Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa (25236 Views)

Governor Bindo Of Adamawa Buying Suya In The Street - Photos / Former Governor Nyako Of Adamawa In EFCC Custody / Card Reader Fails To Recognise Governor Of Adamawa, Ngillari’s Biometrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa by infonubia(m): 6:27am On May 21, 2013
Hundreds of members of the militant Islamic sect, Boko Haram, who are fleeing military attacks in the border communities of Borno State, are regrouping in the mountainous forests of Adamawa State.

The source said that militants, who were dislodged from Sambisa Game Reserve and other camps in Borno, had sought refuge in the Adamawa forests, especially in the Zumo area of Song Local Government Area.

He also said that the sect members had been sighted in the forests of Maiha and Fufore local government areas of the state.

“Most of the Boko Haram members who are running away from the military operations in Borno are moving into Adamawa State. They are regrouping in Zumo area of Song Local Government Area. Some are in Fufore and Maha local government areas. This particular area has a combination of mountains, rocks and bushes that extend to Cameroon,” he said.

Our correspondents learnt that the sect members mingled with civilians when they were escaping from Borno to Adamawa State.

Adamawa has a complex topography comprising mountains, rocks and thick forests that extend into the nation’s border with Cameroon.

It is a mountainous land crossed by the large river valleys – Benue, Gongola and Yedsarem. The valleys of Cameroon, Mandara and Adamawa mountains form part of the landscape.

The source, who spoke on condition that he would not be named, said that the focus of the Defense authorities that are coordinating the fight against the militants would change in the next few days from Northern Borno to Adamawa State.

He further stated that the influx of suspected insurgents into Adamawa explained the decision of the Defense Headquarters to deploy additional 1,000 troops in the state in preparation for a similar military operation in the area.

The source said, “This might be the reason behind the decision of the Defense Headquarters to deploy additional 1,000 soldiers in the state.

“The attention of the Defense authorities and the Special Forces deployed to flush out suspected Islamic militants in the North- Eastern part of the country may shift from Borno where some of the earliest battles have been fought to Adamawa State.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/insurgents-regroup-in-adamawa-mountains/

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/05/nigeria-boko-haram-regroups-in.html

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa by oshyno(m): 6:53am On May 21, 2013
This is why I wud av preferred they killed those 120 captured while burying their leader. They want to adopt the Afghan style of hiding under the rock to shoot down air force jets. Ofcourse I believe our boyz will treat ur f-up real good. I guess next stop will be Cameroon or Benue. From Benue to where- Kogi ? Kogi to Enugu right. Then ur finished cuz 042 guyz will chew you dimwits like okpa Nsukka.

33 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa by RickyRoss1(m): 7:07am On May 21, 2013
Senseless goats. Why are they running away like toothless bulldogs, I thought they were promised 72 virgins for doing stupid things, why then are they running away from death?

They can run, but can never hide...

7 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa by Nobody: 7:25am On May 21, 2013
JTF give me Iman Shekau either dead or alive

9 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa by infonubia(m): 7:31am On May 21, 2013
Yomii: JTF give me Iman Shekau either dead or alive

I'm not sure if we have the intel to capture that guy...

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa by ArQueBusieR(m): 7:54am On May 21, 2013
infonubia:

I'm not sure if we have the intel to capture that guy...

www.infonubia.com
Because like Osama, he's a freaking coward.

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa by simplyme3(f): 8:14am On May 21, 2013
Lies. Just to promote infonubia.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa by Nobody: 8:54am On May 21, 2013
In this type of situation, this type of intel is supposed to be classified, I'm sure they will change the meeting venue to forestall further massacre.
The JTF should have quietly took them unawares, and exterminate all of them from the surface of the earth.
Those vultures, blood sucking demon, cows, are threats to human existence.

Kill them all..............!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa by fallingsky(m): 9:35am On May 21, 2013
Kill them all.....
Re: Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa by ejifranks(m): 9:36am On May 21, 2013
Run Run Run But you cant hide......

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa by Nobody: 9:36am On May 21, 2013
since d beginning of this brouhaha....we haven't seen any pictures or videos to support d claim dat the soldiers are really working and dat some boko haram members have been captured. Though i do believe it anyway.
Btw, where is this guy called bamilassa?? I haven't seen his comment lately(always the same thing on every thread) I hope he has been captured, or he's part of those on the run in the forest of adamawa and there's probably no network there.

8 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa by Built2last: 9:37am On May 21, 2013
why are these guys fleeing na...is there scarcity of virgins in paradise? whether death by suicide or military bullet...all na death and virgins are guaranteed.

