Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

The 21st Century Lagos Wife. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The 21st Century Lagos Wife. (29232 Views)

Script Writing Chat Century / New Comment On The Book "21st Century Joseph" / 21st Century Joseph(comedy,entertainment,life's Scenarios N D Story Of Joseph) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 21st Century Lagos Wife. by macjive01: 9:05pm On May 19, 2013
Make i try my hand at writing, i have been reading others especially Flow's and isilove's pieces and i would say i thoroughly enjoyed their write up, so make i drop mine, hope i will get the loves too.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Musa... open up that gaddamn gate, i am not going to stand here to listen to this man's wails."

cry me a river for all i care, if you are tired of this... this ... thing..you think is marriage, file the papers i will happily sign it.

"Adenejone", yes ma', Kunle my drive replied as i told him where i desire to be chauffeured to.

As the range rover sport, 2012, reversed onto the Speed bump by the gate, it caused the car to heave, up- i lifted my eyes from the phone on my lap and look towards our mansion, our lovely mansion, and a home its supposed to be, still standing by the entrance was what is left of my ... my .. do i have to call him my husband ?

he no-longer qualifies to bear that name, anyway, whatever, that being was still standing at the balcony, watching me driving out, watching me take a stand in my marriage-whatever is still left of it.
He is frozen, cant believe it has gotten to this.
i bet he never thought it could get to this.

... and down, the car heaved down from the gate bump and kunle masterfully reversed it into the street and zooomm....

we were off.

i checked my email; a few office emails from advertising agencies. checked my bbm, and as expected plethora of pings.
quickly i scanned through them and got to Kate's.

" please don't be late, i have the spot reversed for your car, its 16D, the pass-code is KATE."

i checked my watch and reassured myself i will be on time. i relayed the pass-code to Kunle, pressed the window lever and watched as engineering powers the glass down.

when there was enough opening to look out of the window without fear of lagos street urchins posing a threat i took my finger away from the lever and brought the gear sound to a stop.

damn.. do people hawk at this time of the night? i asked myself as i saw a few hawkers still pling their wares along the length of the road.
one could tell they were out of it. could they not simply go to bed and wake up early for tomorrow ? i continue pondering.

The cool lagoon breeze swept my face, stroking it as it pushes my hair into my face.
gradually my mind left me. to begin a journey though the labyrinth of thoughts.

"How on earth did i manage to end up with this looser of a man ?"

"but he has not always been a loser, and you know it."

"do you remember when you would sleep on the settee till he comes back from work so you can serve him his dinner ? "

"remember how you literally worshiped his every decision. your respect for him was so absolute. and yes, you know he is an intelligent loving man."

" He asked you to resign from your banking job when you thought the pressure was becoming unbearable ?"

" do you remember kenya? the first time you got into an aeroplane ? he took you on an all inclusive safari holiday.

" you remember how you looked into his eyes and called him the apple of your eyes".

"you remember how he held you tightly as you shed tears of love, and how he kissed you neck , telling you he loves you."

.. STOP THERE! you no see that sign! ? a Nigerian police officer barked as he ordered the car to a halt,
relieving Mrs Rita of her nostalgic betrayal.

1 Like

Re: The 21st Century Lagos Wife. by macjive01: 10:05pm On May 19, 2013
.."Officer please i am in a bit of hurry, please accept this. "

i quickly place a few notes of cash in his out stretched hands, and he thanked me profoundly.
.. what a shame what the country is turning these young men into.
if i hadn't given him the money what would he have done, i pondered.

kunle once again sped off, i only realized it when the breeze, the stroking and hair-in my face activities resumed.

"madam, we don dey reach the place oh" kunle respectfully told me.

this was to give me chance to freshen my make-up , wear another doze of my lovely Givenchy. However on this time, my mind was so saddened to think about looks.

If it gets worse i could easily freshen up in the toilet, more-over i am a natural beauty tongue, i consoled myself.

As we approached the well manicured rows of flowers, my mind began to beat faster. Bumping and pushing so much blood than was required to my head. i felt dizzy.
Damn! i am not going to let the thought of kelvin spoil my night!, i said to myself .
and with that i shook off the dizziness.

More rows of flowers. Beautiful sets of lawn. sprinklers sizzling, breaking the tranquil scenery.
Kunle gradually reduced his speed. few feet away stood le' meridian. le' meridian in its Majesty, the notoriety and legendary of this Colosseum of a building well transcends any beauty one can ascribe to the structure.
and here is me , here is innocent me, prepared to walk the walk, dinner and feast with Lagos! THIS IS THE LAGOS you never get to see.
A lagos that starts at 10:30 and ends by 4am, at times even 5:00 am.

"but what on earth am i doing ?" theses questions keep troubling me.

"How about if i turn around and go back home to kevin ?"

geez!! im losing it...... (My mind keep battling with itself.)

