Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria (19550 Views)

FLASH BACK: GEJ Insulted Nigerian Muslims By Visiting Isreal -sheikh Gumi / Why The Evil Of Terror May Linger - Sheikh Gumi / Obasanjo To Boko-Haram: “You Can Never Win This War” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by SimeonIce(m): 1:31pm On May 26, 2013
Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by ULSHERLAN(m): 1:34pm On May 26, 2013
if muslim scholars dont come out to distance themselves from bh y'all will complain, we have a brave muslim cleric condemning their evil acts now y'all still complaining @times i wonder what pleases human beings but i realised nothing does. to me this is a good development only if others can be bold enough to distance themselves and their religion from this evil perpetrators then all will be well.

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by HARDDON: 1:41pm On May 26, 2013
Pennywise: I respect this man Sheik Gumi (perhaps the only sheik about whom I can say that). I am glad he is bold enough to call a spade by its proper name.

an where was he all along?

i do where police was he referring to when he said military action was uncalled for? the one that is part and parcel of the rams?

it hasnt occurred to him yet that this is war? and any means to end it quickly and effectively is the most sure way?

we pray for peace but if to war we must, so help us God
Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by GoodSamaritan: 1:45pm On May 26, 2013
GUMI, PLS ALLOW THEM TO BREAK NIGERIA INTO 50 COUNTRIES. THAT'S MY PRAYER
Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by lonelydora: 1:46pm On May 26, 2013
One Nigeria is not working, ho haa! Share this country make we all go our separate ways.

2 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by Damon03(m): 1:59pm On May 26, 2013
You won't see the likes of babyosisi on this thread because there's nothing to throw insults and shout 72 virgins about...

2 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by alhabeeb(m): 2:06pm On May 26, 2013
jerseyboy: Sheik, Please Allow Them to Break it Up. We need real Progress in the South.
Wc south oo oga...n who wnt cum ur south..am sure ppl lyk u dia not stay @ ur own twn..
Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 26, 2013
TODAY is my BIRTHDAY.....kindly drop birthday wishes for me.
Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by betrani(m): 2:12pm On May 26, 2013
omaigala: IMO, I'd rather, the whole northern elders should come together and delegate people to meet with boko haram an1mals, tell them that evangelism only succeed through good deeds and acts, through standard life styles...

Let them know that verbal and peaceful jihad (evangelism) by talking to people one on one, through various media will yield more.

How can they kill people whom they haven't even preach to before?

Thank God I am a christian... Infact, those boko demons are delusional.
thank God ur a christian? What does that shit mean? So u don't knw that even within the worst set of sinners, people still exit with far better characters than "one man's acclaimed just persons" hmmm
Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by Aedesmuskeeto: 2:12pm On May 26, 2013
Degis: Who is this fellow trying to sell this crap to?. Until, you dunderheads put your house in order Nigeria will continue to live near the precipice of Balkanization
he doesn't need you to acknowledge his condemnation against the insurgents...

He doesn't condemn- una go talk.

He condemns-
una go still talk..

Slowpoke.

2 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by oiseworld: 2:22pm On May 26, 2013
All a boko haram member needs as stimulant for violence is to hear mentors like Gumi,buhari, ibb,atiku and co condemn their act of terrorism.

Wasn't this the same Gumi that a certain repentant boko said trained and encourage them as terrorist in Libya.

Time will tell.
Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 26, 2013
Boko Haram got it wrong when they diverted attention to christians and southerners and as well as their stance on education otherwise their desire for a...maybe sovereign northern state, where the ordinary northerner would be finally free from the clutches of their demonic elites, would have been welcome..sheik nagode but u gotto know that most nigerians are'nt interested anymore in one nigeria..you northerners are hypocrites, interested only in one naijeriya cos of oil! time is coming and u all gonna see...
And happy birthday to Rossie..can i have a piece of da cake or can i have a dance?..cheers
Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by hardbody: 2:28pm On May 26, 2013
Naijacitizen:

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/05/26/you-cannot-break-up-nigeria-sheikh-gumi-dares-boko-haram/

RIP Sheikh Ahmed Gumi.

Except you are rehashing a lie, you are history, trust me.
Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by foulplay: 2:38pm On May 26, 2013
For those of u saying Nigeria should divide come 2015 who guarantees ur 2mrw? Truth is you may not even live to witness it. Nonsence! Always wishing ur country bad for selfish reasons. God's will be done. One Naija!

