Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,250 members, 7,815,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him (6074 Views)

Photos : Pope Francis Bursts Into Laughter As He Meets Baby Dressed Like Him / God Forgives Us Anytime We Ask For Mercy. How True Is This? / How Do You Know When God Speaks To You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by sunkoye: 1:01pm On May 26, 2013
God forgives bt u still feel his rod at ur back....He does nt want u to get spoilt tho!
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by bigiyaro(m): 1:16pm On May 26, 2013
Forgiveness makes u a demi god but to forget makes you a slowpoke
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by Caracta(f): 1:20pm On May 26, 2013
Na wa for these atheists o. They would have been banned if it were the islamic section. But here? Nah...
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by yertyr(m): 1:31pm On May 26, 2013
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by Agimor(m): 1:45pm On May 26, 2013
God forgive and for get.but nemesis will surely catch up with the culprit.
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by Sike(m): 1:47pm On May 26, 2013
God himself knows that I'm trying but, it's ...Easier said than Done
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by walexybaba(m): 2:05pm On May 26, 2013
I strongly believe God forgives but doesn't 4get: he says a Sinner will Never go unpunished, even if u escape d punishment: ur kids and family will not
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by idris4r83(m): 2:06pm On May 26, 2013
2 Forget is human, God forgives but He never Forgets
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by Originalsly: 2:06pm On May 26, 2013
Mr Bible Study Coach....to say what God would do and wouldn't do...what He remembers and what He would forget....is this not blasphemy? ...judging God? Not everyone that mention God is of God...is for us to discern.
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by OlufemiAbbey(m): 2:19pm On May 26, 2013
To The Owner of Nairaland - Seun.
Firstly, I'll say kudos to the good job you've been doing here, bring people together to share their thoughts on informative, educative and instructive topics. God bless you.

However, this I have against you:
You put out so many rules to serve as guidelines on how we're to comport and moderate ourselves here but you never gave an exception that, when it comes to addressing God, there is an exception. All in the name of driving traffic here and yes, making money, you allow people talk to God anyhow without banning them--after all, they're responsible for whatever they say, let God Himself judge them. You're wrong!

You own the site. So, that makes you responsible for whatever people say. You're abetting slander/blasphemy against God by keeping quiet while some ingrate who call themselves atheists, mock and ridicule God all in the name of expressing their opinion.

The first person you ought to reverence here is God! If people abuse themselves or say dirty things, they're banned immediately; but if the same people slander/blaspheme God, you treat them like heroes. God is watching.

As for the topic, the human brain is a faculty that never forgets. The term 'forget' only becomes real and applicable when we fail to react, negatively, to whosoever has wronged us before; thus the term "forgive and forget."

1 Like

Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by logica(m): 2:35pm On May 26, 2013
Olu'femi Abbey:
Firstly, I'll say kudos to the good job you've been doing here, bring people together to share their thoughts on informative, educative and instructive topics. God bless you.

You put out so many rules to serve as guidelines on how we're to comport and moderate ourselves here but you never gave an exception that, when it comes to addressing God, there is an exception. All in the name of driving traffic here and yes, making money, you allow people talk to God anyhow without banning them--after all, they're responsible for whatever they say, let God Himself judge them. You're wrong!

You own the site. So, that makes you responsible for whatever people say. You're abetting slander/blasphemy against God by keeping quiet while some ingrate who call themselves atheists, mock and ridicule God all in the name of expressing their opinion.

The first person you ought to reverence here is God! If people abuse themselves or say dirty things, they're banned immediately; but if the same people slander/blaspheme God, you treat them like heroes. God is watching.

As for the topic, the human brain is a faculty that never forgets. The term 'forget' only becomes real and applicable when we fail to react, negatively, to whosoever has wronged us before; thus the term "forgive and forget."
Ogbeni so nu jo...

1 Like

Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 26, 2013
190:

slap angry angry

yourself jor! angry angry
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 26, 2013
Olu'femi Abbey:

so, what is difference btw this dude and average muslims that will behead you if you say anything against their god. Is it a must to believe your god and not insult whoever i wanted?
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by OlufemiAbbey(m): 3:10pm On May 26, 2013
9jadelta: so, what is difference btw this dude and average muslims that will behead you if you say anything against their god. Is it a must to believe your god and not insult whoever i wanted?

Is it a must to say anything about the God you don't know? Why not leave it outrightly, since you don't believe in His existence? The fact that you're even talking about Him connotes that you sure know He exists but you're struggling with your ego in admitting it. I mean no offence, leave the God of Heaven to His worshippers, say nothing about Him, since you don't know Him. I'm no God-voltron, fighting for Him. I'm just saving you unnecessary stress. Whenever you see any topic about Him, ignore it outrightly.
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by tunapawizzy: 3:14pm On May 26, 2013
TOO BAD I'M NOT GOD,,,,BEING LIKE HIM IS BEYOND ME
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by moneyhungry(m): 3:31pm On May 26, 2013
Olu'femi Abbey:

SEUN: Please, to avoid beheading: try n hide whenever you see this Guy^^^. he is sounding like a 'religion of PEACE' member oh.
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by Bluediamond1(f): 3:36pm On May 26, 2013
OP i strongly disagree with you on this;God forgives but does not forget.for refernce Ps 99:8 thou answeredst them,O Lord our God,thou was a God that forgavest them,though thou tookest vegeance of their inventions.

