Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,681 members, 7,820,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Can Someone Please Explain... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Someone Please Explain... (1487 Views)

A Relationship Coach In The House Should Please Explain This. Am Confused! / How Do I Explain Where I Got Her Number, If I Dont Want Her To Know The Truth! / Can Someone Please Explain Just What The Heck Is Wrong With Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Please Explain... by Princessmel(f): 4:14pm On May 16, 2013
...If it is acceptable for a girl to propose to a guy?
My friend just brought this up with me and I was speechless so nairalanders what is your take on this?
Re: Can Someone Please Explain... by Nobody: 5:40pm On May 16, 2013
No.
Re: Can Someone Please Explain... by Popowaa: 6:55pm On May 16, 2013
Propose as in marriage i dont agree,but to ask a guy out is cool.It is no big deal cos we are in the 21st century and it is only a man with the archaic kind of brain that will call such a woman cheap.Is better to express ur feelings and be turned down than keeping mute and battling "heart attack" anytime u see him with a cool girl.
Princessmel: ...If it is acceptable for a girl to propose to a guy?
My friend just brought this up with me and I was speechless so nairalanders what is your take on this?
Re: Can Someone Please Explain... by Princessmel(f): 7:11pm On May 16, 2013
Popowaa: Propose as in marriage i dont agree,but to ask a guy out is cool.It is no big deal cos we are in the 21st century and it is only a man with the archaic kind of brain that will call such a woman cheap.Is better to express ur feelings and be turned down than keeping mute and battling "heart attack" anytime u see him with a cool girl.
Thanks for your reply, it seems people are very quiet today, I meant marriage but on the issue if asking out ,dont you think the man would always have at the back of his mind that she was the one that asked him out in the first place so he can misbehave if he wants ?
Re: Can Someone Please Explain... by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 16, 2013
Yes. but i personally dont agree with it..but doesn't mean it s wrong...
Re: Can Someone Please Explain... by Princessmel(f): 7:17pm On May 16, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
Yes. but i personally dont agree with it..but doesn't mean it s wrong...
I can't understand why you don't agree with it? I never thought of it but after my friend told me I don't see the harm or what's bad?
Re: Can Someone Please Explain... by Princessmel(f): 7:19pm On May 16, 2013
I mean if you've been dating a guy for 5 years plus, I see no reason why you don't make the first move and see where things take you rather than wasting your life away? Or is this a wrong way of thinking? Ladies are ageing o
Re: Can Someone Please Explain... by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 16, 2013
to me there is nothing wrong with it...but i personally dont want it....if i have been dating a girl for a long time and dont propose probably means im not gonna....so if she propose to me ill definitely say lets wait a little more..and eventually brake it off...

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Explain... by clemz85(m): 7:35pm On May 16, 2013
hm, dear!
we live in prime time of multiple possibilities, in the sense that what seems wrong for some folks seems right for some folks.

but if U thinks is wrong don't do it, it aint gonnu work for U, vise versa.

my 1shillin
Re: Can Someone Please Explain... by Princessmel(f): 7:37pm On May 16, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
to me there is nothing wrong with it...but i personally dont want it....if i have been dating a girl for a long time and dont propose probably means im not gonna....so if she propose to me ill definitely say lets wait a little more..and eventually brake it off...
That's just evil! Why waste her time then?
Re: Can Someone Please Explain... by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 16, 2013
Princessmel:
That's just evil! Why waste her time then?

I wouldn't do that...she would have known what it was from the start....I never did that...
Re: Can Someone Please Explain... by shizzle11(m): 8:08pm On May 16, 2013
Though some people frown at it, its not really a big deal, it all depends on the guy
Re: Can Someone Please Explain... by shizzle11(m): 8:10pm On May 16, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Lol... Ladies don't understand that they're ready doesn't mean the guy is ready even though they're dating. If the guy isn't thinking marriage at that time and you bring it up, it could easily turn him off, cos he'll feel you are putting pressure on him and men don't like to be pressured on matters like that if they're not ready.
Re: Can Someone Please Explain... by Popowaa: 9:11pm On May 16, 2013
Knowing what you want does not mean u are cheap and with such men u kick their ar.se because they are living in the first century.a woman who knws what she wants and expresses it is a big a big turn on to sm men.If u have one in mind go ahead it will not spoil anything
Princessmel:
Thanks for your reply, it seems people are very quiet today, I meant marriage but on the issue if asking out ,dont you think the man would always have at the back of his mind that she was the one that asked him out in the first place so he can misbehave if he wants ?
Re: Can Someone Please Explain... by firetrap(m): 9:57pm On May 16, 2013
[quote author=shizzle11]

Lol... Ladies doesn't understand that when they're ready doesn't mean the guy is ready even though they're dating. If the guy isn't thinking marriage at that time and you bring it up, it could easily turn him off, cos he'll feel you are putting pressure on him and men don't like to be pressured on matters like that if they're not read
Re: Can Someone Please Explain... by firetrap(m): 10:02pm On May 16, 2013
shizzle11:

Lol... Ladies doesn't understand that when they're ready doesn't mean the guy is ready even though they're dating. If the guy isn't thinking marriage at that time and you bring it up, it could easily turn him off, cos he'll feel you are putting pressure on him and men don't like to be pressured on matters like that if they're not ready.

