Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN (12691 Views)

New Electricity Tariff: Buhari May Face 1st Labour Showdown As NLC,TUC Spit Fire / APGA Members May Storm Otuoke Over Unpaid Election Largesse / Boko Haram Members May Face Crimes Against Humanity – UN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN by Castos(m): 8:07pm On May 17, 2013
Members of Boko Haram and other extremist groups in Nigeria, could face war crimes charges for deliberate acts leading to ethnic and religious cleansing, the United Nations, UN, has said.

Rupert Colvile, the spokesperson for the UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR), said this in a statement made available at the UN Head quarters in New York on Friday.

He reiterated calls on Boko Haram and other extremist groups in Nigeria to cease their “cowardly attacks” against civilians, members of government institutions, security forces and foreign nationals.

“The High Commissioner noted that members of Boko Haram, if judged to have committed systematic attacks against a civilian population on grounds such as religion or ethnicity could be found guilty of crimes against humanity.

“Deliberate acts leading to population `cleansing’ on grounds of religion or ethnicity could also amount to a crime against humanity,” Mr. Colville stressed.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/134808-boko-haram-members-may-face-war-crimes-charges-un.html

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 17, 2013
All UN does is issue ridiculous statements

can they please help us find and arrest Shekau now?

12 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN by jaido007: 11:51pm On May 17, 2013
Mak una come nigeria con charge dem nah...... Una dey newyork dey blab.......we need solution

9 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN by supaeagles(m): 11:56pm On May 17, 2013
jaido007: Mak una come nigeria con charge dem nah...... Una dey newyork dey blab.......we need solution
Here's a double Like for that. UN sometimes just talk without any meaningful action.
Re: Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN by Iyke13: 11:57pm On May 17, 2013
We're waiting
Re: Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN by Alamen001: 11:57pm On May 17, 2013
Let the tribunal be later. We need solution now.

Click Here

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN by usibengate(m): 11:58pm On May 17, 2013
UN should remain quite and should not throw Nigeria into further complexity for now.

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN by Prince0500(m): 11:58pm On May 17, 2013
Dats good to hear
Re: Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN by Penssuwa(m): 11:59pm On May 17, 2013
ok, we don hear. Una own na to talk
Re: Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN by gramci: 12:01am On May 18, 2013
forget UN war crime, Nigerian army will fix them

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN by bigt2(m): 12:02am On May 18, 2013
If u.s gets their hands in2 dis war, i fear 4 d northerners!
Re: Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN by jumobi1(m): 12:08am On May 18, 2013
May? it's either will or will not
Re: Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN by elbinmanny(m): 12:16am On May 18, 2013
Wateva......meanwhile I haven't heard from el rufai recently o cheesy
Re: Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN by Nobody: 12:17am On May 18, 2013
UN dis is the time when we need your help. pls help us now.
Re: Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN by devigblegble: 12:18am On May 18, 2013
Over the years it's now that the UN knows that BH faces war charges huh I SMH for UN, when everyone has been murdered, then I'll see their action mtcheeew abeg 9ja soldiers go do ur job joor

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN by abokine: 12:19am On May 18, 2013
UN my foot. Who are they gonna charge ghosts? Or sucide bombbers.oh I know,the president right?
Re: Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN by HezronLorraine(m): 12:19am On May 18, 2013
mikeansy: All UN does is issue ridiculous statements

can they please help us find and arrest Shekau now?
you are out of point and baseless.that you don't see the actions done doesn't mean something never happens somewhere.looks like you're unfamiliar with the system of doing things in un.except un is called upon or are solution is passed by the un gass,no help can be issued to any country under any insurgence but un will always lend its voice to clamor against any activity that can endanger world peace.if not for process why do you think Syria hasn't been invaded by troops from western powers under the mandate of the un to oust bashir al Assad .whT un can do about Boko haram is to issue statements against heir activities and call on the fg to wake up to protect the life's of its citizens.un is an international body.it doesn't have a permanent military force as most groupings ,no intel community.this is only achieved when member states are called upon to contribute a military force to restore peace tp a region or country.no force on earth can come into Nigeria today to fight Islamist militants under the aegis of the un because ban ki moon said so,no it takes consultations,declarations,resolution,dn deployment .in Nigerias case we don't need any peace keeping troops from any body to curtail activities of terrorists.we are capable of showing the world e can handle our crises hich e currently are doing,may every forces of cluelessness and slowness be eliminated this time around to send those devils 6fts below.
Re: Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN by Nobody: 12:20am On May 18, 2013
Humm
Re: Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN by Nobody: 12:20am On May 18, 2013
They and their sponsors should.....

You can't kill women and children simply because they don't practice your religion..

That is a crime against humanity....

