Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election (25126 Views)

Governors Reject Death Penalty For Looters / Southeast Governors Reject Transfer Of Boko Haram Suspects To Anambra / Governors Reject Autonomy For Local Government Councils (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election by dan55: 3:10am On May 25, 2013
gosh
Re: PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election by chxe: 3:43am On May 25, 2013
make una no vex oh.. can someone please explain to me what the common man and nigerians in general gain from this their NGF.. what are the benefits?

2 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election by mathskill: 3:53am On May 25, 2013
I just hope it stops at that and they won't go further by killing Amaechi
Re: PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election by Nobody: 4:47am On May 25, 2013
I thought Peter Obi is still mourning Achebe. Na only mourning clothes he sabi wear undecided
Re: PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election by ManOfThePeople(m): 5:02am On May 25, 2013
Are they telling us that 35 governors cannot conduct a free, fair and transparent election among themselves just to elect a common unconstitutional, ceremonial representative?

Chai!

Kudos to INEC then.
Re: PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election by Nobody: 5:22am On May 25, 2013
pro01:

Most posters here are indeed.'learners'. Like I mentioned in another thread, Amaechi's 'victory' is a Pyrrhic victory. By even insisting on contesting that election - as if he was desperate to challenge the gods to a wrestling bout - he has brought home ant-infested firewood so he must worry about the inevitable visitation of lizards.

It is unprecedented in the history of the NGF for governors to openly reject the election results and declare their outright refusal to recognise the supposed winner. The implications are ominous for the clown parading himself as NGF chairman. If he has any sense left, he would resign immediately and focus on governing Rivers State for the very little time he has left to enjoy immunity.

when i saw akpabio worshipn dis woman stella no ehm patience i totaly lost respct fr hm bcs it ws obvios dt he wl in d future proof himself a stooge...

im surprised dt sm hunger striken individuals stil cant read the writin on d wall dt ebele is a "bad" president.....i wl rather vote fr mr ibu come 2015, he wl mek laf atleast.

stop tokin gibberish here....
Re: PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election by Nobody: 5:25am On May 25, 2013
Pedagogue:

* I was really stunned to see the Gov of Ondo state being tossed around like an houseboy by Gov. Akpabio in d interview he granted! Mimiko is fast turning to GEJ's south west puppet!!!
lol,
Re: PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election by Jalal(m): 5:25am On May 25, 2013
Gov Godswill Akpabio-" I personally struck out Ameachi's name and replaced him with Jonah Jang, please Gov. Jang take a bow"
Re: PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election by chris51(f): 5:38am On May 25, 2013
This simply shows that PDP is now in disarray. Some of their governors must have voted for Amaechi. This is a sign of surprises that will be witnessed in 2015. PDP was ready to destroy Rivers state because of petti politics. I know the insecurity in Rivers state before Rotimi got their. GEJ & his PDP should allow peace to reign in Rivers state.
As for bootlicker Akpobio, nemesis will soon catch up with him. His 2nd teure as governor will soon be over, let's see where he will go from there.
PDP gov forum & governors forum of the whole country. Which is bigger?pdp is sore loser. Pdp is just a party & not the nation.
Big lesson for so called pdp big wigs to learn. The whole intrigue is very interesting
Re: PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election by chris51(f): 5:40am On May 25, 2013
chris51: This simply shows that PDP is now in disarray. Some of their governors must have voted for Amaechi. This is a sign of surprises that will be witnessed in 2015. PDP was ready to destroy Rivers state because of petti politics. I know the insecurity in Rivers state before Rotimi got their. GEJ & his PDP should allow peace to reign in Rivers state.
As for bootlicker Akpobio, nemesis will soon catch up with him. His 2nd teure as governor will soon be over, let's see where he will go from there.
PDP gov forum & governors forum of the whole country. Which is bigger?pdp is sore loser. Pdp is just a party & not the nation.
Big lesson for so called pdp big wigs to learn. The whole intrigue is very interesting
Re: PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election by tunapawizzy: 5:44am On May 25, 2013
KnowAll: [size=18pt]if the so called Nigerian elites and leaders, the "cream-dela-cream" of our society can rig a simple election involving 36 individuals then we have some serious issues in that country undecided , how then can we ever conduct a free and fair elections involving millions of people[/size]?
i tire for dese idiots called governors
Re: PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election by Technocracy: 5:47am On May 25, 2013
lawbabs: Bad losers. Upon all the money GEJ gave Akpabio to damage Amaechi's bid, he has failed!
where u there when he gave him the monèy, stop reacting to issues like a toddler
Re: PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election by Eldashab(m): 6:04am On May 25, 2013
ifihearam:

