Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,470 members, 7,819,718 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

About Abortion. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / About Abortion. (14151 Views)

What They Won't Tell You At The Abortion Clinic. / Your View About Abortion... / 5 Facts About Abortion For The Anti-abortion Crusaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Abortion. by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 18, 2013
Mr anony:

Care to show us a picture of what most aborted babies look like?

According to Statistics Canada, 0.7% of all abortions performed in 2003 occurred after 20 weeks of gestation, with 90% occurring in the first 12 weeks
http://www.canadiansforchoice.ca/mythbrochure.pdf

Eighty-eight percent of abortions occur in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, 2006.(USA)
(61.8% before the 9th week)
http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abortion.html

Week 12
Re: About Abortion. by DeepSight(m): 1:47pm On May 18, 2013
Reyginus: You're elevating emotions above reason here.
To answer your question, irrespective of whether I decide to accept the child or reject it based on my emotions, the principal thing is that it is utterly wrong to terminate the life.
Don't you think it doesn't matter how I take it so long as their is a proper definition between what is wrong and good?

Please be courageous enough to answer my questions one by one and specifically.
Re: About Abortion. by Mranony: 2:24pm On May 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

According to Statistics Canada, 0.7% of all abortions performed in 2003 occurred after 20 weeks of gestation, with 90% occurring in the first 12 weeks
http://www.canadiansforchoice.ca/mythbrochure.pdf

Eighty-eight percent of abortions occur in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, 2006.(USA)
(61.8% before the 9th week)
http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abortion.html

Week 12
Interesting... here's a picture of an aborted 12 week old fetus

[size=14pt]THE ABOVE PICTURE IS WHAT MOST ABORTIONS LOOK LIKE. 90% of them actually[/size]

Tell me again, logicboy. Is that a human being or not?
Tell me again, Am I a 1-dimensional heartless dolt for pleading that he should be allowed to live?
Re: About Abortion. by wiegraf: 2:37pm On May 18, 2013
Mr anony:
You started the emotional argument when you called me heartless.

Well, I remember you calling me a murderer, and I'm not the only one.

And no, those are not babies.
Re: About Abortion. by Mranony: 2:39pm On May 18, 2013
wiegraf:

You were only called a murderer in as much as you were advocating the unjust killing of those babies.

p/s I didn't actually call you a murderer but I'll admit it was implied in my statements.
Re: About Abortion. by wiegraf: 2:45pm On May 18, 2013
Mr anony:
You were only called a murderer in as much as you were advocating the death of the babies.

You were only a heartless dolt in as much as you were advocating blatantly infringing on the rights of people, ruining the lives of many along the way.

Btw, again, they are not babies. Perhaps I should find pictures of sperm and make the same silly appeal you just made?
Re: About Abortion. by Mranony: 2:52pm On May 18, 2013
wiegraf:

You were only a heartless dolt in as much as you were advocating blatantly infringing on the rights of people, ruining the lives of many along the way.
Lol, of course who am I to infringe upon the rights of murderers to kill human beings.

Btw, again, they are not babies.
Lol, is that what you tell yourself to ease your conscience?

Perhaps I should find pictures of sperm and make the same silly appeal you just made?
Yeah, and I'll find pictures of red blood cells as well.

1 Like

Re: About Abortion. by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 18, 2013
Mr anony:
You started the emotional argument when you called me heartless.

wiegraf:

Anony the hypocrite grin grin grin grin
Re: About Abortion. by wiegraf: 3:15pm On May 18, 2013
Mr anony:
Lol, of course who am I to infringe upon the rights of murderers to kill human beings.

Lol, is that what you tell yourself to ease your conscience?

Yeah, and I'll find pictures of red blood cells as well.

I believe this post illustrates your nonsense quite brilliantly. This is even lower than the usual anony-sms. You've done well, thank you.

