Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

2 Killed At OOU Student Protest - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest (20145 Views)

Uniben Student Protest For Speed Breaker And Flyover After Student Death / Kwara Poly Student Protest Over Killing Of Colleague / "mapouka 101 At Oou" Abeg My Fellow Nairanlanders, True Or False (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by Tundecool(m): 5:49pm On May 21, 2013
koonbey: Firstly,I think the OP is glossing over the Students' actions;I have heard this News from other sources and they all described it as a Riot,I wonder where the OP came about his "peaceful Demonstration",when have Students' Demonstrations ever been Peaceful? I'm sure the VC would not have called in the Paramilitary if the Demonstration had been Peaceful. But,that notwithstanding,I think it is very Wrong for there to have been live Fire into the Protesters(rioters),I think Tear Gas would have been effective enough.
Look ur source(s) are wrong. I'm an oouite, we'v had3 protests dis session & dey'v all been peaceful.
Even the Area Commander Of Ijebu Ode & The Dpo commended us. The Vc invited the QRS & with the kinda krase dey have in dem...they started shooting.
PEACEFUL PROTEST.
Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by centpado(m): 9:41pm On May 21, 2013
Nigeria is a lawless nation,during UNN NSUKKA riot, January 2010 about hike in school fees,i personally was shot in Alvan ikoku hostel,during the riot the soldiers came to the hostel were students stayed, initially they were shooting in the air,then the students had come out from their rooms and where on the corridor,but one of them shot at the students, and all of a sudden i felt a heavy force that pushed me into the room,i got up BLOOD was already everywhere,my nose was torn partially and i found out that around my shoulder i could see a hole in which i could see the inside of my body,i was rushed to a hospital in town,St Micheal hospital ibagwa,were the doctor just told the nurses to sew the nose and the hole around my shoulder,my sister came to pick me from nsukka to Lagos.I came back home went straight to Havana hospital in Lagos,x-ray was conducted on me it was found out that a bullet was lodge around my shoulder and a part of the bullet was in my nose,the doctor told me let me don't bother over it that my body system would fight against it as foreign body,that him too was shot as an underG in uniben by cultist and he is still alive,that a time would come the bullet would find its way to the epidermis of the skin which would aid easy removal,so that has been my fate since then,last year during my project defense,when i was in my room i was about sneezing something came out through my mouth(a black substance) i showed my parents,this year January,i went for x-ray,and the x-ray revealed that the bullet in my nose wasn't there any more but the one around my shoulder is still there,am alive today its by God grace.Gratias
Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by Nobody: 9:31am On May 22, 2013
centpado: Nigeria is a lawless nation,during UNN NSUKKA riot, January 2010 about hike in school fees,i personally was shot in Alvan ikoku hostel,during the riot the soldiers came to the hostel were students stayed, initially they were shooting in the air,then the students had come out from their rooms and where on the corridor,but one of them shot at the students, and all of a sudden i felt a heavy force that pushed me into the room,i got up BLOOD was already everywhere,my nose was torn partially and i found out that around my shoulder i could see a hole in which i could see the inside of my body,i was rushed to a hospital in town,St Micheal hospital ibagwa,were the doctor just told the nurses to sew the nose and the hole around my shoulder,my sister came to pick me from nsukka to Lagos.I came back home went straight to Havana hospital in Lagos,x-ray was conducted on me it was found out that a bullet was lodge around my shoulder and a part of the bullet was in my nose,the doctor told me let me don't bother over it that my body system would fight against it as foreign body,that him too was shot as an underG in uniben by cultist and he is still alive,that a time would come the bullet would find its way to the epidermis of the skin which would aid easy removal,so that has been my fate since then,last year during my project defense,when i was in my room i was about sneezing something came out through my mouth(a black substance) i showed my parents,this year January,i went for x-ray,and the x-ray revealed that the bullet in my nose wasn't there any more but the one around my shoulder is still there,am alive today its by God grace.Gratias
thank God for your life

1 Like

Re: 2 Killed At OOU Student Protest by paparazzi1987(m): 10:15am On May 22, 2013
onatisi:
yes i do agree with u totally.this situation is peculiar to nigeria that is why ppl must do things with caution,this is africa if anything happens the most they will say is accidental discharge .
The Accidental Discharge always sounds funny to me grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Another Male Student In Tears As His Girlfriend Dumps Her (Video) / List Of State Universities In Nigeria / The Dangers Of A Certificate-conscious Education System!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.