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 26, 2013
Who's afraid of nigeria breaking up? Breaking up nigeria is part of my morning prayer ooo. Abi guys, una never tired of this yeye marriage? God please divorce this marriage in JESUS name AMEN. grin

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by leonshom(m): 2:45pm On May 26, 2013
If dey got such,I wonder wot thr waitin for, I guez ur'e one of dem !
don_pizzle: how can u say BH aint well-equpped?
dey got d firearm to blow up africa inna bit....lwkm
Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by UnimkeAk(m): 2:47pm On May 26, 2013
hensben: 20 boko haram shall fall dt day if dem cross naija lane ooo weh...un2 d mata open n close

Oya back to the mata LOAD and SHOOT ! grin
Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by Songitto(m): 2:50pm On May 26, 2013
190: what is boko haram

Ask google
Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 26, 2013
foulplay: For those of u saying Nigeria should divide come 2015 who guarantees ur 2mrw? Truth is you may not even live to witness it. Nonsence! Always wishing ur country bad for selfish reasons. God's will be done. One Naija!

So fear don dey catch you? I know people like you can not remember dem papa compound and hometown, if dem ask everybody 2 return home. Sorry Ebi like say your papa no dey carry una dey go home 4 long time. Please my friend try and discover your father's hometown quick, because nigeria fit no be the same sooner or later. Laughing in swahili kikikikikikikiki hahahahahahaha. grin cheesy grin grin
Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by killuminati(m): 2:52pm On May 26, 2013
Decryptor: Coward! When BH was flexing muscles, you didn't criticize them. Now the Army is containing the situation, you are barking like a hungry labrador. ***hisssss**
you're di biggest coward and a fool. Gumi has been outspoken ever since, save that crap for your hypocritical like minds!

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by Mustay(m): 2:53pm On May 26, 2013
Thank you @naptu2. Remember, I told you I salute your 'archiving' skills wink

I've said it in other threads too, since BH began their attacks during UMYA days (circa 2009), muslim clerics in the north who criticized their activities were always targetted. If the Sultan, the spiritual leader of Muslims condemns them, who else do you want?

Crime is crime - if there's justice in this world, media won't have to be telling us a christian thief or buddhist robber. Let them face justice instead of trying to paint one person's misdeeds as representation of others.

Who told you Muslims don't pray against BH? Even on radio shows, you hear them discuss this issue over and over again, even after that, non-muslims call in to tell the presenters to discuss BH endlessly.

Methinks we all need to purge the hate out of our stomach. The last time I checked, BH never represented Muslim concerns like MURIC, AUD and similar organisations do/did, so why would/should anyone promote them to be 'leaders'

Lastly, this thing about break up, unless we want to be like UAE who built the Palm Island on water, I don't think the so-called South wants to build another coutry on the Atlantic Ocean. If we separate, those you hate this much would still remain your neighbors and just ask Turkey whether they can today turn a blind eye to Syria's war!

To destroy is easy, to build nko It's never easy. There are better things we can use our intellect to do rather than allowing bigotry and its allies waste the 'brain's resources'.

5 Likes

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 26, 2013
ROSYL: TODAY is my BIRTHDAY.....kindly drop birthday wishes for me. 
Thanks.

fu*king and sucking in my dirty mind. Let me use it 2 cerebrate with you. I hope you grab my thinking? No other birthday wishes wey pass dat one grin grin grin
Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by naptu2: 3:24pm On May 26, 2013
Mustay: Thank you @naptu2. Remember, I told you I salute your 'archiving' skills wink

I've said it in other threads too, since BH began their attacks during UMYA days (circa 2009), muslim clerics in the north who criticized their activities were always targetted. If the Sultan, the spiritual leader of Muslims condemns them, who else do you want?

Crime is crime - if there's justice in this world, media won't have to be telling us a christian thief or buddhist robber. Let them face justice instead of trying to paint one person's misdeeds as representation of others.

Who told you Muslims don't pray against BH? Even on radio shows, you hear them discuss this issue over and over again, even after that, non-muslims call in to tell the presenters to discuss BH endlessly.

Methinks we all need to purge the hate out of our stomach. The last time I checked, BH never represented Muslim concerns like MURIC, AUD and similar organisations do/did, so why would/should anyone promote them to be 'leaders'

Lastly, this thing about break up, unless we want to be like UAE who built the Palm Island on water, I don't think the so-called South wants to build another coutry on the Atlantic Ocean. If we separate, those you hate this much would still remain your neighbors and just ask Turkey whether they can today turn a blind eye to Syria's war!