Try to add pictures of human kidneys, sweat, $hit, and even more fetuses. All these are human, true, but they're clearly not human beings.
Re: About Abortion. by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 18, 2013
Mr anony:
Interesting... here's a picture of an aborted 12 week old fetus

[size=14pt]THE ABOVE PICTURE IS WHAT MOST ABORTIONS LOOK LIKE. 90% of them actually[/size]

Tell me again, logicboy. Is that a human being or not?
Tell me again, Am I a 1-dimensional heartless dolt for pleading that he should be allowed to live?

nope, 60% of them are before 9th week
88%/90% before 12 week

not at the 12th week but before

Note that you were disagreeing with me when i said tha your pic of an aborted baby is not what most aborted babies look like. Dont change the subject
Re: About Abortion. by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 18, 2013
Deep Sight:

Please be courageous enough to answer my questions one by one and specifically.
Courageous? I don't understand if my answer can determine whether it is morally justifiable or not. You are placing the victims at the helm of what is moral and this should not be so.
But since you want a sincere answer, here is it.
I will welcome the child.
Re: About Abortion. by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 18, 2013
Reyginus: Courageous? I don't understand if my answer could determine whether it is morally justifiable or not. You are placing the victims at the helm of what is moral and this should not be so.
But since you want a sincere answer, here is it.
I will welcome the child.

May God answer your prayers.
Re: About Abortion. by Mranony: 3:47pm On May 18, 2013
Logicboy03:
nope, 60% of them are before 9th week
88%/90% before 12 week

not at the 12th week but before

Note that you were disagreeing with me when i said tha your pic of an aborted baby is not what most aborted babies look like. Dont change the subject
I haven't failed to notice that you are no longer contesting whether the baby is human being or not. What you are now contesting is the difference between the words "at" and "before".

Let me quote you

Logicboy03:
Agreed but there is a problem......there cant be a limit on when to abort....

Anony and I went to a debate in London about whether there should be a limited time for abortion. Most people there were for abortion but they were ready to leave the decision to the mother or to the state for a limited abortion. The woman or women should decide.

The major reason was that...no one can truly decide when a baby in the womb is "truly human" or "truly conscious"......a slippery slope

-A point which I raised in the debate;
If a woman was kidnapped for 7 months and raped.....then, she was rescued later with a 7 month plus pregnancy, shouldnt she have the right to get an abortion?

You have justified abortion all through the 9 months. I don't even have to argue over what "most abortions look like". That's like trying to justify murder by arguing over what "most murders look like".

All you have to do now is answer one question: Is the baby in the womb a human being or not?

1 Like

Re: About Abortion. by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

May God answer your prayers.
The God you don't believe in. Mind you, this is not an invitation to deviate.
Re: About Abortion. by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 18, 2013
Reyginus: The God you don't believe in. Mind you, this is not an invitation to deviate.

If you had sense, you would have understood the deeper meaning of what I said.
Re: About Abortion. by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 18, 2013
Mr anony:
I haven't failed to notice that you are no longer contesting whether the baby is human being or not. What you are now contesting is the difference between the words "at" and "before".

Let me quote you

You have justified abortion all through the 9 months. I don't even have to argue over what "most abortions look like". That's like trying to justify murder by arguing over what "most murders look like".

All you have to do now is answer one question: Is the baby in the womb a human being or not?

You are lost.

Retrace your steps back to what we were debating. Twisting and turning has confused you clearly.

Taking my reply to deepsight as a reply to your argument.....

Anyways, the point has been made. Your christian backed opinion has led to blackmarket and toilet abortions, babies that grow up to be juvenile deliquents and frustrated mothers.

My opinions have led to a more civil society with women getting the best options she has for her pregnancy- counselling before deciding to abort or not. Proper doctors handling the abortion and most of all, the woman deciding her future.
Re: About Abortion. by Mranony: 5:18pm On May 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

You are lost.

Retrace your steps back to what we were debating. Twisting and turning has confused you clearly.

