Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,477 members, 7,770,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:29 AM

Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! (144449 Views)

Tokunbo Auction Cars For Sale / I Need A Usa Car Auction Website To Bid For Auction Cars / Auction Cars From Bank Debtors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by kingschild123(m): 5:24pm On Oct 12, 2013
Well my suggestion goes thus; anyone who wants to purchase a vehicle should physically inspect the vehicle and request for a valid company address of the sellers office, if seller refuses to tell you and instead always hammering on making payments first then that's a RED light warning! Please let's be cautious.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by CherryBZB(f): 2:24am On Oct 14, 2013
Inspired, well dow\e,Keep exposing them and they will have no other option than to quit their nefarious activity:
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by libertysols(m): 11:30pm On Oct 26, 2013
I DONT REALLY PITY THESE PEOPLE WHO FALL INTO SCAMMERS HOW CAN YOU BUY A 2007 CAMRY FOR 700K THE CAR THAT IS SOLD FOR 2.2, 2.3 OR 2.4MILLION. AWUF DEY RUN BELLE NOW THE MOST ANNOYING PART IS THAT THE MONEY THEY LABOURED FOR, MONEY WEY BE SAY INSIDE SUN AND RAIN YOU HUSSLE FOR. LASTLY WHY SHOULD WE PAY FOR JUST A CAR WE SAY PICTURES, A CAR THAT YOU HAVE NOT EVEN SEEN ITS THAT NOT STUPIDITY...............
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by kdf3449(m): 8:01am On Oct 27, 2013
inspired_m: [b]Day In Day Out, Fraudsters are seeking for New Ways to Fleece Nigerians of their Hard Earned Money, The Latest Scheme is about Purported sales of Nigerian Customs Seized Vehicles Online Auction.

Within the past 30 days, I have Banned Over 200 usernames and Over 1000 Fraudulent Posts and Threads of Sales of Customs Seized vehicles on the Autos Section Which were without any Doubt Fraudulent.

The Modus Operandi of these Nefarious Elements are to Post Purported Customs Seized Vehicles at RIDICULOUSLY LOW Prices and Demand for Deposits to "Secure the Car " or "Secure the File" at Customs Offices.

Most Times, they go as far as Posting Photos of Customs Officials on their Profile Pages thereby Impersonating genuine Customs Officers.

They have Flooded the Nigerian Online Space now and are On Every Major Car Websites with Free Listings.

A Couple of Months Ago, The PUNCH Newspapers Nabbed a Syndicate of These Type of Fraud from an Innocent Buyer Who wanted to Buy a 2010 Toyota Camry for N400,000.

You can read it here http://www.punchng.com/feature/saturday-people/customs-officer-duped-me-says-man-who-wanted-to-give-mum-a-car-gift/

We Encourage Buyers to Beware of Auto Adverts with Ridiculously Low Prices, It takes a certain level of Greed to Fall Victim of Fraud in Most cases.

NIGERIAN CUSTOMS DO NOT Auction Cars Online, NOT Anywhere in the Country, All Customs Auction Bids Are Done Physically from ABUJA.

Furthermore, We Encourage Buyers to Know Who they are dealing With, Not all that Glitters is Gold and Not Everything You see Online is Genuine.

We Implore Members to report Suspicious Adverts to the Moderators Via the " Report to Moderator Button" Located on every Post.

Cheers
Inspired
[/b]

I was going through the internet surfing for cars then i came across google trader and this seller :

http://www.google.com.ng/local/trader/#!productoffers:pid=e10e4b8283d4d43d

But i saw that it is too good to be true so i decided to go through NL for advice as NL has really helped me alot in so so many things ( kudos to all Nairalanders ). So i called the guy and he told me that these are cars seized by customs and that i will come and see them myself,drive the cars within their yard before any payment. I was surprise to see a toyota venza for N700,000. Please i don't know if this is real or scam because i have always believe that anything that is too easy... Na set up ooo hahahha

Please can you guys check out the link for me if this is real.

