Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,484 members, 7,770,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:50 AM

Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria (63206 Views)

8 Best Chinese Restaurants In Abuja / Top 5 Abuja Fast Food Restaurants To Know / Nigerian Restaurants In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by OldGlory1(m): 5:15am On May 26, 2006
Tochi

He got me confused too. I guess he is not in America.I think world wide, McDonald's control anything that has to do with a Burger,Fries and drink. It is a world brand that makes some countries even beg to get a single franchise. People actually say things like "We have a McDonald's in our country".
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by Nutter(m): 7:16pm On May 26, 2006
@Tochi, Old Glory and Idekeson

I see what the problem is. McDonalds may be fondly called Micky Dees in the States. Is that what this is about? If so, then your point stands in terms of market share. McDonald's enjoys the greatest share in the US market (perhaps globally too). However, if you refer to another coy called Micky Dees, then your point falters and my BK comparison kicks in. There is an actual Mickey Dees here in the UK which is why I made the points I did. That Micky Dees in no way compares in size or market share to BK.

@Tochi

grin Your comparison didn't give me sleepless nights - how could it? It lacked depth. Actually, I laughed quietly to myself when I read your post. Neither your comparison nor the point behind it can stand. Different countries should be approached differently unless they share core similarities covering the points I mentioned. Even then, certain idiosyncratic elements need to be addressed. Therefore, marketing strategy in Austria would differ significantly from marketing strategy in India. Simple as!

You have now thrown 'sweatshops' into the mix shocked. You really shouldn’t be shooting yourself in the foot. Here you come with another comparison that is lacking in application to the situation under discussion. What do you understand by 'sweatshops' and the reason behind their creation? When your Nike shoes and clothing are made in these under-developed countries for pennies, are they not produced cheaply so as to make outrageous profit in the developed countries? Here, we are talking about fast-food restaurants enjoying cheap labour in under-developed countries and selling to customers in those countries. 

Nne, my suggestion to you is to accept when you are wrong, learn something new, and move on. It's called 'Character'.
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by soulpatrol(f): 8:02pm On Jul 17, 2006
ha, all this argument on top mickey dees and things. isnt mister biggs enough for us? to be honest, i think it will cost a lot of money to open a mcdonalds/burger king in naija. so many factors to be considered:

how much will a burger/meal cost? they have to price it according to an average naija person's income
will they be able to maintain the standard of the food preparation i.e will it taste the same as in other countries?
will they be making money off us due to cheap labor?
i could go on an on, but im sure you catch my drift.

mister biggs is alright in my opinion, they just need to add/remove some things in their menu e.g

get that damn cucumber out of their burger. cucumber in a burger? c'mon now, can't be that hard to turn it into a pickle!

the combination of their pasta salad is just woeful. makes me want to throw up
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by katherinae(f): 10:50pm On Aug 15, 2006
HAVE U GUYS NOTICED HOW NIGERIANS TEND TO LOSE THEIR SENSE OF CREATIVITY WHEN NAMING THEIR FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS, I MEAN FOR PEACE SAKE

FLAVOURS
FAVORITE
CHICKEN GEORGE
MR BIGG
BIG DADDY
BIGGER DADDY
TANTALIZER WHICH BY THE SOUNDS MORE LIKE A STRIP JOINT TO ME
VERY SOON THEY WILL NAME ONE MAGGI, AND ALL SPICE.
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by soulpatrol(f): 2:06am On Aug 16, 2006
katherinae:

BIGGER DADDY
TANTALIZER WHICH BY THE SOUNDS MORE LIKE A STRIP JOINT TO ME
VERY SOON THEY WILL NAME ONE MAGGI, AND ALL SPICE.

lmao. grin grin grin that was hella funny. naija people sho' aint got good names for businesses. pretty soon, the next big joint will be Aunty Nkem's Icecream and Suya spot!