And you think you are making any sense abi?
the guy make sense abeg. Read well
Re: PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election by Nobody: 6:07am On May 25, 2013
Without taking sides . . .this is my take.
This is not the sign of anything, just a test of the waters by a careful calculating man.
The Nigerians Gov. Forum is just a Forum, no constitutional role. Hence as soon as the members are no longer committed to it, it dies a natural death.
GEJ did not need to test out the election to kill the NGF, Having Setup the PDP version, he only needed to make the Govs truant.
Loosing or winning, their is a purpose for Aso Rock, test.

So this is not a test of GEJ, But a test of the workings of the Northern Political Machine, come 2015. They were offered a leading role which they rejected in order to act as a block. Govs. Who will otherwise have been silent have been forced to speak, So now the game of how best to checkmate them begins. Not only that, GEJ now knows who exactly needs to understand Who is in charge.
They were made to show their cards too early in the game, so the battle line is now very clear.

Also Amechi, won an election in a sphere where he is incumbent. How do you think that portends to an election where GEJ is incumbent? Lets see how the major of these Govs begin to loose the political machinery in their states. I Also predict a cabinet reshuffle by GEJ in the coming months.

7 Likes

Re: PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election by LBT: 6:36am On May 25, 2013
figment232: Its even easier to rig.Amaechi refused to step b4 the election.In fact he literally conducted his own election which was effectively rigged by the Director General of the NGF.This unacceptable
will Jonathan step down before 2015 election? CAPITAL NO! Amechi won squarely; can't you factor it out that almost all govs from opposition parties would vote for him and some loyal/friends of amechi in PDP! Abeg make apabio go sleep joor!
Re: PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election by figment232(m): 6:38am On May 25, 2013
gbame:

What do you mean by the bolded?
b4 the election Amaechi supposed to have stepped down as the NGF chair and dissolve the excutive of NGF to pve the way for a genuine election but he refused cos he already had plans to rig the election.
Re: PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election by Yazmin: 6:44am On May 25, 2013
figment232: Its even easier to rig.Amaechi refused to step b4 the election.In fact he literally conducted his own election which was effectively rigged by the Director General of the NGF.This unacceptable

How many of your guvnors stepped down during their re election bid in 2011. Did ur paymaster also step down during his bid?
Are u saying GEJ should step down in 2015 so that 'he literally conducted his own election which was effectively rigged'...in ur words?...
Use ur brain to post, no the free MB's u have.!
Re: PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election by figment232(m): 6:45am On May 25, 2013
ITbomb: It takes a rigger to know when another rigger outsmart him.
Amaechi na wise man politically.
Akpabio thinks it is by licking another man's yansh as his own sycophants are also licking his in his state.
Akpabio should know that politics is not about gathering people in a room and share money then STRIKE out any name that they dont like and imposing a senator, it is about earning loyalty and respect.
Shut that your smelling mouth
Re: PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election by Nobody: 6:51am On May 25, 2013
I don't think the problem is amaechi being d chairman of the NGF alone, but the fact that the NGF was becoming too strong and was beginning to influence things on the national stage like the state police palaver and the sovereign wealth fund etc. So I think the deal is this, if the NGF is going to be that influential, then it must be in congruence with the ideas of the ruling party else option B is to ensure it loses its influence.

