Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,116 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Compatibility Vs Chemistry Which Is More Important To A Successful Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Compatibility Vs Chemistry Which Is More Important To A Successful Relationship? (2451 Views)

Why Is The Size Of A Guy's Dick So Important To Ladies? / Money Or Love: Which Is More Important In A Relationship? / Is Astrological Compatibility Important In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Compatibility Vs Chemistry Which Is More Important To A Successful Relationship? by Nobody: 11:11pm On May 18, 2013
People usually say opposites attracts or as long as you love each other that is all that matters in a relationship and i agree to an extent, but without compatibility, the relationship won't last and may cause a lot of quarrels and unhappiness, especially if you are married to someone you are not compatible with.

Compatibility does not necessarily mean you're nearly twins separated at birth, it means that your traits, interests and beliefs complement your partners.

Sometimes due to being so infatuated(with looks) or in-love with our partner we ignore the warning signs in the beginning of the relationship thinking that he/she will change but after the "honeymoon phase" and we begin to face the real person, we realize that we may have bitten off more then we could chew.

Chemistry on the other hand largely relies on biology and is that intangible, unspoken connection that results in feelings of lust, sexual excitement and romance. There’s no real logic to chemistry but when you have it with someone, you just feel it. You’re so physically attracted to each other you’re convinced you’ve never/will never feel this way about anyone ever again.

Does one always win over the other in terms of being more important to the success of a relationship or is it possible to ever have both? Should we be happy to compromise on one or the other; have the chemistry and learn to love the things we don’t really like in our partner or create our own chemistry based on our shared interests and passions?

Which is the more important factor? I personally think that love and "chemistry" is not enough and if there is no compatibility between us then there is no point to the relationship.

So would you rather be with someone you have more chemistry with or someone you are more compatible with?

1 Like

Re: Compatibility Vs Chemistry Which Is More Important To A Successful Relationship? by Nobody: 11:58pm On May 18, 2013
If the relationship is short-term and purpose if for fun, go for the CHEMISTRY.

If you want to still be with them in the next 50 years, you better run after COMPATIBILITY! cool

3 Likes

Re: Compatibility Vs Chemistry Which Is More Important To A Successful Relationship? by clemz85(m): 12:58pm On May 19, 2013
marriage = compatibility all d' way

friendship = chemistry all d' way
Re: Compatibility Vs Chemistry Which Is More Important To A Successful Relationship? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:24pm On May 19, 2013
Physics na d koko
Re: Compatibility Vs Chemistry Which Is More Important To A Successful Relationship? by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 19, 2013
alutacontinua: If the relationship is short-term and purpose if for fun, go for the CHEMISTRY.

If you want to still be with them in the next 50 years, you better run after COMPATIBILITY! cool
True talk smiley
Re: Compatibility Vs Chemistry Which Is More Important To A Successful Relationship? by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 19, 2013
clemz85: marriage = compatibility all d' way

friendship = chemistry all d' way
Why do you need chemistry for friendship
Re: Compatibility Vs Chemistry Which Is More Important To A Successful Relationship? by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 19, 2013
In my own dictionary, Compatibility = Chemistry. Lol.
Re: Compatibility Vs Chemistry Which Is More Important To A Successful Relationship? by Idowuogbo(f): 4:42pm On May 19, 2013
sexkillz: In my own dictionary, Compatibility = Chemistry. Lol.
Abi undecided
Re: Compatibility Vs Chemistry Which Is More Important To A Successful Relationship? by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 19, 2013
sexkillz: In my own dictionary, Compatibility = Chemistry. Lol.
Really? please can you further elaborate because compatibility to me is a natural alignment of lifestyle choices and values between two people. A priest and a stripper have a major incompatibility and I doubt many end up dating each other. That’s compatibility. Put simply, if I value men who are intelligent and educated and I meet a high school drop-out who values women who have big boobs and like to hunt deer, then we have a fundamental incompatibility that will probably never be overcome.

Compatibility usually corresponds to the long-term potential between two people. High compatibility between people comes from SIMILARITIES in their lifestyles and values. Educated and liberal people usually date other educated and liberal people. Hedonists usually date other hedonists. Insane religious nuts usually date other insane religious nuts. For no other reason than people of opposite moral values, quite literally, repel each other.

Chemistry on the other hand does not necessarily mean compatibility. You can be very attracted to an individual and have a great connection but have nothing much to talk about or do or for example in 3yrs time you see yourself in a different place then your partner( different directions) so in the end you are not as compatible.
Re: Compatibility Vs Chemistry Which Is More Important To A Successful Relationship? by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 19, 2013
Nah. You are trying to use fanciful words and half scenarios in differentiating the two.

I can either say "we are compatible" or "we have chemistry". Na the same thing.
Re: Compatibility Vs Chemistry Which Is More Important To A Successful Relationship? by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 19, 2013
sexkillz: Nah. You are trying to use fanciful words and half scenarios in differentiating the two.

I can either say "we are compatible" or "we have chemistry". Na the same thing.

lol at fanciful words grin, it is hard to differentiate between the two but there is a difference though tongue
Re: Compatibility Vs Chemistry Which Is More Important To A Successful Relationship? by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 19, 2013
compatibility come along with chemistry to me
Re: Compatibility Vs Chemistry Which Is More Important To A Successful Relationship? by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 19, 2013
Subomi-luv:
lol at fanciful words grin, it is hard to differentiate between the two but there is a difference though tongue
Yeah. I can write an epistle on this and even leave you doubting yourself when you are done reading it.
Re: Compatibility Vs Chemistry Which Is More Important To A Successful Relationship? by tunde82seidat(f): 5:10pm On May 19, 2016
both should be balanced

(1) (Reply)

. / Actress Funke Akindele’s One Year Marriage To Kehinde Oloyede Ends / ¤it All About Sex¤ - ¤must Read¤

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.