Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,264 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him (6073 Views)

Photos : Pope Francis Bursts Into Laughter As He Meets Baby Dressed Like Him / God Forgives Us Anytime We Ask For Mercy. How True Is This? / How Do You Know When God Speaks To You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by graphicsplay: 6:53pm On May 26, 2013
sidespin:

The Apostle Paul was not sick with physical ailment. There was a particular man who persecuted Paul terribly. He wanted to see the end of Paul - not sickness. Paul was BEYOND sickness like His Master Jesus. U can grow to that Level.
If God says, "You sins and iniquity I will remember NO MORE" who are we to doubt that? He's God Almighty. He's not a man. Our brains are too small to figure Him.

Christ once said that he who "lives by the sword shall die by the sword". Is it out of place to say that God allowed Apostle Paul to face the same persecution he meted out to christians in his days as a pharisee. Apostle Paul himself unequivocally stated that a man reaps what he sows.
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by seguun(m): 7:35pm On May 26, 2013
sidespin:

Because He is God that's Y He can chose to forget. There's none like Him. All U've ever said n done are recorded in the Great Room of Record which is half d size of this earth. In d end, after all d judgments, God will cast the Great Room of Records into the Sea of Forgetfulness. The whole of the Planet Heaven will move into Eternity as God will take us to show us where He, Jesus n d Holy Spirit came from. Guy, U don't need to miss this Great event. If U eVer see this Great God Jehovah, ur knees will buckle. The only God who died for His worshipper - what love!
Eeeh!! eh!!! grin grin
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 26, 2013
sidespin:

Because He is God that's Y He can chose to forget. There's none like Him. All U've ever said n done are recorded in the Great Room of Record which is half d size of this earth. In d end, after all d judgments, God will cast the Great Room of Records into the Sea of Forgetfulness. The whole of the Planet Heaven will move into Eternity as God will take us to show us where He, Jesus n d Holy Spirit came from. Guy, U don't need to miss this Great event. If U eVer see this Great God Jehovah, ur knees will buckle. The only God who died for His worshipper - what love!

Jehovah did not die for his worshippers. And I assume you are talking about Jesus whom is refered to as the christ. Note;
A. He said he is not God Almighty Jehovah.
B. He was murdered.His purpose for coming was to bring the new way to God in his messages.The Teachers of the law did not like his message.He was murdered.
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by Larrey(f): 8:12pm On May 26, 2013
We can neva be like GOD
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by sidespin: 8:28pm On May 26, 2013
dabriggs:

Jehovah did not die for his worshippers. And I assume you are talking about Jesus whom is refered to as the christ. Note;
B. He was murdered.His purpose for coming was to bring the new way to God in his messages.The Teachers of the law did not like his message.He was murdered.

He laid down His Life. He made that very clear. He was unkillable since He committed NO sin. He was The Sacrifice. what do you think LORD means in the Scripture which says, 'If you confess that Jesus Christ is Lord...' Jesus was not among those that could be murdered. He was their very LIFE. He is your LIFE!
JESUS is the power behind the pumping of blood in your heart. One day you will find out.
Jesus is the Life in all of CREATION. If Jesus closes His eyes, the WHOLE WORLD will go dark. He never thought it was rubbery to be EQUAL WITH GOD ALMIGHTY. They are co=equal. He's the very Son of the Almighty. What a Beauty He is. You know Him with your spirit not with your head. If you ever see Him, you'll be transformed for life.
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by sidespin: 8:35pm On May 26, 2013
graphicsplay:

Christ once said that he who "lives by the sword shall die by the sword". Is it out of place to say that God allowed Apostle Paul to face the same persecution he meted out to christians in his days as a pharisee. Apostle Paul himself unequivocally stated that a man reaps what he sows.

I want you to know that as a Pharesee, Paul was blameless. He was a sincere follower. when persecuting Christians, he thought he was doing the right thing - like many today. The Apostle Paul a material from beginning. He learnt meditating 7 verses of the Tora daily from the age of 3 or 5. Christ needed a germ like that to demonstrate LONGSUFFERING. A very good example that will let us know that that life was not exclusive to Him alone. That is Y Paul could boldly tell to FOLLOW HIM AS HE FOLLOWED CHRIST. God doesn't punish like that - though sin has consequences. He doesn't punish our present with our past. But if some one steal and accept Christ, he could still goto jail.
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by toshmann(m): 9:15pm On May 26, 2013
Lai-Lai angry

You want me to forgive all those babes wey no gree give me the "thing"? No way angry

There's only one way to forgive, they had better come and give me what they owe me o

Nonsense! Forgive ko forgive ni angry
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by Ptoocool(m): 10:28pm On May 26, 2013
God forgives i dont..
In other words, retaliation is a must..
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by Nobody: 12:15am On May 27, 2013
Olu'femi Abbey:

Is it a must to say anything about the God you don't know? Why not leave it outrightly, since you don't believe in His existence? The fact that you're even talking about Him connotes that you sure know He exists but you're struggling with your ego in admitting it. I mean no offence, leave the God of Heaven to His worshippers, say nothing about Him, since you don't know Him. I'm no God-voltron, fighting for Him. I'm just saving you unnecessary stress. Whenever you see any topic about Him, ignore it outrightly.
heheheheh omo see nagging with bad logic. the fact that i talk about santa every year means he exist? if i cannot talk about god what is the purpose of his existence to you then? grin
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by Nobody: 7:10am On May 27, 2013
sidespin:

oga is there a biblical proof for these stories ? ur religion is shiooor
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by Nobody: 7:21am On May 27, 2013
Olu'femi Abbey:
To The Owner of Nairaland - Seun.
Firstly, I'll say kudos to the good job you've been doing here, bring people together to share their thoughts on informative, educative and instructive topics. God bless you.