To destroy is easy, to build nko It's never easy. There are better things we can use our intellect to do rather than allowing bigotry and its allies waste the 'brain's resources'.

Thank you very much. smiley

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by AnanseK(m): 3:27pm On May 26, 2013
Simeon Ice: For the first time,a core northerner is speaking the whole truth...
Instead of giving place to sentimentality, religiousity, and ethno-centric parochialism, lets join hands and make nigeria great
I rest my case

Good comment . But this is not the first time. Gumi himself had always, always spoken against BH. Many others have done so .

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by sunkoye: 3:29pm On May 26, 2013
Wondering y it took him whole eternity to say dat! One hell of a politician!
Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by IbrahimB: 3:31pm On May 26, 2013
sunkoye: Wondering y it took him whole eternity to say dat! One hell of a politician!

He has actually been criticizing BH for a long time now.

1 Like

Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by 40Lightyears: 3:38pm On May 26, 2013
Respected Islamic scholar, Sheik Ahmed Gumi, Saturday told the
members of the violent group- Boko Harm that they would not succeed in their plans to break up Nigeria.

Gumi while speaking with ewsmen grin grin at his Kaduna home avowed that the outlawed sect “cannot kill someone and expect peace; they will not live to enjoy the killings they did; they have only destroyed themselves”. “I am calling on all those killing people including the Boko Haram members to stop that; they are
destroying themselves, and they can never succeed,” he said.

WELL SAID! GUMI HAS SOME SENSE AFTERALL, IMPRESSIVE.

On the recent declaration of state of emergency in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states by President Goodluck Jonathan, the medical doctor said the decision was politically motivated. According to him, “The state of emergency is a political decision done in necessity of war because the army, police security checkpoints and the rest have all the facilities to fight the Boko Haram without imposing such law. “In fact, it is my idea that engaging the army might be like killing a fly with a hammer, because the Boko Haram is entrenched within the civilian population. A very good intelligence decision can fish them out one by one,” he said. “The Boko Haram group does not have the firepower; they only load a car with explosives somewhere and explode it. The Boko Haram members only need good policing; a well-equipped police, good intelligence can curtail their activities. And if the situation gets worse, get the officers in the armed forces to fish them out.”
Gumi further added that “Nigerians must live in peace; everyone needs good health, shelter, education and a better future for their children. We need tranquility. Leaders should not be
biased at all level; they should serve all Muslims, Christians, and in fact they should serve the whole country”.

There's no political undertone to the SoE, as u claim. So on this, i give u a "BOOOOOOO!!!" undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by qplus(m): 3:39pm On May 26, 2013
boko haram wil soon b d name of a street. Notin more. They started a war they couldn't fight.
Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by size38: 3:47pm On May 26, 2013
Who come be dis sheik Gumi wey dey talk now? For how many months that his boko haram members have been killing nobody heard his voice. Even when the federal govt constituted commitee for boko haram we never saw him. Now that the federal govt has decided to deal wit boko haram he came out of his shell to talk. Where has Gumi been all these while? Hypocricy!
Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by Oluabayomi1(m): 3:53pm On May 26, 2013
Sheik Gumi or wht is dt ur name? So u re not in Nigeria when d situation was worse? For ur info n base on ur comment dt d army should b brought in when d situation is worse,we re experiencing d worst of BH n dt was y state of emergency was imposed. Ur brodaz aren't also ready to provide d intelligence report needed to fish these Bargas out.
Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 26, 2013
size38: Who come be dis sheik Gumi wey dey talk now? For how many months that his boko haram members have been killing nobody heard his voice. Even when the federal govt constituted commitee for boko haram we never saw him. Now that the federal govt has decided to deal wit boko haram he came out of his shell to talk. Where has Gumi been all these while? Hypocricy!
Decryptor: Coward! When BH was flexing muscles, you didn't criticize them. Now the Army is containing the situation, you are barking like a hungry labrador. ***hisssss**
Re: Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria by naptu2: 4:02pm On May 26, 2013
The first time I heard Sheikh Gumi speak against Boko Haram was in 2011. In 2012 he devoted a large part of his ramadan lectures to preaching against boko haram. It is believed that the bombs that exploded near the mosque where he was preaching were carried by suicide bombers sent to kill him.

Check the links I earlier posted.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa / Niger Bridge Is Falling! / Bill To Lower Age To Contest In Elections Passes First Reading In NASS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.