Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,488 members, 7,770,193 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:10 AM

Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store (14287 Views)

Burundi's President Storms Polling Unit On A Bicycle / Man Jailed For Killing A Monkey In The U.S. / Iran Launches Monkey Into Space (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store by Jakumo(m): 6:15am On Dec 11, 2012

Shoppers at an Ikea store in Canada were left stunned when a monkey wearing a John Motson-style coat was spotted wandering around the car park.The smartly-dressed primate, whose jacket resembles the sheepskin one often worn by the football commentator, turned up at the entrance to the furniture store in Toronto.

The monkey, which is believed to be seven months old, is said to have escaped from its owner's car.

However, any hopes it had of hopping on a Billy bookcase or reclining in a Poang armchair were thwarted by security staff, who reportedly cornered the creature and called the police.

The animal's adventures promptly went viral, inspiring at least one spoof Twitter account , while Ikea and the hashtag #ikeamonkey were both trending among users of the social networking site in Toronto.

Bronwyn Page, whose photos of the monkey have been picked up around the world, said: "At first, I didn't know what kind of animal it was. Then I was like 'Oh my gosh, it's a monkey!'"We didn't think it was real. It was very bizarre to see. I never expected to see that.

"All the people were trying to call it towards them, but it was very scared, it was darting all over the place. People were trying to get it away from cars."

The Toronto Star identified the monkey as a rhesus macaque - a species that prefers tropical habitats to the chilly -8C temperatures often seen in Toronto in December.

The newspaper said the macaque was reunited with its owner and handed over to the city's animal services department, which charged a man with owning a banned animal.
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/ikea-monkey-macaque-coat-seen-toronto-103057947.html

This is a very serious development, particularly since the incident was recorded in the city of Toronto, Canada, from where most of the fake academic diplomas owned by Nigerian politicians originate.

Could this be a Nigerian politican's messenger on his way to procure another bogus dimploma ?

Regardless of the explantation for this apparition, there is NO cause for alarm, as crack detectives are hot on the trail of the culprit, with a view to apprehending him and bringing him to justice.

Stand by for further updates on this unfolding drama.

3 Likes

Re: Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store by ujchief(m): 6:23am On Dec 11, 2012
Mtcheewwww

1 Like

Re: Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store by Caseless: 6:40am On Dec 11, 2012
Smh....
Re: Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store by kellystech(m): 9:04am On Dec 11, 2012
That is a perfect gentleman grin
Re: Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 11, 2012
Nigerian media and STORM.
Gej STORMS Nass
Mikel STORMS Eagles camp
Super eagles STORMS Liberia

Na wa oooo

4 Likes

Re: Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store by topsyking: 9:06am On Dec 11, 2012
If dis kind tin happen for naija..d monkey na deadmeat..pple dey paara for naija...ordinary sea turtle for lekki..b4 u say jack, he don enter pot..- I dey fear naija dis days...na red eye red eye we dey

2 Likes

Re: Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store by Francheezy(m): 9:06am On Dec 11, 2012
COOL STORY
Re: Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 11, 2012
caseless: Smh....
must you use the acronym. What is in the story that is making you to shake your head (smh). Abi you get headache... yeye.

1 Like

Re: Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store by ebamma3: 9:07am On Dec 11, 2012
And what are we suppose to do about this?
Re: Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store by maigida231(m): 9:08am On Dec 11, 2012
Mumu oyibos undecided
Re: Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store by Okijajuju1(m): 9:08am On Dec 11, 2012
2 dumb threads in under 5 mins.... shocked shocked

1 Madness thread and one Monkey thread... I guess the Mayan prophesy is true...

**Goodbye cruel world**

1 Like

Re: Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store by dridowu: 9:09am On Dec 11, 2012
All ds tin na oyinbo country fit happen, if it happen in Nigeria na pepper soup b dat
Re: Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store by topsyking: 9:12am On Dec 11, 2012
Okija_juju: 2 dumb threads in under 5 mins.... shocked shocked

1 Madness thread and one Monkey thread... I guess the Mayan prophesy is true...

**Goodbye cruel world**
Better way to end ur mystery...
Re: Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store by TheKingsQueen: 9:12am On Dec 11, 2012
Why did the Poster spoil the cool monkey news with that his footnote?
Re: Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store by 80million1: 9:18am On Dec 11, 2012
*Speechless*

Since i've be banned in Romance section,lemme drop my comments here.
The ONLY traits ladies want is

CASH!
Re: Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store by Okijajuju1(m): 9:18am On Dec 11, 2012
topsyking:

With that gbagaun, I hereby present you with a gift...