1 Like

Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by kevoh(m): 3:57pm On May 26, 2013
Imanuelle:

all about the money. not even about how many got inspired!

story has little or nothing to do with forgiveness!
My exact thoughts! All about the money undecided .
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by Dubby6(m): 4:31pm On May 26, 2013
NoProphecy: Your god "forgives" only if you submit, beg, grovel and obey. If you do not, you will suffer "for eternity." This is not exactly forgiving and forgetting and not an example that I would recommend to anyone. I do agree that it is good to let go of petty feelings resulting from past events. However, as stated above, some things should not be forgotten, otherwise we fall victim to them repeatedly.

Am pretty sure ure a big fool do u 4give sm1 hu doesn't admit hiz rong/sori??...my guy abeg wisen up and start living cos ure a dead man
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by graphicsplay: 4:40pm On May 26, 2013
sidespin:

Eve is in HEAVEN. They were forgiven by God. After they fell, they started learning how to walk with God. With time they developed in that. You make sure you are Born Again n get to that Planet Heaven, I assure you that U 'll see Eve there. She's enjoying Heaven I tell U. I can't wait to meet her there.

Please, if thou maketh heaven and thou beholdeth Mummy Eve, never start the blame game on her for whatever hardship you and I might have passed through in these plain or planet called Earth. Surely she must have been through a lot of troubles in that their stone age era grin grin
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by logica(m): 5:39pm On May 26, 2013
Olu'femi Abbey:

The fact that you're even talking about Him connotes that you sure know He exists but you're struggling with your ego in admitting it.
Brilliant! The fact that we talk about Alice in Wonderland and fairies mean they exist. Logic at its peak.
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 26, 2013
According to the christian horror stories,this same loving God throw people into hell; and yet he forgives. Doesn't make sense one bit! Christianity is certainly fading away.
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by OlufemiAbbey(m): 5:50pm On May 26, 2013
logica: Brilliant! The fact that we talk about Alice in Wonderland and fairies mean they exist. Logic at its peak.

You need help.
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by graphicsplay: 6:09pm On May 26, 2013
Apostle Paul once said,"whatever a man sows he reaps". King David, the man after God's heart killed his faithful soldier Urieh( forgive me if I got the name mispelt)after having unlawful s..e.x with Bathsheba, Urieh's wife. Thereafter he went ahead and married her(Bathsheba) after getting her pregnant. God through his prophet Nathan busted King David who pleaded with God for forgiveness. God forgave him but at a price, "the child must die", and it was so. "The sword shall not depart your house"

Next is Moses. He misbehaved in the wilderness and though God forgave him, he denied him access to the promised land.

Another, though many may not believe it, is Apostle Paul, who healed many but when he begged God to heal him of an ailment, God replied" my grace is enough for you". Bring to mind the number of christians martyred by barrister Saul. And the list goes on.

When we wrong others, what we do will always cry to God for vengeance (eg the blood of Abel) and you don't expect him to forgive and forget because vengeance is His . Furthermore the 'accuser of our brethren' will always table our evil deeds before God to justify his rebellion against Him.

Christ Jesus, after healing a demoniac advised him to sin no more so that nothing more evil may befall him. when we misbehave, God allows some misfortunes to befall us, either immediately or later in our lives. That's why no matter how long many a christians fast and pray, their fortunes will never be the same.

He may seem to forgive and forget because His grace is a subsidy that reduces the effects of what we negatively reap.
Crucify me not for my opinions because E DON TEE WEE I NEVER ENTER CHURCH grin grin
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by sidespin: 6:15pm On May 26, 2013
Mad Cow: God forgave Eve yet kept her punishment for all generations unborn.

God forgave the Children of Israel yet kept them in the wilderness till all the adults died in the dessert.

Funny story!

Guy, its not like that. U'll chose where U 'll spend eternity. That choice is yours to make - to be with the Great God Jehovah or with Lucifer forever n ever. Make d right my guy. God doesn't force anyone. He's very very patient.
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by graphicsplay: 6:16pm On May 26, 2013
logica: Brilliant! The fact that we talk about Alice in Wonderland and fairies mean they exist. Logic at its peak.

