Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,362 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

The Islamization Of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Islamization Of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. (3109 Views)

A Shiite Member Shot At Ahmadu Bello University Zaria - Saharareporters / Twinkle Star Protests At The House Of Ahmadu Ali / The Delusion Of Grandeur Of Ahmadu Bello At Independence In 1960 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Islamization Of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. by Nobody: 12:49pm On May 24, 2013
Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria used to pride itself as a mini Nigeria with wide spread of representation both in student population and the composition of its workforce. But this is no longer the case. Through a delebrate action plan, there has been over the years a gradual replacement of the christian lecturers with muslims who are most often less qualify. The high standard of admissiom requirement which ABU was known for has today been thrown away to pave way for sons of the soil. the impact of all these is that today you have graduate of the school was can barely write an application letter.

Most christian lecturers that were laid off were victims of set up. The only catholic church in Kongo campus of the school was demolished and turned to car park! Recently the VC was quoted as saying no church will ever be allowed in the school.

Now, if we remember that this is a federal university funded with oil money from the ND, sited in kaduna state that is made of equal citizen spread of both christian and muslims and with a catchment area covering mainly the Middle belt states...you will then see the injustice of all these. Whatever happen to fderal character?

1 Like

Re: The Islamization Of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. by Nobody: 1:21pm On May 24, 2013
oxford: Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria used to pride itself as a mini Nigeria with wide spread of representation both in student population and the composition of its workforce. But this is no longer the case. Through a delebrate action plan, there has been over the years a gradual replacement of the christian lecturers with muslims who are most often less qualify. The high standard of admissiom requirement which ABU was known for has today been thrown away to pave way for sons of the soil. the impact of all these is that today you have graduate of the school was can barely write an application letter.

Most christian lecturers that were laid off were victims of set up. The only catholic church in Kongo campus of the school was demolished and turned to car park! Recently the VC was quoted as saying no church will ever be allowed in the school.

Now, if we remember that this is a federal university funded with oil money from the ND, sited in kaduna state that is made of equal citizen spread of both christian and muslims and with a catchment area covering mainly the Middle belt states...you will then see the injustice of all these. Whatever happen to fderal character?
How many northern lecturers are in unn. You keep poking your noses everywhere

3 Likes

Re: The Islamization Of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 24, 2013
Obiagelli:

Am talking about Christian lecturers being victimazed. Am not talking about southern or northern lecturers

2 Likes

Re: The Islamization Of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 24, 2013
oxford:

Am talking about Christian lecturers being victimazed. Am not talking about southern or northern lecturers
My friend quit the hate and how many Muslim lecturers are in unn or imsu, everyone does these things in Nigeria so don't attempt to paint others black.

3 Likes

Re: The Islamization Of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 24, 2013
Double post
Re: The Islamization Of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. by FiftyFifty(m): 2:06pm On May 24, 2013
ABU Zaria is still a mini Nigeria where u have pple from everywhere & I mean everywhere. U may not understand ds fully until u find urself in institutions like UNN, UNIBEN, UNIJOS to mention but a few. Infact Muslims ar tolerant far mor than other religions when it comes to issues like d one u raised.

1 Like

Re: The Islamization Of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 24, 2013
Fifty-Fifty:
ABU Zaria is still a mini Nigeria where u have pple from everywhere & I mean everywhere. U may not understand ds fully until u find urself in institutions like UNN, UNIBEN, UNIJOS to mention but a few. Infact Muslims ar tolerant far mor than other religions when it comes to issues like d one u raised.
Exactly, I hate it when people are just being hypocritical just to prove a religious or tribal point.

1 Like

Re: The Islamization Of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. by donchris999: 2:50pm On May 24, 2013
Eggheaders. Hahahahaha! Ask me how? Nairaland has too watch it ooo. Impersonation of tribes and gender only misleads people.
Obiagelli:
Exactly, I hate it when people are just being hypocritical just to prove a religious or tribal point.

1 Like

Re: The Islamization Of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. by donchris999: 2:51pm On May 24, 2013
Eggheaders. Hahahahaha! Ask me how i know this? Nairaland has too watch it ooo. Impersonation of tribes and gender only misleads people.
Obiagelli:
Re: The Islamization Of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. by donchris999: 2:54pm On May 24, 2013
Eggheaders. Hahahahaha! Ask me how i knew this? Nairaland has too watch it ooo. Impersonation of tribes and gender only misleads people.
Obiagelli:
Re: The Islamization Of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. by donchris999: 2:57pm On May 24, 2013
Eggheaders. Hahahahaha! Ask me how i gat to know this? Nairaland has too watch it ooo. Impersonation of tribes and gender only misleads people.
Obiagelli:
Re: The Islamization Of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 24, 2013
[size=14pt] Errm... Miss Obia-go-chop! tongue Maybe you should re-read the post again... It's about religion and not tribe/ethnic group.
[/size]

Obiagelli:
Re: The Islamization Of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. by alkadriyar(m): 3:05pm On May 24, 2013
@ Op
gbe enu buruku e lo jor.
Hw many northern lecturers ar in UNN? Hw many ar in UNILag? Simple questions. U ar your problems.
Re: The Islamization Of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. by Awake9ja(m): 3:38pm On May 24, 2013
I love ibos and yorubas alike but why is yorubas always pick offence with ibos in any smallthing.

This poster did not mention region noe tribe but our yoruba bro has tried to turn the dscusion into ibo vs yoruba isdue.
How did he know where the poster is coming from. Too many times i have been called ibo just bcus i disagree wit our yoruba bros.

I dsagree a lot wit our ibo bros too. Infact yorubas keep making me to dislike them by the day, sorry for that.

