Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,464 members, 7,770,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:53 AM

Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria (63205 Views)

8 Best Chinese Restaurants In Abuja / Top 5 Abuja Fast Food Restaurants To Know / Nigerian Restaurants In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by 02(m): 3:11pm On May 17, 2006
Juice and Grilade
Mr Lass
Kings bite
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by tayekenny(f): 3:35pm On May 17, 2006
Pastry Delight
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by vickybabe(f): 4:30pm On May 17, 2006
Eastcoast:

why is fast food very expensive in nigeria?

fast food will be expensive take for instance> they want to start a Burger KING in lagos think of hoe much the costs of shipping all the product overseas, and how much will they charge for a double whopper combe that costs about $6, if i calculate very well it will running to N 800. now who want to pay that much money in one sitting. maybe 1 out of 10.
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by DaHitler(m): 4:32pm On May 17, 2006
I doubt a double whopper would cost 800 naira if there was a Burger king in Lagos. If anything, it would be even cheaper when you consider the fact that workers in Nigeria get paid basically nothing when compared to American workers.
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by Nutter(m): 4:36pm On May 17, 2006
Dats right Afeni. There are McDonald's outlets in countries like India and I doubt that the prices are astronomical. In these cases, cheap labour is key.
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by vickybabe(f): 4:37pm On May 17, 2006
Afeni:

I doubt a double whopper would cost 800 naira if there was a Burger kind in Lagos. If anything, it would be even cheaper when you consider the fact that workers in Nigeria get paid basically nothing when compared to American workers.

you think it would be cheaper  
like N 50 i don think so
think about where it coming phrum unless they will be making there burgers in nigeria, which means lots of beef
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by DaHitler(m): 4:39pm On May 17, 2006
I would estimate it would be about 200-350 Naira.
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by vickybabe(f): 4:40pm On May 17, 2006
just out of curiosity
how much is a regular meal at Mr. BIggs these daiz?
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by vickybabe(f): 4:41pm On May 17, 2006
Afeni:

I would estimate it would be about 200-350 Naira.

that like a dollar or 2
comme on
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by DaHitler(m): 4:43pm On May 17, 2006
I am just being real. cheesy
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by vickybabe(f): 4:48pm On May 17, 2006
if it only that cheap cheap i need to go and get me some 4 a $
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by buck: 4:49pm On May 17, 2006
Representing from j-town

Juice n grillade
King's bite
Oasis bakery
Mr Lass
Fountain Life Cafe
Snappy's burger
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by Nutter(m): 4:54pm On May 17, 2006
Oh yeah, I just remembered Chocolate Royale in VI Ext. It's owned by the wife of the Cool FM fella.
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by my2cents(m): 6:26pm On May 17, 2006
and of course my personal best, based on what i consider a very creative name: Hunger Busters LOL
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by gem87(f): 7:51pm On May 17, 2006
i guess it depends on wht part of naija u r stayin,
in ph there's loads like

bovatti
kingfisher
bubbles
and jeez i 4got em other ones
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by Bisanke(f): 1:52am On May 18, 2006
Damn i dont remember any fastfood restaurants except 4 Mr.Biggs and some ppl have already said that. but there's probably more that i just cant remember
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by shawlar(m): 8:14pm On May 18, 2006
All of you are talking yankee fast food , about good ol' 9ja ones like

London Lawa,
Belgium,
Tantalisers Africana,
Iya Shitta, Surulere
Spicey Meals
Thistles V.I, Premium Point n Kill spot grin grin
etc
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by dominobaby(f): 9:36am On May 19, 2006
Kingstine jo on adeniran ogunsanya, lag.
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by crucifeso: 10:44am On May 19, 2006
Thanks for the help in remembering the names of the popular restaurant in Nigeria. But i will like to ask which areas are all these restaurant are located. thanks for the help already rendered.
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by nijerbabe(f): 10:34pm On May 20, 2006
i rem one, its called Mr fans. in lagos. Okota and egbe i belief
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by exu(m): 2:24pm On May 21, 2006
To be honest I think it's a good thing that fast food is out of reach of a lot of people in Nigeria.

I'd prefer not to see the health problems prevalent in American society in Nigeria.
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by anton(m): 4:21pm On May 23, 2006
Some of the places I know, like churches, etc. But what do the other home grown places serve?

Could someone upload menus for us that have never been to nigeria. Personally I can't wait to see Lagos (^o^)
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by tochi(f): 9:08pm On May 23, 2006
It is rather interesting to see all these fast food restaurants springing everywhere.

I have to comment though on the ongoing jist and agree with whoever said BK(Burger king)

will cost about eight hundred naira! For those that say a burger will be fifty abi two hundred,

keep dreaming! The fact that there is cheap labor does not mean that this will be an advantage

to consumers, rather an opportunity to make more money on the producer's side. And to those

saying that micky dees is cheap in india, i was in austria 2yrs ago and that s*** was ridiculously

expensive and they had the balls to even ask us to buy ketchup for our fries! My point is that if

BK is opened in Nigeria, it is not going to be cheap, unless it is the pirated version which Nigerians

are champions @ doing~!
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by Nutter(m): 12:28am On May 24, 2006
tochi:

And to those saying that micky dees is cheap in india, i was in austria 2yrs ago and that s*** was ridiculously

expensive and they had the balls to even ask us to buy ketchup for our fries!

