Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,114 members, 7,838,820 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise (14282 Views)

My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? / 5 Secrets To Why Buka/restaurant Stew Always Tastes Better / Indomie, Chikki Or O! Noodles: Which One Tastes Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by ACM10: 9:55pm On May 17, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Just learn how to cook well before marrying a real African man.

Yeah, real African man like me. God forbid me marrying a lady that serves burnt meal

1 Like

Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by coronaprof(m): 10:00pm On May 17, 2013
fruits and vegs is the way to go in any kind of sitaution.akuna matata:x
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:01pm On May 17, 2013
nadia_SA: ok thanks..great advic ey... U really help me
u r welcome.
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by dulphines: 10:02pm On May 17, 2013
@OP, does your food turn out to be like the spaghetti Ini Edo cooked and shared on the web sometime ago?

1 Like

Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by DJDOLA(m): 10:02pm On May 17, 2013
How come u don't no how 2 cook..even me man self no how 2 cook I do not learn it from another place I just try it and it taste good

1 Like

Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 17, 2013
coronaprof: fruits and vegs is the way to go in any kind of sitaution.akuna matata:x
lol akuna matata neh...but il learn to cook sharp sharp
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 17, 2013
DJDOLA: How come u don't no how 2 cook..even me man self no how 2 cook I do not learn it from another place I just try it and it taste good
its my moms fault na cheiiii i never do anythin in my house bt eat
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by lolaluv1(f): 10:09pm On May 17, 2013
Why not browse for online recipes?

I know I've cooked a number of delicacies I got online. And they turned out ok. Though, I'm a good cook sha. Maybe that contributed.

Or get a friend to teach you.

1 Like

Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 17, 2013
ACM10:

Yeah, real African man like me. God forbid me marrying a lady that serves burnt meal[color=#006600][/color]
dulphines: @OP, does your food turn out to be like the spaghetti Ini Edo cooked and shared on the web sometime ago?
my food turn out lik this

Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 17, 2013
F.K.O:
NADIA UR FOOD TASTES FUNNY ? NOW THAT'S FUNNY...... LOLX
lol..dats funny.
@Op. Maybe d witches in ur village write ur name for paper come paste am for under pot. Go and beg them pls. :-( sad
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by chiclasweet: 10:14pm On May 17, 2013
Pace$etter:
You can if only you try this step..
If you're in an academic environment...why dont you look for a friend(real friend ooo & not those who rejoice at your predicaments) who cooks well & live with her. So that as she is cooking, you'll pay attention to the measurements of each spice & as at when due. Try this for a semester, then come back & mail me
visit wivestownhallconnection for great recipes anddetail steps and pictures on how to make delicious african delicacies. thank me later grin
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Timsilver(m): 10:16pm On May 17, 2013
nadia_SA:
electric stove
nd its mostly one pot which burns my food always
oya thank u

The electric stove is what gives it the funny taste and also makes it burn quicker cause most of the heat is concentrated at the buttom of the pot. Try using gas and you will see the difference mind you gas burns faster and keep cooking in a short while you would notice how well you have improves.
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 17, 2013
booqee: lol..dats funny.
@Op. Maybe d witches in ur village write ur name for paper come paste am for under pot. Go and beg them pls. :-( sad
na wa o ppl can do that...cheiiii mayb its true
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 17, 2013
I forgot that i put my rice on early morning nd went to school luckily it was friday so we knock off early to find this mess...i also need prayer

Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by dokunbam(m): 10:21pm On May 17, 2013
get someone that will teach u

cos u cant get it alone with what u have explained
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 17, 2013
nadia_SA: its my moms fault na cheiiii i never do anythin in my house bt eat
chai! You're spoilt. But you shoulda known dat..and help yourself, but you didn't. So u spoilt yourself too. angry
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 17, 2013
Timsilver:

The electric stove is what gives it the funny taste and also makes it burn quicker cause most of the heat is concentrated at the buttom of the pot. Try using gas and you will see the difference mind you gas burns faster and keep cooking in a short while you would notice how well you have improves.
but gas doesnt smell good
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 17, 2013
Lol at least you're telling the truth.. Better than my ex who orders a large tray of those African food she knows that I love such as egusee and not too spicy pepper soup from African Restaurant, put them in container then to the refrigerator lying that she made it..

