Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,827 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States (12241 Views)

Kaduna Beggars Protest Ban By Government (Photo) / Nigerian Army Jails Lt. Col., 15 Others Over Chibok Girls’ Abduction / Lagos Didnt Deport Beggars, Only Reunited Them With Their Families (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States by Fresia01(f): 1:34pm On May 17, 2013
I go comment anytym wey i turn beggar. 4 nw, swagg m na ata oku!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States by Agimor(m): 1:41pm On May 17, 2013
What is good for the gandner is also good for the goose.It should be brought to fashola notice that there are also beggers that originate from his state.he should expect their deportation soon.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States by EkoIle1: 1:43pm On May 17, 2013
Re: Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States by Burger01(m): 1:44pm On May 17, 2013
shymexx:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

You're a pain in the ar.se and one of my nemesis on this darn forum.

But this cracked me up!! grin

A citizen of Federal Republic of Lagos!!! cool tongue

Shymexx my good bro!!

How the weather?

A citizen of Federal Republic of London.

Holler me up when you dey town make I shaye for you for Island..

wink
Re: Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States by confusion247(m): 1:51pm On May 17, 2013
momodub: where will you deport nigeria beggers to ? are we not one nigeria even in amelica there are beggers
One Nigeria is an illusion. Thank GOD that this rubbish is coming from those who claim to support One Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 17, 2013
FASHOLA pls don't go 2 far b4 GOD hurts you. beggars dey everywhere in the world. Rethink.
Re: Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 17, 2013
The truth is that Fashola is going against the Constitution of this country. Section 41, Sub section 1 of the constitution Reads: "Every citizen of Nigeria is entitled to move freely throughout Nigeria and to reside in any part thereof, and no citizen of Nigeria shall be expelled from Nigeria or refused entry thereby or exit therefrom"

Fashola is contravening our constitution for records sake ooo.
Re: Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States by omoharry(f): 2:06pm On May 17, 2013
Dibiachukwu: It is now a crime to be a beggar shocked
Who gave lagos state government all these rights?
SHOT UP JO! IF YOU HAVE NOTHING GOOD TO SAY.NIGERIANS NEVER SEE ANYTHING GOOD THAT IS WHY WE ARE NOT MOVING FORWARD.
Re: Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States by omoharry(f): 2:10pm On May 17, 2013
omo harry: I THINK IS A WELCOME DEVELOPMENT. HOW MANY BEGGER AND LUNATIC DO U SEE IN THE STREET OF LONDON.DO U SEEJO! I THINK WE SHOULD TRY AND ANALYSE THINGS PROPERLY BEFORE CONDERMING. FORWARD.
Re: Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 17, 2013
gboss4sure: The truth is that Fashola is going against the Constitution of this country. Section 41, Sub section 1 of the constitution Reads: "Every citizen of Nigeria is entitled to move freely throughout Nigeria and to reside in any part thereof, and no citizen of Nigeria shall be expelled from Nigeria or refused entry thereby or exit therefrom"

Attempt to move freely around Aso Rock and you will realize that the section of the constitution you quoted either does not apply to you or can be interpreted in many different ways.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 17, 2013
Burger01: EKO O NI BAJE!!!!

Haters go jump from 3rd mainland bridge.

wink
Sharap there Goat head..nonsense wk,did they asked God to make dem a begger?He is deporting nigeria back to their state of origin hmmm.God is watching u o.
Re: Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States by TonySpike: 2:41pm On May 17, 2013
babyosisi: Fashola is a lawyer I gather
Did he not attend his constitutional law classes?

