Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,673 members, 7,837,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise (14279 Views)

My Food Does Not Scent.what Could Be The Cause? / 5 Secrets To Why Buka/restaurant Stew Always Tastes Better / Indomie, Chikki Or O! Noodles: Which One Tastes Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 12:51am On May 18, 2013
lomomike: @ OP no pun intended but that's a wrong mentality u've got there my dear. Ur a pastor's daughter check Ecclesiastes 3:1 And read " there is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the sun" If there is no time as u said, abeg create time form that busy schedule joor. Even the time u used to type this thread do chatting and other social things could b channelled into cooking practice. Remember u are an African woman and one great identify African women have is the art of cooking. U are still single I guess, if its true, pls make use of ur singlehood to learn to correct what ever u are lacking and to put to perfection what u've learnt in this case cooking. Trust me u don't wanna get married without a knowledge of cooking. E no go funny at all. Thanks
thank yew
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 12:57am On May 18, 2013
tutulicious: My lady, don't be discouraged. I was once in your shoes I know how it feels, I was constantly chased out of the kitchen because I had an accident in the kitchen that nearly claimed my feet, but my sister and anty made it a point of duty to always remind me mockingly that I can only eat but can't cook, whenever they cook and I eat out of it.
So I cooked with all the anger in my heart and I wanted to proof that I can cook too, and the result; funny tasting food, half cooked food, burnt food. I throw them all away, It got me really scare of ever cooking anything but the goodnews is that the same people who mocked me are loving my food.
Like someone said you have to cook with love in you heart and don't have it in mind that your food must be delicious, relax, cook for yourself alone. Start with small quantities really small, say for instance your cooking jollof rice make sure you prepare all the things you need first before putting on a fire source, and cooking is fun you don't need so much seasoning "maggi" and salt is for starters any more gives a funny taste and be sure to hang around your friends when they cook you will learn without them knowing. Sorry for the long post, I hope this helps.

thanks hope my story turns out like urs too,,,no prob with long post smiley
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by chukxie(m): 1:19am On May 18, 2013
Slimzy baby: Lol...Why not go and enroll in a kettering school or do u want me to teach you how to cook?

I'm sure the emboldened was deliberately meant to make us laugh. grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Swot26(m): 2:37am On May 18, 2013
wanted him to eat good food[/quote],I guess u need to do sumthing fast about that,cos is not funny,woman dat is not good in the kitchen has 50 percent problem in d matrimony
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by softangel(m): 2:59am On May 18, 2013
Slimzy baby: Lol...Why not go and enroll in a kettering school or do u want me to teach you how to cook?

"Catering"...@ OP start-up by purchasing cookbooks. That ll aid u and if it doesn't get any better, enroll in a catering school.
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by EatmyShorts: 4:28am On May 18, 2013
Do you wear Pant when you cook? ! Anyway, all is well.

Pastor MarcAnthony.
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by dnawah(m): 6:22am On May 18, 2013
nadia_SA: u want me to burn other peoples kitchens cheiiii but iv really thought of that but no time
when ur man starts to eat outside comes back late,then u will have time.there r some girls dat can cook very well but don't hav men.
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 7:04am On May 18, 2013
nadia_SA: thnks
ure welcome
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 8:30am On May 18, 2013
nadia_SA: lol oya please dont laugh this is serious matter ...my food give ppl running tummy .... Sometimes i buy food from shop put it in pot Iyke ccomes from work to make it look like my own sad
Sorry to be so blunt but your profile pic looks extremely ugly.
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by grandstar(m): 8:32am On May 18, 2013
empathise with you. from my experience with cooking, you need to see it as taking care of a baby. you have to learn what level of pressure to exact at any point in time due to their delicate nature and temperament. treat cooking like that and you wil get wonderful results!

1 Like

Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by dezulu1(f): 8:45am On May 18, 2013
nadia_SA: Well i grew up in a household which lived 90% take-a-ways and the other 10% my elder sis use to cook..

My mom a full time pastor so she hardly cook just buy buy and had no time to teach me how to cook at an early age. I'm older now(19) and live away from my home, have my own little family..

My problem is every time i cook i BURN my food always (first thought it was cause i'm on bbm/wasapp, but even if i stay in the kitchen it burns somehow sad .

If it doesn't burn it doesn't taste good at all at all. I've tried adding spices and all but it still doesn't taste any better! I really do not what to do now ... I want my food to taste like other women's food not like i was just playing and wasting food...
most tyms,burnt food is a s result of too much oil in wteva U̶̲̥̅̊ r cookin.... As regards learning how to cook,if uon av tym to go to a catering school or odawise, U̶̲̥̅̊ cud go to oda frnds who r gud @ it... All d best.

1 Like

Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 8:53am On May 18, 2013
Your waist, your waist, all I want is your waist (not your food)

2 Likes

Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by moonraker(m): 8:57am On May 18, 2013
On a light note, The first step to cooking good food is to focus.

Desist from bbming or whatsapping while cooking. Cooking is an art. Dont Bleep it up.

1 Like

Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 9:18am On May 18, 2013
Cheii
EatmyShorts: Do you wear Pant when you cook? ! Anyway, all is well.