However, this I have against you:
You put out so many rules to serve as guidelines on how we're to comport and moderate ourselves here but you never gave an exception that, when it comes to addressing God, there is an exception. All in the name of driving traffic here and yes, making money, you allow people talk to God anyhow without banning them--after all, they're responsible for whatever they say, let God Himself judge them. You're wrong!

You own the site. So, that makes you responsible for whatever people say. You're abetting slander/blasphemy against God by keeping quiet while some ingrate who call themselves atheists, mock and ridicule God all in the name of expressing their opinion.

The first person you ought to reverence here is God! If people abuse themselves or say dirty things, they're banned immediately; but if the same people slander/blaspheme God, you treat them like heroes. God is watching.

As for the topic, the human brain is a faculty that never forgets. The term 'forget' only becomes real and applicable when we fail to react, negatively, to whosoever has wronged us before; thus the term "forgive and forget."
....freedom of speach........christians also comes to islamic section to insu.ts Allah while forgeting that Allah is Just an arabic word for Almighty God so advice ur Xtian folks b4 attacking. the atheists....shiooorr

1 Like

Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by noblefada: 8:08am On May 27, 2013
Blue diamond: OP i strongly disagree with you on this;God forgives but does not forget.for refernce Ps 99:8 thou answeredst them,O Lord our God,thou was a God that forgavest them,though thou tookest vegeance of their inventions.
It beats me each time I see a lot of ignorance on display esp from xtians. Pls if you don't know much abt a subject, why not try I find out or ask people who well knowledgeable or better still be silent rather than make un-intelligent utterances.
Listen all of you God forgives and forget sins and He chose to do so in Christ Jesus. In Christ all ur sins are forgiven & wiped out, Yes a wiped clean like a slate. 2 Cor 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Heb 8:10-12 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11: And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12: For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
So any man born again has no remembrance of sins before God because of the blood of Jesus!
2Cor 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
Let me say these categorically to the every xtian, atheist or anyone who cares to listen: God will not punish or send anybody to hell because of their sins no but a man will go to hell because he refuse to accept the forgiveness which is in Christ!

1 Like

Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by noblefada: 8:37am On May 27, 2013
graphicsplay:

You're so so wrong bro/sis, what bible are u reading? God forgave Paul and never punished him for anything he did! hear what he said
1Tim 1:12-16 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;
13: Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.
14: And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
15: This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief
16: Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
And again in his final words to the Corinthians he writes
2Co 7:1-2 Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
2: Receive us; we have wronged no man, we have corrupted no man, we have defrauded no man. Also read 2 cor 15:8-10
So pls get ur facts right!
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by Adwexky(m): 8:56am On May 27, 2013
Evil Brain: How can an all knowing god forget?

Your religion don't make no sense.
You should go through again,Seems you dont fathom the write-up. God is all-knowing; I sincerely agree. When He forgives, He still know but HE IGNORES/OVERLOOKS it.
CHRISTIANITY IS SO SIMPLE TO THE PRUDENT BUT DOES'NT MAKE ANY SENSE TO THE UNWISE.

Best Religion To We The Wise.
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by Adwexky(m): 9:02am On May 27, 2013
dabriggs:

If you believe in trinity you would not propose the afore statements. John 10:30 -''I and My FATHER are one.
Read Your Bible daily and Grow daily.
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by noblefada: 9:07am On May 27, 2013
dabriggs:

Hey Jesus was not murdered but he laid down himself willingly! Pls go and read the bible more, His death was prophesied in the OT, depicted in the sacrifices that were offered. Jesus himself said in the Joh 10:17-18 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. 18: No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father. Again he said in John15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Read also Luke 24:13-32; Matt 20:28; 1 Tim 2:3-6.
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by abu0710102013: 12:36pm On May 27, 2013
christains always make me laugh, when they give blasphemous atributes to the almighty God. ao can u just say God 4gets just like humans pls read isaiah 40 vs 18 and 25"to whom will u compare to the almighty God"
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by abu0710102013: 12:37pm On May 27, 2013
wc sacrifice u better go and read the bible well
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by NoProphecy: 1:28pm On May 27, 2013
ijawkid: Why can't atheists and confused ones alike just try to understand that when it is said God forgets it does not mean he runs short of memory or suddenly develops amnesia and so can't actually remember the sins one has committed.......

What theists and confused ones alike fail to understand is that unless an act has a real, direct, measurable and positive impact on the lives of currently or future living beings, non-believers will not (& should not) value it. It does not help when the words from your god are not even followed by him. Nothing demonstrates an inability to "forgive & forget" greater than torturing people forever.

1 Like

Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by SpicyMimi(f): 6:16pm On May 27, 2013
FOLYKAZE: God does not forgive and does not forget the sin of Satan.

# in Rick Ross voice: God forgive I dont
Because satan refused to apologdise.
Re: When God Forgives, He Forgets: Be Like Him by NoProphecy: 8:49pm On May 27, 2013
SpicyMimi:
Because satan refused to apologdise.

Yes. If you submit, beg, grovel and obey you will be forgiven. It is pointless to tell people to "Be Like Him." Almost everyone (non-god) is already like him. They will forgive/forget when confronted with slavish submission, constant begging (for forgiveness), shameless groveling and blind obedience.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God / Please Strong Christians What's The Meaning Of This Dream / Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.