Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,194 members, 7,839,064 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) (26779 Views)

Nigerian Policeman Caught Extorting Money On Camera Is Sacked / Update: Download Video Of The Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe. / Policeman Caught Napping On Duty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by akeemag: 12:24pm On May 14, 2013
[size=16pt]COULD U PLS GET ME HIS ID NUMBER?[/size]
omolomolarinero: [img]http://whatsupibadan.files./2013/05/21.jpg?w=300&h=225[/img]

[img]http://whatsupibadan.files./2013/05/11.jpg?w=300&h=225[/img]

These photos re-emphasizes the committment of Sergeant AGBAJE OLANIYI a ‘dedicated’ police officer who hangs around ‘ASHI ROAD, at the sharp corner on the way to BASHORUN’. We got these photos from a reader who was detained at that same sharp corner, all because he refused to give him the popular N20 (or i mean N50 as it seems they ‘don port o’ too and have upgraded to N50 now. lol)

http://whatsupibadan./2013/05/12/caught-in-the-n20-act/
for more news and trending stuffs in Ibadan
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by tpia5: 12:25pm On May 14, 2013
Would the site admin like to explain why the thread is on front page?

In a functional society, they (admin) would be invited for questioning, but no, in nigeria we have to just let everything pass.
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 14, 2013
obadiah777: ARE YOU RELATED TO DWIGHT BY ANY CHANCE ?

Pls can you ask me that question again in the next 24hrs, let me get in contact with Dwight.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by tpia5: 12:25pm On May 14, 2013
akeemag: [size=16pt]COULD U PLS GET ME HIS ID NUMBER?[/size]

Get lost you f.ool.

Who are you?
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by emmanikewon(m): 12:26pm On May 14, 2013
Carry go na ur logo be that, Naija Police! Yeye thing! smiley
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by BeraBera(f): 12:26pm On May 14, 2013
What if he was just "shaking hands" with the driver?
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by Policewoman(f): 12:32pm On May 14, 2013
omolomolarinero: [img]http://whatsupibadan.files./2013/05/21.jpg?w=300&h=225[/img]

[img]http://whatsupibadan.files./2013/05/11.jpg?w=300&h=225[/img]

[img]http://whatsupibadan.files./2013/05/41.jpg?w=300&h=225[/img]

[img]http://whatsupibadan.files./2013/05/dscf0357.jpg?w=300&h=225[/img]

These photos re-emphasizes the committment of Sergeant AGBAJE OLANIYI a ‘dedicated’ police officer who hangs around ‘ASHI ROAD, at the sharp corner on the way to BASHORUN’. We got these photos from a reader who was detained at that same sharp corner, all because he refused to give him the popular N20 (or i mean N50 as it seems they ‘don port o’ too and have upgraded to N50 now. lol)

http://whatsupibadan./2013/05/12/caught-in-the-n20-act/
for more news and trending stuffs in Ibadan
SUCH OFFICERS GIVE THE POLICE A BAD NAME AND MUST BE PURGED.
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by coogar: 12:33pm On May 14, 2013
kpozite:
They weren't forced to do the job, were they? Small salary is not enough excuse to collect N20. There are a few good ones there receiving the same small salary and are content with it without collecting bribes. If they are not content with their salary, why not resign honourably and go get a job that pays that jumbo salary they desire.

there's no job in nigeria - it doesn't mean the policemen should be underpaid. the structure has issues. i don't see how our policemen shouldn't be earning N200,000 a month. the government have to make the profession attractive. the attraction would then command the respect of the public. the only reason anyone would attempt to bribe a naija policeman with N20 is because he knows the policeman is hungry.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by ambrosini593(m): 12:34pm On May 14, 2013
ilugunboy: Well..these pictures doesn't prove beyond reasonable doubt that the man is engaged in any unlawful activity.
. Are you a learner? Do you need microscopic to view what the policeman is doing. If he is not collect money then tell me what the policeman hand is doing inside the cars
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by biggzman: 12:40pm On May 14, 2013
kpozite:
They weren't forced to do the job, were they? Small salary is not enough excuse to collect N20. There are a few good ones there receiving the same small salary and are content with it without collecting bribes. If they are not content with their salary, why not resign honourably and go get a job that pays that jumbo salary they desire.
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by usability100: 12:55pm On May 14, 2013
I know these police officers, they are from Ashi Police station. Since the road to their station has been psrtially blocked due to renovation, they have returned to the road under one tree close to a CAC church junction and the road linking Ashi with the Ojoo/Iwo road express.

