Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

New Frsc Driver's License - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / New Frsc Driver's License (22854 Views)

New FRSC Rule On Drivers License / FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence / New Plate Number And Driver's License (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Frsc Driver's License by cytellProperty: 11:14pm On May 21, 2013
Old boy with this your English nobody would issue you with a driver's license o. Try and moderate your English well, so that you would not be denied a license.
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by akinnux(m): 3:43am On May 22, 2013
I dread the day I would start mine. I wonder the level incompetence in some of this government agency. Instead of subjecting hapless citizens to another rigours of data capturing, why not use the data captured for the national ID card or better still the one captured by INEC. How many database are we going to create in this country. Why are the govt agency not reasoning with their head? With the way things are going we can not rule out massive racketeering and fake driver's licencse, thereby going back to square one.
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by cjayy(m): 5:44am On May 22, 2013
It's terrible, time for me to take photograph and for a month now they keep telling me no materials, pls come next week. If the country is not ready for this, why try to implement it! I tire!
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by kunlekunle: 6:13am On May 22, 2013
sunnypiano: can the officers in road safety pass the exam also.we make life
difficult in this country for ourself.yet that will not solve the problem.

in America, uk, germany and the rest of the world you sit for test, whats your problem?
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by johnteddy(m): 6:15am On May 22, 2013
Na wah oooo
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by GabrielOyedele: 7:33am On May 22, 2013
The major truth is that anything that has to do with geniuness is tough, renewal of the lincence will not be stressful i hope.
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by psalmizt(m): 8:25am On May 22, 2013
nikkyshyne: I registered in february or so and made all necessary payments. Did the eye test and answered some cheap questions. I got my form which I could use temporarily but was told to come back in september for the capture

Obalende branch by the way.

kindly ignore that and go straight for the capture... Since you have already done the other steps
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by psalmizt(m): 8:28am On May 22, 2013
azeezbaba: I did mine today @ Mabushi, Abuja

The process started 1 week ago when I paid 10K and submitted a photocopy of my old licence. I recieved a call today that I should come for Biometrics data capture which I did and I was given my temporary licence which will expire in 3 months. I was told the Original licence would have been printed before then. I guess my money worked for me

I think Nigerians are usually the ones that encourage people in Authority to break the rules. The cost of the new DL is 6,350... Anything more is either blind cheating or u are on your way to getting a fake license. I suggest we start dropping names of FRSC officials that collect more than the stipulated amount. I tell u the truth, they will be dealt with time.... Let it be seen that we have helped govt with info.

1 Like

Re: New Frsc Driver's License by psalmizt(m): 8:30am On May 22, 2013
spicytayomic: I did the capturing today after spending close to 7 hours waiting.i thank God it is ova ooooo.Those waiting for the FRSC message for the capturing go wait tire, as i was suppose to have done mine on 5th April but was told to go home and wait for a text message.i just decided to check them out today and i was so lucky to have it done.
No be small thing oooooooooo

This is what I expect all those waiting to do... See things for yourself and ignore such instructions for you to come back or wait for some text msg
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by nich(m): 8:31am On May 22, 2013
some pips had also previously shared their experiences. Below is the link to the specified thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1224781/getting-drivers-licence-nigeria
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by psalmizt(m): 8:31am On May 22, 2013
baysun2000: I am just fed up with the process. I had my own clearance since Novvember 2012 and was told to come 3 months time for data capturing. 3 months came, I was told the machine is bad, that I should drop my number, that they will SMS me when the machine is ready. Since then I have been waiting.
I don't mind to wait endlessly as long I have covering papers frm them. I dnt have time for their trash. I have job at hand, if they don't. Spssssssssss

Which of the centre is this I think you should just go to the centre... How many people do you really think they can sms?
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by Nobody: 8:39am On May 22, 2013
Fajzay:

Why did u stop for them in d 1st place. Am sorry, I don't waste my time stopping for any VIO ./ FRSC .... If u wanna join ur ancestors, stay in front of my vehicle. shikena!!!
na the spirit. Nobody go tell them to back off when i bone and match throttle. Except na for go-slow. Even then I wind up and remain stationary. As for their yeye Driver's Licence, ain't nobody got time for all that bullsht.
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by psalmizt(m): 8:53am On May 22, 2013
akinnux: I dread the day I would start mine. I wonder the level incompetence in some of this government agency. Instead of subjecting hapless citizens to another rigours of data capturing, why not use the data captured for the national ID card or better still the one captured by INEC. How many database are we going to create in this country. Why are the govt agency not reasoning with their head? With the way things are going we can not rule out massive racketeering and fake driver's licencse, thereby going back to square one.

