Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,937 members, 7,838,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA (14319 Views)

Adorable Photos Of The Obamas At The 2014 Christmas In Washington / Nelson Mandela's Statue Unveiled In Washington. / Egyptian Protesters Push An Armoured Police Van Off A Bridge, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 24, 2013
na U go tire:

Shut up! You don't understand how America works. I hope you don't live in the US, because if you do, it is very shameful that you don't know squat about the society you live in. And for your information, there are so many new projects cropping up throughout America. A major part of the last stimulus fund was devoted to infrastructural upgrade. Obama has no power to shift money from the 'funding of the military' to any other sector. All funds must be spent in the way and manner appropriated by the congress. Any deviation must have the consent of the congress.

Asians are taking over as you stated, yet, you have those same Asians doing their possible best to emigrate to the US. Taking over my foot!

Tell him ooo
Re: Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA by GooseBaba: 6:31pm On May 24, 2013
roselynbas:

I dont get it. How is America a failed country? Remove the plank from your eye before u see clearly to remove the speck in another person's eye!

Cool down.. Have you heard of "sarcasm"... Every time something bad happens in Nigeria all we hear is failed state... So calm down...plank dey carpenter store.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA by Godhelpus: 6:41pm On May 24, 2013
Na boko haram coz ammmmmmm.
Re: Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 24, 2013
9jadelta: how many bridges has collapsed in nigeria? Name 2
sad
Re: Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 24, 2013
greaterlove: one of the issues many have with obama is his neglect of infrastructural development, although it started way before him, but one was thinking a president who is trying to reduce the funding on military will shift those funds to infrastructures. if this story is true it shows the fear some americans have been expressing for years on the bad state of their bridges and roads. asia is taking over, for hardly do you hear of new projects coming out of america but ppl will pay to see the wonders springi

[size=13pt]That's a lie. Drive past any road or bridge being reconstructed. They all have signs that read "Project Funded By The American Recovery and Reinstatement Act" aka the stimulus package that republicans were kicking against.[/size]
Re: Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA by supaeagles(m): 7:04pm On May 24, 2013
9jadelta: how many bridges has collapsed in nigeria? Name 2
N_girl: That's exactly what I was wondering.. Na wa for some people sad
Ha ha - e true oh, but let us face facts, we cannot even compare the number of bridges in Nigeria to USA or even the number of vehicles or traffic. Also I don't even get what people are arguing about, are we trying to compare infrastructure between the two countries (which is like a bad joke) or we should sympathize with USA for this incident. Isn't that more in line with out Nigerian spirit and character
wink
Re: Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA by solomon111(m): 7:08pm On May 24, 2013
Why is obama hated by the majority of white americans?
It seems they can't wait for the guy to leave the white house.
*comments on yahoo are hilarious*
Re: Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA by supaeagles(m): 7:16pm On May 24, 2013
solomon111: Why is obama hated by the majority of white americans?
It seems they can't wait for the guy to leave the white house.
*comments on yahoo are hilarious*
I don't think you should consider the vile anti Obama comments on public forums as representative of everyone. Remember it is only the angry ones who go out there and post a lot and all over. Also remember it is this same group of "majority white Americans" that voted for him not once but twice!
Re: Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA by jniran22(m): 7:17pm On May 24, 2013
aminho: The world is turning into terry G

U don dey mad abi!!!!
Re: Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA by solomon111(m): 7:21pm On May 24, 2013
supaeagles:

Ha ha - e true oh, but let us face facts, we cannot even compare the number of bridges in Nigeria to USA or even the number of vehicles or traffic. Also I don't even get what people are arguing about, are we trying to compare infrastructure between the two countries (which is like a bad joke) or we should sympathize with USA for this incident. Isn't that more in line with out Nigerian spirit and character
wink
sympathise with the US?
Are you kidding me?
What of the hundreds of innocent lives the US have killed with their drones programme?
Sorry,It's extremely hard to sympathize with the US.
Some would even say they deserve it.
Even their so-called allies secretly despise them.
I am sure the US can build thousands of heavenly bridges from the stolen resources of foreign nations.
Re: Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA by manny4life(m): 7:30pm On May 24, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]That's a lie. Drive past any road or bridge being reconstructed. They all have signs that read "Project Funded By The American Recovery and Reinstatement Act" aka the stimulus package that republicans were kicking against.[/size]

