Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools (21141 Views)

Boko Haram "Writes" Public Schools In Lagos / Apapa Blasts: Lagos Issues First-line Order To Public Schools / Lagos Rejects Move To Reduce Income Tax Rates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by tpia5: 8:22pm On May 15, 2013
tintingz: we are talking of school assembly, these one is saying boko haram

Do you even know what 'boko' 'haram' means?

Did you not finish school or you're still seeking admission, you seem to have time on your hands.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by gramci: 8:28pm On May 15, 2013
bingils:

What you have up there is exactly the reason why your women are made to look so cheap, exposing every single part of their body for men to see, I will never have respect or feeling for women who don't cover their bo.ssoms, instead walk about na.ked all in the name of some use.less civilisation.

Modesty is pure, keep your body sacred & holy, wearing revealing dresses undermines the woman in you, instead you are regarded as a cheap s.lut with no hope for the future...

A girl on Hijab has fear for her Creator, not to excite a man's lustful desire, whether you like it or not every part of a woman's body is tempting to men, some men might consider just her legs as sexy, not to talk of seeing the her bo.ssom or other tempting parts of her body!

Typical case is when you have a lady fully dressed and covered in Hijab & some lady who is half dressed & exposing tempting parts of her body, both coming to walk by pass a group of hoodlums, which of them to you is more vulnerable to be attacked by the hoodlums? The answer is not far fetched the na.ked lady of course...

Hijab is a woman's right, and every right thinking Muslim woman is expected to wear it as ordained by Allah anytime she leaves the four walls of her home!

This mindset of yours is the exact reason why women are still imprisoned in saudi arabia and most muslim nation.

I pity muslim women cos only God knows when people like you will stop seeing them as lesser mortals. You conveniently hide under the cover of indecency to deny them of their basic rights

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by superstar1(m): 8:58pm On May 15, 2013
The question I am posting to all of u defending this hijab wearing in school is, how will you feel seeing your children in the same class with an ifa child with palm fronds on her waisy,cowries on her fore head and White powder or chalk on her face, all in the name of her exercising her choice of religion?

If government decide to create a Moslem school or Christian school, the traditional worshippers too have equal and full right to demand same, likewise the atheist. In as much as they are tax payers too.

Be objective, civil and holistic in your view of things. For the MSS people making noise, the government policy has stated in policy documents for uniform in government schools clearly states what a school uniform should be. If any court rules that hijab must be allowed, definitely palm fronds, sutana, rosary, holy water, and pasting of religious programme posters on school uniform has become admissible and we shall witness a ununiform uniformity in our schools.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by superstar1(m): 9:02pm On May 15, 2013
The question I am posting to all of u defending this hijab wearing in school is, how will you feel seeing your children in the same class with an ifa child with palm fronds on her waisy,cowries on her fore head and White powder or chalk on her face, all in the name of her exercising her choice of religion?

If government decide to create a Moslem school or Christian school, the traditional worshippers too have equal and full right to demand same, likewise the atheist. In as much as they are tax payers too.

Be objective, civil and holistic in your view of things. For the MSS people making noise, the government policy has stated in policy documents for uniform in government schools clearly states what a school uniform should be. If any court rules that hijab must be allowed, definitely palm fronds, sutana, rosary, holy water, and pasting of religious programme posters on school uniform has become admissible and we shall witness an ununiform uniformity in our schools.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by tpia5: 9:24pm On May 15, 2013
i dont know why people like to draw a line in the sand and dare others to cross it.

for goodness sake, there is a middle ground and stop disturbing folks all the time!!!!!

this is why nigeria does not progress. undecided

all this unnecessary aggravo and constant irritability is an effect of outside exposure i'm sure. undecided
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by LandofMH: 9:53pm On May 15, 2013
gramci:

This mindset of yours is the exact reason why women are still imprisoned in saudi arabia and most muslim nation.