The data captured by inec is not sufficient. Inec's biometric only captures your thumb, this captures your 10 fingers. NIM's record is also not sufficient as their system does not employ the level of sophistication put in the current FRSC process..... Go ahead and obtain the fake, you will have yourself to blame... The accredited processing offices is as provided in the link: https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/pages/processingOffice anything else from what is on that site is surely a scam...
Yes the process is a lil rough, but it can only get better.
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by Nobody: 9:09am On May 22, 2013
my question is ds, ds driver's licence dt lagos as state has made to ds way, is it like dt in other 35 states of ds nation? For d sake of humanity, what's all ds stress all abt??!!!! over doo no good for body OooooO, people wey fit wait for dt kind hrs make them go wait, as for m my. military id don cover driver's licence OooooO....wahala. for 9ja, but shaaa we no fit jaa! I reserve my other comments
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by FabulousAutos(m): 9:35am On May 22, 2013
Fajzay:

Why did u stop for them in d 1st place. Am sorry, I don't waste my time stopping for any VIO ./ FRSC .... If u wanna join ur ancestors, stay in front of my vehicle. shikena!!!

That's my guy. They cant even try that with me. Last time, they stopped a vehicle in front of me and the guy came after me. I've to engage the reverse gear to create a space and seeing that I wasn't willing to surrender, he jumped off my bonnet as I zoomed off. The other day at the Alausa Toll Gate area, I was towing my SUV with a Honda Bulldog and they overtook and ordered me to pull over. I kept going and after an unsuccessful hot chase, they were the ones that eventually pulled over. I went to their office at Sura/Obalende, Lagos last year to renew my licence which expired in 2011 and after all the normal documentations, they told me their capturing machine is bad. I left there and had never gone back again. These people take advantage of every opportunity to make things difficult for people.

I've been driving since 2011 without a valid license. I even drove down to the East twice last year.It is not worth waisting my time. I have a job to protect, so dont expect me to waist 3-4 workdays because of a plastic paper which will only last 3 years.
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by marjo: 9:50am On May 22, 2013
Went for mine in January 2013, did the test and followed the whole process. was given a temporary license that expired in March. I went back there and they keep telling me that I should use it like that and if i am stopped I should show the officer my processing papers. I've been there twice to date trying to get someone to write an extension date or stamp something on it as a more valid proof of extension but they keep refusing so i am using it like that. the whole process(like most things in Nigeria ) is designed to frustrate people and get money out of citizens. Why start what they do not have the capacity to finish. its all a racket. By the way, i went to the VIO/FRSC office in Ikeja beside the Ikeja court.
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by nokingasgod: 9:58am On May 22, 2013
onandon: It has been over 2 months since I paid for a new license, I passed all the tests and was directed to an office to get a "capture" date. I went to the FRSC office and asked the young man there for the procedure to get a capture date, he pointed to 2 numbers on the wall ( 08033927892 and 08066067903) and asked me to call any of the numbers to get a date. I have been calling for 2 months now,one day a lady answered the phone and asked I call back in a months time, I was shocked. Fast forward 2 months, I have been calling the numbers but the phone keeps ringing and no one ever answers, I have had my completed forms and receipt with me for 2 months, this is very frustrating. What kind of country is this ? like seriously !!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS THE CITY CALLED SODOM
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by Myself2(m): 10:29am On May 22, 2013
I hate to not have options
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by Jethrovich(m): 10:46am On May 22, 2013
How come new one's are that expensive. i have contacted two driving schools and they were saying 17 500 and 18 000 to get the new one and it would take two to three weeks. Also saying the old one is still available.

so for one that has to go to a driving school and still want a new one without paying that much, how do one bypass the driving school and go straight to FRSC?

1 Like

Re: New Frsc Driver's License by Frendys(m): 10:52am On May 22, 2013
There's gross inconsistency, inefficiency, incompetenece and corruption associated with getting DL currently.

The entire FRSC and other License issueing authorities should be overhauled beginning with the sacking of their top management.

This is May ending and the one I renewed in Novemeber last year is still pending even after the expiration of the temporary one License I was issued.

I can confirm that since the beginning of this year no one has recived a new DL in the city of Port Harcourt in particular and its environs. Yet there are FRSC officials on the roads and street corners checking particulars!

