Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,228 members, 7,842,631 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG (7928 Views)

States Internally Generated Revenue: See How Much Your State Generates. / Electricity Generation Rises Again To 4,656 Megawatts / Nigeria To Generate 7,000 Megawatts Of Electricity By 2014 - NERC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by 76Naira(m): 1:46pm On May 24, 2013
Here we go again - DMX
Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by ABAKA72(m): 1:55pm On May 24, 2013
Harwo: ...promises upon promises and each time, the set date is usually "by December"...I should have been born in Las Vegas, not in Ibadan.
Eyaa sorry, no be person do you, just take your case to Baba God.
Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by Babalegba(m): 2:07pm On May 24, 2013
Did the article say 10,000 microwatts or 10,000 megawatts. Nigerian leaders and their shameless habit of lying through their teeth.

1 Like

Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by olabode89(m): 2:24pm On May 24, 2013
Hmmmm.....

4 Likes

Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by Dansalau: 3:16pm On May 24, 2013
Empty promises again,,,,,,,,,,
Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by confusion247(m): 3:30pm On May 24, 2013
Demdem: This is the kind of confusion we get when retardd continues to govern.
Please blame OBASANJO for the current bad situation been faced as far as electricity is concerned in Nigeria. Jonathan have achieved a lot in power sector within three years in power when compared to Obasanjo's eight years that spent 16 billion dollars without anything to show for it.

2 Likes

Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by Ademab(m): 3:55pm On May 24, 2013
The post says Dec without the year. December of which year? Same way jonathan promised to end boko haram by june (that was last year o)
Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by fasbat(m): 5:21pm On May 24, 2013
WHAT ELSE SHLD WE ADD? I THINK D PPLE MAKING THESE REMARKS ARE INSULTING OUR SENSIBILITIES,ARE THEY NOT TIRED OF DS NONSENSE PLEDGE? SYRIA IN CIVIL WAR STILL GENERATE 40,000 MEGAWATTS,MTCHEW...
Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by AZeD1(m): 5:45pm On May 24, 2013
I'm not going to believe this report until insincere Nigerian confirms it.
Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by victorious1986: 5:46pm On May 24, 2013
Pukkah: This type of promise or target is not new.

They should tell us what will happen to the people making the promise if the target is not met. Will anybody be sacked?
GBAM!!! if a particular sect is used as skape goat..
Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by najoke: 8:43pm On May 24, 2013
where is that dude that is always boasting of electricity in is area is 24/7......where is he....is it not Okijajuju
Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by badesco(m): 9:13pm On May 24, 2013
That is impossible and a blatant lie. we have such in the past and nothing happens.
Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by subtle009(m): 3:05pm On May 25, 2013
Another promise!!!

Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by egregous: 8:22pm On May 25, 2013
24 May 2013, Abuja – Minister of State for Power, Hajia Zainab Kuchi, has made a u-turn on her declaration before a committee of the Senate earlier this week that the nation would achieve 10,000 megawatts, mw, in power generation by December this year.

The minister said she was misquoted and that the 10,000mw target would only be feasible by 2014.

Disassociating herself from the alleged declaration at the Senate, Kuchi told journalists in Abuja: “With the processes that we have put in place, the statistics available to us, and the efforts at reforming the Transmission Company of Nigeria, TCN, we will achieve 10,000mw by December next year.
Though we are generating up to 7000mw of electricity currently, we are only able to wheel 4000mw because of our poor transmission network.

“By 2014, we will be able to wheel 10,000mw, by which time the National Integrated Power Project, NIPP, plants would have come on stream.”

She maintained that the privatisation programme for the Power Holding Company of Nigeria, PHCN, was on course and that the PHCN power plants would be handed over to the new owners by July, as government was currently sorting out pending severance packages of electricity workers.

The minister added: “The claim that the Minister of State for Power said the generation and distribution companies that were bided for last year could not be handed over to successful bidders because the companies were currently not in good shape is also not accurate.

“In fact, at a recent Presidential Power Signing Summit, several agreements on vesting contracts and gas supply agreements were signed with preferred bidders.

“The preferred bidders, who were fully aware of the status of the companies, expressed total confidence in the privatisation programme and were particularly eager to take over the companies having paid the initial 25 per cent of the bid price.

“So, the statement made by me was that government intends to conclude the fulfillment of the terms of agreement reached with Labour before the handing over to the preferred bides, with a handover timeline of July ending.”

http://sweetcrudereports.com/2013/05/24/10000mw-power-target-not-achievable-till-december-2014-minister/
Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by Demdem(m): 5:10pm On May 26, 2013
confusion247:
Please blame OBASANJO for the current bad situation been faced as far as electricity is concerned in Nigeria. Jonathan have achieved a lot in power sector within three years in power when compared to Obasanjo's eight years that spent 16 billion dollars without anything to show for it.

i careless about OBJ however part of the 16billion dollars u made mention of is part of what was spent on these new power stations u all are now crediting to the retardeen.
OBJ is no more in power, good riddance however my complete blame so far will go to the current leader who has the power to effect change.
I am moved by results and what i see and not paper progress being advertised daily.
Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by saleskara: 9:43am On May 27, 2013
Power generation projects are always laudable. The challenge is that the rate at which the new plants are built compared to the rate at which existing ones breakdown

is too small.
For a business or home user Inverters work well when PHCN fails you. Though you would require to charge you battery with electricity supply or a generator or solar

panels

http://www.kara.com.ng/generators/ when they run down. for more on inverters and pricing that we have to offer http://www.kara.com.ng/inverter-system/
our contact is http://www.kara.com.ng/contact-us/

There are reliable brands of generators from SUmec and Thermocool or TEC. Sumec has a lower entry cost than TEC. for more details please visit

http://www.kara.com.ng/generators/ A promo is on until 14th June (5% off selected items) Promo code or Coupon is "5PHOME". use it at checkout or contact us
Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by Pukkah: 12:49pm On Jul 23, 2013
What's the update on this? This is the 3rd quarter of the year. December is almost here.

How many megawatts do we have on ground? What's the percentage achievement?

We all know the importance of power to the economy. For the unachieved part, how many people have been fired?
Re: 10,000 Megawatts To Be Generated By Dec – FG by omenka(m): 1:40pm On Jul 23, 2013
simply_me:

I wonder if anyone still reads what you write. LOL.

The "Likes" tell the story. Sure u arnt too daft to understand that now are you?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku: I Don’t Think APC Will Survive After 2023 / Updates: Lagos Light Rail (pics) / OSUMENYI Town......politics And Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.