"16D " . that was kunle to the security guards.

"and what is the pass-code? "

"Its K-A-T-E "

"Thank you, you may drive in now, thank you madam , enjoy your night."

Having let us through, Kunle circled the car through the parabolic ascending drive way, keeping within the 20miles sign
displayed on the sign boards. After what felt like eternity , we came to the opening, the car park. effortlessly kunles steered the car to the spot marked 16D.

"madam, make i wait in the car ? " kunle asked .

" don't be silly, i don't even know how long i will be. but i presume this meeting will go on till 3,4."

" you know what you will do? take this money and find a place to hang out. "

" i will text you 30 mins before i am ready to leave."

" better keep your phone within network signal."

with a quaking heart, i got down from the car, straightened my Givenchy evening dress i had on, picked up my phone and my handbag.A Prada. Bade a goodbye to Kunle as i elegantly stepped away from the car and towards the reception.

"Are you sure you really want to do this ?" this question kept prompting into my consciousness, even as i stepped toward the Reception. A reception that would usher me into the luxuriously, extravagantly lavished banquet hall. where i was suppose to be introduced to MEN!
Men that make things happen.
Men that my kelvin no longer belongs to.

MEN! that would open the flood gates of connections for me.

God please forgive me, i prayed, as the revolving door steers me thru and into the reception.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 21st Century Lagos Wife. by Neduzze5(m): 7:58am On May 20, 2013
Nice work but too much spacing doesn't make the work look nice. You can make do with just the paragraphs.
Fully subscribing! Keep the updates coming!!
Re: The 21st Century Lagos Wife. by macjive01: 11:01am On May 20, 2013
Neduzze5: Nice work but too much spacing doesn't make the work look nice. You can make do with just the paragraphs.
Fully subscribing! Keep the updates coming!!

Nairaland appears poorly on many phones, so the spacing gives it a bit of clarity.
Re: The 21st Century Lagos Wife. by Hollyb(f): 7:46am On May 21, 2013
Pls come and update now
Re: The 21st Century Lagos Wife. by macjive01: 9:52am On May 21, 2013
" good evening ma', how can i help you ?

" i am here for the Mrs Adetokumbo's party" i replied.

"may i have your name please" she demanded

"sure, my name is Rita.However, i believe the invitation should be under Riata-007."

"There is it." she almost exclaimed as she found my pseudy name on the guest list.

Promptly, i was ushered into the elevator, with direction of how to locate the banquet hall, with that the receptionist sent me my way.

As i stood in the elevator, my mind began to reminiscent.

" Kelvin, you are the love of my life."

" If i wake up and there is a biblical rapture, i will rather sleep under Oshodi bridge with you, my Kelvin, than go to heaven without you."

" Ri-Ri, i will make you the envy of your friends"

" Ri-Ri, as long as i breath and walk, i will defend you, fight for you and take away your stresses from you"

" you are an angel, please can i worship you ?"

God! i had the best marriage anyone could think of, how has it gotten to this ?

I could vividly remember the day Kelvin asked me to resign from my bank Job, so i could have the time i desired to spend with our lovely kids - Drake and Rihanna.

Prior to this point, i was working for UBA bank, the job was good pay, however as with every bank position the demands were herculean.
The amount of training provided by the bank, though itself being a recommendable development, was tasking on the average Nigerian, whom doesn't have the basic foundation in computer and software skills. I struggled. I simply couldnt cope anymore. If felt like anything the tutor spoke, simply went in thru one ear and out the other.

Even when i tried to study myself i found that by the time i am half way thru a new page, i have forgotten everything i read in the previous page.
I am not a dunce, however i believed age and stress of looking after kids were beginning to take its toll on me.

Kelv, been the angel he had asked me to resign, and find something more relaxing, be my own boss and work at my own pace.
what more could a woman want? Kelv was simply the best.

Kelvin was a petroleum Engineer with NNPC, the pay was good initially, however as our kids got into secondary school, the desire to give them the best, we had chosen a private boarding school. was it expensive ? it broke our bank.
Kelvin had to resign from being a staff of NNPC to become a contractor for Total.

The pay he earned from contracting was unbelievable. Never thought such salary ever existed.
He was able to pay all the bill himself, take care of the kids and afford to take his family on holiday two times in the year.

Kelvin wanted to buy a house but the desire to maintain our family's lifestyle was more important to him, he toiled hard and gave us everything, we had little saving.

However, after xmas of one of the years, things began to change.

I could remember Kelvin waking me up one early morning to discuss our future.
He had said: " look angel, you need to help me. now that our kids are in a boarding school, you are a very intelligent woman, you could find something that we could invest money into . you need to be busy, help bring money into the house. "

i could remember tears flooding my eyes as i looked into his eyes and wondered what was going-on on his mind.

"Kelv, is everything ok ?" i had managed to ask.