Nne, this is my first of seeing u a lil bit aggressive... Imagine the boldness "that's a LIE"...LOL

I will speak of DC and VA because this is where I work and live, construction every effin place. Like seriously, I spend more than 30mins in traffic because of new construction. This is why I said he had no clue what he's talking about, I believe Obama's administration in infrastructure is massive compared to Bush or prior administrations. At times it's best to correct people like him because FAUX NEWS has done a lot of publicity damage.
Re: Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA by mayorjo4u: 7:40pm On May 24, 2013
It is time for dem to collapse, bridges of 1600ADs, wen is nigeria den ?
Re: Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA by AjanleKoko: 7:46pm On May 24, 2013
simply_me: If this were to be in Nigeria, a lot of dunces will be asking for the head of the President - especially if America has a DollarLand forum.

So you don't think they will not sanction anybody or raise some inquiry into the incident, simply because 'it is America'?
Re: Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 24, 2013
sh-t happens. we are not perfect so nothing that comes from us will be perfect..
i just hope the victims are ok.
Re: Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 24, 2013
manny4life: Nne, this is my first of seeing u a lil bit aggressive... Imagine the boldness "that's a LIE"...LOL

I will speak of DC and VA because this is where I work and live, construction every effin place. Like seriously, I spend more than 30mins in traffic because of new construction. This is why I said he had no clue what he's talking about, I believe Obama's administration in infrastructure is massive compared to Bush or prior administrations. At times it's best to correct people like him because FAUX NEWS has done a lot of publicity damage.

[size=13pt]Lol, cos how many times in one week pesin wey never smell Cotonou wan tell us Yankee affairs? angry

It is massive. There isn't anywhere that I've gone since President Obama took office that I haven't seen construction, even in rural counties. The freeways in rural zones of California (headed towards Nevada) were two lanes before, so there was always heavy traffic going into the city. When I was in high school, I was late to class on a daily basis because of hold up lol. A third lane was added and completed around 2011 or so. Traffic is gone smiley

Faux News sabi lie. Sometimes I watch them just to see what they're discussing. What they discuss never concerns a majority of Americans lol.[/size]
Re: Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 24, 2013
*Kails*:
sh-t happens. we are not perfect so nothing that comes from us will be perfect..
i just hope the victims are ok.

[size=13pt]There were only three victims, and their injuries have been described as "slight". I read that the worst injury was a dislocated shoulder. The man popped his shoulder back in as he and his shocked wife waited for rescuers to reach them. Imagine that![/size]
Re: Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA by churific(m): 8:45pm On May 24, 2013
Nonsense, nonsense, nonsense!

First, no one died. Only 1 shoulder was dislocated and popped back into place.

Second, the bridge didn't collapse due to design or material failure as with most bridge collapses in Nigeria, a "tractor-trailer cargo" hit a support girder, causing the bridge to collapse.

Third, this article is an over exaggeration. About only 3 people were involved so away with your "sending people and vehicles into the water" nonsense.

And what was the result? $21B will be invested in infrastructure construction, including improvements to existing roadways; something you won't see in our country!

Always get your facts straight first.
Re: Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 24, 2013
[size=13pt]^^ That's journalism for you. Sensationalism. Only two vehicles fell into the river, and the trailer struck several trusses on the bridge, making it collapse. I think the article was written as the story was unfolding because if you click the link now, the article is two pages long with fewer inaccuracies.

I think the thread should be modified. That's how folks in Nigeria will start saying a bridge collapsed for no reason lol.[/size]
Re: Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 24, 2013
pls nxt time try to convince me with pictures. i stil nva believe u.
Re: Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA by redsun(m): 8:52pm On May 24, 2013
simply_me: If this were to be in Nigeria, a lot of dunces will be asking for the head of the President - especially if America has a DollarLand forum.

Nigeria's case is different.Because nigeria doesn't even understand the concept of good roads(tracks),talkless of bridges.This is just a structural negligence that got really bad or it could have been sabotaged.