There is one of them, he iz bigger than Tafa Balogun with a quarter to 5 eyes... These guys wont change even if they pay them them 500k per month, they are used to this collrction to meet precautionary motives

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by Chrichigo(m): 1:03pm On May 14, 2013
[quote author=coogar]

you mean our dedicated policemen are leopards?
the problem is the system. these men put their lives on the line to protect us and they get paid N15,000 a month. some of them have wives and children. won't they survive? in the middle of this is a fisherman president that spends N1 billion on food alone.[/quote

Are u sure dey are paid 15000 as monthly salary
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by coogar: 1:07pm On May 14, 2013
Chrichigo:
Are u sure dey are paid 15000 as monthly salary

i doubt it's more than 13,500........
the nigerian policeman is the most underpaid worker on the planet. how convenient must it be to stay under that scorching sun setting road blocks? our policemen deserve better. the whole structure should be reformed.

1 Like

Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 14, 2013
The eediot may even be on nairaland telling us the wonders they do and how they apprehend criminals when we know they capture or kill people who refuse to grease their palms.
Where is the Ombatse clan of Nassarawa when you need them grin
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by coogar: 1:15pm On May 14, 2013
babyosisi: The eediot may even be on nairaland telling us the wonders they do and how they apprehend criminals when we know they capture or kill people who refuse to grease their palms.
Where is the Ombatse clan of Nassarawa when you need them grin

it seems you have lost your senses lately....
you are making fun of the death of 90 policemen murdered in cold blood by some blood-thirsty hoodlums? may heaven forgive you!
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 14, 2013
coogar:

it seems you have lost your senses lately....
you are making fun of the death of 90 policemen murdered in cold blood by some blood-thirsty hoodlums? may heaven forgive you!

I know you like me a lot,most people do
I like you too like a brother
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by usability100: 1:21pm On May 14, 2013
Some of you get this wrong, that the FG pay them 15k is not why they rob on the road, rather the poor mentality behind why they get the job, indiscipline and the fear they get from people when they hold the gun on the road

FYI, the men you see collecting mone(robbing) on the road deliver whatever they make on the road to one 'Oga at the Top' in the office whose salary is not less than 100k, so you can see that their salary is not the main issue here and paying them 500k wont solve the problem either.

Lets take a factory worker who gets paid 20k at the end of the month for instance, have u seen them on the road collecting money from the motorist? No, the reason is just that they dont have uniform and gun to rob the road users like their friends in black who get almost same salary do(i dont believe they earn that low anyway because minimum wage in Nigeria is 18k i think)

Therefore, i can tell you that the amount of money you pay them is not the issue but the indiscipline that has eaten so deep into their bone marrow. Many Nigerians work for 50k per month with more than 3 people depending on them, we havent seen them on road robbing motorist

5 Likes

Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by armadeo(m): 1:21pm On May 14, 2013
Sability: Tortoise no dey comot for story.

Wow. Best quote ever.
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by cyprianlah(m): 1:29pm On May 14, 2013
God help us!!!
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by coogar: 1:32pm On May 14, 2013
babyosisi:
I know you like me a lot,most people do
I like you too like a brother

abort such thoughts, it's not worth conceiving!

usability100: Some of you get this wrong, that the FG pay them 15k is not why they rob on the road, rather the poor mentality behind why they get the job, indiscipline and the fear they get from people when they hold the gun on the road

your logic is flawed....
underpaying them gives them the chutzpah to extort money from the people. there's a ready made excuse to extort. have you seen the poor condition of these men? they don't even have spare uniforms to wear.