"sure babe, its just that this contracting is never steady, i would want us to have our own home, have more stability."

" is your job shaking ? "

" No not at this time, but you never can tell when" kel had replied.

Anyway, i finally told Kelv about a business idea my friend Laura had discussed with me sometime ago.

"Kelv, i want to go into advertising."

Kelv had looked up and repeated; " ADVERTISING ? "

"yes advertising i continued. its fairly simple, all that is needed is to connect product manufacturers to advertising spaces."

"I have friends in two of the leading outdoor billboard companies, all i have to do is to walk up to these corporate organisation that need spaces to advertise, be kind of a middle man linking the two."

"The business is very lucrative, all it requires is ability to convince companies to use your service." i had meticulously explained to Kelv.

But would that not mean you kissing the back-side of these corporates to win their contract ? kelv had asked.
NO no no i defended, i have friends, you remember Kate ?

yeah. kelv replied.

Kate is a big shot now, she dines and wines with these corporates.
All she had to do is simple to put in a word or two on my behalf.

Kelv wasn't convinced but he tried not to show it.

"so what do you need to get this off the ground?" kelv had asked

1 Like

Re: The 21st Century Lagos Wife. by konklushun(f): 10:26am On May 21, 2013
hmmm seems to me av got lessons to learn frm dis story. Kip it up maclive
Re: The 21st Century Lagos Wife. by macjive01: 10:57am On May 21, 2013
As fate had it few weeks into my New business a new management of Total was constituted, they decided to cut down on the number of contracting staff they were paying, and eventually Kelv was affected with the new directive. Most the contracts were simply not renewed.

That was how easily Kelv lost his job. And being a contract job, no compensation was paid, absolutely nothing.
Kelv was broke with a few months.
i now have more money.
i now paid the bills.
i now fueled our both cars.
i now.. . i am now..
...and that was how i became the head of our house-hold.

My business, thanks to Kate and her connections, started off on an excellent footing.
within the first three months , i have handled over 100 million worth of contracts. Net gross.
with profits in the high single digit millions.

Things were back. my kids didnt feel the effect of their dad losing his job.
i made sure on my part that there was adequate money in the joint account i shared with my husband.
However, my husband wasn't himself, he tried to be happy and keep himself busy, but damn, he was finding it difficult to live with the new realm of things. The wife begin the man of the house, the bread winner, and the man... the new HOUSE- wife HUSBAND.

Kelv, is an angel, we never had a house help, just the gate-man.
and kunle, Kunle is a recent employee whom i took on to serve as my chauffeur as all my friends had one, and also i suddenly began to find Lagos traffic irritating, and driving oneself in-dignifying.

so kelv, had busied himself with the chores of the household; washing dishes, cleaning, hovering, dusting and tidying the house. what a fastidious man Kelv is. Everything had to be prim and proper.
he would wash the dishes and towel dry them soon after and neatly put them away.
i have never gotten around to the towel drying kitchen utensils after washing them.

Kelv also cooked dinner, and would serve me whenever i come back.
you see Kelvin is an epitome of a gentle man. In fact these are not new, even when he had his job, weekends and when he is on leave he would take away every chore from me. I mean Every.
He is so sweet. so romantic. He would carry me upstairs and sponge my body.
He would fill up the bath, add the most aphoristic smelling bath gel and have me lie on his chest as we take a soothing bath.

However, this time around as he does these chores, i wasn't seeing it as sweet and loving.
everyday, week-in week out, i began to expect it of him.
i began to want even more.
began to request even more.

Kelv always massages my feet on sunday nights, as we lie on the settee watching a movie.
i always find that very relaxing, soothing. and it makes me drift away to a sound sleep.
i now was cajoling him into giving me this special Sunday treat every other day.
everyday.
i began to request it.
i was beginning to see it as his appreciation of my ... my .. making the money.

if not for me, he might have found himself under a bridge, oh God why am i having such revolting thought about my man.

With the nature of advertising, i was required to meet people, dine and wine with clients and attend their parties.
i am not a young teen with whom i expect most of my older clients would desire, however, i am extremely sexy. i know that. i have always been. In fact more so after my kids, as i found my non existing ass began to protrude and round.

my breasts is a D. Still perky and firm.
my tummy is flat, though a bit loose but generally flat.
Kelv always showered me with praises of how i could easily give a pope a hard-on.
and i do get my fair share of cat-calls and whistle when i walk down the road.
i do get asked-out a lot too, by men.
but never have i taken any these serious, not even for a moment, in my marriage with Kelv.

However with this new position, Advertising, i found myself associating with people, with MEN.
MEN i was beginning to consider were above Kelv.
May be these are the real Men and Kelv is not one anymore.

These MEN had aura about them, they talked with authority. Joked with even more authority.
you find yourself compelled to laugh to their jokes, funny not not.
These men, are very brash, not gentle at all. yet they were very attractive. not necessarily with their looks, just something about these men that is very enchanting.

