Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,259 members, 7,839,311 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) (26781 Views)

Nigerian Policeman Caught Extorting Money On Camera Is Sacked / Update: Download Video Of The Policeman Caught On Camera Taking Bribe. / Policeman Caught Napping On Duty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by mitey(m): 3:06pm On May 14, 2013
coogar:

abort such thoughts, it's not worth conceiving!

your logic is flawed....
underpaying them gives them the chutzpah to extort money from the people. there's a ready made excuse to extort. have you see the poor condition of these men? they don't even have spare uniforms to wear.

same principle applies.....
if the oga @ the top gets renumerated like his counterparts all over the world, he wouldn't need to get his hands dirty. survival has more priority than any ethic codes. people ate humans during biafra war. if they had food, would such be necessary? you would be surprised what you would consider doing when you have to survive by any means - you would drink your own piss!

the factory worker would also steal within the comfort of his work area. they steal products and resell them for a token. corruption exists everywhere in nigeria.

don't feed your dog - let's see how disciplined he would get after a while. the whole system must be reformed. employ graduates, train them properly and pay them what graduates should get and the corruption would reduce. a policeman extorting drivers = civil servants creating ghost workers! they are all doing it to find extra cash to get by.

+ 100 Likes! I wanted to comment, but this @Coogar nailed it perfectly!
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by Selwin256(m): 3:24pm On May 14, 2013
I dey laf tongue
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by tpia5: 3:37pm On May 14, 2013
pato station:

Yes ooo! I almost got killed by those bastards for snapping them while harrassing okada drivers. My lawyer even told me to thank my stars that it was a public place. Otherwise they would have wasted me instead of protecting me.

I thought okadas were banned?

So, you're saying the police didnt lock you up for snapping them without their permission.

Typically nigerian, everything is left alone, what a pity.
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by Freeopod(m): 3:51pm On May 14, 2013
Ibadan police sef no dey carry last! By thE way, d poster did a good job in advertising his blog. Have visited www.whatsupibadan. and i likE what i saw! Thumbs up
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by ddeola: 4:07pm On May 14, 2013
Na today!
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by susay2006: 4:24pm On May 14, 2013
omolomolarinero: [img]http://whatsupibadan.files./2013/05/21.jpg?w=300&h=225[/img]

[img]http://whatsupibadan.files./2013/05/11.jpg?w=300&h=225[/img]

[img]http://whatsupibadan.files./2013/05/41.jpg?w=300&h=225[/img]

[img]http://whatsupibadan.files./2013/05/dscf0357.jpg?w=300&h=225[/img]

These photos re-emphasizes the committment of Sergeant AGBAJE OLANIYI a ‘dedicated’ police officer who hangs around ‘ASHI ROAD, at the sharp corner on the way to BASHORUN’. We got these photos from a reader who was detained at that same sharp corner, all because he refused to give him the popular N20 (or i mean N50 as it seems they ‘don port o’ too and have upgraded to N50 now. lol)

http://whatsupibadan./2013/05/12/caught-in-the-n20-act/
for more news and trending stuffs in Ibadan
I know dah area... Its very tru of policemen around there.
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by Exponental(m): 4:26pm On May 14, 2013
Who be this poster sef?
U just enter naija nii?
Which police go collect N20 from u?
Dem don step up joooor............!!!
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by jeak123(m): 4:54pm On May 14, 2013
it is a known fact what the Police do at various checkpoints. its no surprise that he was caught in the act just like we do everyday. He is not alone in this even his DPO and AIG is also part of it. If he doesn't bring in money daily, you wont see him there tomorrow. Someone would take his place. It is a hydra headed and vicious cycle which only God can help us solve. It is quite brave of the man who took this pic cos he would have been roasting in hell if the Policemen had seen him. The question therefore is, what do we as a country do about this stench?

1 Like

Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by tpia5: 4:57pm On May 14, 2013
^what you and the s.tupid coward who took the so-called pic, need to do, is pack your useless selves and get out of the country.

is someone forcing you to stay?

go to ghana and claim refugee.
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by ABAKA72(m): 5:38pm On May 14, 2013
kpozite:
They weren't forced to do the job, were they? Small salary is not enough excuse to collect N20. There are a few good ones there receiving the same small salary and are content with it without collecting bribes. If they are not content with their salary, why not resign honourably and go get a job that pays that jumbo salary they desire.
let me assume you are employed, how much are you earning at your work place? will you accept N15000 a month pay? if yes, in all honesty can you survive strictly on N15000 in a month espacially if you have a family.
Nobody is supporting bribe taking police men but the truth is that the least payed police officer can earn N150,000 a month with a fraction of what our politicians and civil servants steal in a month. so be reasonable in your comment, blame the system not the police
u

1 Like

Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by SeunMighty(m): 5:41pm On May 14, 2013
You guys shld nt blame the policeman in question all the blames shoould be directed to our leaders...
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by chucky234(m): 6:06pm On May 14, 2013
Biz as usual....Olopa on parade
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by Ochek: 7:09pm On May 14, 2013
kpozite:
They weren't forced to do the job, were they? Small salary is not enough excuse to collect N20. There are a few good ones there receiving the same small salary and are content with it without collecting bribes. If they are not content with their salary, why not resign honourably and go get a job that pays that jumbo salary they desire.