I pity muslim women cos only God knows when people like you will stop seeing them as lesser mortals. You conveniently hide under the cover of indecency to deny them of their basic rights

It doesnt matter where or how you look at it women are abused in every society. In societies like Saudi Arabia where their chastity is guarded they are safe from the humiliation of rape, denigration and unwanted children.

In societies like USA where women show cleavage and their underwears and skin, the attacks, kidnaps, rapes, murders and disrespect of womanhood ......and motherhood is very rampant. It is a problem worse than cancer in that country.

So which of these two countries would you say is more protective of women's rights?

Let me remind you also that head cover is not just a muslim thing.

1. Jewish women must not enter the synagogue without headcover
2. Jewish girls in orthodox Jewish settlements must not be seen in public without headcover
3. Orthodox Christian women and their girls keep their head covers on in public
4. Christians and Muslims of Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, Iran, keep their hijabs on even in public.
5. Hindu women wear their hedcover when in public

Hijab is not something scary....its just a headcover and its use is not limited to Islam.

Hijab has nothing to do with civilization or academic achievement. Christiane Amanpour is a household name all over the world....when she interviews religious heads of the Islamic, Jewish, Christianity, Hindu.....and even the Dalai Lama, she keeps her head covered.

Nigerians travel all over the world.....look in every corner of the world, even in Alaska, there are Nigerians, and yt when it comes to an issue so simple as the culture of women in religion....we fail to apply our global knowledge. Very pathetic!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by olumide098(m): 9:59pm On May 15, 2013
you wan kill person with laugh oooo... circular versus secular.. rolling on my bed jooor

cogitoErgo:
Henhen, which state is rectangular grin but I got ur idea
o! (its secular)
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by LandofMH: 10:10pm On May 15, 2013
superstar1: The question I am posting to all of u defending this hijab wearing in school is, how will you feel seeing your children in the same class with an ifa child with palm fronds on her waisy,cowries on her fore head and White powder or chalk on her face, all in the name of her exercising her choice of religion?

Be objective, civil and holistic in your view of things. For the MSS people making noise, the government policy has stated in policy documents for uniform in government schools clearly states what a school uniform should be. If any court rules that hijab must be allowed, definitely palm fronds, sutana, rosary, holy water, and pasting of religious programme posters on school uniform has become admissible and we shall witness an ununiform uniformity in our schools.

Those descriptions of an Ifa practitioner are inconsistent with the dress code. What you described shows you are unfamiliar with the rites of Ifa. Ifa faithfuls dress simply as anybody else. The followers of certain line of deities may have to wear certain colors, like white for olokun, red and black for ogun and so on, otherwise all these face painting and palm fronds on the waist is just an exagerration.

On the issue of public schools in Lagos. All schools in Lagos were missionary schools up till about 1980 when the influx of Easterners forced the government to make accomodation for more schools.

All the muslim missionary schools had the same rule some of which is emphasized here by the commissioner for education...viz, hijab is personal but no girl must attend prayer without one or go into the school mosque without one and Friday prayer was compulsory on all muslim students, male or female and all female students must be in hijab for Friday prayer.

The Christian missionary schools had same rule regarding head cover.

We must then ask, what has changed philosophically for us that these rules are no longer acceptable and we'd prefer to kill one another over who covers head and who doesnt ?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by farem: 10:18pm On May 15, 2013
mekaboy:

Boko haram shout it everyday when they go to kill innocent people, kabiru sokoto shouted it when he went to bomb this day. Abubakar shakeu shouts everyday with AK47 on youtube.
[color=#990000]
ANYTIME THEY SHOUT IT, IT GENERATES NEGATIVE ENERGY (ANNOYANCE ), WE DONT WANT IT SHOUTED IN OUR SCHOOLS. PLS PROTECT OUR FUTURE.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by iwanchop(m): 10:22pm On May 15, 2013
Jaidey-one:
Nice move!!! if hijabs would be allowed then traditionalists should also be allowed to wear their igbadi, ifunpa, onde to schools tongue