Enchanting not in an intimate way but nevertheless ENCHANTING.
Re: The 21st Century Lagos Wife. by ameenahz(f): 11:34am On May 21, 2013
Captivating story. Good job. But u need to improve on punctuation and paragraphing. It will make it easier and more interesting to read.
Re: The 21st Century Lagos Wife. by macjive01: 12:32pm On May 21, 2013
TING!! that's the elevator stopping.

The doors open and there was this exquisitely decorated walk-way.
lined on its walls were arts, i am not an artiste but one could tell they felts antique-ish, important, and expensive.
Half way down the corridor stood this ceiling-to-floor length mirror. with the yellow light emanating from the filaments of the halogen bulb above it cast perfect illumination, no shadow, on the mirror.

I stood in-front of the mirror admiring myself.
I look around and no one was within sight, i adjusted my bra, straightened my dress, smacking my lips to freshen the gloss.
Starring right back at me, stood myself, not just myself, but my new self.
This is the new Rita.

God, i am wearing a Givenchy!, and my husband has no job.
I am at le meridian at 11:00 Pm, while my husband is crying his eyes out at home.
... the sight of my cleavage interrupted my thoughts..

Rita, see how well you have turned out be be.
you are going to be the highlight of tonight. cos you are RAVISHING.
All the men in there are going to want a piece of you. Hahahahahaha. i chuckled.

I was still admiring myself when i was startled by a deep baritone of a voice.

" Don't bother lady you are beautiful"

I turned around, and there was the owner of the voice, A tall young man, i would say in his early 30s.
He had a suit on, but you could tell he is very fit, as the suit took to his outlines.
His lips were red, he must have a gloss on, i thought to myself.
Yeah, they are red but looks so natural.

I was still staring at him, till he came up to where i stood and repeated himself.

" what a beautiful woman you are. is that Givenchy ?" he asked

" mmm.. No its Prada. oh yes , Oh yes its Givenchy, thought you meant my hand bag, i stuttered.

God, this man was making me uncomfortable, what does he want.
He peered down into my Naked eyes, and asked; "are you by yourself tonight ?"

i was lost, i simply starred hard at him. I simply didnt know where to start. i couldn't figured where he was heading with the question to find a rational answer to it.

"ee.... Yes. Actually No, i am with someone" i stopped it at that.

He was mute for a minute, just starring at me. making me fidget.
For christ sake he is a little boy, i am his aunty. why should i let myself be intimidated by such a young man.
I managed to look up and met his eyes.
I locked on them, with a smile trying not betray any emotion.

I said to him; " thanks for the compliment but i have to go now".

He wanted to say something, but i turn and walked back towards the elevator.
i could feel his eyes tearing into my derriere.

my heart was racing, not in the manner when we meet someone we desire, but in a nervous state when we are about to betray a friend.
I was thinking of Kelv.
I tried not to walk provocatively.
I walk to the elevator pressed the button to call for it and turned around towards where i left the young man behind, towards the corridor leading to the banquet party.
sure as hell that Man, man? he is a boy joor, he is going to the party as well.

As i turned, i realized he must have moved on so i retraced my steps to the corridor with the mirror, this time i didn't even look at it as i was past.
I quickened my steps to get to the hall and into the comforting company of my Kate.

Just as i was getting to the door a ping came into my phone. it was from Kate

"Ri-Ri, tonight is going to be fun! please hurry up i have got someone for you".
Re: The 21st Century Lagos Wife. by Mynd44: 2:22pm On May 21, 2013
Keep it coming

1 Like

Re: The 21st Century Lagos Wife. by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 21, 2013
wow, a classy, sophisticated story line.......with just the right touch of reality. expecting more.
Re: The 21st Century Lagos Wife. by wizb: 4:22pm On May 21, 2013
Good job!
Re: The 21st Century Lagos Wife. by macjive01: 2:57am On May 22, 2013
the moment i walked into the banquet hall, i felt a gush of hot air hit me on the face
Damn, the place was filled.
The arrangement was such that there was a table for six chairs. I guess meant for three couples.

As i scanned the room, i noticed that there was actually a podium and on it stood someone, a man, saying something, reading off a sheet of paper he held in his left hand.
I was too bothered to listen.
It felt like every eyes were on me.
I simply stood there not knowing what direction i should tee-off to,
or should i not stand here wait to be seated ?

I was still deliberating my next course of action when a firm masculine hand gripped my shoulder
and asked ; " would you mind joining me on my table, we have got vacant seat ? "

That voice! i remembered it immediate.
same voice that had commended on my beauty in the hallway by the big mirror.
what is he doing tracking me.
God i am uncomfortable enough as it is, i don't want anybody to complicate it further.

where the hell is Kate when you need her the most, i pondered.

He released his grip on my shoulder and stretched out his hand for me.

do i have to take his hand?

