Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

6year Old Boy, Burnt And Stab By HIS Mother For Stealing Soup! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6year Old Boy, Burnt And Stab By HIS Mother For Stealing Soup! (1784 Views)

Man Catches His Mother With Her Lover, Attacked By Mum's Lover (photos) / Woman Strips Her 9-Year-Old Son For Stealing N5000 In Delta (Photo) / What Will You Remember Your Mother For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6year Old Boy, Burnt And Stab By HIS Mother For Stealing Soup! by AmyMarins(f): 1:36pm On May 25, 2013
#SMH#....sum people shudnt be allowed to parent a child(ren). Well, i got dis from a blog and thought i shud share;

A 25 year old petty trader has been arrested by police in Ibeju Lekki for allegedly burning her 6 year old son's face for going into their neighbour's home and licking their soup.

Not only did Sakirat Attah burn her son's face with hot iron after the neighbour reported her son to her, she also used a broken bottle to stab young Daniel in the head. You can see the photo above. How you can do this to your own child is beyond me.

Sakirat took her son into their one room apartment after finding out what he did, locked the door, lit a stove, put an iron spoon on it to get hot and used it to burn his face and hands as punishment. And when that wasn't enough, she broke a bottle and stabbed him in the head, leaving a deep cut. Daniel later told police he stole the soup because he was hungry.

Neighbours who heard the little boy screaming for help entered the room and rescued him from the mother. They rushed him to the hospital and called the police on the mum.

Shakirat Attah has been charged before an Igbosere Magistrate’s Court in Lagos on a one count charge of assaulting a minor occasioning bodily harm. She's currently in Kirikiri Prison, pending when she  fulfills her bail conditions. I hope they take this child away from her.

Re: 6year Old Boy, Burnt And Stab By HIS Mother For Stealing Soup! by babyme1(f): 1:41pm On May 25, 2013
Not again! Such a cute boy.

2 Likes

Re: 6year Old Boy, Burnt And Stab By HIS Mother For Stealing Soup! by AmyMarins(f): 1:46pm On May 25, 2013
baby.me:
Not again! Such a cute boy.

Just imagine! Now tell me,what sense does a 6year old have? Even if he's a teenager, is it enuf?

1 Like

Re: 6year Old Boy, Burnt And Stab By HIS Mother For Stealing Soup! by Emmyk(m): 1:55pm On May 25, 2013
Awwwr. Insanity at an apogee!
Re: 6year Old Boy, Burnt And Stab By HIS Mother For Stealing Soup! by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 25, 2013
Smh and we wonder where some nigerian kids get violent tendencies from.many are quick to blame it on over exposure to tv and internet when some parents are animalistic :/ mshewwwwwwwwwwwwww.sickening

1 Like

Re: 6year Old Boy, Burnt And Stab By HIS Mother For Stealing Soup! by dominique(f): 8:32pm On May 25, 2013
This one don pass dicipline, its pure wickedness. What do we blame in this case? Poverty? Illiteracy? This is wickedness beyond words kai!
Re: 6year Old Boy, Burnt And Stab By HIS Mother For Stealing Soup! by toofine765: 9:28pm On May 25, 2013
I see it as transfer of aggression. The mother's inability to provide for the poor boy is making her take it out on him. Just very unfortunate.she is a disgrace to motherhood.

1 Like

Re: 6year Old Boy, Burnt And Stab By HIS Mother For Stealing Soup! by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 25, 2013
and the cycle of violence continues

1 Like

Re: 6year Old Boy, Burnt And Stab By HIS Mother For Stealing Soup! by ManOfThePeople(m): 11:11pm On May 26, 2013
Yes I blame the government. It may sound silly but I do. I don't expect most Naija-based folks to understand.

Nigeria is rich enough to help poor parents take care of their kids. Even countries where high wages are paid and poverty level is generally low, they still give social benefits to poorer families.

It is for the good of the child, not the parents. Even 5k child benefit per month would go a long way.

If this boy now suffers constant violence, is there any reason why he would not inflict violence on other people (molester, armed robbber etc) as a grown up?

If this boy gets proper warm food for lunch at school, he might have no need to steal soup. The UN is only just urging Naija to provide school lunch.

1 Like

Re: 6year Old Boy, Burnt And Stab By HIS Mother For Stealing Soup! by Nobody: 12:06am On May 27, 2013
The woman is mad
Where is the father of this poor kid
angry angry angry
Re: 6year Old Boy, Burnt And Stab By HIS Mother For Stealing Soup! by Nobody: 12:55am On May 27, 2013
How can people do this to children cry cry
Re: 6year Old Boy, Burnt And Stab By HIS Mother For Stealing Soup! by thatchic: 2:32am On May 27, 2013
The poor baby was just hungry. This “mother” just transferred her anger and frustration on the poor boy. Poverty has eaten this woman’s brain cell. Many are praying/fasting, spending tons of money to be a parent and this one is torturing this precious child.
My heart breaks for this child, cos he will continue to live with this crazed woman.
Re: 6year Old Boy, Burnt And Stab By HIS Mother For Stealing Soup! by Akinagirl(f): 6:53am On May 27, 2013
Some children are better off raised by wolves. Damn! Poor baby.
Re: 6year Old Boy, Burnt And Stab By HIS Mother For Stealing Soup! by taryour(f): 7:58am On May 27, 2013
ManOfThePeople: Yes I blame the government. It may sound silly but I do. I don't expect most Naija-based folks to understand.

Nigeria is rich enough to help poor parents take care of their kids. Even countries where high wages are paid and poverty level is generally low, they still give social benefits to poorer families.

It is for the good of the child, not the parents. Even 5k child benefit per month would go a long way.

If this boy now suffers constant violence, is there any reason why he would not inflict violence on other people (molester, armed robbber etc) as a grown up?

If this boy gets proper warm food for lunch at school, he might have no need to steal soup. The UN is only just urging Naija to provide school lunch.

What exactly do you mean What has the government got to do with this?? There are lots of women with their kids roaming the streets helpless and more poverty stricken than this woman,yet they protect their with their lives and fight tooth and nail even when children welfare comes close to them to take the kids away for proper care. there is poverty every where and not only in Nija where kids are being treated worse so that one of Nija based folks not understanding as got nothing to do with the issue.

That woman is definitely mentally deranged to have gone tru 9months of preg and labor pains and done such to this boy and needs to be sent to ARO.

(1) (Reply)

Top Question A Good Wife Should Answer / I Tolerated Abuse For So Long - Anita Oyakhilome Speaks Of Divorce / Please Help Me I Think I'm Going Crazy!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.