Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,426 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband (19079 Views)

French President Pardons French Woman Jailed After Killing Abusive Husband / Photos Of Bride Sued By Husband For Not Being Pretty Enough / Iranian Jets Fire On US Drone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband by Ntnews: 12:45pm On Jul 01, 2014
Married at 14, Pregnant at 15, Dead at 21?

Razieh Ebrahimi was married at 14, had a child at 15, shot her husband at 17 and is now on death row aged just 21.

Charities including Human Rights Watch are fighting to have her sentence repealed and hold it up as an example of brutal capital punishment in Iran and other countries.

International law prohibits the execution of child offenders but in Iran, girls as young as nine and boys aged 15 or older can be killed for some crimes, including murder.

Authorities arrested Ebrahimi – called “Maryam” in the local press – four years ago after she shot her husband in the head as he was sleeping and buried his body in the garden, a source told Human Rights Watch.

Imprisoned in the city of Ahvaz, she admitted guilt and said she snapped after several years of physical and verbal abuse at the hands of her husband.

Human Rights Watch is calling on the Iranian government to prohibit the death penalty for under-18s and impose a moratorium on all passed sentences.

Read more - http://www.stobmedia.com/married-at-14-pregnant-at-15-dead-at-21-iranian-child-bride-facing-execution-for-killing-abusive-husband/

1 Like

Re: Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband by Abiagirl777(f): 1:39pm On Jul 01, 2014
RAhzieh take heart,you aren't to be blamed but the society you found yourself in.at 14,her teenagehood was snatched away frm her.
God help you dear,dats all i can say.
Sharia law matter isn't an easy one.
#SayNoToChildBrides

26 Likes

Re: Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 01, 2014
wow. i dont have anytin nice to say

2 Likes

Re: Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 01, 2014
At 14, she was subjected to abuse, robbed of her childhood and aspirations, denied her right to health, security and education

Though I do not support murder, I don't blame the girl either
She was only saving her own life
It's a clear case of self defense

19 Likes

Re: Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband by anonymous6(f): 11:29pm On Jul 01, 2014
zeemoore: At 14, she was subjected to abuse, robbed of her childhood and aspirations, denied her right to health, security and education
Though I do not support murder, I don't blame the girl either
She was only saving her own life
It's a clear case of self defense

Amen, I agree
Re: Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband by hydeka: 6:55am On Jul 02, 2014
bad
Re: Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband by justi4jesu(f): 6:55am On Jul 02, 2014
Hmmm..

No comment for this..

SMH
Re: Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband by immortalvoices(m): 6:55am On Jul 02, 2014
is there no punishment for the abusive greedy and gullible parent who put her in an abusive marriage?

35 Likes

Re: Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband by pweetyholly(f): 6:57am On Jul 02, 2014
This is so sad#saynotochildmarriage# embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband by Guykhena(m): 6:57am On Jul 02, 2014
*singing*
'Murder she wrote,Murder she wrote'

Hold on what country? Iran?
Ok I rest my case...

6 Likes

Re: Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband by Atmmachine(m): 6:58am On Jul 02, 2014
She would have killed her self instead of facing the execution grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband by justi4jesu(f): 6:58am On Jul 02, 2014
pweetyholly: This is so sad#saynotochildmarriage# embarassed

Sorry not in Arabic countries..

Early marriage has been traditionally practiced in Iran, is to a large extent also endorsed and encouraged by Sharia Law.
Re: Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband by sammieguze(m): 6:59am On Jul 02, 2014
Stewpeid law out there

Don't wanna say something that will make my Muslim brothers start attacking me this morning.

#ididn'tsayanything
Re: Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband by Nobody: 7:01am On Jul 02, 2014
Wow, so sad... But she is only just a child... On the other hand, shooting a man and burying the corpse, takes a hard hearted fellow to do such.... Dats premeditated murder... D girl should be rehabilitated not killed, she is psychologically affected....