But they will find out and make sure it doesn't happen again.In nigeria,pedestrians overhead bridges are death traps,with gaping holes waiting to break apart any moment.Meanwhile people are just unconcerned,undermining the dangers they expose themselves to every time they walk past those bridges.And Some even hawk on them all day,including victimized children.

Don't even go there.It is sad to see the unpaved,unkept dusty streets of nigeria.I hate for stranger to see them,it belittles human intelligence for people to live like that.To be unconstructive.
Re: Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA by skiesoduah: 9:00pm On May 24, 2013
Red-Light:
i weep for america embarassed

failed country

Lol victim of visa refusal.. God bless the USA

1 Like

Re: Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA by ibkgab001: 9:16pm On May 24, 2013
Buhari is angry with Tunude idiagbon angry
Re: Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA by dasparrow: 10:08pm On May 24, 2013
supaeagles:

wink

@Bolded

I am not sure if we should sympathize with the USA considering all the insensitive remarks Americans made on yahoo about Nigeria and her citizens shortly after the Dana air crash in Lagos, Nigeria.

Abeg, NEXT!
Re: Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 24, 2013
dasparrow: @Bolded

I am not sure if we should sympathize with the USA considering all the insensitive remarks Americans made on yahoo about Nigeria and her citizens shortly after the Dana air crash in Lagos, Nigeria.

Abeg, NEXT!

[size=13pt]That's the equivalent of an American stumbling on Nairaland and taking the remarks found here as the general opinion of the nation that is Nigeria. Wise? I think not.[/size]
Re: Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA by dasparrow: 10:17pm On May 24, 2013
skies.oduah:

Lol victim of visa refusal.. God bless the USA

Please stop this childishness! So anyone who does not kiss the behind of the USA must have been denied a visa? I am sure you are a fresh off the boat immigrant that is why the euphoria of living in the USA is still in you. Wait till you have lived there for 10 or more years and the white and black Americans deal with you mercilessly calling you nigg*r and African booty scratcher and what not, then let me see if you will still be quick to jump to the defense of a people who are not exactly fond of you.
Re: Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 24, 2013
I'm glad that no life was lost. Sometime last yr, a group of US structural engineers rated 1/4 of bridges in the US as "structurally deficient". They estimated that around $1 trillion would be needed to bring the infrastructure to European/Asian standards.
Re: Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA by Raypawer(m): 11:17pm On May 24, 2013
GooseBaba:

GBAM!!! All those inferior Africans.... Like perfection = white man...

tell them....
Proudly Nigerian!
Re: Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:35pm On May 24, 2013
obadiah777: COME DOWN AND SIT IN THE DUST O VIRGIN DAUGHTER OF BABYLON

Haba, don't you get tired? undecided
Re: Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA by Nobody: 11:43pm On May 24, 2013
greaterlove: one of the issues many have with obama is his neglect of infrastructural development, although it started way before him, but one was thinking a president who is trying to reduce the funding on military will shift those funds to infrastructures. if this story is true it shows the fear some americans have been expressing for years on the bad state of their bridges and roads. asia is taking over, for hardly do you hear of new projects coming out of america but ppl will pay to see the wonders springi

Obama is trying to revitalise infrastructure but he is a lame duck President with a majority Republican Congress. He's not going to get much done.
Re: Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA by Nobody: 11:45pm On May 24, 2013
Bridge collapsed because it was ran into by a oversize truck. It could have happened anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA by solotutu(m): 12:15am On May 25, 2013
[color=#000099][/color] what a pity and disgrace to US of A...imagine this happening ere...just picture all d blame,d curses n tlks ppl wud shower on d government...dat dey embezzled d money meant for maintenance...now no be brigde colapse in US of A? Obama too dey steal! All of em
Re: Bridge Collapses In Washington State, USA by ezehr(m): 3:28am On May 25, 2013
If Achebe was here, he would have written "there was a bridge that fell apart"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Monkey In Coat Storms Toronto Department Store / Rapist Cries In Court After Victim Describes His PENIS As "TINY" / Ugandan Lawmakers Exchange Blows Over Bill Extending The 31 Year Rule Of Museven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.