Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. (1289 Views)

At What Stage Of A Relationship Will You Do This? (photo) / Ladies, At What Stage Of A Relationship Will You Do This? (see Photo) / Single Lady Wants Married Women To Know Why They Date Their Husbands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. by mekaboy(m): 6:58pm On May 19, 2013
I will take Nigeria for example, there use to be a ration of 10 women to one man. Even at that ratio women complain that husbands are scarce.

Now risen level of insecurity, boko have killed a lot of men in police and army, a lot of men have also been killed in armed robbery, a number of police officers are also killed by armed robbers. This further increase the ratio to 30 women to 1 man.

The problem with our judiciary,has also caused a lot of men to be put behind bars without trial for years. If you visit the prisons in nigeria and see the number of men behind bars you will be shocked. This also increased the ratio to 50 women to 1 man.

Now with the issue of homosexuality and gay marriages beeing supported, this further increased the ratio to 150 women to 1 man.

Now a lot of women are under pressure to get married, not because they want to get married but the society makes them feel inferior when they are not married at a certain age.

Some go to see all type of pastors, and are told that fast and all sorts of things. Considreing the biological clock.

Some of these women are very comfortable and can do without a man. But the question is, how long will a woman wait for a husband before considering having a child out of wedlock, and becoming a single mother.

I am sure a lot of women would have gone for this option but because of social and religious standards they keep waiting.
Re: At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. by AtheistD(m): 7:02pm On May 19, 2013
mekaboy: I will take Nigeria for example, there use to be a ration of 10 women to one man. Even at that ratio women complain that husbands are scarce.

Now risen level of insecurity, boko have killed a lot of men in police and army, a lot of men have also been killed in armed robbery, a number of police officers are also killed by armed robbers. This further increase the ratio to 30 women to 1 man.

The problem with our judiciary,has also caused a lot of men to be put behind bars without trial for years. If you visit the prisons in nigeria and see the number of men behind bars you will be shocked. This also increased the ratio to 50 women to 1 man.

Now with the issue of homosexuality and gay marriages beeing supported, this further increased the ratio to 150 women to 1 man.

Now a lot of women are under pressure to get married, not because they want to get married but the society makes them feel inferior when they are not married at a certain age.

Some go to see all type of pastors, and are told that fast and all sorts of things. Considreing the biological clock.

Some of these women are very comfortable and can do without a man. But the question is, how long will a woman wait for a husband before considering having a child out of wedlock, and becoming a single mother.

I am sure a lot of women would have gone for this option but because of social and religious standards they keep waiting.

Lol...

This has got to be a joke. Your maths is atrocious. 50 to 1? The same boko killing men are killing women too. So are armed robbers and all others ills. I dont believe there is too much change in the ratio of men to women.

Which group live longer in nigeria, men or women?
Re: At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. by mekaboy(m): 7:11pm On May 19, 2013
Atheist:-D:

Lol...

This has got to be a joke. Your maths is atrocious. 50 to 1? The same boko killing men are killing women too. So are armed robbers and all others ills. I dont believe there is too much change in the ratio of men to women.

Which group live longer in nigeria, men or women?

Women leave longer, increasing the ration. How many women have boko haram killed compared to men? Its not even up to 5%.

I did not even include political assasination and cultism . That will even increase the ration to 300 women to 1.

Just in a day in nassaraw state over 70men were killed by ombatse cult. Militants killed a number of police men is ph the other day. The state of emergency going on will kill more men.
Re: At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. by NwaTeacher1: 7:54pm On May 19, 2013
37 years
Re: At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 19, 2013
You must be a good professor mathematics when you get to your 40ths. Taking an acute look at what you have said, i Enigmaly agreed with what you have said. Maybe the Nigerian Gov't should think of adopting Chineze policy of marriage. In such a way that ladies pay to date a Man...lol!
Re: At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. by mekaboy(m): 8:24pm On May 19, 2013
Yomii: You must be a good professor mathematics when you get to your 40ths. Taking an acute look at what you have said, i Enigmaly agreed with what you have said. Maybe the Nigerian Gov't should think of adopting Chineze policy of marriage. In such a way that ladies pay to date a Man...lol!