Let the President and the National Assemblies take immediate steps at stopping these corrupt officers from perpectuating this national embarrassment: that we can't make simple things work.
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by nikkyshyne(f): 12:32pm On May 22, 2013
psalmizt:

kindly ignore that and go straight for the capture... Since you have already done the other steps
Really? Ok thanks. Will make some calls and moves.
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by dokkyelele(f): 12:34pm On May 22, 2013
if u really want to have yours and you dont want to have any streess....call this numbers... 08027245356 or 08034812261. remember you have to be there to capture. Your information and pass port photograph and N6330 should be ready with you.
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by LordReed(m): 12:40pm On May 22, 2013
sunnypiano: can the officers in road safety pass the exam also.we make life
difficult in this country for ourself.yet that will not solve the problem.

A real question that needs answers. I witnessed a VIO officer reverse an official vehicle on the highway into a traffic post, can you beat that?
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by Burger01(m): 1:05pm On May 22, 2013
Lord_Reed:

A real question that needs answers. I witnessed a VIO officer reverse an official vehicle on the highway into a traffic post, can you beat that?

grin
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by dljbd(m): 1:58pm On May 22, 2013
People...what about renewal. I use Class E and I tried doing it on their site but they don't have Class E. What's next please?
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by timmyudemba: 6:01pm On May 22, 2013
Mine was'nt so stressful,I did it at ojodu wit jst 3150,bt am yet 2 get d card,wat I still use is d paper since 2011,and I renew evry 5months,stressfull tho
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by dchampion1(f): 7:50pm On May 22, 2013
Let one of your first decisions be to KEEP A CLOSED MOUTH AND OPEN EARS AND EYES. As a reminder to yourself to follow this advice, it will be helpful if you copy the following epigram in large letters and place it where you will see it daily. "TELL THE WORLD WHAT YOU INTO.

As of Frsc,I which there will be one of their representative here on Nairaland to give their boss feedback of their action.
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by teelacruz(m): 9:18pm On May 22, 2013
I have learnt my lessons. Let any VIO in particular stand on my way and let others watch to tell his/her relatives his/her predicament. i tried it with them along Ketu-Ikorodu road facing the man directly, i never knew they are trained for running too.
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by manufos(m): 6:37am On May 23, 2013
Who issues Driver's licences in Nigeria abeg? which one vio de talk for their site? www.viodvla.com/sl/page.php?pg=Driver%20Licence&subpg=Driver%20License%20Process
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by 2livescrew: 2:28pm On May 23, 2013
They need to employing competent people into the commission because the crop of workers they have there now are just bunch of useless illiterates.Can you imagine that i have been trying to renew my drivers license since 2011 at their Ojodu office,went there some couples of weeks to go see if things have changed,they still stamped my drivers permit for another 3months.Something you paid for o.
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by softangel(m): 8:53pm On May 23, 2013
tgbaba: .
Osanobua !!! Like seriously, for renewal or first time. One guy bin dey tell me say make I bring 16k for here. Abeg clarify b4 I break smone's head O

grin grin grin
Re: New Frsc Driver's License by mafioso47(m): 11:45pm On May 23, 2013
Amelian: Have gotten mine.... Damn! It was so stressful, I fell ill for two days after the whole exercise... First , go to FRSC office at Ojodu, after Omole phase 2. And ask any of the officers at the gate to direct you to the main quarters where the form is collected. Then talk to one of the officers at the main quarters they will tell you , processes on how to go about it... But be ready to wait in different queues for long long hours, and u will go through two different eye tests, also a driving test....and a short exam about driving codes. If u pass the test, lucky you, then the next crucial stage of Capture comes up...which u must be there before 7am... Anything after 7am for Capture? U are on your own.. That day of capture is another stressful day on its own ... Be ready to spend the whole day there.. At the end of that day, u will be given another 3 months to come take a picture, with your finger prints taken...and other datas, be ready also to spend another full day there...
See queues, u go bow nah.... Every appointment day, they attend to 250 people , on every appointment day... The driver license is honestly for the Brave hearts !......
Omo, I fell ill after the last lap... Am still regaining myself since those fateful weeks. sad cry
But at last, I av an Authentic driver license...
Beginners and renewals can go to Ojodu headquarter , FRSC...
Best of luck, cause anyone going there, really need all the luck they can lay their hands on...
Lemme take my remaining blood tonic... sad
did you pay any money? And what was d driving test like? Was it an auto or manual Transmission type of vehicle? I dont think there is need for all this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Toyota Wants You To Stop Calling Its Cars Boring - Do You Think They Are Boring? / Embark’s Truck Completes 2400mi Trip From LosAngeles To Florida Without A Driver / 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.