Pastor MarcAnthony.
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 9:19am On May 18, 2013
Hmmmm
pro01: Your waist, your waist, all I want is your waist (not your food)
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 9:22am On May 18, 2013
Pipsland78:
Sorry to be so blunt but MY profile pic looks extremely ugly.
lol yhaaa it does ey
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by fruityjojo(f): 9:37am On May 18, 2013
Might be ur using a Bad alluminium Pot 2 cook. Fake/bad alluminium pots dat are smooth in nd out will burn ur food no matter wat! Even wen ur boillin yam lol. Nd dem using iron spoon 2 stir some food 2 d bottom will burn ur food eg rice. Nd there are som food dat u DO NOT put certain spices else d food will taste FUNNY. Goodluck.
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by DeCleff(m): 9:55am On May 18, 2013
nadia_SA: Well i grew up in a household which lived 90% take-a-ways and the other 10% my elder sis use to cook..

My mom a full time pastor so she hardly cook just buy buy and had no time to teach me how to cook at an early age. I'm older now(19) and live away from my home, have my own little family..

My problem is every time i cook i BURN my food always (first thought it was cause i'm on bbm/wasapp, but even if i stay in the kitchen it burns somehow sad .

If it doesn't burn it doesn't taste good at all at all. I've tried adding spices and all but it still doesn't taste any better! I really do not what to do now ... I want my food to taste like other women's food not like i was just playing and wasting food...

U can be the best cook, all u need is to follow the instructions on these websites.

www.allnigerianrecipes.com

www.cooks.com

It thought me so much and can do even more for u.

Goodlock

1 Like

Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nwabinwechi(f): 10:36am On May 18, 2013
U can try using 20 cubes of maggi nd 10 sachet of nutri-C, it wil really add nice taste to ur meal. GUDLUCK!

1 Like

Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Piyke: 11:13am On May 18, 2013

Do you have at least 1 friend who cooks good food? If yes, fix up a couple of days together to learn common recipes, one at a time. This should help you.
Nobody was born knowing how to cook. Anyone who wants to learn badly enough will become a good cook.

1 Like

Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by WhyAWhy(m): 11:23am On May 18, 2013
Your salvation is on youtube. I learn almost ALL my dishes on youtube and my folks are always requesting that I cook or bake
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Reachyrich(f): 12:32pm On May 18, 2013
Go 2 catering sch.
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by rman: 1:29pm On May 18, 2013
oyin50: Nadia u do not know how to cook because u 'r not interested in knowing how to cook.

At last, someone that knows exactly why the OP'S food get burnt or tastes bad. SHE IS NOT INTRESTED IN COOKING.

Why help someone that is not really interested in knowing how to cook?

Forget about her opening a thread,she even wrote that she chats when cooking, and left a pot on the stove and left for class and forgot throughout her lectures until she returned. Who does that? Didn't she go hungry and remembered her food on the stove?

OP is not genuinely interested in knowing how to cook. She has tasted food from other ladies ( friends and family) , and knows something is wrong with hers. She should seek help from those first, instead of coming to a social forum.

OP should get into the kitchen with a genuine interest in what she is cooking/doiing and more than half of her cooking problems is solved.
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 18, 2013
Please start learning with less complicated meals like egusi soup,okro soup, porridge beans, porridge yam, egg stew and other easy meals.You can even make ordinary noodles a treat. Please employ someone to teach you or practice with cookery books. It's really sad when a man can never come home to hearty meals because his wife can't cook . Please invest more in learning how to cook ,at least simple tasty meals.

1 Like

Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by afinic001(m): 3:12pm On May 18, 2013

Kettering school ko, pottering school ni.
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Rednose: 4:27pm On May 18, 2013
[quote author=Timedey]Since u where unable 2 make it in ur tender age,it will automatically need ur time b4 u make it.
Dis is ma advic 2 u:
(1)u hv 2 be enroll in a catering school.
(2)u need mak friend wit someone who can cook very well.
(3)u need 2 start wit cooking of beans cos dat 1 is nt 2 hard.

Your post is really helpful, infact, I've taken notes from your afang soup recipe, it's been a while since I had that lovely dish. However, I kinda disagree with going to catering school just to learn to cook at home. I started to cook much more later than Nadia - in my late 20s, I watched Maggi Kitchen, BBC Foods, Food Network, used recipe cut-outs from Nigerian newspapers, Food Magazines, asked lots of questions etc. And now, I cook up awesome meals both local and intercontinental.
Cooking is a pretty much easy task than some people would have us believe, it just can be time consuming and tiring, but with good planning - very rewarding.
Enrolling at catering school is a good idea, but not obligatory.
Thanks again for the recipe.
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by ebucha: 6:09pm On May 18, 2013
nadia_SA: grin will do jus dat
and if it doesn't work, call me
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Stiv(m): 9:07am On May 19, 2013
You're married at 19? This shows there's a fundamental upbringing issue. You weren't taught how to cook, and were probably shipped off to get married. I hav news for you, and its not nice: You're on a wrong path, and need to take urgent steps to redemption.
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 9:57am On May 19, 2013
Buy recipe books...instead of using ur phone for bbm and whatsapp...look for recipes for certain dishes on the net
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by emekaD3(m): 11:43am On May 19, 2013
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 20, 2013
dayokanu: [size=14pt]If you sabi Kongo wella, Your sins might be forgiven[/size]

laugh don give me headache and eye ache...
Re: My Food Tastes Funny - Please Advise by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 20, 2013
[quote
author=nadia_SA] i dont think ave reason to lie o..... But blv what u
wanna ...comot of my thread befor i burn u abeg... [/quote]

laugh don make me faint, i sure know d guy no wan get burnt like your burnt rice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Just Bought A Kg Of Cooking Gas For N1300. Am I Still In Nigeria? / Reduce Rice Consumption To Once A Week, Director Urges Nigerians / See The Recommendations Issued By House Of Reps For Carbonated Drinks In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.