Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,280 members, 7,839,384 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? (17898 Views)

What are the Rewards For Muslim Women In Paradise? / Why Are Muslim Imams Not Buying Private Jets? / Why Are Muslim Suffering? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 24, 2013
tbaba1234:

If you read my first post properly, you won't be asking the question about witnesses in business transactions, how many women in arabia were involved in business.? Do not think it makes sense for two women to serve as witnesses since they were not into business in case one slips up.

Men as leaders in the home does not make them superior, It is because Allah said so, it is not because they are smarter or stronger. Besides the man is given more responsibility as well and will have to account for more.

Again, we don't compare men and women, they both play very important roles.

Okey dokey.

I have heard.
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by salt1: 5:48pm On May 24, 2013
Fifty-Fifty:
I wish u know what Brom women (in Jos) ar going thru; I wish u know what Jarawa women (in Bauchi) ar going thru; I wish u know what Tangale (in Gombe) ar going thru; in d South-South some culture still allowed Sons to inherit the wives of their late Father (dt can be found even in part of Benue state); d list is endless & all these mistreatment of women & many others ar bn done by XTIANS.
Driving is nothing but suffering & a Muslim woman is NOT meant to suffer. On dressing, she must not necessarily cover her face but she must cover her body because she‘s precious, just like MARY the mother of Jesus. So where is d mistreatment

Well-rehearsed lines quoted everywhere! The answers are always the same:

1. Generalization: every single person in Jos, or South South is a Christian. Even when the people are idle worshippers following their people's tradition, they are still lumped as Christians
2. Mary wore veil. You disrespect her son and the religion He brought but quote her when using her age of marriage or dressing to buttress your point
3. Abraham, Solomon etc were polygamous over 2000 years' ago but they're still used to justify institutionalized polygamy in the 21st century
4.History: @thaba, Muslim women had more rights than British women donkey years ago, so Islam is fair to women today.
Change is the only constant but Muslims refuse to change. But for the compulsion and dogma that exists, I know many women who would gladly jettison this angry faith. I hear you talk of convinced Muslims and Muslims by default.

I read parts of the biography of "I am Nujood, ten years' old and divorced" and my heart bled.
Islam insists on consent for the girl before marriage. What consent can a 9year-old Yemeni girl have when she's to be married off to a 35year old man?
We should mind our business with the high female illiteracy level in the North, the high poverty rate (which is wearing a woman's face), with child marriage and its associated risks of VVF?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by amanatulah(f): 5:48pm On May 24, 2013
fellis:

Please why are men superior to women in Islam?

In your house who is the head of the family?is it not ur father. . .my dear your husband is superior.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by oluagness(m): 5:48pm On May 24, 2013
I think veil was introduced to preserved Muhammad wifes from men. It is not meant for everybody. trust islam, everything is overdo... killing etc
“Believers, do not enter the Prophet’s house…unless asked. And if you are invited…do not linger. And when you ask something from the Prophet’s wives, do so from behind a hijab. This will assure the purity of your hearts as well as theirs” (33:53).
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by salt1: 5:53pm On May 24, 2013
amanatulah:

when buying chocolate in a store,do u buy the one with wrap or one that is visible?. .everyone buy wrapped chocolate. . .a muslim woman is so precious. . .her body is not for every diick nd henry to seesmiley

Same argument! Same illustration! And yet you acquire 4 of them for your manhood only to enjoy! How's that for purity and regard?
And you get them at age 13 when they have no bargaining power!

One young girl told me the greatest injustice God did to her was allowing her to be born by Muslim parents. She is anonymous and docile
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by LightningLord: 6:01pm On May 24, 2013
wazobia_for_u:

Islam see women as fragile or flexible that have to be pamper and treat with care that is why some Muslim don't allow their wife to work or do heavy job but this is not a must for all Muslims, allowing women to drive a car is not a form of bad treatment, my sister love to drive and her husband never allowed her and they are good Christians, does that mean she is in cage?

Can you mention two or three countries that their country rules forbid women from driving, I have been fortunate to be in some Muslim dominated countries and women drives.

Concerning cloths, almost all women body is regard as unclothedness because almost all part of their body seduce men, be sincere with yourself if you see the laps of a guy and a girl what come to your mind? For me I feel seduced seeing fresh and clean nails only and that is one of my priority choosing lady.

Its not compulsory for all Muslim women to wear what you are saying but is compulsory for them to dress decent just like the way Bible portray Mary the mother of Jesus.

Christians should not be having problem with the dressing of so. Muslim ladies when they cover their body, if you call Mary the mother of Jesus, the cherish,adorable,icon,mentor and the best among women but you don't see anything good in people that dress like her.

Maybe you should check the way some catholic dress.

Che, islam. Make criticism, albeit facetious, hide it, then leave jokes like this post untouched and push this thread to the front page?

