Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,056 members, 7,838,679 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? (17895 Views)

What are the Rewards For Muslim Women In Paradise? / Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? / Why Are Muslim Suffering? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by bukatyne(f): 9:48pm On May 25, 2013
Beloved1993:

I am a Muslim woman, not mistreated but protected. I lived in the middle east for years, and its the most safest place I have ever lived. I have lived in Europe and Americas and I long to go back to the middle east. Its only in the middle east teenage girls can roam the malls at 2 am without any fear. I'm going to give u short replies to your points from my understanding.
1. Protection
2. The man is the head of the house, what if the guy doesn't let her practice her religion?
3. Protection (you most probably won't understand this point). And I used to cruise around with my cousins in our Escalade. I didn't have to do driving test cos I was a lady, got my license easily. Would most probably had failed the test then and the instructor knew that.
4. Protection. You hear of ladies going to western countries on vacation and getting harassed, raped or killed, I have never heard of such incidence in Saudi .
5. Have you seen the way the men dress in the middle east? Oh and I feel the safest when I am covered. And it is my choice to cover.
6. It is better to marry 4 wives than to live in sin with 4 girlfriends. Men are polygamous in nature. You guys have problems with men having 4 wives but you see no problem with the immorality of men with 4 girlfriends. And the Qur'an said 4 wives IF you can love and treat them equally, which many men can't do. Do you know how many Christians have many wives, uncountable. An aunt of mine became a Christian to marry a Christian just because she can't share husband and Muslim men marry many wives. Her husband married 2 wives after her, while no man in her Muslim family has more than 1 wife.

Now pls tell me, in our Nigeria, are women allowed to marry more than one husband? So what's ur point?

let me add never having to wait in line, being chauffeured around, I really don't like driving. Having doors opened for you wherever you are. Nobody whistling like dogs or leering at you. The utmost freedom and respect you get from everyone.

@poster, if you have never lived it, you don't know it. I enjoy my life.
women are maltreated round the world irrespective of religion, remember that.

I sure don't know who created the men to be polygamous. Not my God anyways!
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by drhappy(m): 4:39pm On May 26, 2013
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by tbaba1234: 10:41pm On May 26, 2013
Fellis, you are wrong here.
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by Nobody: 10:49pm On May 26, 2013
tbaba1234: Fellis, you are wrong here.
Yeah thanks for pointing that out. Please don't worry about explaining why I'm wrong, thank you.
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by Nobody: 11:58am On May 27, 2013
Beloved1993:

Whatever: I have nothing important to say but can't keep my mouth shut

fellis:

Whatever
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by maclatunji: 12:05pm On May 27, 2013
Salam ladies, please cool it.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 30, 2013
tbaba1234:

One of the ways, Islam protects the woman is that she has to travel with a male relation. To understand the background of this, imagine the difficulty of travelling across the desert when there were no cars or airplanes, think of th danger of bandits looking for an easy prey. Having a male companion protects her and helps her with difficulties on the way.

Fast forward to the 21st century, travel is a lot easier and danger is probably lesser depending on where you are travelling to.

In the case, where a woman is travelling out of neccessity and no male relation can come along. It is permissible for one to drop her at the airport and another pick her on the other side. Like her husband drops her off and her father picks her up.

There is no rule that stops a woman from driving, this is peculiar to saudi society not a general ruling.

Thanks for the explanation. But, there is still one grey area u're missing out. . . Let's say I'm travelling to the UK from Nigeria as a muslim lady on an official trip, I didn't go with any "haram" as they were all busy with their own lives and I also donot have any of them to pick me up on arrival in the UK, what do I do?
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by deols(f): 9:02pm On May 30, 2013
bettymafy:

Thanks for the explanation. But, there is still one grey area u're missing out. . . Let's say I'm travelling to the UK from Nigeria as a muslim lady on an official trip, I didn't go with any "haram" as they were all busy with their own lives and I also donot have any of them to pick me up on arrival in the UK, what do I do?

Many of us would have found ourselves in this situation. I think we would only try to do the best we can and actually practice it right when we have the means to.

I once met a man on a flight who was travelling abroad so he could go bring his wife and daughters home.

I was moved by it. I was travelling alone. I wish I could do it right.
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by tbaba1234: 9:33pm On May 30, 2013
bettymafy:

Concessions can be made in matters of absolute necessity but that should be the exception not the rule. All we can do is try our best.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by Nobody: 7:45am On May 31, 2013
tbaba1234:

Concessions can be made in matters of absolute necessity but that should be the exception not the rule. All we can do is try our best.
cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures That Excite Muslims About Ramadan / Dealing With The Temptation To Show Off / Say No To Boy/girl Friend. Go Marry!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.