Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,215 members, 7,839,136 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? (17897 Views)

What are the Rewards For Muslim Women In Paradise? / Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? / Why Are Muslim Suffering? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by ffo(m): 4:06pm On May 24, 2013
1. women are not allowed to go to stadium to watch football match in saudi
2. it is haram for a muslim woman to marry a non muslim but a muslim man can marry a non muslim
3. women are not allowed to drive cars in saudi
4. women can not travel for pilgrimage to saudi without being accompanied by a man
5. women are to cover their faces (highest level of 'decent' dressing) while emphasis is not laid on men's dressing
5. a muslim man can marry up to 4 wives but a muslim woman is only entitled to only one man
etc etc etc

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by Kinikini: 4:10pm On May 24, 2013
The poster reminds me of the adage '' ajegbodo n wa eni kunra'' . The wrong doer looking for company. I suppose the poster would consider it good treatment seeing muslim women suddenly become dressed skimpily. So they can become object of sexual relish and exploited in advert as it is over the whole place.
Why cry more than the bereaved anyway. We should learn to mind our business really.

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 24, 2013
i want to comment but i dnt want to be banned
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by EinJung: 4:21pm On May 24, 2013
Before Islam, females in Arabia were treated very terribly! They were seen as property that could be sold for debt and female babies were often killed to avoid the shame. It was the worst machonist (not sure if thats the word) society you could imagine.

However, even though Islam preached against those, there is only an extent to which a society which has been that way for centuries can be corrected. With time they began to revert to old practices and incorporate it into their lifestyle Along with Islam.

Concerning covering your body as a female which guy hasn't had konji from just scoping a chic. Even if you're christian you agree that lust isn't healthy for your spiritual life, so the veil is just to protect men from it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by Lagusta(m): 4:22pm On May 24, 2013
ffo: 1. women are not allowed to go to stadium to watch football match in saudi
2. it is haram for a muslim woman to marry a non muslim but a muslim man can marry a non muslim
4. women can not travel for pilgrimage to saudi without being accompanied by a man
5. women are to cover their faces (highest level of 'decent' dressing) while emphasis is not laid on men's dressing
5. a muslim man can marry up to 4 wives but a muslim woman is only entitled to only one man
etc etc etc

I noticed you mentioned only "saudi saudi saudi!!!" Now mention other muslim countries where this driving law is practised, maybe egypt, jordan, indonesia....

And yes, a muslim woman must not travel without her husband, father or brother, WHY The simple reason being PROTECTION!!!

Say for example a lady travels all alone by bus from lagos to abuja, and the bus breaks down somewhere, she is all alone, wearing spaghetti tops with revealing bosoms and co, won't the men around be tempted to do some nasty stuff on her And these things really happen!!!

And of course, didn't solomon, abraham and moses marry more than one wife in the bible

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by just2endowed: 4:24pm On May 24, 2013
holyvirgin: Yeah in the north here a muslim woman married to an 'usters'(hope I got the spelling) is not allowed to come out without dressing like a ninja (covering from head to toes except the eye) but their men can dress without pain. Infact the holy mallam is allowed to marry as many wives that he desires but for where their 'obedient' wife should and must not be seen talking to a man that is not their husbands.

Honestly I don't want to conclude that they are maltreated but muslims can adjust a little try not to use islam to subject their wives to ordinary slaves who just sit back and do nothing while their husbands freely dehumanize them.

I pity muslim ladies sha!
yea right. Why pity.
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by supaeagles(m): 4:26pm On May 24, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
And Christian/other women are not?
LOL!!
...not as much I guess
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by solamesin(m): 4:28pm On May 24, 2013
I don't really your view but Islam forbid making women as entaining pet where By people be watching their dignity and nude for enjoyment. This advance way of disrespecting our fellow human being. Compare women with men for what? Men should cater for them protect them.I don't really your view but Islam forbid making women as entaining pet where By people be watching their dignity and nude for enjoyment. This advance way of disrespecting our fellow human being. Compare women with men for what? Men should cater for them protect them.I don't really your view but Islam forbid making women as entaining pet where By people be watching their dignity and nude for enjoyment. This advance way of disrespecting our fellow human being. Compare women with men for what? Men should cater for them protect them.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by deols(f): 4:32pm On May 24, 2013
etc etc etc

You need to explain how all of these translate to being mistreated.

I actually like many of these and I am a Muslim woman smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by Lagusta(m): 4:32pm On May 24, 2013
Oya let's take it from there.....

In iran, a woman's life is half a man, but in saudi, all humans are equal.....