[size=18pt]41. (1) Every citizen of Nigeria is entitled to beg freely throughout Nigeria and to reside as a beggar in any part thereof, and no citizen of Nigeria shall be expelled from Nigeria or refused entry thereby or exit therefrom.
[/size]
The Constitution will
http://www.nigeria-law.org/Constitut...cOfNigeria.htm

Corrected!
Re: Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States by sparkwil(m): 2:45pm On May 17, 2013
it becomes a crime wen some sets of individuals now see begging as a profession. It is a crime for a govt in nig whose officials are d highest paid in d world to allow beggars/insane people roam d streets. Whatever is done to make them useful is welcomed
Re: Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States by chi4ik(m): 3:10pm On May 17, 2013
Persons with disabilities should be treated with respect $ human dignity; if Logas govt take them to rehabilitation centers Fø̲̣̣я̅ treatment $ vocational training it will be good but I object the notion of deportin them. Beside disability is nobodies fault, it can hapend to anybody any time. Like visauly impared, hearing impared, mentaly impared etc. Total Rehabilitation is the Remedy Fø̲̣̣я̅ such persons than deportation.
Re: Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 17, 2013
All d Agbolu in Lagos that hold someone and collect something from them by force,hw many of them were sent to jail or deported to their states.Fashola is misusing his power.
Re: Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States by joseph1832(m): 3:20pm On May 17, 2013
I can bet you guys a 1000 naira that most of these beggers are from the core northern states. They should go back to their states and beg, who know if they're boko haram members in disguise...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States by garnetty(m): 3:30pm On May 17, 2013
gboss4sure: The truth is that Fashola is going against the Constitution of this country. Section 41, Sub section 1 of the constitution Reads: "Every citizen of Nigeria is entitled to move freely throughout Nigeria and to reside in any part thereof, and no citizen of Nigeria shall be expelled from Nigeria or refused entry thereby or exit therefrom"

I'm sure you're ignorant of the fact that to every general rule, there is an exception. S.41(1) of the Constitution generally provides for freedom of movement of every citizen of Nigeria in any part of the country in the ordinary course of legitimate movement devoid of commission of any known crime in any part of the country. In other words, your freedom can be impeded if in such circumstance you have constituted a nuisance or public threat to the detriment of all others. The law is no respecter of anybody or class of persons, to say the least destitutes. If these group of persons are constituting nuisance in any part of the country they found themselves, then the law will take its course. This is regardless of the constitutional provisions. Similarly, you may wish to be informed that your right to life as enshrined in the constitution can be extinguished by an order of competent court of law. This is also regardless of the constitutional provisions. On the other leg of argument regarding expulsion of the beggars from Lagos, the constitution merely envisaged expelling Nigeria citizens out of the country or restricting them from coming and NOT moving or transferring them from one end of the country to the other as in the present case. By and large, what the Lagos State government has done is in order, moreso that adequate provisions for rehabilitation have been made in favour of this class of persons in the state. BUT it's unfortunate that rather than embracing this gesture, these beggars have constituted themselves as threat and nuisance to all well-meaning Lagosians. EKO ONI BAJE OO.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States by Obiagu1(m): 3:31pm On May 17, 2013
RACISM!
Re: Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States by henrysam(m): 3:34pm On May 17, 2013
princemolak: Beggars Were Depotd To their states? What happened to the Freedom of movement?
Want to make money online?check www.onlinemoneydon.com
I will answer your question when u become a beggar and u relocate to lagos.
Re: Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States by delors(m): 3:36pm On May 17, 2013
Ikechukwu, open ya eyes and read well. Unless you are not in Lagos, most of those guys are not beggars. Go to Tincan Island to Mile 2 in the traffic, those who pose as beggars suddenly turn more vicious than daredevils in a twinkle of an eye if you wind then to give them something.
The report says some who needed help (mentally challenged) have been sent to mental homes or correctional units, those who are wolves in sheep's clothing (ogbonge shina Rambos) are being prosecuted. It is the right thing to do.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States by ticom(m): 3:40pm On May 17, 2013
But to me i think it is a precautive measures cos boko haram cordinators can pick dem up, indoctrinate dem to gain aces to southwest and its environs
Re: Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States by free2ryhme: 4:52pm On May 17, 2013
Them plenty for apapa ooo . Around airways junction and wharf road
Re: Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 17, 2013
Someone that has the strenght to work will go and beg. That is laziness. They are the armed rubbers we hear about. If u are not productive or usefull to the state, than go back to ur state