10 Likes

Re: Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband by Talkcentral: 7:01am On Jul 02, 2014
b
Re: Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband by BlackPeni5: 7:01am On Jul 02, 2014
Can any good news come out of the middle east?

14 Likes

Re: Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband by moderatorr: 7:01am On Jul 02, 2014
Murder she wrought
Re: Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband by moderatorr: 7:02am On Jul 02, 2014
Guykhena: *singing*
'Murder she wrote,Murder she wrote'

Hold on what country? Iran?
Ok I rest my case...
murder she wrought
Re: Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband by Onyenna(m): 7:02am On Jul 02, 2014
Damn!!!
Re: Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband by Guykhena(m): 7:03am On Jul 02, 2014
moderatorr: murder she wrought
"Murder,she wrote," is a tv show...(1978 tv series),,that's what I intended there not the reggae song..

1 Like

Re: Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband by pweetyholly(f): 7:04am On Jul 02, 2014
justi4jesu:

Sorry not in Arabic countries..
what is it with diz muslims &their doctrine,wonder what the girls in that country will be goin tru

5 Likes

Re: Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband by gunuvi(m): 7:05am On Jul 02, 2014
in as much I pity the young girl she should face the music. why didn't she kill her parents who gave her out. at least she too is a Muslim and would have supported one or two similar sharia punishments in the past. now its her turn. if a Muslim is judged by sharia law we should let it be. they all supports the law.

4 Likes

Re: Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband by shaggy007(m): 7:06am On Jul 02, 2014
The girl is a Muslim na...No be Islam again?

Terrorism runs in their blood...imagine a young girl shooting someone in the head when He's asleep (how heartless), and then burying the person (wtf??!!)...potential terrorist.

Well I don't blame her, this is what happens when you legalize child marriage.

Very useless religion.

34 Likes

Re: Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband by justi4jesu(f): 7:08am On Jul 02, 2014
pweetyholly: what is it with diz muslims &their doctrine,wonder what the girls in that country will be goin tru

Sadly the legal age of marriage in Iran is set at 13 for girls and 15 for boys.

However, the same Act allows girls below 13 and boys below 15 to be wed but conditioned on the consent of their father and the permission of a court judge.

In addition, there are reports that Iranian legal affairs committee is pushing to lower the legal age of marriage for girls back to 9 years of age.

These people and their Law, you never see anything, they rush the marriages like hot Rice. SMH undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband by ifex370(m): 7:10am On Jul 02, 2014
yerima must be feeling good about himself right now

7 Likes

Re: Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband by Emperortj93(m): 7:10am On Jul 02, 2014
Killing is killing jor
like ma papa always said 'do the crime and serve the time' in jail ofcourse
simple
Re: Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband by zolajpower: 7:13am On Jul 02, 2014
njokusboy: Wow, so sad... But she is only just a child... On the other hand, shooting a man and burying the corpse, takes a hard hearted fellow to do such.... Dats premeditated murder... D girl should be rehabilitated not killed, she is psychologically affected....
Gbam u hv hit d nail on d head. Tht is y d chibok girls shld be releasd. So dey dnt get to be psychological traumatisd
Re: Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband by zolajpower: 7:14am On Jul 02, 2014
njokusboy: Wow, so sad... But she is only just a child... On the other hand, shooting a man and burying the corpse, takes a hard hearted fellow to do such.... Dats premeditated murder... D girl should be rehabilitated not killed, she is psychologically affected....
Gbam u hv hit d nail on d head. Tht is y d chibok girls shld be releasd. So dey dnt get to be psychologically traumatisd and a menace to society.
Re: Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband by bitterpenis(m): 7:17am On Jul 02, 2014
Hmmm na wah!
Re: Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 02, 2014

20 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Released Hostage Says He Was Held By UNRWA Teacher In Gaza. / The Obamas' Trip To Former Slaving Port In Senegal (Pictures & Video) / Police And Pro-Palestinian Demonstrators Clash At DNC Headquarters (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.