"this young man is way too young for me, what will people say? "

I reluctantly took his hand and he led the way to his table.

As we got to his table, exasperation written all over my body, wondering what his friends would say.
"why this matured woman?"
my young man friend, being a proper gentleman held my seat for me, as i took a look around before i sat,
i notice a hand waving in my direction. could that be Kate?..
yeah , it Kate.
she is making a hand gesture asking me to come over to her table.
"Good,I got to go", i say under my breath.

i looked up to my hulk of a man, what a gentleman he is, he was still holding the seat behind me.

" Sorry young man but i have got to go now."

" I have found my friends i came with, i must go to be with them"

my young man-friend was disappointed , but he hid it behind a grin. How sweet was that ?.

As i shuffle my way out of the table, i came very close his body, immediately my mind began to race.

I felt tingle of excitement. Excitement of being appreciated. Excitement of being desired.
same time, i felt i was being raped by this man.

I then noticed he had taken off his suit, and my earlier presumption was so right.
He looked like a professional sports man.
His looks were so detailed. The edges of his low hair cut were so pronounced it felt like a razor blade was used to do the cutting.

And i smelt a Chanel, he must be wearing a Bleu.
I know that cos that's same perfume i bought for Kelv on his birthday last year.
The masculinity of the fragrance drives me mad.
Nothing i like better than Kelv wearing it to bed.
Nothing i like better than lying on his chest, immersing myself in the fragrance of this beautiful perfume.

" will you promise to have a dance with me sometime tonight ? " came that voice again.

" are you sure you would want to dance with me ? i am terribly bad " i tried to dissuade him.

"it alright i promise to hold your hands" he retorted.

there was no chance of winning this man on this, and we were drawing so much undesired attention already, at least for me, as we stood yapping.

I had to give in. " Sure, find me later and i will dance with you".

the moment the words left my mouth i hated saying it.

"what have i just agreed to ?"

"do you really want to meet this man again? tonight? ", i troubled myself.

I made my way to Kate's, trying not to notice all the gawking and ogling i was getting.

" Is my ass really round and big ? "
Re: The 21st Century Lagos Wife. by rofemiguwa(f): 8:25am On May 22, 2013
I love ur story.I love the first name even better.21st century wife.catches the eye more.keep up the gud work and please don't starve us of update like moost writers here do angry wink.exxpecting more
Re: The 21st Century Lagos Wife. by macjive01: 8:37am On May 22, 2013
rofemiguwa: I love ur story.I love the first name even better.21st century wife.catches the eye more.keep up the gud work and please don't starve us of update like moost writers here do angry wink.exxpecting more
lol, i have changed it back for you.
Re: The 21st Century Lagos Wife. by rofemiguwa(f): 11:10am On May 22, 2013
;DThank u
uote author=macjive01]
lol, i have changed it back for you. [/quote]
Re: The 21st Century Lagos Wife. by macjive01: 12:54pm On May 22, 2013
I fell into Kate's arms in a big embrace with so much relief and contentment.
I held her so tight wondering what an impediment i have just overcome.

" na so person dey gooooo!" my mind kept revolting.

"See the amount of energy, squeezed into one arm."

"this boy should better stay well clear of me, i am not his mate "

" i see you are already making friends ? Ri-Ri baby !! Kate hailed.

i was so angry and shaken to even accommodate her jokes, i kept a straight face on.

"so whose party is this, and, who and who is here joor?" that's me straight to business trying hard to stop tormenting my mind with the thoughts of that boy.

Kate was sitting with two other women and a male friend.

This male friend had conspicuously similar looks and body as the young man that was distressing me earlier.
Kate introduced him as Femi.
He stood up, stretched his hands for me, when i met him with mine, he shook my hand very warmly, then planted a kiss on it.

"okay ! tonight is the night" i convinced myself.

Kate's other two female friends were Mrs Helen and Alhaja Tolu.
i have met them before, so there wasn't any need for long introduction, we simply gave one another little hugs.

Alhaja is a big time MADAM. she is heavily loaded. Her late husband was the owner of lots of businesses;
chains of retail outlets, eateries, real estates, land properties, haulage , what ever you can think for.
As Muslims, alhaja had to share her husband with three other wives. She was the last-wife and actually went to the University.

Alhaja's case is very peculiar, in fact she was a christian before she was married off to her late husband.
she was a very beautiful university student , unilag too!, before Alhaji crossed her path.

As most Nigerian relationship with young women, it started off as Aristo- levels. Alhaja whose name was originally chinwe, was studying Economic at the university.

One day a colleague, not necessarily a friend, invited her to assist in organising a birthday party for her dad.
Chinwe, being of pretty face, was to usher in the guest and to serve as well. however, chinwe being a good cook also prepared the salad. The salad was truly unique, as Kate stressed when telling me this story, as it was garnished with sliced boiled egg and sweetcorn. Chinwe's dad was once a junior chef at presidential palace hotel.