1 Like

Re: Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States by 360command: 5:34pm On May 17, 2013
very soon, lagos will soon be like the State of Texas. EKO ONI BAJE OO.
Re: Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States by 2nedo(m): 6:44pm On May 17, 2013
Though i did not support how the beggars were allover the busstops but i can bet my last penny that 85percent of them are back on lagos streets.Abi immigration officers dey lagos border ni?
Re: Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States by Dibiachukwu: 10:13pm On May 17, 2013
SLIDE waxie: Why dnt u give them the humble opportunity in ur state?

Is beggin a job?

I didn't hear him going into offices or markets and deporting them. So what are u saying!

I think it's affecting u. We knw the beggers are ur informants and grass to your various crimes. By ur username, u shld either be a kidnapper, or an armed robber!
Listen to yourself. Just because you are not poor, you think poor people should be humiliated. And calling me a kidnapper or armed robber wont make you sound smart. Poor people make up the majority of Nigeria. Do you think you can handle their onslaught. If you make life too hard for the already suffering. They would revolt. A lot of almajiri beggars in the east. You don't see us deporting them. Instead we help them. It can never be a crime to be poor! That is a human red line. I don't think you understand that undecided
Re: Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States by Dibiachukwu: 10:16pm On May 17, 2013
mike404:
The guy na igbo wannabe now
You people don't know the implications of your stance. You are very selfish and don't wanna think about other people. I am not a wannabe Igbo. I am a full blooded son of the soil. Nwa afo nnaya.
Re: Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States by Dibiachukwu: 10:33pm On May 17, 2013
spark@wil:
it becomes a crime wen some sets of individuals now see begging as a profession. It is a crime for a govt in nig whose officials are d highest paid in d world to allow beggars/insane people roam d streets. Whatever is done to make them useful is welcomed
Deportation is going to make them useful? You guys have no idea. The only reasonable revolution in Nigeria would be a classist revolution. It wont happen in Nigeria though because Nigeria is not a nation.
Re: Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States by roselynbas(f): 11:09pm On May 17, 2013

My dear, send these people back to their states for them to be taken care of. Let them beg in their states abi people for that state no dey give alms? Most of them are not beggars but thieves! I have seen one idiot flog a little girl he was pushing on a wheel chair just because the girl was tired and wanted to sleep! He had three phones he was recharging on that day. I have seen women carry other people's babies under the hot sun begging that they are twins, soliciting for money. I have seen people claiming that their wives just put to bed with no money for medical bill, after three weeks again, you still see him saying that his wife just put to bed the previous evening, when asked if he had more than one wife, he jumped out of the bus. Amazing!! Gov. Fashola, you have my backing, pack them out one time!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States by roselynbas(f): 11:13pm On May 17, 2013
dannysteve99@ya:
Sharap there Goat head..nonsense wk,did they asked God to make dem a begger?He is deporting nigeria back to their state of origin hmmm.God is watching u o.

U too Sharap! Did God make them beggars?. Every man for himself. You can choose not to beg and work. Sell pure water, carry people's load, wash people's clothes. Several things to be done!
Re: Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States by naptu2: 7:08am On May 18, 2013
"You say we should leave them there. You say we are violating their human rights. How many of you that are complaining would like to live like that? How many of you will exchange places with them? How many of you will like to see your parents, your brothers and sisters live like that?" - Major General Abdulkarim Adisa (1996).
Re: Lagos Jails 120 Beggars, Deport 1,708 Others To Their States by oilsuop: 7:19am On May 18, 2013
How many yorubas are among the depoted sad sad sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Scandal: Buhari’s Declared Asset Close To N900million / Kaduna State Armed Forces Remembrance Day 2016 - Photos / Ohanaeze Criticise Bulkachuwa Over Inflammatory Comments On Ndigbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.