Have you got the job for them to apply and get paid?
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by Chekitaut: 9:31pm On May 14, 2013
coogar:

you mean our dedicated policemen are leopards?
the problem is the system. these men put their lives on the line to protect us and they get paid N15,000 a month. some of them have wives and children. won't they survive? in the middle of this is a fisherman president that spends N1 billion on food alone.
let them quit the job then...
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by vanbonattel: 9:47pm On May 14, 2013
coogar:

you mean our dedicated policemen are leopards?
the problem is the system. these men put their lives on the line to protect us and they get paid N15,000 a month. some of them have wives and children. won't they survive? in the middle of this is a fisherman president that spends N1 billion on food alone.

Did anybody force him to enter police? He knew they are being paid 15k and yet he applied so he can start extorting egunje?

Is the policeman a yoruba man?
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by victorv12(m): 10:13pm On May 14, 2013
Police in Oyo State especially Ibadan, are used to collecting bribe of 20 Naira all the time. I have heard of cases they killed bus conductors over 20 bucks. It's really terrible!
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by Ninilowo(m): 11:01pm On May 14, 2013
OP; OP; OP. How many times did I call you? You are playing KING KONG here abi? If dem GBAB you en? You will know how far
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by badrogen(m): 8:13am On May 15, 2013
Upon all the noise making by IGP, u ppl still unrelent. May God 4gv u.

Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by Bolarge1(m): 8:30am On May 15, 2013
WELL 9GER POLICE CANNOT BE TRUSTED BUT I CANNOT SEE ANY N20 HERE, WHY NOT THINK THE POLICE IS DEMANDING FOR THE VEHICLE PARTICULARS.

Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by styno22(m): 9:16am On May 15, 2013
The nigerian police is a shameless force
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:48am On May 15, 2013
ola_pluto: Honestly, I think Nigerian police needs to come up with an effective strategy to ease out over 80,000 officers and employ fresh graduates who at least have shame and are not reckless. This N20 bribe is disgusting.
. U are a muntular sum1 wud spend money on going to school and end up been a policeman see ur mao2 like fresh graduate ( ˘˘̯)
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:50am On May 15, 2013
ola_pluto: Honestly, I think Nigerian police needs to come up with an effective strategy to ease out over 80,000 officers and employ fresh graduates who at least have shame and are not reckless. This N20 bribe is disgusting.
u are a muntular so sum1 wud spend money in going to school only to end up been a policeman see ur mao2 like fresh graduate ( ˘˘̯)
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by belloijumu55(m): 12:54pm On May 15, 2013
yorke: You were lucky not have been caught taking that shot, if not your name go for don be sorry. Shame on naija police. They are so annoying to say the lest.
No differences between naija Thieves and Nigerian police
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by barbarahambly(f): 12:59pm On May 15, 2013
yes, this police is ridiculous and doing a shameful act.....their wife's and children's are shamed on them.....
Hire Joomla Developers|Joomla programmer
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by deejaygrinbaba(m): 2:13pm On May 15, 2013
This act is so bad ooooooooooo nd too much among those coporal nd sergents.
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by redsun(m): 3:18pm On May 15, 2013
Nigeria does not have a police force.If there is police and judiciary in nigeria,99% of those in charge in nigeria will be in jail,with just a flip of paper on their records.
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by Druhill(m): 3:37am On May 22, 2013
Police na human beings nah. dey need to eat too.
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by true2god: 5:34am On May 22, 2013
The person dat take dis picx take a big risk, he could have been hit by a stray bullet. But thank God he wasnt.
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by Oiza4yemi: 4:24am On Aug 30, 2013
If u ar tired of giving out 20 naira den ask d fedral govt 2 witdraw al d police if u wil nt pay wit ur lif idiot!
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by adamooye5(m): 5:40am On Aug 30, 2013
okorafor aboy: abeg,if una no tell me how to post something on nairaland,i go go hang myself today.
Lol
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 30, 2013
okorafor aboy: abeg,if una no tell me how to post something on nairaland,i go go hang myself today.

Happy Hanging.RIP in advance.
Re: Policeman Caught In The 'N20' Act (Pictures) by mayor121: 8:36am On Aug 30, 2013
naija make we leave police alone, nobi only dem dey take bribe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Marketers Give Conditions For Exposing Those Behind Fuel Scarcity / Buratai Transparent About Dubai Properties: FG / Justice Ofili-ajumogobia Finally Surrenders To efcc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.