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by saintjoel(m): 7:10pm On Oct 27, 2013
kdf3449:

I was going through the internet surfing for cars then i came across google trader and this seller :

http://www.google.com.ng/local/trader/#!productoffers:pid=e10e4b8283d4d43d

But i saw that it is too good to be true so i decided to go through NL for advice as NL has really helped me alot in so so many things ( kudos to all Nairalanders ). So i called the guy and he told me that these are cars seized by customs and that i will come and see them myself,drive the cars within their yard before any payment. I was surprise to see a toyota venza for N700,000. Please i don't know if this is real or scam because i have always believe that anything that is too easy... Na set up ooo hahahha

Please can you guys check out the link for me if this is real.

Thanks

When did you come back from mars?

You've read all comments posted in this thread and you're still asking if a link advertising a venza for 700K is real,there must be something wrong with you.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by saintjoel(m): 7:13pm On Oct 27, 2013
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by chronique(m): 11:25pm On Oct 27, 2013
Lol. Some people can't use their brains. Even if you lend them other people's own,it still won't work. With everything that has been said here,someone is still asking for foolish advice. If this dude asking this stupid question is not a thief,he will not be asking if a venza of 700k is genuine. If cars are that cheap,nobody wil buy tiny light camry. Most people on nairaland don't want to live within their means. They'd hold 800k in their hands and start pricing cars of 1.5m. Pls don't give him any advice. Let him go and buy his 700k venza. Greed is why people fall into the hands of fraudsters.
saintjoel:

When did you come back from mars?

You've read all comments posted in this thread and you're still asking if a link advertising a venza for 700K is real,there must be something wrong with you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by kdf3449(m): 3:34am On Oct 28, 2013
chronique: Lol. Some people can't use their brains. Even if you lend them other people's own,it still won't work. With everything that has been said here,someone is still asking for foolish advice. If this dude asking this stupid question is not a thief,he will not be asking if a venza of 700k is genuine. If cars are that cheap,nobody wil buy tiny light camry. Most people on nairaland don't want to live within their means. They'd hold 800k in their hands and start pricing cars of 1.5m. Pls don't give him any advice. Let him go and buy his 700k venza. Greed is why people fall into the hands of fraudsters.

My brother take it easy na ! Ahan are we quarreling?
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by seegobe(m): 5:34pm On Nov 02, 2013
pls i just talk to somebody who claim is a custom officer, he said i should send 60k to thier secretary accout for the process...pls is it true?
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by kdf3449(m): 7:34pm On Nov 02, 2013
@seegobe:
pls i just talk to somebody who claim is a custom officer, he said i should send 60k to thier secretary accout for the process...pls is it true?

Before the angry fellow NL will respond to your que,let me answer you politely. If you look up you will see the way i was responded to grin ..... Don't even think of communicating with the person again. Its all SCAM !!!! ALL of it !
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by hertglove: 12:29pm On Nov 03, 2013
Hello
Merry New Month
Just to inform you that Akande Adetokunbo Adeboyejo, a male Nigerian who claims to be between 33 and 35 years old is a SERIOUS FRAUDSTER defrauding people in the name of procuring and delivering tokunbo cars to anywhere in Nigeria
He uses the following
AUTO RESOURCES LTD(Rc19143)
Phone number: 08161184269
Blackberry: 271C1E64
First Bank Account: 3057200953
Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/akande.adekoyejo
Twitter account: https://twitter.com/Adekoyejo
Please BEWARE of him
You can help spread the message too
thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by chronique(m): 9:19pm On Nov 03, 2013
Lol. Thank God you got the message.
kdf3449:

Before the angry fellow NL will respond to your que,let me answer you politely. If you look up you will see the way i was responded to grin ..... Don't even think of communicating with the person again. Its all SCAM !!!! ALL of it !
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by kinnad(m): 10:09pm On Nov 12, 2013
maxjax: 1 dude dey worry for FB on this damn issue undecided
adebayo femi
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by ceaser: 12:05pm On Nov 17, 2013
kdf3449:

