple.

Rats are rats!
Re: Rat Meat Passed-off As Lamb In China by SpicyMimi(f): 4:47pm On May 15, 2013
shocked

1 Like

Re: Rat Meat Passed-off As Lamb In China by supaeagles(m): 4:52pm On May 15, 2013
kokoye: meat na meat. just make sure it is WELL DONE!'rare', 'pink' or 'medium' will give you disease o! And all of una wey dey go chop Chinese or Indian, na God get ur life o grin
Medium rare is my preference, else the meat juice is all gone and na charcoal you go chop.
Also most Indians no de chop meat oh - na for vegetable level dem de oh smiley
Re: Rat Meat Passed-off As Lamb In China by dnawah(m): 4:54pm On May 15, 2013
princemolak: Help me tell dem say Rat meat na sweet meat
yes o!dos brawn ones 4rm d bush.(if u roast am with grinded flesh pepper,palm oil and salt rob on it)grin

1 Like

Re: Rat Meat Passed-off As Lamb In China by polokor60(m): 5:02pm On May 15, 2013
abeg na wetin be d difference between giant rat and rabbit.some robust giant rat when i see big like rabbit and if dem kill the two put for ground,person non go know wich one be rat or wich one be rabbit.

1 Like

Re: Rat Meat Passed-off As Lamb In China by maclatunji: 5:04pm On May 15, 2013
How many rats make one lamb? Do they so many rats in China?
Re: Rat Meat Passed-off As Lamb In China by chreldb(m): 5:20pm On May 15, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Rats are rats!

Does that mean you consume house rats?

polokor60: abeg na wetin be d difference between giant rat and rabbit.some robust giant rat when i see big like rabbit and if dem kill the two put for ground,person non go know wich one be rat or wich one be rabbit.

What people refer to as rabbit are actually a different specie of rats called African Giant rat. It is another acceptable form of bush meat. Rabbits on the other hand are bunnies. But people wrongfully refer to African giant rat as rabbits. But it doesn't really matter as long as you know the difference. It is easier to say "I want to buy rabbit" than "I want to buy African giant rat" see pics below of an African giant rat and an actual rabbit.

Re: Rat Meat Passed-off As Lamb In China by polokor60(m): 5:47pm On May 15, 2013
chreld_b:

Does that mean you consume house rats?

What people refer to as rabbit are actually a different specie of rats called African Giant rat. It is another acceptable form of bush meat. Rabbits on the other hand are bunnies. But people wrongfully refer to African giant rat as rabbits. But it doesn't really matter as long as you know the difference. It is easier to say "I want to buy rabbit" than "I want to buy African giant rat" see pics below of an African giant rat and an actual rabbit.

Your are right bro,i had a little farm of bunnies when i was younger.Bunnies are herbivores.

I have seen the main specie of a normal rat(without a white tail ending)that have the same big size as the normal giant africa rat/rabbit(with a white tail ending).What is the difference between the former and the latter excluding the white tail endings?
Re: Rat Meat Passed-off As Lamb In China by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 15, 2013
Pukes┄
Re: Rat Meat Passed-off As Lamb In China by chreldb(m): 6:21pm On May 15, 2013
polokor60: Your are right bro,i had a little farm of bunnies when i was younger.Bunnies are herbivores.

I have seen the main specie of a normal rat(without a white tail ending)that have the same big size as the normal giant africa rat/rabbit(with a white tail ending).What is the difference between the former and the latter excluding the white tail endings?

There are different species of giant rats e.g Gambian pouched rat and giant pouched rat, the rat you saw without a white tail ending was probably one of such specie in the giant category. But it was certainly not a brown rat, common rat, street rat or sewer rat. That's what I think.

1 Like

Re: Rat Meat Passed-off As Lamb In China by Edoboy1(m): 6:25pm On May 15, 2013
ochukoccna: My my my
See vomit on top thread angry
. You r soooooo right. Na heavy vomit on top thread. If u see d way I screw pass that picture, abeg don't upload every pic, just tell us Explicit content and we go understand.
Re: Rat Meat Passed-off As Lamb In China by polokor60(m): 6:36pm On May 15, 2013
chreld_b:

There are different species of giant rats e.g Gambian pouched rat and giant pouched rat, the rat you saw without a white tail ending was probably one of such specie in the giant category. But it was certainly not a brown rat, common rat, street rat or sewer rat. That's what I think.
Spot on bro.Thumb's up to you. cool
Re: Rat Meat Passed-off As Lamb In China by Reference(m): 7:10pm On May 15, 2013
chreld_b:

Ha, ha. Which one be common rat, street rat, sewer rat. Rat na rat. Very soon we go dey hear GRA rat, VI rat, Asokoro rat. How you know say chinko no dey talk bush rat aka grasscutter abi na lawnmower.

1 Like

Re: Rat Meat Passed-off As Lamb In China by Ishilove: 7:19pm On May 15, 2013
Reference:

Ha, ha. Which one be common rat, street rat, sewer rat. Rat na rat. Very soon we go dey hear GRA rat, VI rat, Asokoro rat. How you know say chinko no dey talk bush rat aka grasscutter abi na lawnmower.
Grasscutter that y'all call bush rat is also a rat o. undecided
Re: Rat Meat Passed-off As Lamb In China by chreldb(m): 7:27pm On May 15, 2013
Reference:

It all boils down to biological classification bro. each of these rat specie have a distinct scientific name. If the Chinese restaurants are feeding their customers larger rodents such as grass cutters there is nothing wrong with that. But their crime was passing rat meat as lamb meat if you read the article again you will see that. And it is likely they were serving larger rodents. "I heard one anecdote about a restaurant in southern China that serves up rat meat dishes. Believe me these establishments do exist. At this particular restaurant, the owners reassured the customers their rats had been caught in the countryside and not in the sewers". Rat na rat yes agreed but rat no be rat like that when it comes to feeding.
Re: Rat Meat Passed-off As Lamb In China by FreeWill01: 10:12pm On May 15, 2013
Mehn, If rat meat is really grass-cutter, then those chinese dudes are not really out of place....the meat is sweet lipsrsealed
Re: Rat Meat Passed-off As Lamb In China by ZN2: 3:35am On May 16, 2013
mikeyhernadez: Pukes┄

The thread is a mess. Rat meat? African Rat meet? Sewer rat? Street Rat? African Giant Rat?

Yuck!
Re: Rat Meat Passed-off As Lamb In China by alnaijiri(m): 4:27am On May 16, 2013
I strongly advise fellow Muslims to stay away from Chinese restaurants and to never eat with the Chinese (in the process of business, I doubt anyone would spend time with these dirty people for pleasure), as you could never be sure what meat it is they're eating, and their words cannot be trusted.
Re: Rat Meat Passed-off As Lamb In China by akunjohn(m): 6:56am On May 16, 2013
alnaijiri: I strongly advise fellow Muslims to stay away from Chinese restaurants and to never eat with the Chinese (in the process of business, I doubt anyone would spend time with these dirty people for pleasure), as you could never be sure what meat it is they're eating, and their words cannot be trusted.

Well,all I heard is that some among them are converting to islam now

1 Like

Re: Rat Meat Passed-off As Lamb In China by bb6xt(m): 7:31am On May 16, 2013
princemolak: Help me tell dem say Rat meat na sweet meat
Nna mek dem gimme some of d rat meet na, cos am afraid we've finished all the ones in Benue. #IBeConfirmedTivMan

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would You 'Eat' Ice-cream Or 'Take' Ice-cream? / Plantain Fufu? / What Food Or Pill Will I Take To Have Big bubs/butt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.