Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

About Abortion. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / About Abortion. (14150 Views)

What They Won't Tell You At The Abortion Clinic. / Your View About Abortion... / 5 Facts About Abortion For The Anti-abortion Crusaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Abortion. by thehomer: 4:59pm On Jun 04, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

And so is the life of the baby.

The baby was born without a brain and would have died shortly after birth if carried to term while the mother didn't look like she would have made it to term.
Re: About Abortion. by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:30pm On Jun 04, 2013
thehomer:

The baby was born without a brain and would have died shortly after birth if carried to term while the mother didn't look like she would have made it to term.

Then leave the medical doctors to make the ethical decision in preventing both deaths instead of using lawyers to promote your pro-choice campaign.

Re: About Abortion. by thehomer: 6:41pm On Jun 04, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Then leave the medical doctors to make the ethical decision in preventing both deaths instead of using lawyers to promote your pro-choice campaign.

Some doctors are also in support of abortions. So take your advice and leave them to make the ethical decision.
Re: About Abortion. by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:07am On Jun 06, 2013
thehomer:

Some doctors are also in support of abortions. So take your advice and leave them to make the ethical decision.

Referring to the medical institution in your scenario, the doctors concluded that the case was under control only for the lawyers and politicians to say otherwise. The medical profession has a duty of care and respect for human sanctity.

Re: About Abortion. by thehomer: 12:23pm On Jun 06, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Referring to the medical institution in your scenario, the doctors concluded that the case was under control only for the lawyers and politicians to say otherwise. The medical profession has a duty of care and respect for human sanctity.

So doctors can perform an abortion once they conclude the case is under control.

1 Like

Re: About Abortion. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:20pm On Jun 06, 2013
thehomer:

So doctors can perform an abortion once they conclude the case is under control.

What did you think they were saying?

Re: About Abortion. by Kay17: 1:47pm On Jun 06, 2013
^^
Under what duty is a woman obliged to carry a pregnancy?
Re: About Abortion. by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:17pm On Jun 06, 2013
Kay 17: ^^

Under what duty is a woman obliged to carry a pregnancy?

As soon as she realises that she is carrying another human being. The option of surrogacy, test tube and adoption is also available.

Re: About Abortion. by Kay17: 4:43pm On Jun 06, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

As soon as she realises that she is carrying another human being. The option of surrogacy, test tube and adoption is also available.

Under the general rules of property, an individual is entitled to protect, preserve and use his property in the manner he pleases. For a pregnancy, the woman is fully entitled to disallow a pregnancy
Re: About Abortion. by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:18pm On Jun 06, 2013
Kay 17:

Under the general rules of property, an individual is entitled to protect, preserve and use his property in the manner he pleases. For a pregnancy, the woman is fully entitled to disallow a pregnancy

A baby is not a property, he or she is a human being created in the image of God who also has the right to live either inside or outside the mother.

Since you are not even sure when human life begins why would you proceed to abort the pregnancy regardless?
Re: About Abortion. by Kay17: 5:57pm On Jun 06, 2013
^^
Yet you can't deny the existence of the rights of a woman over her body. And these rights are exercisable against other persons including foetus!
Re: About Abortion. by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:53pm On Jun 06, 2013
Kay 17: ^^

Yet you can't deny the existence of the rights of a woman over her body. And these rights are exercisable against other persons including foetus!

Either you call it foetus, pregnancy or cells the fact remains that the baby is a human life separate from the life of the mother and has equal right to live.
Re: About Abortion. by thehomer: 9:18pm On Jun 06, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

What did you think they were saying?

Oh I know what they were saying. I'm wondering whether or not you agree that a doctor can perform abortions at will because that is what your acceptance would amount to.
Re: About Abortion. by thehomer: 9:19pm On Jun 06, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

This is ridiculous. A pregnant woman has the option of surrogacy for the child she's already carrying? The can chuck that baby into a test tube? You're one strange guy I must say.
Re: About Abortion. by Kay17: 10:04am On Jun 07, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Either you call it foetus, pregnancy or cells the fact remains that the baby is a human life separate from the life of the mother and has equal right to live.

What I'm saying is: the right to life of the foetus is at the behest of the woman. Otherwise its right to life is impracticable. And the law does not demand the impossible.
Re: About Abortion. by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:20am On Jun 07, 2013
thehomer:

Oh I know what they were saying. I'm wondering whether or not you agree that a doctor can perform abortions at will because that is what your acceptance would amount to.

Those who kill babies at will should face the music as the doctor in the OP will.
Re: About Abortion. by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:32am On Jun 07, 2013
thehomer:

This is ridiculous. A pregnant woman has the option of surrogacy for the child she's already carrying? The can chuck that baby into a test tube? You're one strange guy I must say.

I only responded to Kay 17 who asked why the woman is not obliged to carry the pregnancy.
Re: About Abortion. by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:36am On Jun 07, 2013
Kay 17:

What I'm saying is: the right to life of the foetus is at the behest of the woman. Otherwise its right to life is impracticable. And the law does not demand the impossible.

You may call it foetus but I insist that it is a baby. The fact that the woman has a duty of care for the baby doesn't mean that she may terminate the life. Do you have the right to kill a child that is under your custody?
Re: About Abortion. by thehomer: 6:44pm On Jun 07, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Those who kill babies at will should face the music as the doctor in the OP will.

How about the doctors in the article I posted?
Re: About Abortion. by thehomer: 6:46pm On Jun 07, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

I only responded to Kay 17 who asked why the woman is not obliged to carry the pregnancy.

Yes you did. But as I pointed out, the options you gave other than adoption aren't possible at least for now.
Re: About Abortion. by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:56pm On Jun 07, 2013
thehomer:

Yes you did. But as I pointed out, the options you gave other than adoption aren't possible at least for now.

Adoption is a viable option then.

Re: About Abortion. by thehomer: 6:59pm On Jun 07, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Adoption is a viable option then.

Of course. But then it requires a certain type of social support and of course as I've said, before the age of viability, the mother is free to do whatever she wants.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Do Sinners Immediately Go To Hell, But Satan And Demons Are Not There Yet ? / What's The Difference Between Grace And Mercy? / Is It A Sin To Woo A Lady In The Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.