You bring this thread out to the open, why? I suppose you're now going to ban this account/extend the other ban and censor my post again as well? If you aren't willing to listen to other opinions, wtf do you advertise your threads? Just so you could tell us 'what is' while we meekly bleat along? Do we look like deluded sheeple?

So again, this pure dross. Unadulterated drivel. The dizzying height of folly. Oh yes, why?

You think you have the right to 'allow' or deny them basic freedoms simply because in your warped, silly mind they're 'fragile or flexible that have to be pamper and treat with care'? Really? Says who?

This sounds like an opinion to me, one that reeks of a flavor of bigotry, and you don't deny people basic rights (especially rights which you yourself full enjoy) because of opinions. If you insist on doing so (and you do whenever given the chance) then I have to ask, wth do you, or even your tyrant overlord allah, think you are?

So, this OPINION has now led you to justify MANDATING other adults indulge you. This is particularly foolish. Dress, walk, speak, make friends only we approve of. You even go as far reducing the value of their testimonies in court; 1 man's testimony is equal to that of 2 women. Etc etc. You sure you don't tell them how to give birth as well? What about menstruate? Perhaps even how to breathe?

It sounds to me you think women are frivolous and foolish, so much so they really don't know what's best for themselves. It's condescending, sexist nonsense that assumes males inherently have rights over females. It assumes that by default males are superior to females.

Now, if a woman well exposed and aware of her rights chooses to remain sheeple and subscribe to your philosophy, good for her. That's her prerogative, I fully support her right to do so. For any other case, these mandates are astronomically far from acceptable, they're in other galaxies. To compound on this, consider islamic countries/societies, consider their stance on apostacy, then do the math. If a woman in one of these societies simply changes her mind about this nonsense....

Unless you don't mean the english definition of the word 'mistreat', the above very clearly is mistreatment. It's daylight robbery.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 24, 2013
thelonelyshadow: I know that men and women have physical differences, but i'm talking about other stuff.

For example, in some middle eastern countries, women are not allowed to drive cars and also, how come women have to cover their entire body and walk around in the black dresses while men can wear whatever they want?
Why is it that whenever u are watching the story of Jesus,his mother and other women do dress with almost their whole part of the body covered..You know what? You should have criticized or ask them to always dress like RIHANA and NICKY MINAJ since that is what ur bible teaches you.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by wazobiaforu(m): 6:23pm On May 24, 2013
LightningLord:

Che, islam. Make criticism, albeit facetious, hide it, then leave jokes like this post untouched and push this thread to the front page?

You bring this thread out to the open, why? I suppose you're now going to ban this account/extend the other ban and censor my post again as well? If you aren't willing to listen to other opinions, wtf do you advertise your threads? Just so you could tell us 'what is' while we meekly bleat along? Do we look like deluded sheeple?

So again, this pure dross. Unadulterated drivel. The dizzying height of folly. Oh yes, why?

You think you have the right to 'allow' or deny them basic freedoms simply because in your warped, silly mind they're 'fragile or flexible that have to be pamper and treat with care'? Really? Says who?

This sounds like an opinion to me, one that reeks of a flavor of bigotry, and you don't deny people basic rights (especially rights which you yourself full enjoy) because of opinions. If you insist on doing so (and you do whenever given the chance) then I have to ask, wth do you, or even your tyrant overlord allah, think you are?

So, this OPINION has now led you to justify MANDATING other adults indulge you. This is particularly foolish. Dress, walk, speak, make friends only we approve of. You even go as far reducing the value of their testimonies in court; 1 man's testimony is equal to that of 2 women. Etc etc. You sure you don't tell them how to give birth as well? What about menstruate? Perhaps even how to breathe?

It sounds to me you think women are frivolous and foolish, so much so they really don't know what's best for themselves. It's condescending, sexist nonsense that assumes males inherently have rights over females. It assumes that by default males are superior to females.

Now, if a woman well exposed and aware of her rights chooses to remain sheeple and subscribe to your philosophy, good for her. That's her prerogative, I fully support her right to do so. For any other case, these mandates are astronomically far from acceptable, they're in other galaxies. To compound on this, consider islamic countries/societies, consider their stance on apostacy, then do the math. If a woman in one of these societies simply changes her mind about this nonsense....

Unless you don't mean the english definition of the word 'mistreat', the above very clearly is mistreatment. It's daylight robbery.