FYI, the men you see collecting mone(robbing) on the road deliver whatever they make on the road to one 'Oga at the Top' in the office whose salary is not less than 100k, so you can see that their salary is not the main issue here and paying them 500k wont solve the problem either.

same principle applies.....
if the oga @ the top gets renumerated like his counterparts all over the world, he wouldn't need to get his hands dirty. survival has more priority than any ethic codes. people ate humans during biafra war. if they had food, would such be necessary? you would be surprised what you would consider doing when you have to survive by any means - you would drink your own piss!

Lets take a factory worker who gets paid 20k at the end of the month for instance, have u seen them on the road collecting money from the motorist? No, the reason is just that they dont have uniform and gun to rob the road users like their friends in black who get almost same salary do(i dont believe they earn that low anyway because minimum wage in Nigeria is 18k i think)

the factory worker would also steal within the comfort of his work area. they steal products and resell them for a token. corruption exists everywhere in nigeria.

Therefore, i can tell you that the amount of money you pay them is not the issue but the indiscipline that has eaten so deep into their bone marrow. Many Nigerians work for 50k per month with more than 3 people depending on them, we havent seen them on road robbing motorist

don't feed your dog - let's see how disciplined he would get after a while. the whole system must be reformed. employ graduates, train them properly and pay them what graduates should get and the corruption would reduce. a policeman extorting drivers = civil servants creating ghost workers! they are all doing it to find extra cash to get by.

2 Likes

Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by deols(f): 1:37pm On May 14, 2013
This is a very good avenue to showcase the rot in Nigeria. I wonder what his superiors have to say.
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by Sike(m): 1:40pm On May 14, 2013
We don't call it Bribe, we call it ROJA. tongue
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by mrofficial(m): 1:42pm On May 14, 2013
hehehe. Ibadan police. Worst in all atrocities carried out by police.
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 14, 2013
I no blame them na their cup of garri them dey hustle for. Ride on Olopa nutin do ya!
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by Pennywise(m): 2:12pm On May 14, 2013

What I really like to know is does 'Reader' live on ASHI ROAD or is he a frequent guest? If he is a frequent guest on ASHI ROAD what is his mission and is he entirely sure he is not breaking any law by his visits? Has he had an encounter with a police officer over this? What is the true motive of his attempt to ridicule this dedicated officer of the law?

Ashi = As/hawo.
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by blackbeau1(f): 2:15pm On May 14, 2013
Old story
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 14, 2013
grin grin
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by Owutu1(m): 2:26pm On May 14, 2013
okorafor aboy: abeg,if una no tell me how to post something on nairaland,i go go hang myself today.
omg who is this
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 14, 2013
ambrosini593: . Are you a learner? Do you need microscopic to view what the policeman is doing. If he is not collect money then tell me what the policeman hand is doing inside the cars

Don't be silly..,,, ! You don't need to dumbly do the herd mentality....show me the money or prove to me that the man is collecting money from the driver regardless of the fact that his hand is stretched into the truck!

What is "do you need microscopic" ? .....and the HOR is still wondering at the failure rate of students that sat for the recent Jamb.
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by Owutu1(m): 2:26pm On May 14, 2013
okorafor aboy: abeg,if una no tell me how to post something on nairaland,i go go hang myself today.
omg who are u
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by patostation(m): 2:33pm On May 14, 2013
yorke: You were lucky not have been caught taking that shot, if not your name go for don be sorry. Shame on naija police. They are so annoying to say the lest.

Yes ooo! I almost got killed by those bastards for snapping them while harrassing okada drivers. My lawyer even told me to thank my stars that it was a public place. Otherwise they would have wasted me instead of protecting me.
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by lonelydora: 3:06pm On May 14, 2013
Na today we begin see Hausa with bow and arrow? Snake must always give birth to a long thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: Kogi PDP Unveils Dino Melaye As Party’s Governorship Candidate / FRSC Office In Port Harcourt Flooded, Cars, Generators Damaged (Photos) / Distribution Of ₦‎500bn Palliatives Skewed Against North – Kano Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.