Lol @ chineze policy. Wonders shall never end.
Re: At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. by AtheistD(m): 8:43pm On May 19, 2013
mekaboy:

Women leave longer, increasing the ration. How many women have boko haram killed compared to men? Its not even up to 5%.

I did not even include political assasination and cultism . That will even increase the ration to 300 women to 1.

Just in a day in nassaraw state over 70men were killed by ombatse cult. Militants killed a number of police men is ph the other day. The state of emergency going on will kill more men.

Hmmmm....... interesting..... grin

Women live longer than men, does anyone know the average life expectancy of men and women in Nigeria?
Re: At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. by dasparrow: 9:33pm On May 19, 2013

Hmmmm....... interesting..... grin

Women live longer than men, does anyone know the average life expectancy of men and women in Nigeria?

@Bolded

Average life expectancy rate in Nigeria is a paltry 52 years.
Re: At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. by AtheistD(m): 10:05pm On May 19, 2013
dasparrow:

@Bolded

Average life expectancy rate in Nigeria is a paltry 52 years.

For men or for women?
Re: At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. by Aisha56579(f): 7:23am On May 20, 2013
If u have mama u should ask her at what age she became single parent ! I think she is in a better position to answer ur question ! Tick ......
Re: At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. by Handsomeemmy(m): 7:31am On May 20, 2013
Op, you dey vex oooo, which type permutation and combination be this? I still believe that every woman has her own husband one way or another, good luck in love to everyone.
Re: At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. by AtheistD(m): 10:56am On May 20, 2013
Aisha56579: If u have mama u should ask her at what age she became single parent ! I think she is in a better position to answer ur question ! Tick ......

No need to get so rough. He has a point.

If a lady is 38-40 and has no lover, partner or potential husband on the scene, it looks likely she might not marry in the next 2 years, at what point should she consider having a child out of wedlock? Would such a move damage her ability to get a good husband? Bear in mind all of this is hypothetical, she could wait to 42 and then meet the man of her dreams. However, she must always look at the fertility side of things and be conscious that it is a very tough decision to make.

1 Like

Re: At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. by mekaboy(m): 11:08am On May 20, 2013

No need to get so rough. He has a point.

If a lady is 38-40 and has no lover, partner or potential husband on the scene, it looks likely she might not marry in the next 2 years, at what point should she consider having a child out of wedlock? Would such a move damage her ability to get a good husband? Bear in mind all of this is hypothetical, she could wait to 42 and then meet the man of her dreams. However, she must always look at the fertility side of things and be conscious that it is a very tough decision to make.

Bro, you don't need to reply her the question is not for shallow minds. I have seen ladies who have achieved a lot on their own in life, and feel like they have achieved nothing at a certain age jst because they are not married.

I actually pity them. Because to me , I don't think the absence of a man in their life makes them less a woman or bad pple.

1 Like

Re: At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. by AtheistD(m): 11:59am On May 20, 2013
mekaboy:

Bro, you don't need to reply her the question is not for shallow minds. I have seen ladies who have achieved a lot on their own in life, and feel like they have achieved nothing at a certain age jst because they are not married.

I actually pity them. Because to me , I don't think the absence of a man in their life makes them less a woman or bad pple.

But is a child out of wedlock a good thing or a bad thing? Should they wait or risk having a child out of wedlock.
Re: At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. by mekaboy(m): 12:14pm On May 20, 2013

But is a child out of wedlock a good thing or a bad thing? Should they wait or risk having a child out of wedlock.

My brother that decision, is like between the devil and deep blue sea. Considering our culture and religion it is a tough one. In the western world who cares. But in naija, not having a husband is one problem and having a child out of wedlock is an addition.

I think it is up to the woman to decide. Unless she finds a man who has nothing, give him money to pay her bride price, and support him financially. If he decides to stay after the marriage fine, if he chooses to divorce, fine she has gotten a child and married.