In saudi, a woman can't drive, even if she can fly, but in iran, women fly, swim, drive, run, skate.....

As you can see, different strokes for different folks, laws are different in every country...

In nigeria, we recognise islam, christianity and traditional religions, but we don't recognise judaism, baha'I and other religions, abi

So laws are different in different countries, it has absolutely nothing to do with religion....

And finally, iran is not an islamic country, it is a SHIA country, daz all
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 24, 2013
5. a muslim man can marry up to 4 but a muslim woman is only entitled to only one man
etc etc etc

I am a Muslim woman, not mistreated but protected. I lived in the middle east for years, and its the most safest place I have ever lived. I have lived in Europe and Americas and I long to go back to the middle east. Its only in the middle east teenage girls can roam the malls at 2 am without any fear. I'm going to give u short replies to your points from my understanding.
1. Protection
2. The man is the head of the house, what if the guy doesn't let her practice her religion?
3. Protection (you most probably won't understand this point). And I used to cruise around with my cousins in our Escalade. I didn't have to do driving test cos I was a lady, got my license easily. Would most probably had failed the test then and the instructor knew that.
4. Protection. You hear of ladies going to western countries on vacation and getting harassed, raped or killed, I have never heard of such incidence in Saudi .
5. Have you seen the way the men dress in the middle east? Oh and I feel the safest when I am covered. And it is my choice to cover.
6. It is better to marry 4 wives than to live in sin with 4 girlfriends. Men are polygamous in nature. You guys have problems with men having 4 wives but you see no problem with the immorality of men with 4 girlfriends. And the Qur'an said 4 wives IF you can love and treat them equally, which many men can't do. Do you know how many Christians have many wives, uncountable. An aunt of mine became a Christian to marry a Christian just because she can't share husband and Muslim men marry many wives. Her husband married 2 wives after her, while no man in her Muslim family has more than 1 wife.

Now pls tell me, in our Nigeria, are women allowed to marry more than one husband? So what's ur point?

let me add never having to wait in line, being chauffeured around, I really don't like driving. Having doors opened for you wherever you are. Nobody whistling like dogs or leering at you. The utmost freedom and respect you get from everyone.

@poster, if you have never lived it, you don't know it. I enjoy my life.
women are maltreated round the world irrespective of religion, remember that.

15 Likes

Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by ksusi: 4:37pm On May 24, 2013
I dont have enough time l would have elaborate on this topic,notwithstanding no religion on earth that dignify,equalise nd honour women like Islam

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by DeepSight(m): 4:39pm On May 24, 2013
wazobia_for_u:

Islam see women as fragile or flexible that have to be pamper and treat with care that is why some Muslim don't allow their wife to work or do heavy job but this is not a must for all Muslims, allowing women to drive a car is not a form of bad treatment, my sister love to drive and her husband never allowed her and they are good Christians, does that mean she is in cage?

Can you mention two or three countries that their country rules forbid women from driving, I have been fortunate to be in some Muslim dominated countries and women drives.

Concerning cloths, almost all women body is regard as unclothedness because almost all part of their body seduce men, be sincere with yourself if you see the laps of a guy and a girl what come to your mind? For me I feel seduced seeing fresh and clean nails only and that is one of my priority choosing lady.

Its not compulsory for all Muslim women to wear what you are saying but is compulsory for them to dress decent just like the way Bible portray Mary the mother of Jesus.

Christians should not be having problem with the dressing of so.e Muslim ladies when they cover their body, if you call Mary the mother of Jesus, the cherish,adorable,icon,mentor and the best among women but you don't see anything good in people that dress like her.

Maybe you should check the way some catholic dress.

Why cant a woman say Talaq Talaq talaq?

Why cant a woman marry four husbands? And talaq them as she pleases?

Why do you think only men are seduced by flesh. Why dont you consider that women are also seduced by men's bodies, and as such, men should dress like ninjas and cover every part of their bodies except their eyes. Infact they should also cover their eyes, because as we all know, eyes can be hugely seductive.

What goes on in Saudi Arabia is nothing short of gender apartheid.
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 24, 2013
tbaba1234: Are men and women equal? The honest answer is no, 1=1 is equality. What is needed between men and women is justice and equity not equality.