@katharinae. i hope there really isn't a BIGGER DADDY!
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by inprecise: 9:35pm On Aug 16, 2006
me favorite is Mr. Chicken on Victoria Island. finger liking good!
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 23, 2006
there's Barcelos too

their salad is lovely and the chicken is alrite ditto spicy and quatro chips

but our fast food joints customised for the nigerian palate considering that what they sell is rice and chicken

the few additions of chips, pasta and snacks

there are places they sell pizzas

there are so many restaurants both foreign and local and MOST of them got great food even the bukas

yeah jsut remembered Debonairs Sweet sensation and Yellow Chilli
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by talk2ahmed(m): 5:44pm On Oct 23, 2006
well in Minna i kno of Treatyees, AND, NANA'S place
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by nihinlola(f): 7:09pm On Oct 23, 2006
"On the Run",

Hi here, I am very sure that you people are missing something out here.
This is to bring to your notice that there is a new and standard Quick Service Restaurant in town now called "On The Run" a new UAC Restaurant, On The Run is one of the best restaurant now in the heart of Lagos, and if you have not been there before i think you are really missing something because is one of its kind in Lagos totally different from others.
and if u want to check them online you can login to www.mmuacnplc.com and find out all thier brands of foods.
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by omobamital(f): 1:13pm On Oct 31, 2006
finicky
delicacies
mosu cafe
hunger buster
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by kiwibabe(f): 8:01pm On Nov 03, 2006
On the run is also i the UK, everywhere, their food is alright, but in the UK they operate mainly with Esso, you know the petrol company.
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by yemooffa(m): 5:21am On Nov 05, 2006
iya basira of styl-plusgrin
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by Igie4kings(m): 9:30am On Nov 10, 2006
Thought someone wud mention KAYDEES   
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 20, 2006
popeyes chickenland, sangotedo, ajah.
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by mekoyo(m): 12:16pm On Feb 12, 2007
TRIANGLE
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by lolabaloo(f): 12:30pm On Feb 13, 2007
ghana high use to be one of my favorite but the food is not as delicious as the way it use to be.
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by 9ja4eva: 8:52am On Mar 03, 2007
Chykes Place
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by chiogo(f): 11:22pm On Mar 03, 2007
[b]Tetrazini
Fantasy land
Candi's[/b]
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by 9ja4eva: 12:06am On Mar 04, 2007
Chiquita
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by fromuk(m): 9:15pm On Mar 04, 2007
dey do have security guard in mcdonald,kfc,some piza hut and kebab shops as well but still cheap
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by 9ja4eva: 6:35am On Mar 05, 2007
lol
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 16, 2007
iya risi food canteen

mama tope resturant

ayo and ola food

buy your food here

buy mine her's is yet to be cooked

oun gbona fe li feli

iya alamala

iya kemi

Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by 9ja4eva: 5:17am On Apr 17, 2007
Suzy Q
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by papabaks(m): 11:31am On May 24, 2007
Hello guys havent you hard of FINIKI fast food?
where you can alwys branch and get your SHAWAMA and some other criterails.

papa.
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by 9ja4eva: 3:39am On May 27, 2007
Really

Where dt one dey
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by Sharn06: 7:27pm On May 27, 2007
I heard of Finger Lickers @ Egbeda, Lagos. you?
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by 9ja4eva: 6:16am On May 28, 2007
Oh really
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by Sharn06: 10:19am On May 28, 2007
what do I mean? mumsy owns or owned it!
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by 9ja4eva: 2:54am On May 30, 2007
Friends in Akowonjo or so
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by Sharn06: 12:30am On May 31, 2007
i know that own too.
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by 9ja4eva: 4:47am On May 31, 2007
Oh yeah
Re: Names Of Popular Fast Food Restaurants In Nigeria by Shokoloko(f): 6:31pm On Jun 28, 2007
Ther's this new place in port harcourt called EAT!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Pouched Rat My Dogs Caught This Morning (Photos) / Slay Mama Struggling To Eat Burger With Cutlery In Lagos / The Grasscutter My 404 Dogs Killed This Morning..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.