[img]http://triptotheouthouse.files./2009/08/browningpro9.jpg[/img]

Use it wisely.. Your misery is worse than my Mystery.. cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store by pendusky(m): 9:40am On Dec 11, 2012
The man i mean the monkey need to be thoroughly interogated! I dont trust men i mean monkey these days!
Re: Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store by Walexz02(m): 9:42am On Dec 11, 2012
Mtschewww. See hw dem come fabricate the headline like sey d story na die.
Re: Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store by TeenageMoney(m): 10:08am On Dec 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

Must u corrected him Cant u fit left him like that Who know the one you dey spoke everyday??

LWKMDEAD grin gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin
Re: Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store by Anvaller: 10:11am On Dec 11, 2012
Jakumo:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/ikea-monkey-macaque-coat-seen-toronto-103057947.html

This is a very serious development, particularly since the incident was recorded in the city of Toronto, Canada, from where most of the fake academic diplomas owned by Nigerian politicians originate.

Could this be a Nigerian politican's messenger on his way to procure another bogus dimploma ?

Regardless of the explantation for this apparition, there is NO cause for alarm, as crack detectives are hot on the trail of the culprit, with a view to apprehending him and bringing him to justice.

Don't draw Canada into ur Nigeria Scam Mess at all... This is one serious country with integrity that is high on ranking on different facet, including education, standard of living, Low crime, low unemployment, low pollution, zero tolerance to corruption, etc.
Re: Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 11, 2012
lucenzo: Nigerian media and STORM.
Gej STORMS Nass
Mikel STORMS Eagles camp
Super eagles STORMS Liberia

Na wa oooo

Ugochukwu STORMS Mr. Biggs.

No be to chop

2 Likes

Re: Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store by timbros(m): 10:26am On Dec 11, 2012
The monkey wan buy furniture
Re: Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store by Dreyl(m): 10:38am On Dec 11, 2012
Smhid...
Re: Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 11, 2012
#80million:
*Speechless*

Since i've be banned in Romance section,lemme drop my comments here.
The ONLY traits ladies want is

CASH!
grin lol
Your head no just correct. You should have waited for them to unban you then post your comment there.
Re: Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store by Ishilove: 11:00am On Dec 11, 2012
Anvaller:

Don't draw Canada into ur Nigeria Scam Mess at all... This is one serious country with integrity that is high on ranking on different facet, including education, standard of living, Low crime, low unemployment, low pollution, zero tolerance to corruption, etc.
Can't thou taketh a joke?
Re: Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store by redcliff: 11:03am On Dec 11, 2012
topsyking:

ITs a misery mystery to you
Re: Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store by redcliff: 11:04am On Dec 11, 2012
/
Re: Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store by Ishilove: 11:04am On Dec 11, 2012
Jakumo:

Tsk tsk, Mr Jakumo, your cynicism and sarcasm are in a class of their own. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store by dasparrow: 11:44am On Dec 11, 2012
Ishilove:
Can't thou taketh a joke?

I wonder oh! He/she is such a Typical Nigerian! He/she will be quick to defend a western country with his/her last breath even though his/her roots don't lie there and whites generally speaking don't like blacks but he/she will never contribute towards making Nigeria or even other parts of black Africa better.

Anvaller:

Since you are oh so passionate about Canada, I don't know why you are on nairaland.com and not on canadiandollar.com or some other Canadian online forum

oh that's right! Canadians (the Caucasoid ones who make up the majority of the population in Canada) don't want your inferiority complex stricken Negroid black a55 there!
Opps! lipsrsealed

@Post

Cute monkey!

2 Likes

Re: Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store by Anvaller: 12:10pm On Dec 11, 2012
dasparrow:

I wonder oh! He/she is such a Typical Nigerian! He/she will be quick to defend a western country with his/her last breath even though his/her roots don't lie there and whites generally speaking don't like blacks but he/she will never contribute towards making Nigeria or even other parts of black Africa better.

Since you are oh so passionate about Canada, I don't know why you are on nairaland.com and not on canadiandollar.com or some other Canadian online forum

oh that's right! Canadians (the Caucasoid ones who make up the majority of the population in Canada) don't want your inferiority complex stricken Negroid black a55 there!
Opps! lipsrsealed

Relax dude, u are only hurting becos truth hurts. Did u call me a negroid black a55? Well that is what I get sometime for being black, African and Nigerian. The most derogation I get are from co negroids like u, it is only more of a shame when the negroid is a Nigerian like me. It is so ironical that ppl outside of my race have never been as rude to me as my own "negroid a55 race" Think about it dude. We can be better as Africans and not "negroids"

1 Like

Re: Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store by Maleeq(m): 12:57pm On Dec 11, 2012
#singing nursery ryhme: a goat in a coat? can goat wear a coat! people would laugh at a goat in a coat!

(PS: Replace goat with monkey and sing it again)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven / Presenter Flashes Serbian Prime Minister In Prank Interview / An Iraqi Throws A Shoe At President Bush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.