Anyway, after the party most of the celebrants including the late alhaji demanded to meet who made the salad.
and that was it. First contact was initiated. names exchanged. and winks sent.

Chinwe, as i was told, dealt with Alhaji, the moment she found out he was loaded, she went extreme.

Alhaji worshiped her, being a university student back in those days, it was a novelty to date one.
Alhaji spend without season on Chinwe.
He bought her a house in Victoria island.
A Mercedes, in fact chinwe was the only person who rode a Mercedes at that time in the university. lecturer inclusive.

Chinwe wanted it all. she wasn't content with being given bit by bit, she went for the viper's head.

The moment Chinwe hinted that she was converting to a Muslim that was the same moment Alhaji was proposing.
Their honeymoon was at Bahamas.

Cut a long story short, the other wives became jealous of the attention Alhaji was pouring on Chinwe, they went diabolic.
Chinwe, never to be found wanting, joined then head-on.
it became a case of babalawo vs babalawo. at the end over-concoction killed Alhaji. He died of food poisoning.

While the older wife, being naive, were only content with hassling over the visible landed properties Chinwe cornered all Alhaji's shares and treasury bills.
In fact she had the Will worked on, either with Alhaji's cognition before his death or with the solicitor's connivance.
Alhaji's investments, companies foreign owned estates vanished from the will that was read out.

To round it up, Alhaja is loaded. she is da BOSS!
Re: The 21st Century Lagos Wife. by macjive01: 2:48pm On May 22, 2013
Helen is loaded too.

She is the senior Mistress to a serving Senator. she was once married but the senator convinced her to leave her man for him.
She followed where the beat was loudest, and left the man with a set of five years old twins. Boys.

"and these are the shaker and pushers of the society ?"

Kate too, hers is similar. She was a mistress then pushed out the man's woman and became the wife.
when she had gotten into the role of wife she found out that the restriction and demands her husband expected of her were suffocating, as she likes to put it, and doesn't suit the life she desired, she took action.

I don't know if i could attribute it to her or natural occurrence, however her husband is now bed-ridden. Full body stroke. Not partial.
Everything has been transfer to her name. case closed. will cant be changed now, even if the man desires cause the court has ruled him incapacitated. He can no-longer take a decision for himself. his wife - Kate now owns him.

" my dear, Kate continued, mrs Adetokumbo is celebrating her birthday ooh. everybody is here."

" even chief is here"

"which Chief, please?" i threw back at her.

" ah ah, are there now lots of chiefs after you ?" Kate joked.

Chief is a politician, who has taken fancy after me. he buys me gifts and presents, likes to take me out for dinners, but nothing else. He hasn't even made a move to kiss me.
i believe he simply like my presence, my engagement, my lively character and how i make him laugh.
Chief is married, and i am married as well, not that it matters nowadays though.

I look up from my phone i caught the eyes of Kate's Femi piercing through my cleavage, what a perv he is , i thought.
Funny enough, when i looked him in the eye, with the " i caught-you-red-handed-look " thinking he would show a sense of remorse, he simply smiled, got his tongue out and licked the full 360 deg length of his lips.

I looked away.

We all got into the latest gist in town. This . That. This, That.
as we talked i could sense Femi's eyes all over me.
Femi has a nice body but his facial look are thuggish, with well defined jawline, and eyelids that looks like he lined them with a make-up.
i don't find him appealing. Not appealing unlike .. my .. the young man i met earlier.

just that moment, i thought of Kelv.
what could he be doing at home at this moment?
having his supper? reading newspapers? on the internet searching for a job ?
or maybe he could be out being intimate with those sluts that hang-out at bars.

the thoughts of Kelv sleeping with another woman immediately filled me with rage.
"how dare he ?"

"so this is what he does ? "

"when i leave the house to go make money, he simply turns around and spend my hard earned cash he has access to via our joint account on prostitutes ? "

damn! i have been so blind, i have been so soft. I need to put a stop to this.
Re: The 21st Century Lagos Wife. by Neduzze5(m): 2:54pm On May 22, 2013
macjive01: damn! i have been so bind, i have been so soft. I need to put a stop to this.

I believe you meant to say blind? keep it up. still following
Re: The 21st Century Lagos Wife. by rofemiguwa(f): 3:35pm On May 22, 2013
Remember u promised not to keep us waiting.abeg more more more.ur soo on point
Re: The 21st Century Lagos Wife. by yampoo(m): 3:56pm On May 22, 2013
Nice story,Am impressed. Pls more update. Thanks
Re: The 21st Century Lagos Wife. by Harrisibor(m): 5:08pm On May 22, 2013
Pls more update ooooooooooooo I can't wait
Re: The 21st Century Lagos Wife. by macjive01: 6:05pm On May 22, 2013
Harrisibor: Pls more update ooooooooooooo I can't wait
Lol, no wayo, I go try push two updates tonight .
Re: The 21st Century Lagos Wife. by macjive01: 3:23pm On May 23, 2013
"Kelvin, Rita's husband, is a soft -spoken man. He studied at one of the good old educational institute built by Britain, where students were taught proper etiquette and mannerism.