You are naughty
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by kennydee05(m): 10:41pm On May 15, 2013
abubello: what happens to freedom to practice one's religion
Nothing has happened Τ̅☺ freedom Τ̅☺ practice one's religion but Τ̲̅ђέ rule says wearing ؃ hijab į̸̸̨§ not part ؃ Τ̲̅ђέ school uniform...
Back Τ̅☺ .̸ƔõúR question Ƴöů can practice u̶̲̥̅̊я religion either in Τ̲̅ђέ mosque or church
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 15, 2013
This approach is highly recommended to Governor Aregbesola of Osun State. Parents who want their female wards in hijab should send them to private Muslim schools like Fomwan, Adedayo Karim and not insist on that in public schools. Stretch the fabric of the hijab issue a little and the Muslim students will soon start an agitation to be allowed to pray five times a day while at school. Imagine that happening at Baptist Girls High School where a church is! Flip the coin and imagine Christian students holding a worship service in school at A.U.D. Primary School Oke-Bale where the Eid grounds are located. Wiser it is to keep religious practices outta our public schools. I fervently hope Governor will pursue this course!
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Antivirus92(m): 11:00pm On May 15, 2013
kai wallahi! wetin dis fashola wan do por lagwos? abdul,musa,shakarau,idris! make una bring am por ak47 my own i dey my back. we gwo destroy am por lagwos. kai jihad i don begin!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 15, 2013
This approach is highly recommended to Governor Aregbesola of Osun State. Parents who want their female wards in hijab should send them to private Muslim schools like Fomwan, Adedayo Karim and not insist on them using hijab in public schools. Stretch the fabric of the hijab issue a little and the Muslim students will soon start an agitation to be allowed to pray five times a day while at school. Imagine that happening at Baptist Girls High School where a church is! Flip the coin and imagine Christian students holding a worship service in school at A.U.D. Primary School Oke-Bale where the Eid grounds are located. Wiser it is to keep religious practices outta our public schools. I fervently hope Governor Aregbesola will pursue this course!
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Biggyd2: 11:06pm On May 15, 2013
Good, he should also ban the use of loud speakers early in the morning and at night by any religion(christian, Muslim, traditional or whatever) that believes that God only hears them when they scream/shout into microphones and megaphones! angry. I mean, we should all try to respect others and ourselves in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 15, 2013
Fussbot: u only had dis 2 say?aye e de ma baje ni!

Oh I took u by surprise ba??dat's me..omode e buroko.on weyin,ojo lo ro pe oluwere n pani ni??

Ma fi yee pe omo ibadan ni mi...al dos curse wey u giv me on sunday na small 2 d 1s in ibadan..

Ko ni bee shan fun e..reply me jhoor...alayebaje..mtscheew..hmmm
more,more,more please cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy you will be a very good comedian o.you sabi crack me up well cheesy 8-)
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by BinghiNya(m): 11:14pm On May 15, 2013
1. Nairaland is full of illiterates
2. Nairaland is full of people with iq's lower than that of a sheep
3. Hijab is meant to cover the head and the bosom and nothing more, a check on the uniforms of these girls show a lot of tight fitting body hugging stuffs they can't even bend down properly.
4. Christianity of these times allows for exposure of the unmentionables.
5. Jesus christ covered his head as a man but your women find it hard to do same.
6. Why do Rev. Sisters wear their capes even in public schools.
7. Why do christians pray on the assembly when the school is not a church.
8. Why don't christians go to school on sunday like muslims do on fridays.
9. Will you fools honestly allow your daughters expose her body to wicked males out there whether in school or not.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 11:19pm On May 15, 2013
Fussbot: U no fit reply me again abi kuli??asho tie le ode!