Please why are men superior to women in Islam?
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by MrAboki: 4:48pm On May 24, 2013
[size=13pt]Did the Muslim women tell you people they didnt like how we treated them?! [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 24, 2013
Mr Aboki: [size=13pt]Did the Muslim women tell you people they didnt like how we treated them?! [/size]

abeg help me ask them o? Taking Panadol for what they perceive as headache. They don't know we are enjoying.
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by deols(f): 4:58pm On May 24, 2013
Deep Sight:

Why do you think only men are seduced by flesh. Why dont you consider that women are also seduced by men's bodies, and as such, men should dress like ninjas and cover every part of their bodies except their eyes. Infact they should also cover their eyes, because as we all know, eyes can be hugely seductive.

Many of you hear the News and make conclusions. People who live among arabs or that have lived among them can tell you that their women, on an average are not complaining.

About men being attracted to women, the effect is definitely different from when men are the ones attracted. You hear of women being raped but same can not be said of men.
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by FiftyFifty(m): 4:59pm On May 24, 2013
I wish u know what Brom women (in Jos) ar going thru; I wish u know what Jarawa women (in Bauchi) ar going thru; I wish u know what Tangale (in Gombe) ar going thru; in d South-South some culture still allowed Sons to inherit the wives of their late Father (dt can be found even in part of Benue state); d list is endless & all these mistreatment of women & many others ar bn done by XTIANS.
Driving is nothing but suffering & a Muslim woman is NOT meant to suffer. On dressing, she must not necessarily cover her face but she must cover her body because she‘s precious, just like MARY the mother of Jesus. So where is d mistreatment

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by tbaba1234: 4:59pm On May 24, 2013
fellis:

Please why are men superior to women in Islam?

Where did you see superiority?

They are different creatures and have different responsibilities, none is held with the standard of the other.

Every one is equal before Allah.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by deols(f): 5:02pm On May 24, 2013
tbaba1234:

They are different creatures and have different responsibilities, none is held with the standard of the other.

piety makes the difference before Allah
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by tbaba1234: 5:03pm On May 24, 2013
deols:
piety makes the difference before Allah

Exactly
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by ParisLove1: 5:03pm On May 24, 2013
tbaba1234: Did muslim women come to complain to you?
(Bukhari 7:72:715):
…Aisha said, ‘I have not seen any woman
suffering as much as the muslim women…’
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by tbaba1234: 5:06pm On May 24, 2013
^ Lol, bros you can lie. .

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by ParisLove1: 5:10pm On May 24, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 24, 2013
tbaba1234:

tbaba1234: Are men and women equal? The honest answer is no

In any case, if men and women are equal in the sight of Allah then why must men always be the leader? Doesn't that indicate that women are incapable of being leaders? And why is the evidence of two women equal to the evidence of only one man.
Please, let's not lie to ourselves, men are regarded as superior to women in Islam.
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by amanatulah(f): 5:23pm On May 24, 2013
thelonelyshadow: I know that men and women have physical differences, but i'm talking about other stuff.

For example, in some middle eastern countries, women are not allowed to drive cars and also, how come women have to cover their entire body and walk around in the black dresses while men can wear whatever they want?

when buying chocolate in a store,do u buy the one with wrap or one that is visible?. .everyone buy wrapped chocolate. . .a muslim woman is so precious. . .her body is not for every diick nd henry to seesmiley

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by tbaba1234: 5:45pm On May 24, 2013
fellis:

In any case, if men and women are equal in the sight of Allah then why must men always be the leader? Doesn't that indicate that women are incapable of being leaders? And why is the evidence of two women equal to the evidence of only one man.
Please, let's not lie to ourselves, men are regarded as superior to women in Islam.

If you read my first post properly, you won't be asking the question about witnesses in business transactions, how many women in arabia were involved in business.? Do not think it makes sense for two women to serve as witnesses since they were not into business in case one slips up.

Men as leaders in the home does not make them superior, It is because Allah said so, it is not because they are smarter or stronger. Besides the man is given more responsibility as well and will have to account for more.

Again, we don't compare men and women, they both play very important roles.
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by wazobiaforu(m): 5:47pm On May 24, 2013
Deep Sight:

New International Version (©2011)
But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head--it is the same as having her head shaved

* She leads him astray with great persuasion; with flattering lips she seduces him

Why did Bible said women should cover their heads and man and man van open his own?
Why is only women that seduced men with their lips and body in the Bible and not other way round?

Don't sound gayish because you want to argue blindly. Since you have been watching Christian video or Christian story book, is it the same way men and women dress?

Even in united state where there is equal rights, women can still not dress like men in some stages , if you bliv in God then you must accept that God himself put differences

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures That Excite Muslims About Ramadan / Dealing With The Temptation To Show Off / Say No To Boy/girl Friend. Go Marry!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.