What does Burger King in India have to do with Micky dees in Austria?
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by vichel(m): 1:44am On May 24, 2006
u guys are just naming the fast food joints in lagos and not nigeria in all. i heard b-side(benin city) got some nice eateries too. i think there is a Kaydees. cool place and a whole lot more.
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by tochi(f): 7:14pm On May 25, 2006
@vichel, i am just using Burger King's greatest competion, Mc.Donalds as an example! And since someone was talking about Burger King being cheap in foreign countries or something like that, i used Austria as an example~! Cappish? cool
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by Nutter(m): 7:33pm On May 25, 2006
tochi:

@vichel, i am just using Burger King's greatest competion, Mc.Donalds as an example! And since someone was talking about Burger King being cheap in foreign countries or something like that, i used Austria as an example~! Cappish? cool

I suppose your post was meant for me and not Vichel as I was the one that challenged your comparison of Burger King and Micky Dees. For one, Burger King is much bigger than Micky Dees and enjoys greater market share, competitive advantages and synergies cutting across its supply chain. Market share, competitive advantages and synergies which Micky Dees simply cannot match. For another, Austria, as far as I am concerned, is not a Third-World country like India. Therefore, your comparison on both counts is without merit. Comprende? cool
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by samm(m): 7:52pm On May 25, 2006

Nutter:

I suppose your post was meant for me and not Vichel as I was the one that challenged your comparison of Burger King and Micky Dees. For one, Burger King is much bigger than Micky Dees and enjoys greater market share, competitive advantages and synergies cutting across its supply chain. Market share, competitive advantages and synergies which Micky Dees simply cannot match. For another, Austria, as far as I am concerned, is not a Third-World country like India. Therefore, your comparison on both counts is without merit. Comprende? cool

Source Please!!!!!!!!! My dear Nutter, all your remarks are based on assumptions.   Market share, Competitive advantage, Synergy?

A comparison can be made using the two countries because both companies will be operating outside their home market.  The size and market share of one or the other has nothing to do with their efficiencies.  Strategy is Key.
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by Nutter(m): 1:44am On May 26, 2006
samm:

Source Please!!!!!!!!! My dear Nutter, all your remarks are based on assumptions.   Market share, Competitive advantage, Synergy?

A comparison can be made using the two countries because both companies will be operating outside their home market.  The size and market share of one or the other has nothing to do with their efficiencies.  Strategy is Key.

What assumptions? Is Burger King not bigger than Micky Dees?

1.Market Share – The amount of control a company has in a particular market. Both companies are American and Burger King enjoys far greater market share than Micky Dees. This was neither arrived at nor is sustained by Burger King because they are ‘lucky’. Burger King is a more solvent, more efficient coy than Micky Dees. Additionally, Burger King enjoys greater brand equity than Micky Dees does. As a result, when Burger King goes into another country, they immediately present a more recognizable brand, thereby drawing more custom, resulting in cheaper operation costs and faster pay-back on investments.

2.Competitive Advantage – This ties into market share due to its position as a determinant. Burger King is known for its exemplary French Fries. This sets it apart from all the others. Again, this drives customer traffic and solidifies market share.

3.Synergy – Due to the greater size and spread of Burger King, they are able to forge stronger relationships with suppliers on terms which are more favourable to themselves (Burger King). In many cases, these large coys operate integration strategies which enable them take ownership of the different points in the supply chain, ensuring cheaper running and production costs, guaranteeing quality, and benefiting from the expertise of suppliers.

That both coys are operating outside their home markets does not mean they are operating on the same level – not at all! Is Coca-Cola operating on the same level as other American cola coys in other markets? Brand equity remains a key determinant and like I said, Burger King enjoys a lot more of this than Micky Dees. On this basis, it is wrong to state that a comparison can be made between India and Austria. Primarily because:

1.They have different average per-capita incomes (Austria = $32,900; India = $3,400). This guarantees cheaper labour costs in India than it does in Austria. Like I said previously, India is not in the same league as Austria. 

2.They have different cultures. An example is fast-food restaurants which don’t serve beef burgers in India because of the reverence for cows that Hindus have.

These issues cement the differences between the two countries and marketing strategies should be fully considered in these terms else they will be imprecise and will thus fail.
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by OldGlory1(m): 2:26am On May 26, 2006
Nutter

Did you say Burger king was bigger than McDonald's? The fries is a matter of personal choice. I prefer Wendy's to both of them, but i am sorry McDonald's probably is twice the size of burger king, at least in the US. Number of stores,dollar menu, traffic thru their doors, market share, ETC. Burger King is not close to touching McDonald's. I am basing my stats solely from the US market.
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by tochi(f): 3:37am On May 26, 2006
Sorry vichel for the confusion, it was directed at dear nutter~! Ok i understand that Austria and India might not have been the best comparison, however, after you get over your sleepness nights over my bad comparison, duely note that the point which i used that comparison to make still stands. The fact that there is cheap labor in the area does not mean that prices of goods and services produced using this cheap labor will be cheaper~! It is great, to the mostly selfish producers that they can pay whatever the heck they care to these people and still make a huge profit from it all they care about! Ever heard of "sweatshops"
@ old glory, thanks for clearing that up~! I dont know where nutter is getting his information! mC.Donalds is so much bigger than BK! Air time or no air time, share or no share, they are doing better and have waaaaaaaay more chains here in the US than BK! Quality or no quality, Mc.Donalds is nationally loved! It has been accepted that fast food is generally bad for your health and so people dont go out looking for quality and custom made french fries as my dear friend nutter is suggesting!So i dont really buy your point about about "customer traffic drive in BK" due to their "exemplary french fries"~!
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by Idekeson(m): 4:17am On May 26, 2006
Nutter:

What assumptions? Is Burger King not bigger than Micky Dees?

No it's not. McDonald controls close to 50% of the entire fast-food market in the U.S.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Pouched Rat My Dogs Caught This Morning (Photos) / Slay Mama Struggling To Eat Burger With Cutlery In Lagos / The Grasscutter My 404 Dogs Killed This Morning..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.