But that is also not an easy decision. As most women who have achieved a lot will find it hard to show a man who has nothing and not on the same level as their husband.
Re: At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. by AtheistD(m): 12:21pm On May 20, 2013
mekaboy:

My brother that decision, is like between the devil and deep blue sea. Considering our culture and religion it is a tough one. In the western world who cares. But in naija, not having a husband is one problem and having a child out of wedlock is an addition.

I think it is up to the woman to decide. Unless she finds a man who has nothing, give him money to pay her bride price, and support him financially. If he decides to stay after the marriage fine, if he chooses to divorce, fine she has gotten a child and married.

But that is also not an easy decision. As most women who have achieved a lot will find it hard to show a man who has nothing and not on the same level as their husband.

A tough call. Also, there is a time limit. If it gets too late shocked

So they need to start thinking about this from maybe 35. Latest is to have a kid by 38/39... married or no married.
Re: At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. by mekaboy(m): 1:20pm On May 20, 2013

A tough call. Also, there is a time limit. If it gets too late shocked

So they need to start thinking about this from maybe 35. Latest is to have a kid by 38/39... married or no married.

Very tough oo. Abraham the father of FAITH according to the bible, who GOD the Almighty told clearly that he and sarah will have a child. It got to a point Abraham and the wife decided to have a child out of wedlock first, just in case.

Now you can imagine, the lady who is waiting and has not heard from GOD direct about a husband. Sarahs case was even better she was married in the first place.

1 Like

Re: At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. by AtheistD(m): 3:47pm On May 20, 2013
mekaboy:

Very tough oo. Abraham the father of FAITH according to the bible, who GOD the Almighty told clearly that he and sarah will have a child. It got to a point Abraham and the wife decided to have a child out of wedlock first, just in case.

Now you can imagine, the lady who is waiting and has not heard from GOD direct about a husband. Sarahs case was even better she was married in the first place.

Exactly. Assume she waits, eventually meets her man and then they cant have kids because her fertility is not as good as it used to be, what then?

Would the man cheat on her or divorce her? Was it worth the wait? It is a brutally tough world for women when you look at such scenarios.

1 Like

Re: At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. by mekaboy(m): 4:20pm On May 20, 2013

Exactly. Assume she waits, eventually meets her man and then they cant have kids because her fertility is not as good as it used to be, what then?

Would the man cheat on her or divorce her? Was it worth the wait? It is a brutally tough world for women when you look at such scenarios.

Very tough one. That's y I find it funny when I read all these threads from girls with titles like 9 things women like, 5 ways to make her yours, do this and she is all yours, 7 things that turn women on, 3ways to make her love you, 5ways to please a woman. They don't understand that things have changed, there is shortage of men.

By the time they wake up from the dream world it might be late. And they will be back to post 9ways to get a husband by force.
Re: At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. by AtheistD(m): 4:23pm On May 20, 2013
mekaboy:

Very tough one. That's y I find it funny when I read all these threads from girls with titles like 9 things women like, 5 ways to make her yours, do this and she is all yours, 7 things that turn women on, 3ways to make her love you, 5ways to please a woman. They don't understand that things have changed, there is shortage of men.

By the time they wake up from the dream world it might be late. And they will be back to post 9ways to get a husband by force.

I dont think things are that bad. There are plenty of available men. Most women just dont want them tongue. They want the ready made millionaires.
Re: At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. by mekaboy(m): 4:51pm On May 20, 2013

I dont think things are that bad. There are plenty of available men. Most women just dont want them tongue. They want the ready made millionaires.

With the level of unemployment and hardship in Nigeria, only very few turn out to belong to that millionaire class.

Before the guy gets financially stable enough to settle down, his gf would have gotten older and outgrown him.

Then they guy will stary waiting for another younger generation, what then happens to the ladies that were hoping they would get married?
Re: At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. by AtheistD(m): 5:10pm On May 20, 2013
mekaboy:

With the level of unemployment and hardship in Nigeria, only very few turn out to belong to that millionaire class.