They are war criminals!!!
Re: Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN by jhydebaba(m): 12:38am On May 18, 2013
Boko haram is faceless, who are we fighting with now? Who's gonna face world crime? Oh! They have face now?
Re: Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN by youngmoneypiz: 1:02am On May 18, 2013
Re: Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN by Buc(m): 1:05am On May 18, 2013
During the Boston bombing suspect chase the world media was showing it to us, the Libyan civil war also and we are still getting daily footage from Syria (how be it) censored. But, Nigeria own go different, the jets no go carry camera(if truely we get battle worthy jets), to show us the bombing. After, the next thing go be billions of Nigerian money wey the operation chop. Govt no go fit tell us the origins of the boko members and how them take they get their supplies and support, we no go hear any conclusive investigation on whether Qatar and Saudi follow they support their sunni brethren or the Imam wey be Usman Dan Fodio wey send them message.
After the northern Ayatollas (elders) go tell their boys to melt into the civil population so them go fit use their strong grip on Nigeria tell the army to withdraw.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN by Buc(m): 1:24am On May 18, 2013
Boston bombing suspect confesses: 'when you attack one moslem, you attack all moslems'. If this is the case, should we be expecting mercenaries from Alkaida, taliban, Tuaregs, Alshabaab and their likes?

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN by InvertedHammer: 1:37am On May 18, 2013
Buc: Boston bombing suspect confesses: 'when you attack one moslem, you attack all moslems'. If this is the case, should we be expecting mercenaries from Alkaida, taliban, Tuaregs, Alshabaab and their likes?

That's why every northerner should be labelled a BH or BH-in-waiting.

The goal should be to send them as soon as possible to collect their own virgins before

the giver runs out of virgins.

5 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN by PapaBrowne(m): 1:37am On May 18, 2013
I dont want Boko Haram members facing any war crimes tribunal anywhere in the world.
I want them to have a speedy passage to the great beyond where they can have 72 demons disguised as virgins waiting to lead them to the deepest chambers of hell!

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN by babaowo: 1:46am On May 18, 2013
well we shall all see......
Re: Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN by musiwa26: 1:58am On May 18, 2013
sam , i am a southerner, and not a northerner as you have assume. i am not boko haram.

i do not think the UN officer knows the real story of the matter to make claim.

Now that nigeria have end up in a civil war. People should be happy. In war, it is hard and Boko haram will fight with no rule. They will not hold on and get shoot out.

The issue is the united nation have not been a fair judge in this issue to mediate between the characters involve. There are serious human right violation by the Nigeria govt.

Jonathan is violating the right of the people of the western Niger of nigeria too and not only that of Boko haram north only and he want to continue to do so. that why he is using boko haram as a shield to remain in power. This is his plan.

His refusal to alter the structure of Nigeria is because of his selfish and his ethnic interest and not in the best interest of the people of Nigeria.

Any normal person. even a mad man will alter the configuration of Nigeria because of the satellite pictures. But Jonathan have refuse because he want his ethnic group to continue to cheat the people of the western Niger of Nigeria.

Boko haram looking at the satellite pictures are only reacting as any human will react in a situation were they have assume for 50 years as been majority, to sudden discovered they are not. Will be a blow shock to anyone.

It is the failure of Jonathan to alter the structure of the federation that have increase the violent. This violent will not go away. If the united nation assume that it will go away. The united nation have made the greatest mistake as a body. This issue is going to end up in a full blow civil war.

Jonathan is not acting well as the president of Nigeria at the moment to resolve the issue. I believe without any doubt in my mind and God hold me account. That altering the configuration of the federal republic of Nigeria is the only way to peace. Any other option. There will NEVER be peace in the nation of Nigeria. knowing the body politics of nigeria.

Nobody wait and been cheated. And agree, to assume that the western niger of nigeria will agree.. and remain silly. They will rather overthrow the govt. If anyone doubt our capability. They are fools.

There will not be peace in the nation of Nigeria until the configuration of Nigeria is alter.

The north will fight and they will fight hard. There will never be peace in the nation of Nigeria, if the international community does not step in. There will be no peace.

The world should prepare for war and not peace in Nigeria. There will be no peace.

I think the United nation will fail in its duty if its does not step in into the case of Nigeria. and to be honest with you. Most people of west africa have lost confident in the united nation. the united nation is now been seen as taken side with Jonathan govt.

This is the impression everybody get. And most people have lost confident in the united nation as a body to bring fairness to people. The united nation is now been seen as a bias body which is taken side in the conflict of Nigeria.

Look Jonathan govt is not doing right. If Jonathan govt have alter the structure of Nigeria. the crisis will not have continue. But Jonathan became an ethnic warrior. because the satellite pictures does not favor his own ethnic group. This is the reason why Goodluck Jonathan have refuse to alter the structure of Nigeria. So that it can bring fairness to others.

You are going to see more blood flowing if they dont alter the structure of Nigeria. There will be no peace in Nigeria until we get justice. Anyone thinking of peace is a fool.

Action and reaction are equal and opposite. this is what i learn. You treat people well. they treat you well. Jonathan have not treated the western niger of Nigeria. And they hate him with passion like the North too. And no united nation can help him.

The bible says there is no peace for the wicked. And there will be no peace for Jonathan govt until Jonathan believe that it is good to treat others well. the structure most be alter.