LOL grin grin
I absolve you of thy blasphemous sins. For thy penance, say three....... grin grin grin
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by sidespin: 6:21pm On May 26, 2013
graphicsplay: Apostle Paul once said,"whatever a man sows he reaps". King David, the man after God's heart killed his faithful soldier Urieh( forgive me if I got the name mispelt)after having unlawful s..e.x with Bathsheba, Urieh's wife. Thereafter he went ahead and married her(Bathsheba) after getting her pregnant. God through his prophet Nathan busted King David who pleaded with God for forgiveness. God forgave him but at a price, "the child must die", and it was so. "The sword shall not depart your house"

Next is Moses. He misbehaved in the wilderness and though God forgave him, he denied him access to the promised land.

Another, though many may not believe it, is Apostle Paul, who healed many but when he begged God to heal him of an ailment, God replied" my grace is enough for you". Bring to mind the number of christians martyred by barrister Saul. And the list goes on.

When we wrong others, what we do will always cry to God for vengeance (eg the blood of Abel) and you don't expect him to forgive and forget because vengeance is His . Furthermore the 'accuser of our brethren' will always table our evil deeds before God to justify his rebellion against Him.

Christ Jesus, after healing a demoniac advised him to sin no more so that nothing more evil may befall him. when we misbehave, God allows some misfortunes to befall us, either immediately or later in our lives. That's why no matter how long many a christians fast and pray, their fortunes will never be the same.

He may seem to forgive and forget because His grace is a subsidy that reduces the effects of what we negatively reap.
Crucify me not for my opinions because E DON TEE WEE I NEVER ENTER CHURCH grin grin

The Apostle Paul was not sick with physical ailment. There was a particular man who persecuted Paul terribly. He wanted to see the end of Paul - not sickness. Paul was BEYOND sickness like His Master Jesus. U can grow to that Level.
If God says, "You sins and iniquity I will remember NO MORE" who are we to doubt that? He's God Almighty. He's not a man. Our brains are too small to figure Him.
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by graphicsplay: 6:21pm On May 26, 2013
ifeness: According to the christian horror stories,this same loving God throw people into hell; and yet he forgives. Doesn't make sense one bit! Christianity is certainly fading away.

My child, your sins are forgiven you. Go and speak (pardon me), sin no more! grin grin
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by sidespin: 6:29pm On May 26, 2013
ifeness: According to the christian horror stories,this same loving God throw people into hell; and yet he forgives. Doesn't make sense one bit! Christianity is certainly fading away.

HELL was made by My Father God to punish Satan n those Demons that broke the Laws of Heaven. That punishment well spelt was eternal damnation in The Bottomless Pit. Now, u can chose to spend eternity with Satan if u love him n SIN that much or u can chose to go to where Satan was driven away from ie - HEAVEN. God has done all He's supposed to do n beyond. Check ur internet and see scientific proof of Heaven n Hell. My love, pls chose wisely. Eternity is not something to GAMBLE with. What if I'm right? - think about it
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by graphicsplay: 6:29pm On May 26, 2013
sidespin:

The Apostle Paul was not sick with physical ailment. There was a particular man who persecuted Paul terribly. He wanted to see the end of Paul - not sickness. Paul was BEYOND sickness like His Master Jesus. U can grow to that Level.
If God says, "You sins and iniquity I will remember NO MORE" who are we to doubt that? He's God Almighty. He's not a man. Our brains are too small to figure Him.

Thanks for the correction. But I'm afraid His law that I broke few hours ago may make Him bring out my case file of zillion iniquities.
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by sidespin: 6:35pm On May 26, 2013
tunapawizzy: TOO BAD I'M NOT GOD,,,,BEING LIKE HIM IS BEYOND ME

He told us in His Word to IMITATE Him. We are His Kids. God will not tell us to do what we can't do. That will be an injustice. We can be like Him because He said so.
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by salt1: 6:50pm On May 26, 2013

Try this and see if it will make some little sense: God forgives when you sincerely (He's omniscient, right?) beg Him to. The forgetting part means He never holds it against you again (like wiping your slate clean as if you never did those horrible things). Even if you did go back to sinning again, He doesn't roll back your previous record but condemns the present one you're doing. That's fair, don't you think?

God throwing people into hell? No! Actually people choose to go there. Again some little explanation: this earth is so messed up by humans that God who created it has decided to destroy it and create a new one. Instead of creating new beings to inhabit the new earth He is making, He decides to give folks on this earth a chance of migrating to that new one. The only clause is zero sin because that's what messed up the one He plans to destroy and if it's allowed in the new one, it will destroy that one too.
How can one have zero sin? Impossible so stop struggling. Once you acknowledge my Son as Boss, He gives you power to live right and will eventually be the one to introduce you to me on your arrival.
Christianity fading away? not on your life! Thousands are finding peace and comfort in this simple message

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? / ANNUAL MFM SEVENTY(70) DAYS FASTING AND PRAYER THREAD / The TRUE PICTURE Of JESUS Christ,the Saviour Of The World, REVEALED!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.