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa by Nobody: 9:37am On May 21, 2013
Na who dey leak this info self?.. Well lets go there and bombard them to the stone age. The problem that have been giving me thoughts since this operation began was how to differentiate fleeing civilians from terrorist. I know that such thing would happen from the onset.
Re: Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa by compressor(m): 9:37am On May 21, 2013
Nigerian are fools just making comments and arriving at jaundiced conclusions without seeing pictures or evidences of the destruction ongoing in the areas where the military are operating.We need to be careful how or what we wish for as the military has shown themselves time and over again to be untrustworthy in handling both affairs of state and such security challenges.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa by DisGuy: 9:37am On May 21, 2013
Is that the latest buzzword... Intel cheesy

intel and nigerian army= impossible

whats with all these funny press releases sef, we need videos, maps,! perhaps nigerian army cant work that out
Re: Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa by Nobody: 9:40am On May 21, 2013
[color=#990000][/color] I dnt like this news,information like this should not be given to the press as d boko people also read the news and would relocate when they find out that their location is known to the army.when jtf don finish to dey kill them the press fit broadcast anything weh dem like

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa by Nobody: 9:40am On May 21, 2013
Well, we know where they are. Let's go get 'em!
Re: Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa by Vandi2: 9:42am On May 21, 2013
am in song local govt now so we are not safe right?? Our House is not too far from the Zumo three sister . Jesus deliver us from the hand of the BoKo. Haram. Amen

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa by Gorrbachev: 9:43am On May 21, 2013
Air raids?
Re: Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa by VirginFinder: 9:44am On May 21, 2013
Makes it easier for the Nigerian Airforce.

Bomb the mountains mercilessly and indiscriminately.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa by Boss13: 9:45am On May 21, 2013
compressor: Nigerian are fools just making comments and arriving at jaundiced conclusions without seeing pictures or evidences of the destruction ongoing in the areas where the military are operating.We need to be careful how or what we wish for as the military has shown themselves time and over again to be untrustworthy in handling both affairs of state and such security challenges.

You do not need to insult an entire people of a country in order to express an opinion. Nigerians do not need to go to war front for evidence. What Nigerians want is peace in the North and that is why the military has been deployed to the North. If the military carry out excessive practices, I believe civil societies and humanitarian organisation would be the voice. For now we need the end of Boko Haram era.

16 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa by a1solution: 9:45am On May 21, 2013
Hope the JTF is also working to ensure the boko boys does not start from other parts of the country.
Re: Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa by donchris999: 9:45am On May 21, 2013
When they were muzzling, destroying and killing biafrans, they were trustworthy infact they were the best. Now, the nigeria military is not trustworthy. Th......er fire that your mouth there. Nigeria military is the best and trustworthy.
compressor: Nigerian are fools just making comments and arriving at jaundiced conclusions without seeing pictures or evidences of the destruction ongoing in the areas where the military are operating.We need to be careful how or what we wish for as the military has shown themselves time and over again to be untrustworthy in handling both affairs of state and such security challenges.

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa by DJDOLA(m): 9:46am On May 21, 2013
Ricky_Ross: Senseless goats. Why are they running away like toothless bulldogs, I thought they were promised 72 virgins for doing stupid things, why then are they running away from death?

They can run, but can never hide...
why u guys keep saying virgin..am lost here pls bros who is givin them virgin..and what for
Re: Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa by sixtusjr(m): 9:46am On May 21, 2013
Haba, why running?
Re: Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa by dridowu: 9:46am On May 21, 2013
We must chase them away frm 9ja down to pacific ocean
Re: Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa by BabaTony: 9:46am On May 21, 2013
Was it not this same adamawa that the governor was running his mouth questioning the president's declaration of SOE in his state claiming its the most peaceful. It is either he knows something about these guys or he has just shown how naive and uninformed he is about his state. As for the Nigerian army, kudos so far, smoke those niggers out anywhere you find them! angry angry angry
Re: Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa by chlowi(f): 9:48am On May 21, 2013
Errrm ion tink its wise letting out this info tho, that is if it is tru (their new hide-out I mean) don't u tink they read the news too?

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa by godofwar666(m): 9:50am On May 21, 2013
u dey kill civilian no bi haram
u stole from the bank no bi haram
u kidnapped children to free ur wives from prison no bi haram.

to now accept western education na haram
this bh boys nid to be oriented
Re: Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa by ikokidesam(m): 9:53am On May 21, 2013
Shebi them say, they are ready to die 4 what dey believe, y are dey runing
Re: Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa by Nobody: 9:53am On May 21, 2013
They can run but verily verily they will surely crumble....their stronghold will fail them.ijn amen
Re: Boko-Haram Regroups In The Mountains Of Adamawa by nairalad: 9:54am On May 21, 2013
BabaTony: Was it not this same adamawa that the governor was running his mouth questioning the president's declaration of SOE in his state claiming its the most peaceful. It is either he knows something about these guys or he has just shown how naive and uninformed he is about his state. As for the Nigerian army, kudos so far, smoke those niggers out anywhere you find them! angry angry angry

^
Did you read the new? It says they are re-grouping in Adamawa which means the escaped from the hot zones.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Wish You Well - PDP Bids Ayade Farewell / Falana: DSS Has Given 3 Contradictory Reasons For Not Releasing Sowore / Rotimi Jolayemi Charged For ‘Causing Annoyance’ Towards Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.