Lol. I see you've learnt fast! Please pass on this rare knowledge to other would be victims that AWOOF DEY RUN BELLE!
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by irririchris(m): 2:53am On Nov 26, 2013
gobulksmsng.com gobulksmsng.com
Victoriousvic: Thank You! I hope people will read this and say no to these scammers.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by Export1: 3:12pm On Nov 26, 2013
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by naijaex: 4:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
Nigerian Customs Auction!!! Beware of this advert online or auction site below are there details they are scammers and fraudster There are lot of cars raging from:
Toyota;Camry,Rav4, Acura
SUV ;Mercedes Benz; Honda;
Buses ;Trucks ;Vans Ford SUV;
Hyundai; Suzuki; Nissan
pathfinder,primera etc.
You Can reach us via
hasanautomarketingservice@gmail.com
or contact us on +2348165081232
REGARDS,
HASSAN MARKETING SERVICE.
Mr HASSAN.
+2348165081232.
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by SirChidex: 8:42pm On Nov 29, 2013
Hmmmmmmm...... I can't still believe dis! I almost fell for one custom Elizerbeth Joy who wanted selling a toyota Avanza to @ 185k and asked me to pay 35k for the clearance and d car will b delivered to me for inspection den I can pay d ballance latter. True true awoof de run belle!!!!! Thank God I decided to google d custom auction sales procedure and found dis link. Hmmm
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by Export1: 3:50pm On Dec 03, 2013
Sir_Chidex: Hmmmmmmm...... I can't still believe dis! I almost fell for one custom Elizerbeth Joy who wanted selling a toyota Avanza to @ 185k and asked me to pay 35k for the clearance and d car will b delivered to me for inspection den I can pay d ballance latter. True true awoof de run belle!!!!! Thank God I decided to google d custom auction sales procedure and found dis link. Hmmm

Hello my name is Luchiia and I represent the customer support department of Auction Export.
The topic is quiet interesting smiley

I want to welcome all of you to check mine: https://www.nairaland.com/1539614/christmas-promotion-open-find-answers#19963988
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by Export1: 1:01pm On Dec 12, 2013
kingschild123: Well my suggestion goes thus; anyone who wants to purchase a vehicle should physically inspect the vehicle and request for a valid company address of the sellers office, if seller refuses to tell you and instead always hammering on making payments first then that's a RED light warning! Please let's be cautious.

The physical inspection is not obligatory, I can say! Because there are many reliable companies who are doing their business online.

They are recommending to check the car's condition with the help of AutoCheck report, for example, or ordering an Independent Inspection for such car so for you to know what you are buying!. Because if you are living on the other side of the planet, it will be reasonable to order such services and to not come physically!

lily@auctionexport.com
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by cuteboy2: 2:42pm On Dec 23, 2013
@ Inpired_m: Please kinly confirm the genuineness of this car website www.carxus.com
They have banner advert on Nairaland. They offer cars at ridicously low prices, even a 1year old car with no scratch is offered at not more than N400,000.
As a matter of fact, i have not seen any vehicle advertised on that website that is more than N500,000, no matter how new or exotic. Please help. Many are considering using them.

inspired_m:

That is a scam Infested Website, 99% of vehicles listed there are FAKE Custom Seized Vehicles.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by 190theclown: 9:21am On Dec 31, 2013
angry angry
Re: Nigerian Customs Do Not Auction Cars Online: Beware of FRAUD! by dayjee: 2:44pm On Jun 27, 2014
Thanks for the information.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Best SUVs For Sale, Save With Our Offers / Fhemmmy Motos Present You With Everything LEXUS**Come In And Get One**SUV & CAR / Fhemmmy Motos Present To You - GERMAN MACHINES, Come And Pre-order YOURS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.