I agree with you to a certain extent but its not wrong if a woman who's been in a relationship with a guy for like 3 or 4 years tell her man that she'll want to marry him. Sometimes some men are just to comfortable with the way things are in their relationships that they just relax and refuse to take things to the next level. Anything that is stagnant will ultimately die thats why sharks dont ever stop swimming from the moment they're born till they die. such men need to be jolted out of their revere and what better way to do it than to ask his hand in marriage since he's not man enough to do it. So ladies i suggest u take a cue from the sharks and dont let stagnation set in.
Re: Can Someone Please Explain... by BeautfulB(f): 10:09pm On May 16, 2013
sadI don't fink is a gud idea. I personaly don't like it.
Re: Can Someone Please Explain... by BeautfulB(f): 10:14pm On May 16, 2013
firetrap:

I agree with you to a certain extent but its not wrong if a woman who's been in a relationship with a guy for like 3 or 4 years tell her man that she'll want to marry him. Sometimes some men are just to comfortable with the way things are in their relationships that they just relax and refuse to take things to the next level. Anything that is stagnant will ultimately die thats why sharks dont ever stop swimming from the moment they're born till they die. such men need to be jolted out of their revere and what better way to do it than to ask his hand in marriage since he's not man enough to do it. So ladies i suggest u take a cue from the sharks and dont let stagnation set in.

Beautifully said.
shizzle11: Though some people frown at it, its not really a big deal, it all depends on the guy

Hi... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed hope ur gud?
Re: Can Someone Please Explain... by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 16, 2013
In fact, that's the Irish culture
Re: Can Someone Please Explain... by shizzle11(m): 1:38am On May 17, 2013
firetrap:

Good thinking @bolded, should apply also to men not just women.

Yes I said sometimes it depends on the man and him being ready, Consider the scenario below:

She was 2years older than him, both fresh out of NYSC the same year. They had barely dated for a year cos they met in camp. No sooner had they passed out than she brought up the topic of marriage. Now this seriously pissed this guy off that he had to avoid seeing her cos he felt she was trying to pressurise him and he was having non of it Meanwhile this guy was still an applicant still searching for a job, the question of marriage was no where close to his priority at that moment, (first things first you know).

His thoughts was on making some money first (and rightly so) before thinking towards that direction, unfortunately his girl friend who was nearing 30 was having a warped idea of marriage even without him being settled.

That cost her the relationship!

Now you can understand why I said this
shizzle11:

Lol... Ladies don't understand that they're ready doesn't mean the guy is ready even though they're dating. If the guy isn't thinking marriage at that time and you bring it up, it could easily turn him off, cos he'll feel you are putting pressure on him and men don't like to be pressured on matters like that if they're not ready.
Re: Can Someone Please Explain... by shizzle11(m): 1:46am On May 17, 2013
Beautful.B:
sadI don't fink is a gud idea. I personaly don't like it.
gringrin

Beautful.B:

Hi... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed hope ur gud?

Yipee! I'm great my darling... (PM)
Re: Can Someone Please Explain... by firetrap(m): 7:43am On May 17, 2013
shizzle11:

Good thinking @bolded, should apply also to men not just women.

Yes I said sometimes it depends on the man and him being ready, Consider the scenario below:

She was 2years older than him, both fresh out of NYSC the same year. They had barely dated for a year cos they met in camp. No sooner had they passed out than she brought up the topic of marriage. Now this seriously pissed this guy off that he had to avoid seeing her cos he felt she was trying to pressurise him and he was having non of it Meanwhile this guy was still an applicant still searching for a job, the question of marriage was no where close to his priority at that moment, (first things first you know).

His thoughts was on making some money first (and rightly so) before thinking towards that direction, unfortunately his girl friend who was nearing 30 was having a warped idea of marriage even without him being settled.

That cost her the relationship!

Now you can understand why I said this

any guy who is 24 years and above, a graduate and has completed his youth service, who does not have marriage on his mind is not a serious guy and any lady dating such a man is on a very long thing. even if he's still searching for a job, at that age range and with what he has accomplished he should have it at the back of his mind that he is of marriable (please permit me to use the word, it does not exist but sound right as used in this context) age. research has shown that even as far back as the stone age, the intrinsic reason why men work or want to work is so that they'll be able to attract the best mating partner.
Re: Can Someone Please Explain... by BeautfulB(f): 4:21pm On May 17, 2013
shizzle11:
gringrin

Yipee! I'm great my darling... (PM)

Owk...just missing u.
Re: Can Someone Please Explain... by Double27: 6:22pm On May 17, 2013
Popowaa: Propose as in marriage i dont agree,but to ask a guy out is cool.It is no big deal cos we are in the 21st century and it is only a man with the archaic kind of brain that will call such a woman cheap.Is better to express ur feelings and be turned down than keeping mute and battling "heart attack" anytime u see him with a cool girl.
Whats the idea of asking the guy out? whether asking out or proposing for they the same.
If you know whats good for you pls go for it.
You might not propose directly just like that but creating scenarios or asking certain questions will help.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Good To Abstain From Sex Till Marriage? / Good Sex Or Good Food / 7 Most Popular Abbrevations Used Only On Niaraland!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.