Kelvin has growth up to act and compose himself in the ways of the traditional English gentleman.
He a humanist; who believes love and personalities have to be nurtured and guided to grow to what you desire it be be.

Kelv is a genuine family man.
He provided for his family. Made sure they never lacked anything. His family were among the first to have any new gadget in trend; nitendo gameboy, PS2 the 3, Blackberry phone, Iphone, Samsung, everything.

He endeavors to travel places with his family.
Every July Break, during the nasty raining season, they family would also travel out.
They have been to Kenya, Botswana, Gambia, South-Africa, Egypt and cape-Verde.

Kelv has never pride himself as a rich man, though he once was, relative to the general population.
He sees his wealth as this family. The strong Family cohesion, the trust and love they have all built together.

On the intimacy role, Kelvin is a very romantic man. He dines and wines his wife like they were still in courtship.
He is of a decent " package" and he pleases her tremendously, with lots passion, fore-play and after play.
His wife has never had it any better.

He is a man most women would desire, however Rita doesn't see thing that way. Anymore.
Rita is beginning to have the notion that Kelv is turning into a leech on her new found life.
His soft-spoken-ness is beginning to irritate Ri-Ri. She shouts at him, wanting him to get angry and shout back, or hit her, but he calmly speak back.

He cleans and tidies the house thoroughly, yet rita comes home to find faults.

" what is the meaning of this ? " rita would say, on one of her spell-doomed days.

" what are you talking about? "kelvin would calmly reply.

" you left the lights on in the bedroom and you are here , downstairs in the sitting room , watching the news."

" no wonder our electricity bill is so high." rita would bark.

Kelvin would smile and remind her they pay a flat rate irrespective if they leave the lights on or not. Moreover, he was upstairs not long ago, only came down to watch the news and is planning to go back upstairs to finish a job application he is working on.

"Everyday job application." Rita would switch the argument.

"your mates are out there making REAL....money and you are here, still applying for jobs."

she would end the argument with a long sigh that could break a glass.

Rita would always apologies for the outburst the moment she gets herself, and blame it on the traffic. lagos traffic is driving me mad.
Blame it on her work. On her friends. The demand of the society. But never on herself.

After the first few such outburst, Kelvin has decided not to join issues with her and simply let her vent her angry and will promptly accept her apologies without any condition or reservation.

Though, these outburst brings tears to his eyes, he shrugs his shoulders and blame himself for being the cause, failing in his responsibility to provide for his wife.
Failing to be the man for his wife.
A failure....,- he see his wife working as a failure on himself.
especially when his wife has to attend her increasingly nightly events, events she had argue was to network.
Network with other men. Men with Jobs, Money and standing in the society. Non of These, he currently has.

Kelvin has resorted to praying and putting more effort to finding a new job and also, doubled-up on his commitment to the house.
He now does thing around the house, not just to get it right, but to please Ri-Ri.
Re: The 21st Century Lagos Wife. by macjive01: 3:40pm On May 23, 2013
sorry guy's if you noticed the story changed after you have read it, i dont prof-read before posting, so when i finally have the time to read the story, i might have to change some phrases and sentences to sound right.
Re: The 21st Century Lagos Wife. by macjive01: 9:02am On May 24, 2013
Update coming today.
Re: The 21st Century Lagos Wife. by cl9700: 11:18am On May 24, 2013
You're good. Nice story line.
Re: The 21st Century Lagos Wife. by macjive01: 1:49pm On May 24, 2013
cl9700: You're good. Nice story line.
Thanks
Re: The 21st Century Lagos Wife. by Highbe(m): 10:23pm On May 24, 2013
@macjive, abeg come upload...it is vry interesting.keep it coming.
Re: The 21st Century Lagos Wife. by IZUKWU(m): 10:53pm On May 24, 2013
Your story sweet like egusi soup

1 Like

Re: The 21st Century Lagos Wife. by macjive01: 11:46am On May 25, 2013
Soon it was dance time, at this time everybody had eaten to their satisfaction. The buffer was continental, from Senegalese smoked fish to East African Cus-cus, Mediterranean and Caribbean. Every imaginable food was available, all that was demanded was to pick up a plate and join the orderly procession round the food tables. Basically eat as much as you can.

The heavy beats of Afro -juju music genre filled the hall, soon the MC was on it again; making jokes, showering accolades and generally trying to stir the crowd to dance.

First to grace the dance hall was the celebrant, Mrs Tokumbo, and her Husband. 4th Husband precisely. A man definitely young enough to call her mummy. However, Rita confirm that he truly loved her, married her, not for her money, as he is equally endowed, just as rich as Mrs Tokumbo before they got together.