Tel ur partner am coming 4 her 2....idi*ts..mtscheew...
heheheh cheesy cheesy cheesy omo hiiii beee.i fit buy oil for you so you go w,ank well well after eating amala and gbegiri cheesy but why you no wan get sense like this to know say no be everybody jobless like you na cheesy na everytime i go dey enter nairaland 8-) so how market cheesy you see people bag snatch for night wink

meanwhile idowu sef bin dey wait for you since na.but if you wan see am you have to type a dictionary size of swear because e be like say na wetin your people for house use train you. By the way sef shey lines dey your cheeks like 2b exercise book cheesy because i know say them dey disfigure your cheeks with that thing,maybe them add am for your brain side na why the thing no too dey function,oya more... cheesy
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by lawalluck: 11:53pm On May 15, 2013
We (MSSN) want to state unequivocally that the claim of Mrs Oladunjoye was an absolute lie and an attempt to
obstruct the course of justice.
The pronouncement by the
commissioner is an after thought
and a flagrant disrespect for the
rule of law. We have already served
the government court notice on the
issue and Justice Oyewole of the
State High Court had fixed May 27,
2013 for hearing of our suit. So, we
wonder why the commissioner, who
we believe, knows the position of
the law, would come out to make
such irresponsible pronouncement.
Her action makes us to question her
professional integrity as a lawyer!
As we have stated in our previous
positions, we will employ all legal
and peaceful means to ensure our
rights are not denied us. The
constitution of Nigeria recognises
the right to use hijab in schools and
nobody can take it away from us.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by IYANGBALI: 11:54pm On May 15, 2013
9jadelta: now that's how to rule a secular state. god bless fashola for that
Fashola for president

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by IYANGBALI: 11:55pm On May 15, 2013
lawalluck: We (MSSN) want to state unequivocally that the claim of Mrs Oladunjoye was an absolute lie and an attempt to
obstruct the course of justice.
The pronouncement by the
commissioner is an after thought
and a flagrant disrespect for the
rule of law. We have already served
the government court notice on the
issue and Justice Oyewole of the
State High Court had fixed May 27,
2013 for hearing of our suit. So, we
wonder why the commissioner, who
we believe, knows the position of
the law, would come out to make
such irresponsible pronouncement.
Her action makes us to question her
professional integrity as a lawyer!
As we have stated in our previous
positions, we will employ all legal
and peaceful means to ensure our
rights are not denied us. The
constitution of Nigeria recognises
the right to use hijab in schools and
nobody can take it away from us.
shut the fok up looser

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by IYANGBALI: 11:58pm On May 15, 2013
BinghiNya: 1. Nairaland is full of illiterates
2. Nairaland is full of people with iq's lower than that of a sheep
3. Hijab is meant to cover the head and the bosom and nothing more, a check on the uniforms of these girls show a lot of tight fitting body hugging stuffs they can't even bend down properly.
4. Christianity of these times allows for exposure of the unmentionables.
5. Jesus christ covered his head as a man but your women find it hard to do same.
6. Why do Rev. Sisters wear their capes even in public schools.
7. Why do christians pray on the assembly when the school is not a church.
8. Why don't christians go to school on sunday like muslims do on fridays.
9. Will you fools honestly allow your daughters expose her body to wicked males out there whether in school or not.
you guys have lost this one at least in lagos,I am sooooooooo happy. Hijab my foot

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by IYANGBALI: 12:00am On May 16, 2013
odeotito: This approach is highly recommended to Governor Aregbesola of Osun State. Parents who want their female wards in hijab should send them to private Muslim schools like Fomwan, Adedayo Karim and not insist on them using hijab in public schools. Stretch the fabric of the hijab issue a little and the Muslim students will soon start an agitation to be allowed to pray five times a day while at school. Imagine that happening at Baptist Girls High School where a church is! Flip the coin and imagine Christian students holding a worship service in school at A.U.D. Primary School Oke-Bale where the Eid grounds are located. Wiser it is to keep religious practices outta our public schools. I fervently hope Governor Aregbesola will pursue this course!
aregbesola would never do that,he is a muslim fanatic,you no see him bia bia and trouser?
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by tintingz(m): 12:04am On May 16, 2013
IYA NGBALI: you guys have lost this one at least in lagos,I am sooooooooo happy. Hijab my foot
the catholic nuns will be disappointed in you...
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by ayinba1(f): 12:16am On May 16, 2013
This is a hundred steps backward! Who is afraid of the hijab? LASG hmmnn! You have only usurped the rights of the citizen who happens to be a muslim. Does the constitution not guarantee freedom of religio?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Fussbot: 12:44am On May 16, 2013
kulyie: heheheh cheesy cheesy cheesy omo hiiii beee.i fit buy oil for you so you go w,ank well well after eating amala and gbegiri cheesy but why you no wan get sense like this to know say no be everybody jobless like you na cheesy na everytime i go dey enter nairaland 8-) so how market cheesy you see people bag snatch for night wink