Before the guy gets financially stable enough to settle down, his gf would have gotten older and outgrown him.

Then they guy will stary waiting for another younger generation, what then happens to the ladies that were hoping they would get married?

hmmmm.... I didnt look at it from that perspective. Interesting.

She might just have to marry him with his broke azz and build themselves up together.
Re: At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. by mekaboy(m): 5:22pm On May 20, 2013

hmmmm.... I didnt look at it from that perspective. Interesting.

She might just have to marry him with his broke azz and build themselves up together.

Most times the opportunity for employment takes them in seperate locations. Maybe the girl gets a job and relocates, leaving the guy behind. Because level has changed,in the process of moving with men in her class or higher, time is going. The guy himself convinces himself that " the beautiful ones are not yet born" he then goes for the younger up coming ones.

If things don't work as planned for the lady, she can't go back to the guy she left behind while moving up the career lather. The guy himself is probably happy with a vibrant younger girl.
Re: At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. by AtheistD(m): 5:40pm On May 20, 2013
mekaboy:

Most times the opportunity for employment takes them in seperate locations. Maybe the girl gets a job and relocates, leaving the guy behind. Because level has changed,in the process of moving with men in her class or higher, time is going. The guy himself convinces himself that " the beautiful ones are not yet born" he then goes for the younger up coming ones.

If things don't work as planned for the lady, she can't go back to the guy she left behind while moving up the career lather. The guy himself is probably happy with a vibrant younger girl.

The issue arises out of her not sticking with the dude. She should have married him early and settled with kids. No, they prefer to wait until they find someone financially buoyant and that normally gets to the dangerous 28 yrs deadline. At 28, a few "failed" relationships would push any woman into the desperate mid thirties range.
Re: At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 20, 2013
widow and single parents any difference ?
Re: At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. by manibuds(m): 6:44pm On May 20, 2013
no post from a woman so far?interesting
Re: At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. by mekaboy(m): 7:03pm On May 20, 2013
manibuds: no post from a woman so far?interesting

This a scary topic, every woman's fear. This is reality, this is the truth, nobody likes it. Its bitter. Women can't face it or discuss it.
Re: At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. by mekaboy(m): 7:04pm On May 20, 2013
pc guru: widow and single parents any difference ?

No, but in this context, I mean a woman who is not married.
Re: At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. by favinvest: 8:46pm On May 20, 2013
Op

This topic its one of d greatest fear in womanhood esp. In Africa most esp. Nigeria

The rest are:-

Childless
Widow
Divorce
Rape

that's why any respond u will get from them its either an insult or a strong religious believe in God
Re: At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. by AtheistD(m): 8:50pm On May 20, 2013
I am of the opinion that it shouldnt matter. A single mum should be able to meet and get married. Hell, I wouldnt mind marrying one myself. He only requirements I have is that I have full discipline over the kid and the kids father not play an active role in the childs life. Other than that I am cool.
Re: At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. by mekaboy(m): 8:57pm On May 20, 2013
I am of the opinion that it shouldnt matter. A single mum should be able to meet and get married. Hell, I wouldnt mind marrying one myself. He only requirements I have is that I have full discipline over the kid and the kids father not play an active role in the childs life. Other than that I am cool.

If it becomes so difficult for the singles to get married, how much more the one with a child in our society.

Husbands have become so scarce these days that women are now excited at 3rd wife option.
Re: At What Stage Should A Single Lady Consider Becoming A Single Parent. by AtheistD(m): 9:00pm On May 20, 2013
mekaboy:

If it becomes so difficult for the singles to get married, how much more the one with a child in our society.

Husbands have become so scarce these days that women are now excited at 3rd wife option.

hmmmm.....

Check out this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/1296879/jobless-guys-still-date-hot

It is obvious women are part of the problem. They are too choosy, they ignore majority of men. Soon we will find older women marrying guys younger than them to ocmpensate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Locks Up Girlfriends Pants With Padlock To Prevent Her From Cheating / How Do Ladies Cope?? / Scientist Claim To Have Discovered The Formular For Lasting Love!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.