She shuffled and wound her waist rhythmically to the beats. Every now and again raising her hands up in a soundless clap.

she is sure a dance. Age is definitely what a person defines it to be.
For Mrs Tokumbo, her 70 is the pinnacle of youth.

Soon the dance floor was filled, every guest was at it; dancing, throwing money about, laughing and merrymaking.

Nothing fails to crack the rib as seeing a full stomached old man, energetically trying to dance like a Jackson.
there were many of them tonight on that mission. Trying emphatically to please the young girls milling around the place.

I danced too. i had to hold on to my Givenchy with one hand while i pathetically rocked my waist.
My mind still hasn't stopped imagining Kelv with other women.

" Is that why he hasn't been up for sex lately ?" i keep tormenting my mind.

As i took notice of my friends, i realized everyone of them was now with a partner. All younger men.
These men were all slick and smooth. well dressed and exuded a confidence you don't expect from the average Nigerian mingling with an older woman.

It must be the money they are after. Gold-digging these hapless rich older women.

After watching them for a wee while, while dancing with some man who had rhymitically danced his way into my front, and urging me to dance with him, i excused myself from my dance partner and headed towards the Ladies.

I got to the toilet, did my thing, washed my hands, got them dried under the air-drier, and applied a thin layer of Nivea moisturizer i found among the mini-cosmetics table beside the sink. This hotel is well prepared for her guests.

I had walked to the observation deck to get some fresh air and clear my head. While i was in the toilet i had decided to give Kelv a phone call.
I had planned to call his phone with my number hidden and not reveal myself while i listen keenly to his background noise to figure out if he is truly at home as he would claim.

As i stepped onto the observation deck, the beautiful scenery of Victoria island, the street-lights casting an orange glow to the streets below, the bar beach's wave striking against Julius Beggers's beach barriers erupting in splatters of white foamy bubbles.

At the far right end of the observation deck, i could make out the silhouette of a seemly love birds hungrily eating each other up. the woman partner was all in a rage pulling and togging on her man's neck, wishing she was taller to meet his lips more forcefully.

Soon the man responded to the woman's action, and held her close to him, i saw it clearly, his hands, both, went to her derriere and without hesitation, he squeezed the softness out of it. The derriere must have been very soft, cos as he held on it the softness overflowed out of his grasp. He then held on to it more firmly and seemed to lifted her up on it.

she was clearly lost, her two legs were soon wrapped around his waist, as she continued to maul at his lips.

what a sight!

The more i watched, the more my desire to see more grew, i was getting excited, i was straining my eyes to make out clearly what they were doing.

I contemplated moving closer. I did. I inched my way closer. Closer. And closer.
Soon, i was a few feet away from them. Still leaning on the railing on the observation deck on the 15th floor of Le Meridian, i was still immersing myself in the scenery of Lagos night, though i was beginning to cast more glances to the action-couple than the beach scene.

" Could they not get a room ?"

" Could they do it right here? at this very minute?"

Battling with the urge to walk away from the scene, i took a stand, with the dozens of gulps of wine in my system, i decided i was going to stay out here and watch it till the end. I am not going anywhere.

After a while of fighting the temptation of leering and snooping at this couple, i gave in. i turned fully, with a hand on the railing, i stood firm and gazed unashamedly at their actions.

The woman seemed of thin frame while her partner was of big frame.
The man had at this time positioned her against the wall while she still hung by his neck and her legs around his waist, and was humping and grinding into her with a crunching noise.
Muffled moans escaped slightly from the woman mouth, while her loose feet twitch uncontrollably.

With every hump the male ground onto the female, her feet twitched, his broad shoulders heaved, and i felt a sensational tingly spasm deep within my Givenchy clothed dignity.

I must have lost all obliviousness to what was happening around me apart from this couple's action that i didn't notice when someone had crept up on me.
The person stood right behind me. His breath stroking the little hairs on my nape, yet i didn't realize it.

I felt the sensation of warmer air against my skin, but the heat my body was exuding in response to the intimate actions i had immerse myself in overwhelmed the littler sensation at my nape.

The sensation from nervousness of been caught watching such a scene, a matured married woman keenly watching such a scene, overwhelmed the littler sensation i felt from the presence of the stranger.

Gently, i felt a pair of hands wound around my waist, pulling me backwards. I felt like i was falling, dreaming, my sight a little hazy and my brain all froze.
I felt a need to turn around, but was weak, couldn't turn, my eyes were closing, my mind, in a dreamy slow-motion.
It must have felt like eternally, till i hit against the hard body a human.

yes it must be a human. And i think a Man !

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Alpha Squad. / Noel's Eve: Christmas Love Story. / Nigerians React To Nnedi Okorafor's Dreadlocks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.