Is this a zimbabwe or Indonesia song? At the end you said nothing
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 24, 2013
Mohamed, peace b upon him, started it with aicha(9yo) ,can you imagine ...women are objects in Islam...
I won't go further for now.... kiss
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by shamson: 6:41pm On May 24, 2013
vedaxcool: Women and men are equal in the sight of God, in Islam women and men get the same reward from God if they commit are act of goodness, they are rewarded equally, a prophetic saying goes, if you train a male u have only trained one person but if you train a female you have trained a nation! Underscoring the importance of women in nation building! Furthermore the most important person in a man world and who deserves the highest respect from any man living is his mother, a morther must be given three times the respect a father is due! The prophet pbuh said the best amongst you is he who is best to his wife, . . ., in Islam it is forbidden to attack women, children and the old during a state of war, . . . , there are so many rights that came with islam;

1. A woman have right to education

2. A woman have right to earn a living

3. A woman have rights to inherit from her father, husband,brothers etc a right which english women only started enjoying from the 1800s

4. Rights to marry a man of her choosing, the prophet said any marriage in which the woman's consent was not taken is automatically nullified!

Etc

A woman don't have the following rights;

1. Right to flirt around nope God forbid

2. Rights to that generally go against laws God made for mankind! Etc

See how women are enjoying the rights the west has bestowed upon them!

www.nairaland.com/1127342/women-west-happy-pt-1

m.aljazeera.com/se/2011916112412992221

Happy reading!

Gud will bless ur knowledge
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by shamson: 6:58pm On May 24, 2013
oluagness: I think veil was introduced to preserved Muhammad wifes from men. It is not meant for everybody. trust islam, everything is overdo... killing etc
“Believers, do not enter the Prophet’s house…unless asked. And if you are invited…do not linger. And when you ask something from the Prophet’s wives, do so from behind a hijab. This will assure the purity of your hearts as well as theirs” (33:53).

To understand the command see verses 30-31 in Surah 24 of the Holy Quran,
which give the meaning of:

{Tell the believing men to lower their gaze
and be modest. That is purer for them. Lo!
Allah is Aware of what they do. And tell the
believing women to lower their gaze and be
modest, and to display of their adornment
only that which is apparent, and to draw their
veils over their bosoms, and not to reveal
their adornment save to their own husbands
or fathers or husbands’ fathers, or their sons
or their husbands' sons, or their brothers or
their brothers' sons or sisters’ sons, or their
women, or their slaves, or male attendants
who lack vigor, or children who know naught
of women's unclothedness. And let them not
stamp their feet so as to reveal what they
hide of their adornment. And turn unto Allah
together, O believers, in order that ye may
succeed.}
See also verse number 59 in Surah, which gives
the meaning of:
{O Prophet! Tell thy wives and thy daughters
and the women of the believers to draw their
cloaks close round them [when they go
abroad]. That will be better, that so they may
be recognized and not annoyed. Allah is ever
Forgiving, Merciful.}
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by mathskill: 7:00pm On May 24, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by shamson: 7:38pm On May 24, 2013
LightningLord:

Why not build a hotel and ask Men to be the prostitutes while women patronize then. grin
LightningLord:

Why not build a hotel and ask Men to be the prostitutes while women patronize then.
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

So why the hell wasn't this post hidden even when it was a personal attack?

Anyway, cameroon pride, if you had taken the time to read tbaba's post before rushing to type insults, you would have noticed that he said men are not superior to women in Islam. That was the statement I said 'ok' to. I agree that men and women are equal, so there is no need to challenge what he said.
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by LightningLord: 7:57pm On May 24, 2013
wazobia_for_u:

Is this a zimbabwe or Indonesia song? At the end you said nothing

Correction, I nearly said nothing, thanks to the silly bans/censorship
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by LightningLord: 8:06pm On May 24, 2013
fellis:

Those are the insults, big mouth and coward.

Hey now, no need to get emotional and start throwing unnecessary insults, you can make your point civilly.

bla bla bla, these things are not mandated by Islam so they should not be blamed on Islam, you hear?

They are not? Is your testimony equal to a muslim males in court or not?
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by supaeagles(m): 8:09pm On May 24, 2013
Isn't this whole thread in violation of the (restrictive) NL rules? ...... Abi de mod don sleep or de toilet??
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 24, 2013
LightningLord:

They are not? Is your testimony equal to a muslim males in court or not?

Wow, you ask me this, even after all I told you on email?
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: don't mind the dunce...suffering and smiling, and wants to challenge our cultures but not this foreign religion which does more harm than good

Did you not read what tbaba said? There were more male traders so they had more knowledge on trading business to present in court grin
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

You are an airhead. I'm asking where is your feminism bravado to challenge the system and help your sufferings Muslim sisters. With your mouthike they are not mandated by Islam, so all what you were complaining in the other thread are mandated by African culture right? Don't even reply.