meanwhile idowu sef bin dey wait for you since na.but if you wan see am you have to type a dictionary size of swear because e be like say na wetin your people for house use train you. By the way sef shey lines dey your cheeks like 2b exercise book cheesy because i know say them dey disfigure your cheeks with that thing,maybe them add am for your brain side na why the thing no too dey function,oya more... cheesy
market make brain jare..we see bags snatch wella....ur papa no tel u ni??we were 2geda ystnit naw snatching bags...maybe u don sleep b4 in come bak sha...mtscheew... oloriburuku

lwkm..like idowu don dey expect me abi??she sabi sae she no go fit sleep again na..ko ni suun..cus she don wake trouble..oti siyan to naw....ha!ha!ha!..ijaya ....tel her am coming 4 her 2 in a giffy......I go teach both of una lesson u go 4get sae una dey find husband..eyin oloshi yi

Meanwhile..am done with u on dis thread..I don't want 2 derail dis sensitive,educative,sense making thread any longer..be xpectin me on anoda thread......awo lo!
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 1:02am On May 16, 2013
Land_of_M&H:

It doesnt matter where or how you look at it women are abused in every society. In societies like Saudi Arabia where their chastity is guarded they are safe from the humiliation of rape, denigration and unwanted children.

In societies like USA where women show cleavage and their underwears and skin, the attacks, kidnaps, rapes, murders and disrespect of womanhood ......and motherhood is very rampant. It is a problem worse than cancer in that country.

So which of these two countries would you say is more protective of women's rights?

Let me remind you also that head cover is not just a muslim thing.

1. Jewish women must not enter the synagogue without headcover
2. Jewish girls in orthodox Jewish settlements must not be seen in public without headcover
3. Orthodox Christian women and their girls keep their head covers on in public
4. Christians and Muslims of Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, Iran, keep their hijabs on even in public.
5. Hindu women wear their hedcover when in public

Hijab is not something scary....its just a headcover and its use is not limited to Islam.

Hijab has nothing to do with civilization or academic achievement. Christiane Amanpour is a household name all over the world....when she interviews religious heads of the Islamic, Jewish, Christianity, Hindu.....and even the Dalai Lama, she keeps her head covered.

Nigerians travel all over the world.....look in every corner of the world, even in Alaska, there are Nigerians, and yt when it comes to an issue so simple as the culture of women in religion....we fail to apply our global knowledge. Very pathetic!

Do you know that Oman, Egypt and some other muslim countries have a higher rape percentage than the US and even Nigeria ( even if you say maybe Nigerian women don't report I can assure you that american women do, probably even more that in muslim countries where there is a big stigma attached to rape. Rape most times is not about dressing but rather about power and dominating women.

All the examples you are giving are of religions and religious figures, Lagos state is a secular state. Why are muslims so unable to understand that religion has no place in certain places. For example a lady was sent out of NYSC camp for wearing trousers and most Christians here agreed with the organisation. When you enter an organisation such as a school or NYSC you must abide by its rules one of which is wearing its stipulated uniform. If you cannot comply for whatever reason you are free to stay true to your beliefs and leave.