Taking my reply to deepsight as a reply to your argument.....

Anyways, the point has been made. Your christian backed opinion has led to blackmarket and toilet abortions, babies that grow up to be juvenile deliquents and frustrated mothers.

My opinions have led to a more civil society with women getting the best options she has for her pregnancy- counselling before deciding to abort or not. Proper doctors handling the abortion and most of all, the woman deciding her future.
Lol of course. Even the nazis also believed that their opinions led to a more civil society
Re: About Abortion. by Nobody: 5:21pm On May 18, 2013
Mr anony:
Lol of course. Even the nazis also believed that their opinions led to a more civil society

SMH....comparing present day liberal principles on abortion to Nazism?

You are silly. We know how people behave when they are empty of thought

#unfollowing
Re: About Abortion. by Mranony: 5:29pm On May 18, 2013
Logicboy03:
SMH....comparing present day liberal principles on abortion to Nazism?
They are both leading to the murder of millions of people

You are silly. We know how people behave when they are empty of thought
Yes, they behave like Nazis and Liberals

#unfollowing
You won't be missed

1 Like

Re: About Abortion. by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

If you had sense, you would have understood the deeper meaning of what I said.

Lol. O' knight, make me understand this deep meaning.
Re: About Abortion. by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 18, 2013
Mr anony:
You won't be missed
Before you go logicboy, I ask that you summarize your victory here in one word, starting with the letter 'd'.
Re: About Abortion. by Vansnickers: 7:55pm On May 18, 2013
striktlymi:

Morning Van,

Though what you put forth is a completely different scenario from what I intended...anyways, since it has to do with life, I will give you my thoughts on the matter...

I believe firmly that every life is precious and should be preserved...a Mother's life is precious, so too is the life of her child...

The doctors have to decide who between the child and the mother, who has a greater chance of survival and whether it is possible to save them both...

Abortion involves the deliberate termination of life...

Save the mum without wanting the death of the child and where possible save the child too. I do not support a deliberate killing of a child no matter what.

Cool. The thing is that most People have a very generic view of Abortion. When most People hear the Word Abortion, their minds immediately go to the Image of a Non-caring, inexperienced Pregnant lady that wants to kill her Unborn Child. There are some very humane reasons for wanting an Abortion.

Another Analogy: A Woman is a few months pregnant but from Ultra-scans, they discover that the baby is severely deformed. If the Baby is born, it will go through a life of Pain. In this Case is it Justified for the Baby to be born?
Re: About Abortion. by thehomer: 10:53am On May 19, 2013
striktlymi:

...and we take this because my Homy has spoken?

Yep!

No because your so-called modification didn't change your argument.

striktlymi:
That really is not a change in life but simply a development in 'structure'...the life remains the same. The 'structure' of every human changes as it develops but the life still remains the same.

Now sniff the life out of that our beautiful "fertilized egg" and let's see what will become of our "several trillion celled human".

Is the life of an organism without a brain the same as the life of an organism with a brain?

striktlymi:
Now you err my good sir...I have demonstrated the 'doggedness' of my argument...you want me to do it again?

False. You haven't.
Re: About Abortion. by thehomer: 11:04am On May 19, 2013
Mr anony:
Is the baby in the womb human?

As long as the baby is human, rape is not an excuse to kill it. Emotional answers do not count here.

Well, is it human? You've not been able to show that it is without resorting to a fallacious line of reasoning.
Re: About Abortion. by wirinet(m): 1:33pm On May 19, 2013
I am honesty tired of these anti abortion debates debates, we have argued the same points over and over again and it will come up again in the future.

Anony and co are just using emotional blackmail in comparing the holocaust to abortion of a foetus, it is a very dishonest attempt to get people to tow your religious and moral lines. There is no jurisdiction in the world that equates abortion to murder. It is called abortion. You can check the dictionary to understand what it means to abort a process - a baby in these case.