There will not be peace in Nigeria any more.

sam , i am a southerner, and not a northerner as you have assume. i am not boko haram.

look my friend what do you expect , there is noway anyone can get fair hearing in Nigeria. Noway. When people cant get fair hearing they have no other option than result to violent. When even the united nation which is suppose not to take side is not be fair.. What do you expect them to do.

You leave the people of western niger of nigeria too. No other option too than violent to correct injustice. And nobody will care what the united nation say. Since most people around the world can see the united nation is failing in his duty to bring world peace. boko haram are taken the laws into their hands because they believe they cant get a fair hearing from nigeria govt and the united nation..

I will tell you. so are we also the people of the western niger of nigeria because the united nation is assume to have taken side with Jonathan govt who have refuse to bring justice by altering the structure of Nigeria because of his selfish and his own ethnic interest. He believe in the same old method of using bribe of money and position , instead of doing right. You cant find peace using bribe of money or position.

Nigeria will not know peace. The world should prepare for war and not peace. When we all fail to do right .

this is my personal opinion.
Re: Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN by Nobody: 2:15am On May 18, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: you are out of point and baseless.that you don't see the actions done doesn't mean something never happens somewhere.looks like you're unfamiliar with the system of doing things in un.except un is called upon or are solution is passed by the un gass,no help can be issued to any country under any insurgence but un will always lend its voice to clamor against any activity that can endanger world peace.if not for process why do you think Syria hasn't been invaded by troops from western powers under the mandate of the un to oust bashir al Assad .whT un can do about Boko haram is to issue statements against heir activities and call on the fg to wake up to protect the life's of its citizens.un is an international body.it doesn't have a permanent military force as most groupings ,no intel community.this is only achieved when member states are called upon to contribute a military force to restore peace tp a region or country.no force on earth can come into Nigeria today to fight Islamist militants under the aegis of the un because ban ki moon said so,no it takes consultations,declarations,resolution,dn deployment .in Nigerias case we don't need any peace keeping troops from any body to curtail activities of terrorists.we are capable of showing the world e can handle our crises hich e currently are doing,may every forces of cluelessness and slowness be eliminated this time around to send those devils 6fts below.

do you honestly believe you told me something I dont already know?
Re: Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN by AGBORMAN1(m): 2:29am On May 18, 2013
musiwa26: i do not think the UN knows the real story of the matter to make claim.

Now that nigeria have end up in a civil war. People should be happy. In war, it is hard and Boko haram will fight with no rule. They will not hold on and get shoot out.

The issue is the united nation have not been a fair judge in this issue to mediate between the characters involve. There are serious human right violation by the Nigeria govt.

Jonathan is violating the right of the people of the western Niger of nigeria and he want to continue to do so. that why he is using boko haram as a shield to remain in power. This is his plan.

His refusal to alter the structure of Nigeria is because of his selfish and his ethnic interest and not in the best interest of the people of Nigeria.

Any normal person. even a mad man will alter the configuration of Nigeria because of the satellite pictures. But Jonathan have refuse because he want his ethnic group to continue to cheat the people of the western Niger of Nigeria.

Boko haram looking at the satellite pictures are only reacting as any human will react in a situation were they have assume for 50 years as been majority, to sudden discovered they are not. Will be a blow shock to anyone.

It is the failure of Jonathan to alter the structure of the federation that have increase the violent. This violent will not go away. If the united nation assume that it will go away. The united nation have made the greatest mistake as a body. This issue is going to end up in a full blow civil war.

Jonathan is not acting well as the president of Nigeria at the moment to resolve the issue. I believe without any doubt in my mind and God hold me account. That altering the configuration of the federal republic of Nigeria is the only way to peace. Any other option. There will NEVER be peace in the nation of Nigeria. knowing the body politics of nigeria.

Nobody wait and been cheated. And agree, to assume that the western niger of nigeria will agree.. and remain stupid. They will rather overthrow the govt. If anyone doubt our capability. They are fools.

There will not be peace in the nation of Nigeria until the configuration of Nigeria is alter.

The north will fight and they will fight hard. There will never be peace in the nation of Nigeria, if the international community does not step in. There will be no peace.

The world should prepare for war and not peace in Nigeria. There will be no peace.

Nigeria will sulely win the war. Islam-a-bad. Now, Go back to your cave.

6 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN by Buc(m): 2:32am On May 18, 2013
musiwa26: i do not think the UN officer knows the real story of the matter to make claim.

Jonathan is violating the right of the people of the western Niger of nigeria and he want to continue to do so. that why he is using boko haram as a shield to remain in power. This is his plan.

Nobody wait and been cheated. And agree, to assume that the western niger of nigeria will agree.. and remain stupid. They will rather overthrow the govt. If anyone doubt our capability. They are fools.

not making sense.
And where are you refering to as western niger?

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Members May Face War Crimes Charges – UN by musiwa26: 2:43am On May 18, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Files Counter-Suit, Asks Court To Sack Tambuwal / Funke Olakunrin: We Will Not Declare War - Gani Adams / Insecurity: Tambuwal Signs Executive Orders, Issues New Security Directives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.