Those talking about uniforms been tight are not making any sense as uniforms are not provided by the school. As a parent you can ensure that your child's uniform is decent.
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by page9(m): 1:41am On May 16, 2013
It is obvious that Nigeria still has a long way to go when it comes to religious tolerance. Reading most of the posts, except for a few objective Christians, most posters not all who are Christians are of the opinion that the policy is a right step in the right direction.

The truth is, Lagos state belong to all of us be it Muslims, Christians or any other religion. When people say that as a Muslim, if I can't conform to a policy or law designed to target a particular segment of society, I should take my child to a wholly Muslim school.

Therefore, If I do not have option as regards paying my taxes, then no one should deny me the benefits of my tax because of my faith.

It is so easy to feel unconcerned or happy when your neighbour's right is being trampled upon, tomorrow may be your turn.

Hijab is the least of problem in the educational sector. There are countries in the world where school uniforms is not even recognize and yet they attain good advancement in education..

I know that those who formulated the idea do not mean well for Lagos.

The politicians know the power of religion, that is why you will always see a sudden ahmed in between bola tinubu and raji in between babatunde fashola, and if Muslims in were to mobilise against any party in Lagos, then the party is doomed.

I am very sure the govt will rescind the stupid decision when they realize that they are digging their political grave. I only hope it will not be too late by then.

On those who rejoice over the policy, I pray to God to give you the wisdom to tolerate other peoples' religions and rights because without that, Nigeria is in trouble because till kingdom come, we all can't be of the same religion. Tolerate each we must, to move forward as a true nation and not a mere geographical expression.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 1:48am On May 16, 2013
okpara ugo: Fashola is not a true moslem.

Allahu Akbar!!!

#carrying ak47 on my back#
is this sarcasm?
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 1:50am On May 16, 2013
fabolakers: What's HIJAB?
JIHAD. grin grin
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by Nobody: 1:53am On May 16, 2013
^^^Why are you always smiling?

You must be the happiest Nler ever! undecided
Re: Lagos Rejects Hijab In Public Schools by mekaboy(m): 2:03am On May 16, 2013
page9: It is obvious that Nigeria still has a long way to go when it comes to religious tolerance. Reading most of the posts, except for a few objective Christians, most posters not all who are Christians are of the opinion that the policy is a right step in the right direction.

The truth is, Lagos state belong to all of us be it Muslims, Christians or any other religion. When people say that as a Muslim, if I can't conform to a policy or law designed to target a particular segment of society, I should take my child to a wholly Muslim school.

Therefore, If I do not have option as regards paying my taxes, then no one should deny me the benefits of my tax because of my faith.

It is so easy to feel unconcerned or happy when your neighbour's right is being trampled upon, tomorrow may be your turn.

Hijab is the least of problem in the educational sector. There are countries in the world where school uniforms is not even recognize and yet they attain good advancement in education..

I know that those who formulated the idea do not mean well for Lagos.

The politicians know the power of religion, that is why you will always see a sudden ahmed in between bola tinubu and raji in between babatunde fashola, and if Muslims in were to mobilise against any party in Lagos, then the party is doomed.

I am very sure the govt will rescind the stupid decision when they realize that they are digging their political grave. I only hope it will not be too late by then.

On those who rejoice over the policy, I pray to God to give you the wisdom to tolerate other peoples' religions and rights because without that, Nigeria is in trouble because till kingdom come, we all can't be of the same religion. Tolerate each we must, to move forward as a true nation and not a mere geographical expression.

Here you go again, what makes you say the law is targeted at muslims? Is your religion superior to that of those who abide by the rules of the school and stick to uniforms?

What does uniform mean? Everybody must look identical, no difference. It is a symbol of equality, unity, fairness. The moment u put hijab on it, the uniformity is gone. You are now showing superiority and inequality.

So the law is not targeting anyone, simply design to promote unity in public schools.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Soyinka And Falana React To Ese's Abduction / CCT: Paul Erokoro Blasts FG ‘For Wasting Tribunal’s Time’ / Protesters Burn US Flag In Kano Over Anti-Islam Film

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.