Now about not knowing how to cook, your mom buying to go food all the time doesn't mean you shouldn't know how to cook especially as a woman. I grow up/live in a home where we've at least 3 professional chefs and I can cook especially my favorite dishes... Have you tried adding sugar to your food? Jk smiley

This is what you can do if you have free time and really wanna cook some tasty ish.. Volunteer maybe a few hours "3 maybe" at a good restaurant "kitchen department" to learn one or two things.. My niece did it and her food taste better than your lol.
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 17, 2013
edited

2 Likes

Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by chiefkeef: 10:33pm On May 17, 2013
Skype with me i will teach you
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 17, 2013
saintvalx: OP sounds older than than 19 sad
or am I wrong

And you sound like a molest er

4 Likes

Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 17, 2013
REALITY101: Lol at least you're telling the truth.. Better than my ex who orders a large tray of those African food she knows that I love such as egusee and not too spicy pepper soup from African Restaurant, put them in container then to the refrigerator lying that she made it..

Now about not knowing how to cook, your mom buying to go food all the time doesn't mean you shouldn't know how to cook especially as a woman. I grow up/live in a home where we've at least 3 professional chefs and I can cook especially my favorite dishes... Have you tried adding sugar to your food? Jk smiley

This is what you can do if you have free time and really wanna cook some tasty ish.. Volunteer maybe a few hours "3 maybe" at a good restaurant "kitchen department" to learn one or two things.. My niece did it and her food taste better than your lol.

ive done wat ur gf has done ..woman downtown sell yam draw soup jollof rice blah blah bt only backfire

sugar ?no not yet just different spices

cant b volunteer i want to get paid for my food
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 17, 2013
saintvalx: OP sounds older than than 19 sad
or am I wrong

Modify:
I dont know if she's female though
im all female darling maybe im too matured for yha but im 19 smiley
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by ACM10: 10:42pm On May 17, 2013
nadia_SA: my food turn out lik this

Is that a chocolate or a molten coal?

How you go serve me dat kain thing. Abi u wan make I purge? grin

Hmmm, you will have problem with my likes if that is what you can offer.
smiley
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by SpikesC1: 10:46pm On May 17, 2013
yuzedo: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin sweerie no hope for u! Chai, I hope u can sha nyash, at least let ur future husband see what he will manage! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy undecided

Truth is that cooking skill is innate.. But one can learn to a passable extent. Knowing techniques, timing and ingredient quantity comes naturally to gourmet chefs like us! wink

No dude, anyone can cook wink
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Pretyangel25(f): 10:46pm On May 17, 2013
Iyammi!!!!!! Oya come let me teach you how to cook delicious food.
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 17, 2013
nadia_SA: I forgot that i put my rice on early morning nd went to school luckily it was friday so we knock off early to find this mess...i also need prayer

Danger ahead... I hope you have smoke dictators
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 17, 2013
ACM10:

Is that a chocolate or a molten coal?

How you go serve me dat kain thing. Abi u wan make I purge? grin

Hmmm, you will have problem with my likes if that is what you can offer.
smiley
aish i will get better soon ,,, nd il show u when my food is ok
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by SpikesC1: 10:47pm On May 17, 2013
nadia_SA: ooooh il stop ...jus wanted him to eat good food
Trust me, he would rather take that your sh1t than the other sh1t.
Btw, he should teach u if he can
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 17, 2013
Secret of not having burnt food is your timing and when to stir. Stay in the kitchen, don't get distracted, watch your food and be ready to always stir when the food is getting cooked, I would have said every 5mins but start with 3 mins, this is because cooking with an electric burner can be somewhat tricky.

1 Like

Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 17, 2013
Spikes C..:

Trust me, he would rather take that your sh1t than the other sh1t.
Btw, he should teach u if he can
or jus make it easier and cook for himself
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 17, 2013
REALITY101:

Danger ahead... I hope you have smoke dictators
i wish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians / I Just Bought A Kg Of Cooking Gas For N1300. Am I Still In Nigeria? / See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.