My take is since Amaechi's leadership of the NGF is opposed to some of the policies of the ruling party, and he has won the re-election, by rejecting the result AND ASSERTING JANG AS WINNER, it is very likely that the PDP governors will stop being part of the NGF and strengthen the PDP GF or form a parallel NGF with Jang as chairman just to accommodate governors who aren't PDP governors but share their cause, thereby weakening the NGF.

Well these are just conjectures but I won't be surprised if things play out this way. And if does, it will be interesting to see what Amaechi does because before u know it, allegations of anti party activities will be slammed on him be PDP.

Naija Politics! So much like rocket science.
Re: PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election by Nobody: 6:53am On May 25, 2013
KnowAll: [size=18pt]if the so called Nigerian elites and leaders, the "cream-dela-cream" of our society can rig a simple election involving 36 individuals then we have some serious issues in that country undecided , how then can we ever conduct a free and fair elections involving millions of people[/size]?

Lmaoooooo and some people will foolishly come here and say "GEJ's election was the freest and fairest in the history of Africa" like we've all suddenly forgotten the videos of the rigging during the election.

Nigerians are crazy and hypocrites.
Re: PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election by figment232(m): 6:53am On May 25, 2013
Pedagogue: D reasons Akpabio and his 'PDP Governor's forum' have given shows how unintelligent they are!!!

They said Amaechi ought to have stepped down as the Chairman of the forum b4 the election was held - Why did they agree to go on with the election since they knew this!!! Since they conceded to that arrangement and proceeded to vote, it is now too late to cry!!!
Apart from this, Akpabio nay GEJ were just clueless as to how best to defeat Amaechi..they had lined up the Governors of Katsina and Bauchi b4 finally settling for Gov. Jang at the last minute!!!Political dis arrangement of the highest order!!!

GEJ and AKPABIO's tactics is obvious- if Amaechi wins, Governors loyal to GEJ should back out of the forum and declare another person as winner. With that, d Governors forum will die a natural death!!!

But whatever may be the case, the fact still remains that GEJ's camp must be sweating over Amaechi's victory. If GEJ could not prevail on PDP governors to vote in his candidate, how can he clinch the party's ticket in 2015?

* I was really stunned to see the Gov of Ondo state being tossed around like an houseboy by Gov. Akpabio in d interview he granted! Mimiko is fast turning to GEJ's south west puppet!!!
You are just overexaggerating.how and when was MIMIKO tossed around ,i watched the interview on AIT and didnt notice anything of such.EWU like you
Re: PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election by Yazmin: 6:54am On May 25, 2013
mbhs139: It may sound funny, but really I don't know who this Jang is. I thought Dariye is the Governor of Plateau State?

If we were even to vote on Nairaland, I'm sure Rotimi would have won with a land slide.

Welcome jare, omo aunty mi le'gba

And u r proud to show off ur lame ignorance. With all the happenings in plateaus state ,the newspaper reports,online news and google available @ the blink of an eye...haba! I thought awolowo was the national chairman of CAN and abacha is still the president of nigeria!
Re: PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election by Smartluv(m): 6:55am On May 25, 2013
my advice to PDP is that they trade with caution cus if they eventually loose GEJ in their nomination. PDP will loose d presidential election no matter who they nominated. For now PDP dnt hv any better candidate than GEJ.

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election by uche77zero(m): 7:01am On May 25, 2013
ManOfThePeople: Are they telling us that 35 governors cannot conduct a free, fair and transparent election among themselves just to elect a common unconstitutional, ceremonial representative?

Chai!