A baby is born the second it leaves the womb of his mother, before that it is a foetus (a potential baby), and its rights are tied to that of the mother.

All these moral anger dictated at women is to control what women do with their bodies, it pains loss of religious zealots that women now have liberties over their bodies unlike in the past where they were controlled by men and the society at large.

So who is committing the so called holocaust against babies, the women, the doctors or abortion clinics. I hope you people do not go round burning abortion clinics.

If you people feel so your sensibilities or rights have been infringed upon by abortionist mothers, doctors or clinics, you have the legal option.
Re: About Abortion. by Mranony: 7:32pm On May 22, 2013
thehomer:

Well, is it human?

Why don't you tell me. Is it human?
Re: About Abortion. by thehomer: 7:43pm On May 22, 2013
Mr anony:

Why don't you tell me. Is it human?

That doesn't look like a zygote to me. Neither does it look like anyone I know so can you tell me how it is human since you think it is?
Re: About Abortion. by Mranony: 8:26pm On May 22, 2013
thehomer:

That doesn't look like a zygote to me. Neither does it look like anyone I know so can you tell me how it is human since you think it is?
Is it human? Yes or no.
Re: About Abortion. by thehomer: 8:33pm On May 22, 2013
Mr anony:
Is it human? Yes or no.

If you recall, that was one of my questions to you that you never answered non-fallaciously.

Though whatever it is, if it isn't yet at the age of viability, I don't think that it has rights equal to or superior to that of the mother.
Re: About Abortion. by Mranony: 9:39pm On May 22, 2013
thehomer:
If you recall, that was one of my questions to you that you never answered non-fallaciously.
I have answered you clearly that a human being is a human being because of the nature of what he is and not what his body looks like i.e. a person does not grow into becoming a human being. A person is a human being from conception until death.

Your accusation that I have committed the slippery slope fallacy is baseless because, there is no "slope of humanness" one is either human or isn't.

Though whatever it is, if it isn't yet at the age of viability, I don't think that it has rights equal to or superior to that of the mother.
You still haven't said whether it is human or not. Does the age of viability determine whether a one is human or not? If the age of viability doesn't determine if one is human or not then bringing it up has no relevance to the question you were asked.
Re: About Abortion. by thehomer: 9:51pm On May 22, 2013
Mr anony:
I have answered you clearly that a human being is a human being because of the nature of what he is and not what his body looks like i.e. a person does not grow into becoming a human being. A person is a human being from conception until death.

Your accusation that I have committed the slippery slope fallacy is baseless because, there is no "slope of humanness" one is either human or isn't.

But you did commit the logical fallacy and so far, you've done nothing to rectify it. Saying that a single celled organism or a two celled organism is a human being is just ridiculous.

Mr anony:
You still haven't said whether it is human or not. Does the age of viability determine whether a one is human or not? If the age of viability doesn't determine if one is human or not then bringing it up has no relevance to the question you were asked.

As far as I'm concerned, the question of whether or not it is human is irrelevant since as I'm sure you know, rights can be denied with good reason. So, saying that it is human and therefore deserving to be imposed on the mother isn't enough.
Re: About Abortion. by Mranony: 10:04pm On May 22, 2013
thehomer:

But you did commit the logical fallacy and so far, you've done nothing to rectify it. Saying that a single celled organism or a two celled organism is a human being is just ridiculous.
Lol, ridiculous because you say so? Tell me, how do you define a human being?

As far as I'm concerned, the question of whether or not it is human is irrelevant since as I'm sure you know, rights can be denied with good reason. So, saying that it is human and therefore deserving to be imposed on the mother isn't enough.
Interesting, so a human being's right to life can be denied based solely on another person's "right" to choose to end it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Do Sinners Immediately Go To Hell, But Satan And Demons Are Not There Yet ? / What's The Difference Between Grace And Mercy? / Is It A Sin To Woo A Lady In The Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.