Lets unite
Re: The Islamization Of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. by Awake9ja(m): 3:44pm On May 24, 2013
If there are no or few muslim lecturers in SE state unis i wil be suprise since the society there is almost 99.8% christians.

In my home state of benue we are about 70% - 30% christians vs muslim.

Kaduna state is home of 50 50% christian and muslim ok.
Therefore there must be equal or slite mix up in lecturers.
Re: The Islamization Of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 3:53pm On May 24, 2013
Some people are just too stu pid,abu is still d only uni in 9ja were there is no discrimimation.The church in Kongo campus is bigger than d mosque.And we do no have mosque 4 shia muslims also,in kongo,they use the sunni mosque,why can't d catholic also use d church,it's big enough 4 both of them.And to say,there is no xtian lecturers in abu,that is just a lie.

2 Likes

Re: The Islamization Of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. by lacasa: 4:26pm On May 24, 2013
Ibrahim mr fish: Some people are just too stu pid,abu is still d only uni in 9ja were there is no discrimimation.The church in Kongo campus is bigger than d mosque.And we do no have mosque 4 shia muslims also,in kongo,they use the sunni mosque,why can't d catholic also use d church,it's big enough 4 both of them.And to say,there is no xtian lecturers in abu,that is just a lie.

Thank you.

Can any other federal. University boast of this level of tolerance?

Innfact, if they call it islamization, ​ so​ be it.

Other federal uni's have been christianized since they were established.

#... Ever loyal Abusite! cool

3 Likes

Re: The Islamization Of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. by MeAboki(m): 4:30pm On May 24, 2013
Another big lie that the university was built with ND oil money, when in fact it was commissioned in the 1960s by the then Northern Regional government and named after the Premiere (Sarduana) with ground nut money to educate northerners.

4 Likes

Re: The Islamization Of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. by Missonas(f): 4:40pm On May 24, 2013
Op aw true is dis cos ABU is a sch that embraces all and i loved it there.there used 2be a catholic church ryt there in d main campus at samaru and also other churches too lyk d one beside amina hostel.in my dept we had so many christian lecturers as well and i heard they are still 'running things' lol.lyk dumoye,paul iza,kaouje etc (cept those thatz passed on).An abusite is 'always ahead'!

1 Like

Re: The Islamization Of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 24, 2013
Ive heard alot about tribalism in Abu and the denial of land space for xtain churches. ive nt been to d skul buh here in UNN we have a big mosque for all muslims. even One of my Pharmacy lecturers is a dedicated muslim. so dont talk about intolerance in Unn, tribalism doesnt exist here. muslims and Xtains have a fair share and theres peaceful coexistence between the two.
Re: The Islamization Of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 24, 2013
donchris999: Eggheaders. Hahahahaha! Ask me how? Nairaland has too watch it ooo. Impersonation of tribes and gender only misleads people.
You can seem to have a sensible discussion, last week I was Desola, today I am egg header. Smh
Re: The Islamization Of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. by atumomo(f): 5:10pm On May 24, 2013
@ oga OP abeg no dey say wetin you no sure of. I graduated last year from ABU and in my class of 109 students we were only 20 muslims and 90% of my lectures were xtains. Pls stop trying to contribute to this muslim vs christain issues I beg of you,it doesn't speak well of you as an educated person.
Re: The Islamization Of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 24, 2013
atumomo: @ oga OP abeg no dey say wetin you no sure of. I graduated last year from ABU and in my class of 109 students we were only 20 muslims and 90% of my lectures were xtains. Pls stop trying to contribute to this muslim vs christain issues I beg of you,it doesn't speak well of you as an educated person.
Gbam
Re: The Islamization Of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. by abuda(m): 5:23pm On May 24, 2013
@OP I will find it difficult to believe that you are an Abusite. It's not in our character to spread hatred or attach sentiments to issues whether of religion, tribe, or gender as Abusites. We live as one and study as one.
A.B.U. Zaria remains the only Federal Univerity in Nigeria that still offer admission to the diversed citizens of this country. Infact in my class, there are 46 christian students against 42 muslims. As for staff(academic and non-academic) in my department, 19 christains against 16 muslims.

So I am not sure where you get your news of christian lecturers being replaced by muslims, because currently I am not aware of any replacement or anything of such. And be careful as to the kind of comment you make in public places, because such has the potential of disintegrating us as a unit.

It's high time as a people we ignore sentiments to give way for nation building if really we want a better future for generations to come.

I was an UG student now a PG student of the University

2 Likes

Re: The Islamization Of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. by donchris999: 5:37pm On May 24, 2013
Obiagelli:
You can seem to have a sensible discussion, last week I was Desola, today I am egg header. Smh
Re: The Islamization Of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. by donchris999: 5:38pm On May 24, 2013
Look at eggheaders spewing thrash. Me discuss federal character in a university kwa. Joke of the century. Mtcheew
Obiagelli:
Re: The Islamization Of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. by alkonami(m): 5:40pm On May 24, 2013
The Op was jst seeking for attention.. I am sure d Op is a jambite.. His foot has neva stepped in2 dt great college.. He is just another religious bigot..
Abu is d only uni dt stil try to follow d federal xter in ol its doing..

Op if na admission u nid jst talk oo
Re: The Islamization Of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. by dridowu: 6:25pm On May 24, 2013
@op, any1 can write d opposite of ur write up against any federal uni in south. Pls bro next time write sensibly.

(1) (Reply)

FFK Blasts Buhari / APC:Fashola And Tinubu Displaying 1st Class Hypocrisy And Cowardice Here (pics) / Buhari Refusal To Participate In Debate Shocks Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.