Kudos to INEC then.
we can now see the problem we are in when our governors can not hold an election among 36 persons. How can they carry out an election for 162.5 Million people properly ?
Re: PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election by dulphines: 7:02am On May 25, 2013
What we need to know is that Jonah Jang who happens to be Amaechi's oponent voted for Amaechi.If Akpabio is curious about the 3 missing votes, he should ask Jonah Jang and his brothers.

1 Like

Re: PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election by Twoboys: 7:11am On May 25, 2013
As a Nigerian, my pleasure is that the interest of Nigeria is being served. The NGF has in most recent times grown to become a cabal that foist her wish on the entire nation and fustrate any meaningful reform that will affect their selfish interest. A lot of folks have continued to pray for GOd to deliver us from this cabal called NGF. Today i see that deliverance, jus like when men develop "smart" idea to play GOD in the bible in the building of TOWER OF BABEL. God gave them a discordant tone to sing. This exactly is the happenning with NGF and it is in the interest of Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election by Pukkah: 7:12am On May 25, 2013
Honestly, what are Jang's achievements as a governor to pitch him against an Amechi? And the losers' camp sincerely expected Jang to defeat Amechi? So they would have celebrated a Jang's victory?

The problems with Nigeria are so many. Why didn't Jang's backers make up their minds on time? Rather than re-assess their faulty strategy, they're wailing and trying to discredit the entire process and the forum.
Re: PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election by ypzilanti: 7:13am On May 25, 2013
ifihearam:

You are indeed. A learner.
Watch what happens,akpabio rejects the. Result,which means over 18 govermors are against Amaechi. Abi?
Ok. Just wait and see what happens to rotimi,he has just started a fight with the gods,can he win?

Na GEJ be the god? Lol. All you people with short memories. Y'all thought Abacha, IBB, OBJ and YarAdua were gods too, eh? Nigeria is always bigger than any single individual in the Presidency. While the Nigerian people are docile, the Nigerian Elite are not...time and time again, they have dislodged anyone in that seat that gets to big for his britches.
Re: PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election by Nobody: 7:20am On May 25, 2013
profola2be:
Please,how on earth could you have thought that,Jonah Jang will defeat Ameachi?
Even an UNBORN baby or a blind man could have guessed right that,Jonah Jang doesn't have the political AURA that Rotimi Ameachi has!
I know a good number of local government Chairmen who will defeat Jonah Jang hands down anyday,in any election!
If no be say Presidency put mouth,you think say Jonah Jang go get any vote against Ameachi?
Even with their(Presidency) former candidates self,Katsina or Bauchi state Governors,I predicted winning for Ameachi,let alone Jonah Jang!
Please,anyone who isn't satisfied with the outcome of the election or the result can take a short cut.......(OTAPIAPIA dey or go hang yourself)
Are u under-rating Jonah Jang?
He was twice governor during Military regime in other wor millitary administrator of Benue and The old Gongola.
Keep shut if u dont know what to say.
@topic at hand,No comment yet.
Re: PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election by iwanchop(m): 7:31am On May 25, 2013
figment232: b4 the election Amaechi supposed to have stepped down as the NGF chair and dissolve the excutive of NGF to pve the way for a genuine election but he refused cos he already had plans to rig the election.

Let's say Amaechi was supposed to have stepped down,why didn't Akpabio and his cohorts walk out?Why did they partake in the elections ? Are they kids?You took part in an elections and later came out to cry over spilled milk..Amaechi won
Re: PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election by Nobody: 7:33am On May 25, 2013
Shame on jona n cohorts! Una neva see anything!
Re: PDP Governors Reject Amaechi's Election by shamson: 7:34am On May 25, 2013
[quote author=ifihearam]

You are indeed. A learner.
Watch what happens,akpabio rejects the. Result,which means over 18 govermors are against Amaechi. Abi?
Ok. Just wait and see what happens to rotimi,he has just started a fight with the gods,can he win?[/quote

A gods like that of Abacha will surely end like him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Returns To London Three Days After Arrival / The Dilapidated State Of Oyigbo Road In Rivers State / sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.