I don't even know what you mean when you say 'all what i was complaining about was mandated by african culture'. I am against oppression of women in whatever form it takes, I advocate gender equality and that is a way of helping women that are oppressed all over the world.
Your emotions are really running high, you need to calm down and think before you type.
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 24, 2013
fellis:

I don't even know what you mean when you say 'all what i was complaining about was mandated by african culture'. I am against oppression of women in whatever form it takes, I advocate gender equality and that is a way of helping women that are oppressed all over the world.
Your emotions are really running high, you need to calm down and think before you type.
Ms deols is in the building.so I'm out..keep suffering eihn don't worry
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 24, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:
Ms deols is in the building.so I'm out..keep suffering eihn don't worry
I'm not suffering but thanks for the unsolicited concern
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by Lalalaila(f): 8:33pm On May 24, 2013
This old chestnut again?

I feel blessed to be a Muslim woman smiley Alhamdullilah

First of all lets not get it twisted no religion condones the maltreatment of women, the majority of societies around the world are based on the traditional patriarchal model, therefor it is men who oppress women not religion. Are non Muslim women any less likely to be maltreated? NO

Clothes
Western society dictates that a woman is 'free' to reveal as much of herself as she wants....why should a Muslim woman not be equally as free to cover what she likes? I myself am a 'hijabi' and proud of it grin Yes Islam does state what should and should not be shown, but the emphasis is on modesty...not color, I am one of three sisters, the oldest one wears the niqaab (face covering), I wear a hijab and our youngest sister does not cover her hair. Would we like her to cover up, yes...I pray for Allah to guide her do I advise her to? Defiantly, is she forced no.

Muslim women have had the right to vote, to have property, to education and to be well cared for since the dawn of Islam...now that is liberation for you.

Does my faith protect me? Yep. Islam teaches that raising righteous daughters opens the gates of paradise, that heaven lies under your mother feet and that the best among men is he who is best to his wife....sorry for the paraphrasing.

As for the standing in Islam of women Mary the mother of Jesus peace be upon him and all Allah's prophets is held up as a shining example of what a woman should be, pious, devout, patient caring and the very first martyr of Islam was a woman who was put to death by pagan Arabs for not renouncing her faith.

Muslim's in the past have fought wars over the mistreatment of Muslim women.

The decay in the world today has nothing to do with how Islam treats women but how men of every faith no longer practice the articles of their faith...if they have one at all.

I think that Islam these days is put under the microscope as it is the last religion in the world where that majority of those who practice it still hold true to the fundamental teachings of their faith.

As it says in the Qur'an Lakum deenukum walia deen.....To you be your religion and to me my religon

grin

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by mtosin: 8:35pm On May 24, 2013
most of us are practicing one religion or the other because we are born into it and we didnt find out cogent info. abt the religion. we shouldnt tend to proove dat one is beta dan d other but we should always respect one another.
Re: Why Are Muslim Women Mistreated So Much? by JaaizTech: 8:39pm On May 24, 2013
mathskill: Deceit.You are all full of deceit.Take a close look at the title of your post.You already judged and sentenced without a trial and you follow it with a "i am not going to make assumptions".
1. There are societies were females are not even given the right of life were female infanticide is the norm but you wont question that and praise Islam for stopping it.

2. We have cultures in this country that when a woman is widowed she is inherited by her brother in-laws right to object is not even accorded her but u wont question that.

3. The inhuman and degrading mourning process women are meant to undergo in some of our cultures such as shaving her head,drinking the water used in washing the dead husbands body and sleeping with the corpse is not worthy of your mention but u still wont question that.

4. Women have been turned into sexual objects in the west is a matter not worrying to you but you question the muslim lady that is with modesty.

5. We know societies and cultures were women don't have the right to inherit wealth or property but Inheritance is stipulated for women in sharia law but you wont mention it.

In islam women are so respected that it has been ordained that paradise lies at the feet of your mother be u a president or the wealthiest man.

What else can I add. When people clearly leave reasoning behind them, and choose to criticise and hate the religion of Allah, even when it is glaring that is the right path. What else can one do??

A culture that allows Women to be used as objects of advertisement and amusement by exploiting their sexuality is termed freedom; a culture that tries to restrict that is called barbaric. The true Muslim woman would always dress modestly, no one is forcing her too, but for her fear in her lord. Maryam (Mary) is a perfect example for discerning Christians to follow; remnants of her traditions are still found among the Catholic sisters. How do they dress?? Just like the Muslim woman with a Hijab. Islam truly honours women and protects them, so much that a woman is not allowed under normal circumstances to travel without a Mah'ram (Brother, Father, Husband that can protect her from danger).
Islam forbids that a woman loses her identity because of marriage, hence in Islamic countries a woman continues to bear her Father's name even after marriage.

But really many of the critics don't care about this, they just hate because it is Islam, not because they think it is bad.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures That Excite Muslims About Ramadan / Dealing With The Temptation To Show Off / Say No To Boy/girl Friend. Go Marry!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.